Old Crow Smokehouse
1100 American Lane
Schaumburg, IL 60173Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Old Crow Smokehouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.johnbarleycorn.com/
- Phone: 8476195540x
- Hours of Operation:
MONDAY THRU THURSDAY OPEN 11:30 AM - 11 PM
FRIDAY & SATURDAY OPEN 11:30 AM - 3 AM
SUNDAY OPEN 11 AM - 10 PM
BRUNCN AVAILABLE SUNDAYS 11 AM - 1 PM BUFFET $19.95/Kids under 8 $8.95
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Chef Gabriel
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Sports programming, music & country bands from 9 PM - 1 PM on Friday and Saturday
A word from Old Crow Smokehouse
Now in the burbs great food, atmosphere, friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Old Crow Smokehouse - Best Restaurants in Schaumburg ›
Old Crow Smokehouse reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (13)vibrant bar scene (10)great for outdoor dining (6)late-night find (5)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)fit for foodies (3)neighborhood gem (2)special occasion (2)Show More
- love this placeJoanneDined on 8/23/2014Our bill was only $230 for 6 people with drinks(1-2 pop) brought home 2 left over boxes. Waitress was super sweet. Offered to take our group picture. Have reccomended to friends and p,an to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnJaser13Dined on 8/22/2014Food was very good, several beer choices on tap as well as bottles. Only issues were that it's very loud. Music can stand to be turned down a few notches. Service was very friendly but slow and our table received appetizer after dinner was served. Manager and waitress apologized and removed app from the bill. BBQ burger was given thumbs up from my son. Wife had 3 meat combo, chicken was a little dry, pork and brisket were excellent. I had the burnt ends, other than a few dry pieces most was moist and flavorful with a nice au jus to dip for a different BBQ taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet PleaseChrissyDined on 8/22/2014The restaurant was so loud we could not hear the couple we were dining with across the table and it was nowhere near full. There were big gaps in service too. Our waitress told us no one has told her that we were her table. When our food finally did arrive it was horribly dried out,which is hard to do with dark meat chicken. I don't think we will return.
- OKDonnaDined on 8/20/2014I was surprised by the interior. Although I am sure it was not dirty, the look and feel felt a little grimy. It is one of those restaurants where they give you peanuts and paper towels at your table and there are peanut shells all over the floor, etc. The outside eating area looked cleaner than the inside of the restaurant. The food was good but not great. Their baked beans were not good at all. It's like they opened up a can of Campbell s Pork & beans and did nothing to enhance its bland flavor. At the very least, if you are going to use canned beans, buy the good stuff like Bush's baked beans. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Not sure I would go out of my way to go there again but if meeting up with a group, I would.Special Features:
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/16/2014It was our first time there, and five stars all the way. The beer selection is excellent, and I wish they did beer flights. The Kentucky Bourbon beer is awesome, highly recommend it. The food is great and our waitress was very friendly and attentive. Will certainly come back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good BBQDrDeeVIPDined on 8/16/2014Good BBQ. Brisket was tender and flavorful. Pulled Pork was tasty. Fast service. They do need to do something about the comfort of the chairs/bar stools. Not really conducive to eating a meal while sitting uncomfortably. Also would suggest more lower tables and booths rather than the slew of higher bar tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A birthday treat!ALC0719Dined on 7/19/2014When I told my husband that I wanted to go to Old Crow for my birthday dinner, he suggested that we try something more festive. But this was where I wanted to go and we both were very happy that we went. Our table was ready upon arrival and right away the hostess apologized for the construction. They are adding a patio, yippee I thought, we love eating outdoors. I read the reviews that complained about the chairs but we found them comfortable. Had the jalapeño poppers per the waitress' suggestion. Perfect starter with a little zing. I had the pork sliders and my husband had the brisket. Both were delicious! Meat was juicy and full of flavor. Drinks were good too. Had the cranberry moonshine. Was great with the BBQ. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Very good barbecuegreenlockDined on 7/19/2014The brisket is always good and do NOT get it trimmed.
- surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014Unique atmosphere, excellent smoked bbq friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New restaurant disappointsBobFDined on 6/21/2014We are always excited to see a new BBQ restaurant in the suburbs. We are familiar with Austin Texas BBQ so thus restaurant/sports bar looked promising. We ordered the brisket and pulled pork. In my opinion, the brisket was cut a little too think, rather dry and tough, not much flavor, and too salty. The pulled pork, however, was very moist and flavorful with a nice smoky flavor. The waitress was great, checking in frequently. The atmosphere was good, but the restaurant could use some additional regular height tables and chairs, as all but one were bar height, making it difficult for some people to climb. My wife has knee issues and has trouble with tall tables. All in all, the restaurant was OK but not memorable.Special Features:
- Good BBQ, Fun placembornVIPDined on 6/14/2014Our party of four got the combo platter which included pulled pork, a rack of ribs, a whole beer can chicken, a couple sausage links, four large pieces of brisket and several sides. All in all the food was good and the value was exceptional - the chicken was some of the most moist we'd ever had - probably the best part of the meal. Brisket and sausages were also very good. Pulled pork was a little dry and we found the ribs to be dry and salty - but otherwise a very good deal. Hot sauce could be hotter. Service was prompt and friendly. Great beer and bourbon selections and even a respectable wine list - not expected in a Texas style BBQ joint. The place is a little off the beaten path in Schaumburg but give it a try. Fun atmosphere.Special Features:
- Britney the serverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/30/2014Their sever Britney is awesome, super personality, on top of her game. Best server we have had in a long time and we eat out on the burbs rather often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BBQ + DrinksJanRayDined on 5/30/2014New bar/ food spot in the old John Barleycorn site in Schaumburg. Drink selection had some intriguing mixed drinks as well as a nice selection of beers on tap and bottled as well as wine. Mixed drinks had some emphasis on bourbons which was a nice change and went well with BBQ. We had smoked brisket which was delicious, and pulled pork tacos with coleslaw relish which was good. Food served was casual as expected at a bar. Server was attentive. Lots of natural light from large windows and the room was large and open with overall barnwood theme. Country band was to play in this first floor room later but we could not stay this time. Will try that next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little country smokehouseBBQloverDined on 5/28/2014Walking into this place is like walking into an old west saloon ... Surrounded by TVs. Great BBQ, cold beer, good looking servers, and you get to throw your peanuts on the floor. Truly a great restaurant for dinner, and an even better country bar with live music at night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 208 reviews are from the Old Crow Smokehouse reviews archive.
- Awesome foodBurntendsVIPDined on 4/25/2014This smokehouse is awesome!!! The pulled pork and burnt ends were deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good barbecuegreenlockDined on 4/12/2014The brisket was delicious. The sides of green beans and cole slaw was very average. Chef Scruggs came by the table to check on us (and others). The personal service was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!xtina919Dined on 4/12/2014Went here for dinner with my boyfriend and another couple... I instantly loved the atmosphere/decor. I wish I remember our waitress's name, she was great! The food was delicious, and the drinks were great. I would definitely go back! I've already recommended the place to a few friends. Great new place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding BBQBBQLoverVIPDined on 4/10/2014Absolutely delicious BBG. Tried all the sauces and all were great. Kinda noisy is the only drawback.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would love to but was crushedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2013I would love to but was crushed to learn via Facebook Monday they are now longer a bar and restaurant - they will only be open for party's and special events.Special Features:
- Disappointed on Father's Day!!PhilDined on 6/16/2013This is my 2nd time at the Father's Day brunch. I was very disappointed this year. The buffet items were not kept up, many were empty or had very little left and many items were not kept hot. Last year I did not experience these problems. The dessert table was very disappointing, not much there at all. Their advertising of the event mentioned "give-a-ways" and other surprises, there were none and the only surprise was that the food was not up to their normal standards, I enjoy this establishment , but will probably not attend their "Special Days" again, especially with the inflated prices charged for my party of 8. The service was OK, At least they did their job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is never crowded.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/14/2013This place is never crowded. Friday night 6:30 and no one there???Special Features:
- Value oriented brunch. relativelyWGN15111Dined on 5/26/2013Value oriented brunch. relatively low selection. Warming dishes not refreshed often enough. Good deals on brunch type beverages,I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fantastic, Noise level BadOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/4/2013Let me start out by saying The Jalapeno Bacon Burger was fantastic, it has just enough heat to it. Had family in from Minnesota that were staying near by, choose John Barleycorn for the food, Had I know that the noise level was so high you could barely hear yourself talk, I wouldn't have choosen this restuarant for a family gathering with that said we were greated with a smile, the food was fantastic, service was ok and we did have a good time. I would recommend John Barleycorn based on the food alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dull normalOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/4/2013If you want a suburban mall bar that serves good hamburgers, this is fine. If you want anything else, go somewhere else.Special Features:
- We had enjoyable dinner, andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/28/2013We had enjoyable dinner, and celebration of a birthday.Special Features:
- I went to barleycorn for myOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013I went to barleycorn for my birthday with a big group of friends. The staff was extremely friendly and attentive. She even separated the checks without me asking her to. It was very convenient and we really appreciated it! I had a great night.Special Features:
- Out for a bachelor party withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013Out for a bachelor party with the guys, Seated right away, lots of different beers, service was good, a good group of large breasts and low cut tops, lots of room for our table, food was good and TV's everywhere for sports. All in all a good time.Special Features:
- Went here for Admins ProfessionalOutstandingVIPDined on 4/24/2013Went here for Admins Professional day. I don't think people know it is open for lunch. It was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/16/2013This was my first time at the restaurant. We ate in the bar area. Good Lunch place for business people. The Chopped Salad was very good. Management was testing new summer soups, and gave us a complementary free cup of the french onion. it was very good. Manager and Staff very focused on our needs. I would go there again.Special Features:
- Fun night for a Bachelorette PartyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013We went to John Barleycorn for a Bachelorette Party and we all had a good time. We started off with a cocktail downstairs and our server was very nice and attentive. We took the party upstairs because the music was hoppin and much to our surprise, it was almost dead up there at 10:45. We waited it out and danced a little hoping that others would join in. It took about an hour to really get a good crowd, but once they did, we all had a great time, especially the bride! :)If I ever go back, it will be much later in the evening so there is a good crowd.Special Features:
- Went there for Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/7/2013Went there for Sunday brunch even though I had been there once before for lunch and did not have a great experience due to POOR service. This happened shortly after you opened and although we go out for dinner 4 nights a week we never returned. When one of the people in our party on Sunday suggested to go back I had reservations because of our past experience but thought that maybe the service issues had been addressed in the past couple of years but no, the problem still exists. We waited 9 minutes for a server to even come to the table and she was not even busy. Food was, for the most part, tasty and it is a very good value although selections were quite limited. I am a past restaurant manager and you have serious problems.
- Food was good. Prices wereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/30/2013Food was good. Prices were reasonable. Beer selection was good. Service was attentive, but regular coke was served rather than diet and one meal was completely left off the order. We were a group of 9...large for one waitress but not unmanageable! Despite the mixups, we would return.Special Features:
- Your noise selection goesMollyBDined on 3/21/2013Your noise selection goes from quiet to energetic. I would say "too loud" if the selection was given. I was there for a business dinner and the band music in the bar made it hard to hear at the dinner tables. Wish the bar or the dinner tables were more closed off. If I wanted to hear the band, I would have gone to the bar.Special Features:
- The food was a little slowOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/16/2013The food was a little slow coming out of the kitchen for those of us who ordered the corned beef and cabbage dinner. Others in our group had the buffet - so all is well.Special Features:
- Service staff outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/12/2013Service staff outstanding. Too loud. Throughout the night, you could hear someone speaking with a microphone, VERY distracting and disruptive to table conversation. Food ok. Steamed Vegetables while seasoned good, the carrots were barely cooked. Very hard. The squash and zucchini was over cooked. Prices good for groups.Special Features:
- This is a good old fashionedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/10/2013This is a good old fashioned brunch. Standard lunch/breakfast food in a comfortable setting. There was enough of a crowd to keep the food turnover high enough so that nothing sat in the warming dishes too long. The omelets were quick and made to order. The only area that may have lacked a little was the dessert table but that didn't matter to us as we were pretty full by the time we finished sampling the other areas.Special Features:
- Our food was mediocre at best.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013Our food was mediocre at best. My fish had the texture of chicken and required a steak knife to cut. My boyfriend's steak was overcooked. Overall, I thought this place was VERY overpriced for the quality of food we received.
- Very impressed by the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2013Very impressed by the food here! Came here with other family members for the first time and were not disappointed. Waitress was wonderful and service was great. The appetizer was delicious (sample platter was huge)and the barbecue baby back ribs were excellent. The prices were very reasonable and will be coming back.Special Features:
- If you are looking for a goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/1/2013If you are looking for a good fish fry in the area, Barleycorn is the place to go. All you can eat for $13!
- Slow and loud!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/28/2013Service was very slow. I was with a group so that may be why it took so long for the food, however, it seemed like it took forever for the menus and drink orders. It also was too loud. I don't usually complain abut the noise but I don't like to yell at someone during dinner to be heard. Food and martinis were great!