Old Ebbitt Grill
675 15th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Old Ebbitt Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ebbitt.com/
- Phone: 2023474801x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 11:00am
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 8:30am - 4:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 12:00am,
Saturday & Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Late Night Dining: Sunday - Thursday: 12:00am - 1:00am,
Friday & Saturday: 12:00am - 2:00am
Closed Christmas Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Salvatore Ferro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact our events department at 202.552.5000.
- Special Events: 20th Annual Oyster Riot: Nov 21 & 22, 2014
Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday, Nov 27, 2014
Christmas Eve Dinner on Wednesday, Dec 24, 2014
New Year's Eve on Wednesday, Dec 31, 2014
A word from Old Ebbitt Grill
Established in 1856, Old Ebbitt Grill is the oldest dining saloon in Washington, DC. Across from the White House, Old Ebbitt serves American Cuisine, and offers the largest selection of oysters in DC. Open daily for breakfast, lunch, dinner and late-night dining, and Saturday and Sunday Brunch. Casual dining with service to locals and visitors alike.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Old Ebbitt Grill - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Old Ebbitt Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
1411 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (529)special occasion (492)hot spot (481)great for lunch (479)good for groups (467)vibrant bar scene (429)fit for foodies (413)great for brunch (283)late-night find (199)romantic (199)kid-friendly (198)notable wine list (168)scenic view (59)great for outdoor dining (18)Show More
- A DC StapleOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/29/2014You can't go wrong eating at the Old Ebbitt Grill - solid food, our service was great. Will definitely return when out of town guests come and I want to be sure things will be right.Special Features:
- OutstandingFR72Dined on 10/28/2014The best seafood and raw bar in the world, the best atmosphere and service, a DC landmark that should not be missedSpecial Features:
- Best dining in DCOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014We've been to Old Ebbitt many times and always a pleasant experience. Great food, great service and this time we were seated in the atrium, very comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014A good experience, but pricey given the proximity of the neighboring tables and the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Ebbitts is the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014I live in Chicago and come to DC about 4 times a year for work and usually stay 5 days. Of the 5 days I always eat here at least twice, one of my favorite places, and I tell everyone back home about it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2014Excellent food and service. Loved the energy inside with politicians, tourists and others mixing together in such a historic restaurant.Special Features:
- Special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/27/2014My niece was returning home from running in the marine marathon. We had eaten here with her parents when they were here a year ago an d they thought it was out of this world. On both occasions and other times we have been there it was a special time. We always have the oyster stew.Special Features:
- Excellent FindOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/26/2014We were visiting the DC area for only 1 night and wanted to find a restaurant with a little history, great ambiance, and just a little out of the ordinary. This place has it all... great location, great ambiance, and outstanding food. Awesome overall experience!Special Features:
- Great Food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014The food at Old Ebbitt Grill was delicious.The waitress was very knowledgeable about menu options. It was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/26/2014Table was crowded for 5. Asked to be moved but told we could not because of other reservations. However, we could see empty tables outside for the time we were there. Food was tasty and we enjoyed the scene. Service was good except when we waited forever to take care of the check. Not sure what hold up was. Until then waiter had been very helpful and attentive. Crabcakes lived up to reputation and oysters that were fried did also. The pork belly tacos were delicious.Special Features:
- First Time BruncherAvidFoodieDined on 10/26/2014This wasn't my first time at OEG but my first time there for brunch. the menu had some impeccable choices. When I think of brucnh I think of buffet. Other than that, the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oysters for breakfast! Yum.EclairDined on 10/26/2014My husband enjoyed a dozen fresh oyster and I asked to have some fried oysters added to my eggs benedict. No problem! AND delicious. We never miss the opportunity to enjoy a meal at Ebbitts Grill when in town. Walking distance from the Smithsonian Mall, casual and always delicious.Special Features:
- EnduringdrinksandotherlibationsDined on 10/25/2014Always good. Menu changes just enough to insure a pleasant nowness.Special Features:
- Out Standing Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Attentive Staff, great ambiance and vibe. Excellent food, Lobster was to die for as well as the Artichoke and Crab dip. Tables are close together so we had the opportunity to meet other people, locals and tourists alike... Loved It!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good spot, okay foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014very cool historic restaurant, the interior is beautiful and nice service the food was just okay however, not the best lobster and the shrimp ceviche appetizer was mushy and bland, would go back for a drink but not to eat againSpecial Features:
- White House Historic Resaurant FindOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/25/2014Love the Old Ebbitt Grille....our second time in DC. So much historic character and close to walking distance to White House area after dinner. Won't disappoint. Service outstanding, very accommodating to our needs. Many comfy booths, happy hour bar scene, and overall pleasant experience... casual but upscale, and very reasonably priced for DC! So happy we could get a reservation from OT during prime evening hrs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Love Old Ebbitt Grill! This is a "must go to" when in the DC area. Food is great and service is superb, wines affordable. Crab cakes were delicious! And oh! Don't skip dessert whatever you do. The Butterscotch Blonde Sundae is incredible. The restaurant itself is gorgeous and unique - loaded with history and charm. Classy with great ambiance, white table cloths but not at all formal. Saw ladies dressed to the nines and others casual. We will definitely go there on our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to choose among good dishes!MadameCocoDined on 10/25/2014The variety of tasty choices and the relatively reasonable prices were impressive. I didn't know whether to go with the roast chicken, as this version of one of my favorite staples was served with grits and Chanterelle mushrooms, or the Fisherman's Stew, which promised swordfish, clams, mussels, calamari, and more. I ultimately chose the Cannelloni de Casa, stuffed with spinach, ham, and cheeses--yummy, but I was too full from picking at my son's big starter dish of chicken wings to finish. It was equally sad that we had no room for dessert because I wanted to try the Pumpkin Bread Pudding or the Peanut Butter Pie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014We truly enjoyed our dinner at Old Ebbitt Grill last Saturday and the food was excellent and prices were more than reasonable. I only have two complaints which stopped it from being a five star evening and that is (1) the lack of parking in the area. It would be wonderful if valet parking started at 5:00 instead of 6:00; and (2) the booths are too small. Could we possible get another inch. If you're busty you will have a problem getting in and out of these booths..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014Old Ebbitt Grill is our go to eating place when we are in DC. The entire staff was accommodating and friendly. The food was great, but the seafood tower was spectacular. Great pre MCM celebration place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatrestaurantfinderinDCDined on 10/24/2014Good food and would recommend to friends. Great location with lots of things to do & seeSpecial Features:
- Fun night with old friends!loishDined on 10/24/2014Good food, great service, nice place to dine with my oldest friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was fine, not exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014The noise level was most uncomfortable,the food was fine but not exceptional. Service was excellent. Will probably not returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TigerDined on 10/24/2014In a word "fantastic", food, service, everything you want in a meal you will get here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but LOUDFoleysDined on 10/24/2014Our service and food were great but we felt like we were sitting with the people at the next table and it was so loud it was hard to talk to my husband!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!IchliebeDeutschlandDined on 10/24/2014Our group of 5 got right in at our reservation time. Service was a bit slow. We often had to look for our waiter. However, the food was excellent and reasonably priced for DC. It was Friday night and was loud because of it. Would definitely go back!Special Features:
- I brought out-of-town guests heredinerDined on 10/24/2014I don't like to be handed a pager when I arrive 5 minutes early for my RESERVATION and then have to wait beyond my reservation time. Seems to me pagers are for those WITHOUT reservations. The man at the host station behaved as if he was an airport gate attendant rather than the face of Old Ebbitt Grill. After that very poor start, our party of 4 each enjoyed our meals. The meatloaf was outstanding! I liked my crab cake and the accompanying slaw. My friend enjoyed the cannelloni but I thought the presentation was weak. Our waitress was friendly, attentive and efficient. She did a great job during a busy lunch hour, and I tipped her well. Good ambience and the noise level was surprisingly not too loud for a packed room.Special Features:
- Too many better options in DC!MakingmehungryDined on 10/23/2014Interesting place. Amazing success for generations. Unbelievably busy and popular. But with do many awesome dining options in DC, I wouldn't recommend this one...unless you want to wait for your mass-produced un-inventive food in a place so jam-packed that the table next to you is less than an arms length aware. Stop in for a drink to see it, but head to 7th St. for much better dining options.Special Features:
- MCM weekOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/23/2014My wife went to school at Georgetown so when we came down here for the MCM, this was one of the restaurants we had to eat at. We enjoyed lunch our first day here. The food was great, and the service, ambience and settings matched the food. Would strongly recommend Old Ebbitt Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just visitingPubsandgrills1Dined on 10/23/2014Historical establishment. Excellent service. Amazing atmosphere. Food was great. Will definitely go back again when visitingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchLadmantVIPDined on 10/23/2014Old Ebbitt is a staple and menu can be repdictable. But lunch last week was a fantastic autumn chopped salad with Kale, quinoa, faro, butternut squash. Excellent. I'll be back just for that...maybe a few oysters too.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/22/2014Excellent food, ambiance and service. The pork shank appetizer was out of this world good! My only complaint is the tables were extrememly close together. You could not help but overhear conversations and know that yours as well was not private. Great for socializing but not a romantic dinner for two.Special Features:
- noisy, crowdedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Adequate food, crowded. It is more a place to see than a food destination. Do and and say you've been there, but don't expect gastronomical delights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night!AEBladeDined on 10/22/2014This is a must do if you are in the DC area. Food is awesome, staff is very nice, and the place is a site to see. Great whether you are having a drink or eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DC place for good foodPorfiriopicanteDined on 10/21/2014What can you say about the old Ebbitt Grill... Other then it's a great place in DC to eat lunch or late night and in between. You never know if you're going to see some politicos or celebrities creeping around. Well worth the visit to the place everyone knows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timer1moretimeDined on 10/21/2014Reservations made through "Open Table" were easy; restaurant has nice ambiance; food was very good; prices were reasonable. What else would one want?Special Features:
- Historic GemOmaha6163Dined on 10/21/2014As the oldest restaurant in Washington, it would be easy for this restaurant to deteriorate into a tourist trap. It hasn't! The Old Ebbit has a great atmosphere, with what look like its original gas lamps supplemented by modern lighting, cool art, nice tables and a vibrant bar scene. The atmpshere is perfect, and the food is pretty darn good, too. All of the seafood items we had were excellent, and the prices very reasonable. This was my first time there, and I will definitely go back. This is a busy spot, so use Open Table to book a reservation unless you want to wait a while.Special Features:
- I go every time I'm in DCGatorgirl2002Dined on 10/21/2014This is my favorite restaurant in DC. I go here every time I'm in DC. I keep going back because I love the food I love the location I love the history. Great food,great service, great ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Norwegian visitorLJETDined on 10/21/2014My friend from Norway is staying in the DC area for a semester was impressed with the American food and atmosphere. The crab cakes were delicious. She said it was the best place to experience the political atmosphere right next to the White House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Iowan in the big cityIowaBudDined on 10/20/2014Tables were crowded together for interesting proximity phenomena, but seating was prompt (couldn't finish my beer at the bar), waiter was professional, food was good and very timely in preparation.Special Features: