Old Crow Smokehouse
3506 N Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60657Neighborhood:
Lakeview / East Lakeview
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Old Crow Smokehouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://oldcrowsmokehouse.com/
- Phone: 7735374452
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Barbecue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Old Crow Smokehouse
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Old Crow Smokehouse reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)fit for foodies (1)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Good food, so so serviceBluesboyVIPDined on 9/23/2014So, I went here with 3 other people before a Cubs game so, admittedly, it was fairly busy. The food was actually a pleasant surprise and pretty good overall. We has the pork egg rolls for an appetizer and then the sausages, chicken, and burger for entrees. All were very tasty. The only bad part of our experience was the service. It was good early on but once we had our entrees, it completely evaporated. No one came by to check on us, offer to get us more drinks, and I had to chase down someone three times to get the check. In the end, this is a place I'm not sure I'd return to just because of service. Had that been better, I'd definitely go back for the food.Special Features:
- The following 14 reviews are from the Old Crow Smokehouse reviews archive.
- Good for groupsILoveJohnDalysDined on 6/1/2014I went here with 10 friends for the hawks game. We had good service with the expection of the food. I ordered the chicken salad and it was sloppy. One sandwich hardly had any chicken salad on it so I asked for more. They were busy so it was fine but they should should be able to check plates before going out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holy Smokehouse!dinesalotDined on 5/22/2014Dining as a group this time we opted for a few build-your-own combos. My favorite was brisket which melts in your mouth and is so tender, no need for a knife. Delish as always. We also enjoyed the DRY rubbed ribs, so flavorful and tender, they don't even need the three delicious sauces that are on the table. We added pulled pork to the mix which is outstanding. All of my guests raved about the quality of the smoked meats as well as the generous sides. The rich & creamy mac & cheese has a unique flavor and Sweet potatoes were to die for. Cocktails were fantastic Big winners: Front Porch Punch & Blackberry Crow. Beautiful urban rustic decor and laid back country vibe made for a great night out.Special Features:
- I wish I could rate the foodMsConnesouirDined on 4/26/2014The menu for this place looked great, so I decided to make a 9pm or so reservation on a Saturday. We got there a couple minutes early and were seated shortly thereafter. That is where the service ended. We sat at our table for 20 minutes and no one came by to take a food or drink order, so we decided to leave. We stopped by the the hostess on the way out and told her what happened. She said sorry, but was in no rush to fix the problem.
- Sloppy ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2014When we sat down we waited way too long for our server to come over. When the food finally arrived, my side dish was wrong and we didn't have any silverware until we could finally flag down our server. The ketchup on the table was empty and I had to ask 3 times to have my water refilled. I had the BBQ Wrap but it was too much meat and too little anything else.Special Features:
- Amazing food, drinks, and music!!!ChicagoTomDined on 3/8/2014My g/f and I were seated promptly with our reservation. They had a live country band playing who were very energetic, and got the crowd going. The specialty drinks were fantastic. They have several beers on tap to also choose from. The food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food slow servicePaulVIPDined on 2/28/2014Great place to eat, drink and listen to some good country music. It's a country bar that is actually a country bar, not some regular 2000 SF bar that claims to be country "bc our DJ plays country music here." The head chef even came out and asked if we enjoyed our food. You don't see that at many places anymore. Only down side is that our waitress clearly lost interest in us bc we weren't chugging our bud lights and ordering drinks every 5 minutes. So it took us 28 minutes to get our check at the end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unique dining experiencemisteruDined on 2/21/2014In the cluster of yuppie restaurants in Wrigleyville, Old Crow offered a relaxing setting with craft beers and a variety of smoked foods done on site. The homemade eggrolls were outstanding as was the thai chicken skewers and the smoked chicken salad sandwich. I ordered the sausage which were a little dry, but the homemade sauces tasty, not sweet or spicy; complimented the food. Definitely plan to go there again with family and friends. They said the glass roof will slide open in summer for an outdoor dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Sense ExperiencemunchabunchDined on 2/14/2014It takes your breath away when you first walk in. Vaulted ceilings with a retractable roof, rustic-industrial design and decor, amazing acoustics, and super friendly staff members. There are so many beautiful touches and character in the whole place. Everything is very clean and organized. The musical entertainment is awesome: live bands and karaoke! The food is incredible. The presentation is very eye-pleasing. The ribs are tender, flavourful, and perfectly smoked. The bleu cheese sweet potatoes are a must-try! Nothing you choose will be the wrong thing. Tasty, tasty! It's not just a great restaurant - it's an experience. Take note: You will be carded at the door and they serve peanuts, so be mindful of taking any allergy-cursed friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old crowJohnpwDined on 1/25/2014Awesome food, great moonshine, excellent music. Plan to go back often !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereChrisRocksVIPDined on 12/18/2013Greta atmosphere. We were here on a weeknight, but I will be back for a Friday or Saturday to check out the music. Lot's of space, very open restaurant/bar. Good drink menu - try the Kentucky Breakfast if you like whiskey and most drinks come in mason jarsSpecial Features:
- AMAZING FOOD!!! Best BBQ inOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/13/2013AMAZING FOOD!!! Best BBQ in the city!! I also loved the live country band. I will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for the live music andLuv2eatDined on 11/27/2013Went for the live music and dinner. Draft Beer selection limited mostly IPAs Food was good ... No highlights for entrees Sides good green beans, sweet potatoes Band was good lead woman singers would prefer lead males for country music Nice venue.. Big enough for groups space to move around and danceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cold bbqccase888Dined on 11/22/2013Bad Our food was cold. In a city where mac&cheese is abundant this tasted worse than out of the box with sticky yellow cheeze. Dry cold cornbread Good The smokey whisky in my manhattan was quite nice. Beef brisket was the best of the pulled pork, grilled chicken and ribs. Service MusicSpecial Features:
- New Country BBQ in Wrigley amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2013The space is incredibly impressive; you feel as if you're stepping into a barn that has been revamped and filled with tables. Great wait staff, food was verygood and extremely reasonably priced. Nice selection of specialty BBQ sauces. Interesting drink specials and a live band playing all night long. Really fun experience for dinner for anyone, and a great night out esp. for country music fans. One of the part owners spoke with us briefly and inquired about our experience and bought us a round of drinks. Def recommend this place for a meal and to party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.