Old Burdicks Bar and Grill
100 W. Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo, MI 49007Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Old Burdicks Bar and Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oldburdicks.com/
- Phone: 2693430032
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 12:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 1;30am; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 12:00am, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 1:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Michael Martin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Old Burdick"s has two private dining rooms each accommodating up to 50 people seated. One of the private dining rooms named "The Dugout" has a bar attached to it that may be included in room usage.
- Private Party Contact: Katrina Barber 2693430032
A word from Old Burdicks Bar and Grill
Old Burdick's Bar & Grill has been a downtown Kalamazoo institution since 1991. There are also Old Burdick's in Holiday Inn West and the Icehouse at Wings Stadium. All three restaurant locations feature the best sandwiches, burgers, salads and entrees, as well as a great selection of cocktails, wines and beers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Old Burdicks Bar and Grill - Best Restaurants in Kalamazoo ›
Old Burdicks Bar and Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)fit for foodies (1)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Slow ServicekalpersDined on 10/3/2014I can not understand how this place has the slowest service I have ever dealt with. I really like the atmosphere but I void this place like the plague. I'd say that I usually go once or twice a year and at that rate, I am never surprised by the slow service. Each time I ask myself why would I ever go here but some how I think maybe it has changed. I even have friends who will not even go here at all due to the slow service. On top of that, they have the highest priced beers in Kalamazoo. I got a Bell's Expedition Stout and it was $12 for a 16oz. Afterwards we headed over to Bell's and they had the same 16oz Expedition Stout and it was less than $7 and it didn't take 30 min to get the beer order.
- The not so happy birthdaysydsmom01Dined on 9/21/2014I came in with my immediate family to celebrate my daughter's birthday. I had presents and cupcakes, yet our server never inquired or said anything about if we were celebrating anything, she was very disconnected. I had to send back my entrée and the waitress said that they'd get me a new one. The new entrée never came and I ended up eating french fries only for dinner. The waitress never came back to our table to check on us after bringing our meals and never knew that nobody had brought me my entrée. She came over to ask how we wanted the bills split up and acted surprised when I asked her to take my entrée off the bill. The good food wasn't worth the drive from Portage since I didn't get to eat dinner.
- Not impressedjayleighDined on 8/30/2014My friend has raved about Burdick's forever, and I was excited to try it out. Unfortunately, I was not impressed. Apparently, the menu has changed recently and not for the better. My friend said Burdick's had the best prime rib and spinach dip, but both items are no longer available. I ordered the chicken fingers basket as there weren't many options (so many items were beer infused, and not recommended by others). My friend ordered a burger and it was raw. They did replace it with mashed potatoes per her request, and even those were dry and crusty. The worst part though was the service. While our waitress was nice, she was extremely slow and would forget to bring requested items. Overall, I wouldn't recommend Burdick's to anyone.
- slow service and over priced foodneveragain33Dined on 8/16/2014It took 15 minutes to receive drinks. The appetizers that we ordered was such a small serving size that we sent it back because it was $13 . We are unsure of what they did to remodel besides new flooring. It looks the same as it always has. Total disappointment.
- Great downtown spotdeborahannbrownDined on 7/26/2014Kalamazoo has a great downtown and the Old Burdicks is a great place for any atmosphere you desire. Sit down restaurant for couples or groups, bar scene with multiple large screen TVs for sports, and outdoor seating weather permitting. A very nice menu and drink menu. Full bar and brewery beer available.Special Features:
- The following 107 reviews are from the Old Burdicks Bar and Grill reviews archive.
- One of our favorite places to go!AimaehDined on 5/11/2014We love this restaurant! They have excellent food and great drink specials. It's our go-to-place for meeting up w/ our friends. It's quiet enough to be able to talk and yet if you want to hang out and watch the game and be in a more festive environment they have their bar area that is separate from the dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burdicks birthday dinnerAprilJoyDined on 3/30/2014I had my birthday dinner here with a group of my friends and it was fantastic! We all shared their three course meal deals with an appetizer, two entrees and two desserts. Everything was delicious and delivered in a timely manner. The food presentation that they have at Burdicks is wonderful as well. We had Andrew as our waiter and he was very attentive and didn't rush us when it came to ordering. He even saw that we were celebrating my birthday and delivered one of the best brownie desserts I've had in a while. It was a great atmosphere to linger over drinks after dinner and talk. The only mildly bad thing I have to say was that the tv was a bit loud so if that isn't what you want, then I suggest sitting further away from it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/23/2014Great food and good atmosphere, service very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Booming Atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2014Great food and company, would gladly come back. Make sure you use Open Table to get your reservation made to get the best and quickedt results!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good timedatenightDined on 3/1/2014Every thing was great, service was excellent. My steak at it's thickest point was way to rare, sent it back. It came back better but still to rare and I couldn't finish. Overall experience was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was with a group of 10 andAnnBDined on 2/28/2014I was with a group of 10 and we only had 1 server and she was only 4 days on the job. As expected, our service was extremely slow. When I went out to use the bathroom there were employees just standing around in both the bar and the check-in area. She apologized profusely but there seemed to be no one on duty interested in helping her out. It took us forever to get drinks from the bar and to just have her take our order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy deals, Yummy food!lanns815Dined on 2/16/2014Great food and awesome Sunday deals. Half-off drafts and 3 course meals for 1 or 2. Worth the value for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yes, I would go back!MarkoDined on 2/15/2014This review is quite overdue as my experience here actually took place in February 15, 2014. The staff was expecting me and made aware, by Open Table, that I had some difficulty walking and would likely not be able to speak with them. I had the Old Burdick's Club Sandwich (I am not all that adventurous) - mmmm. I observed that staff was kind and attentive but not intrusive for each table. Deciding to try the 'Brownie A La Mode'. I was not prepared for what arrived! It could have served three or four people! It was delicious and I was afraid that my belt would fail as I waddled out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server was awesome..food notOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Server was awesome..food not good..table of six..had to send back THREE meals..TWO times..not cooked properly..so we finished our meals after everyone..manager did come to table, but gave us excuse of bad service..did not want to hear excuse of how busy kitchen was..ordered food and it wasn't acceptable..period..
- Sports fansEmber326Dined on 2/14/2014Great for sports fans. Only down side was that I was hoping the Bar and Grill would be separated more. Great food and wonderful staff is what I would go back for though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lego breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014My grandson and I enjoyed the breakfast and Lego displays. The Legos were AMAZING! We had fun finding the actual buildings as we walked downtown.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dark and expensiveRileyDined on 1/1/2014Everyone was friendly and helpful but it was already dim in there when they turned the lights down more for some reason. The menu was extensive but expensive compared to area restaurants of similar quality.
- New Years gemRunyDined on 12/31/2013Great place to eat for those attending New Years Fest.Special Features:
- Overpriced Small portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/8/2013The food portions are small and over priced. We were charged for a refill on Iced Tea. My wife's shrimp tacos had "2" small pieces of shrimp in each. My Club sandwich looked like it came from a childrens menu.. We live in Kalamazoo and go downtown frequently. We won't be eating @ Old Burdick's again as, this is the 2nd or third time we have had this experience. Lunch was $60 for 3 adults 1 child. "No alcohol"
- DisappointedShamefulDined on 12/7/2013I took my grandchildren to see Santa (of whom we never saw) - It was called "Breakfast with Santa" and he was in a separate room not "mingling" as I had imagined. The food was restricted to a Breakfast Bar which 1/2 of the things we wanted were not ready or available. Certainly don't think it was worth the $29.00 I paid and the experience was not pleasant. I could have taken them somewhere else for breakfast without all the "hype" and had more fun with them. Will never take part in a Burdick's special again and am going to unsubscribe to the notices.Special Features:
- Santa breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/7/2013We had a great time st the Santa breakfast. My grand daughter really enjoyed herselfSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never AgainSlowpokeDined on 12/6/2013Had made reservations for work Christmas dinner. Took and 1 1/2 hours to get our meal. So loud we could hardly talk to each other. Not the fault of our server. She did her best. Probably won't be back for awhile.Special Features:
- It was "ok"NursemomtothreeDined on 11/16/2013Made a reservation for 6:45 on a Saturday night. We were sat promptly but the hostess forgot to grab a kids menu for our 6 year old - said she would be right back and never returned. Our waitress took our drink order and we asked for a kids menu, she returned over 10 minutes later with our drinks and still had no kids menu. I ordered guac/salsa/chips for an appetizer and she brought chips and salsa (no guac). We ordered the ribeye to share between my husband and I and it took over 25 minutes to arrive. The steak was decent taste wise, but did not resemble a ribeye and had virtually no marbling. I will say that the waitress seemed apologetic even though we were very patient and understanding.
- Best breakfast buffet!Daiseyjo52Dined on 10/26/2013Best breakfast buffet in town! You can grab and eat the food set on the buffet or you can order up hot off the line! Everything is fresh! Fresh squeezed orange juice, fresh fruit, delicious omelets, and the cooks are wonderful- tell them what you want and you've got Definitely worth the price if you take full advantage of your options!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good to be back at BurdicksLynneDined on 10/19/2013We enjoy eating at Burdicks when we are in Kalamazoo for a convention everything 1 - 2 years. We were somewhat disappointed this time. Some of the food did not seem as fresh (whitefish and green beans) and when hot extremely fresh those things can be pretty awful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Energetic DiningTrueFoodieDined on 9/7/2013I happened to be visiting from Atlanta & decided to go to Burdicks at The Radison! It was lively & fun because there just so happen to be a U of M game going on! We had a blast. It is friendly & sophisticated! Our waitress was AWESOME! Her name was Nadia & she made us laugh the entire night! The food was fresh & tasty, but the menu is a little limited for my taste as a foodie, but I would suggest it to anyone, because there is something for everybody. The price point is pretty cool too! Overall, great experience.Special Features:
- community helpers brunchgrandmaDined on 9/7/2013very enjoyable. great brunch. much attention to the children and relationships with community officersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every time i come in hereTayRaeDined on 8/30/2013Every time i come in here i love the experience! the staff is incredibly nice and friendly and are very accommodating to needs. I did have a problem with my last visit on how long it took from giving my drink order to receiving my drink at my table. I would say it was a good 10-15 minute wait while at dinner. But other than that I love coming!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burdicks Bar and GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2013Looking on Open Table for local restaurants, we found Burdick's and decided to try it. The menu offered enough variety for the three of us and we each paired something different with a beer of choice. I enjoy a lighter beer and would appreciate some bitterness ratings but, in lieu of that, I asked the waitress. She offered a few suggestions and then came back with an awesome suggestion from the bar. I appreciate a waitress like that (and a barman who got it right). The food was good if not really imaginative. Street parking is a bit of an issue (there is a lot on the next street over, behind the restaurant, and it was a reasonably small charge). We enjoyed the evening, but there is more this restaurant could do to up its game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burgers don't live up to claimsjloveDined on 7/12/2013I am certain I can cook a better burger on my grill. Lot of burger and beer choices, but just another pub burger.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business Lunch venueFoodieDined on 6/25/2013Great place to meet clients for lunch. Lots of menu choices. Food is nicely presented and delicious. Can accommodate large groups or tables for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Breakfast BuffetOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2013I took my husband to Burdick's for their breakfast buffet on Father's Day. He loves their cinnamon bun French toast! We have a five-month-old, and she enjoyed the bustle that comes with a buffet. Everyone was super friendly and helpful, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in effort.JjbrownDined on 6/1/2013I took my parents and kids to the Superhero brunch on Saturday. We had such a good time last time this was put on. You had a great Wonder Woman and an even better Batman! However, this time Spider-Man was walking around without shoes and a ponytail hanging out (which my 5 year old mentioned he didn't want to take a pic with him). He also mentioned they looked liked $10 costumes from Target. They were wrinkled and just not what we all expected. It was a huge let down. Not sure we will do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome character breakfast!DinewithkidsDined on 6/1/2013The food was great and the kids got to meet superman, Spider-Man and Wonder Woman!Special Features:
- Mother's Day CelebrationmikesmomDined on 5/12/2013Our family loves Old Burdicks. The menu has a lot of choices to please everyone, and is very family friendly. The service is always great, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not so goodJoanneDined on 5/12/2013My mothers day dinner just wasn't what I had hoped for. We were not happy . This was the 2nd time we had eaten there and I don't think I'll be back for a 3rd try.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationSallyGDined on 5/7/2013We had a family celebration for a birthday and ultimately were 9 adults and a highchair for seating. The wait staff was very accomodating that our number had changed from the reservations for 8 plus a highchair and quickly added a table. The service was good, food was good also, although one entree was incorrect and one was overcooked and those had to be sent back. We enjoy the location of the restaurant and it is convenient for family coming from both south and north of Kalamazoo to meet for dinner. We would recommend Burdick's to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ReferencePeggyDined on 5/3/2013Needing somewhere "special" to have dinner with our grandchildren before seeing "Wicked" in Kalamazoo, I went on Facebook to ask people where we should eat. Everyone said, Burdicks and we were not disappointed. The food, the service and the ambiance were perfect. Mike, our server made it fun with his suggestions for drinks, food and dessert. I would highly recommend your restaurant to others and will definitely be back! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were celebrating a graduationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013We were celebrating a graduation and were running late, but the restaurant held our table for us, which we really appreciated. The food was very good and the service was excellent. Really enjoyed the caprese sandwich.Special Features:
- The service was slow and impersonabOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013The service was slow and impersonable. The food was so so.