Old City House
115 Cordova St
St. Augustine, FL 32084Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Old City House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oldcityhouse.com/
- Phone: 9048260113
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday -Saturday 11:30am-2:30pm; Dinner: Monday -Thursday 5:00pm-9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Old City House
features creative cuisine, spiced with variety, in a casually elegant dining atmosphere. Located in a beautifully restored 19th century building, the Old City House offers it’s guests the chance to experience a personal selection of world cuisine in a Mediterranean atmosphere. Only the finest ingredients are used and all entrees are prepared to order featuring fresh seafood, pasta, beef, lamb, and pork. The intimate and charming dining room is conducive to a relaxed, comfortable meal which is served by a knowledgeable and professional wait staff.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Old City House reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (10)special occasion (8)neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Romantic spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Service was great; probably one of the best dining experiences I've had in St. Augustine. I had the lamb and it was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEW DISAPPOINTMENT AT OLD CITYSHARPKNIFEVIPDined on 9/12/2014I had fairly high expectations for the Old City Inn. In fact, the ginger cream and carrot soup served as an appetizer was excellent. Then came the entree, which was fair at best. Service was very friendly but not enough from keeping this to be a one-time visit.Special Features:
- Lovely eveningblakejDined on 9/5/2014This is a great place if you want a tasty meal in a cozy environment. The soups are excellent. The service is unobtrusive. Old City makes it easy to relax & put your day behind you with a good meal & a nice glass of wine.Special Features:
- Old City, new owners!SWJKPADined on 8/5/2014What a fabulous dining experience! Our first time at this restaurant, but not the last! Extensive wine list, unbelievable menu, and attentive service! Savory Butternut squash soup, tender steak with gnocchi, fresh crab cocktail, salted trout, and then dessert......Toberone cheesecake and French vanilla creme brûlée! We cannot wait to return!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerSuzyDined on 7/9/2014This was our first visit and for my birthday I chose this restaurant. It was a cozy atmosphere, very helpful waiter, and the food, excellent!! We were really impressed. What a wonderful experience and will be visiting again sooner rather then waiting for my birthday!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth a trip!HammockgalDined on 6/27/2014Excellent food and service. Unfortunately a large business party had half the restaurant reserved so it got rather noisy. But I would assume on nights without this large group the restaurant would have been a quiet yet vibrant place to dine. Thoroughly enjoyed it and will return.Special Features:
- SpoiledbyColesDined on 6/27/2014Our meal was lovely. Sadly they had booked a large group that was very noisy very loud and spilled over into the area where we were trying to have a quiet romantic dinner. I would give it another try, but I would check before booking that there were no large outside groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie4Augustine1Dined on 5/31/2014This was the best restaurant we have ever eaten at. We first started with the melon and prosciutto salad, then the mushroom cream soup. This soup was AWESOME! For are main course we had the boneless lamb and goat cheese encrusted pork loin. By far the best lamb and pork ever!!! The chef is magnificent and very talented. You have to try this place. We have eaten at many five star restaurants in Savannah and Charleston and no restaurant compares to this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 4 reviews are from the Old City House reviews archive.
- Pleasant dining experience.TravelRabbitDined on 5/22/2014Attractive restaurant with good to Attractive restaurant. Good to excellent food which is very attractively presented. The tri color salad was rather a yawn though. Good service and drinks. Have eaten there twice when visiting St. Augustine and will dine there again if I have the opportunity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wanna BeJm87VIPDined on 5/10/2014Avoid this place if u r a foodie. Presentation is awesome...but the food is very average. Four of our five entrees were cold. The lamb was probably the worse I've ever had. Waiter(handle bar mustache guy) was rude, condescending and in general a very poor server. Will not go back to this place.
- Excellent Food2littlepiggiesDined on 5/6/2014The food at this restaurant is exceptional! They give attention to detail. The wait staff is attentive, however they do not rush you out of the restaurant. I had the pork tenderloin and it was the best, I have ever eaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!skiduchessVIPDined on 5/3/2014We were traveling through Florida and decided to stop for lunch in St. Augustine. What a great find! Delicious food and quaint atmosphere. Old City House also is part of a tasting tour through the city which would be a lot of fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.