Old Blinking Light
9344 Dorchester St
Highlands Ranch, CO 80129Neighborhood:
Highlands Ranch / Lone Tree
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Old Blinking Light
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.taosrestaurantgroup.com/old_blinking_light/_about.html
- Phone: 3033469797
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Hansen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call and talk to our event manager!
- Private Party Facilities: The Old Blinking Light’s "Kiva Room" offers a warm, intimate atmosphere for family gatherings, corporate events, social receptions & business luncheons. This truly unique space accommodates up to 36 people seated and up to 45 for a cocktail style reception. With private access to an outdoor patio of Colorado's beautiful front range, the Old Blinking Light is the ultimate private dining experience in Highlands Ranch. We offer our full dinner menu for parties up to 25, and special limited menus to your specifications. The Kiva Room's large screen TV is laptop compatible and is perfect for Powerpoint presentations and slideshows. There are also chalk boards and cork boards available for your needs.
- Private Party Contact: Earl Gonzales 3033469797
- Cross Street: Highlands Ranch Parkway
- Public Transit: RTD bus route has multiple transits that will get you 200 yards from the restaurant. The stop will be the town center in Highlands Ranch.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Open parking available throughout the town center with a multi level public garage directly behind the restaurant.
A word from Old Blinking Light
Whether you are looking for a relaxing lunch, family-friendly dinner or night out to enjoy excellent margaritas, the Old Blinking Light welcomes you! Named one of America’s 10 Best New Chefs by Food & Wine Magazine, Chef Joseph Wrede joins forces with owners Michael Yaccino and Nat Troy to introduce a fresh new taste to the Highlands Ranch community. Influenced by a Taos, NM background, the superb menu offers a wide range of fresh flavors and tastes. American food with a Southwest soul!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Old Blinking Light - Best Restaurants in Highlands Ranch / Lone Tree ›
Old Blinking Light reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (66)great for outdoor dining (56)good for groups (43)fit for foodies (40)special occasion (21)kid-friendly (19)great for lunch (19)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (16)romantic (14)notable wine list (8)late-night find (6)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- anna1222Dined on 10/18/2014They were extremely busy, and although we had a reservation, we ended up waiting 45 minutes for a table. Everything else was fast, the service was great, and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MenuFirsttimerDined on 10/13/2014Wonderful variety of tasty foods. Generous portions, a little pricey for average lunch time fare but very good.Special Features:
- ExcellentGr8eatsDined on 10/11/2014OBL is one of our favorites. We invited two other couples to join us for dinner. It was a little noisy even while seated in the largest booth and we arrived at 5 and to attend another event at 7. It was great overall! Our friends liked it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food at reasonable pricesOCfoodiesinCODined on 10/3/2014We enjoyed our meal in Oct 4. We had been here about 4 months prior and had THE worst service. The waitress redeemed the restaurant. Food was delicious, and we had impeccable service. Would definitely go back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummyLaceyVIPDined on 10/2/2014We had an incredible dinner. The enchiladas were awesome. The beat salad appetizer different but taste. The service was prompt and attentive. Downside 9.00 for a single mixed drink was a bit high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch - so many choices!liv4wineDined on 10/1/2014I live 30 miles from OLB, but I go there whenever I have need to be on the southwest side of the metro area. Their menu is full of awesome food and it's hard to choose what to eat! That's why I never hesitate to make reservations at this delicious neighborhood gem. I had the butternut squash soup and the beet salad. Yum!Special Features:
- Always great foodC2computerVIPDined on 9/29/2014Great food, good service. We enjoy the happy hour as well, it is reasonable.Special Features:
- So many optionsPDubVIPDined on 9/26/2014With such a varied menu, sometimes it's hard to decide what to eat here. Great salads, burgers, fish and chips. Solid Mexican food. A few great fish entrees, with interesting ingredients and preparations. We are lucky to have OBL in the neighborhood!Special Features:
- Great spotCaccyDined on 9/26/2014We enjoyed our Prix Fixe Groupon. We loved all the food. Had the shrimp appetizer, truffle fries appetizer, salmon entree, lamb entree and creme brulee. I spilled red wine all over my white jeans. They were great and apologized. I said they had nothing to apologize for. I did it all by myself! They gave me a free glass which was super nice! Really nice server and busboy.Special Features:
- Terrible food, Noise level highCsnlittletonDined on 9/25/2014We will not be going back. The food was horrible. The next day after we had dinner there our friends said they went twice and both times the food was really bad! The noise level was so high couldn't hardly have a conversation.
- Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/24/2014Great service and food. Everyone was on top if their game.Special Features:
- Another Great Meal!TeweyDined on 9/24/2014We've been coming to OBL for a few years now. They are always good and the service is good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Average80015Dined on 9/20/2014We ordered the mussel apps. and it was unlike anything I have seen, ever. The mussels were so small you hardly could taste them. They were literally the size of a large pea. I was brought up in the rest. business and know if my father ever saw something like that he would never serve it to his customers. The seafood tacos were something you would expect from a fast food Mex place only for 1/4 the price. The fish and chips were just okay. The cod was very good but the breading was way over fried and was just on the verge of having a burnt taste. For the price the amount of cod you got was small, 2 fried pieces. There were plenty of fries (chips). All in all $64, with tip, for two and two drinks was a waste of money. Very noisy
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/19/2014Went with a group of six people. Nico, our waiter, was excellent! He handled special requests easily and helped us have a great time. Tuna burger, lamb, and mahi mahi ceviche were all wonderful , as was the veggie pizza and mud pie. Definitely recommended!Special Features:
- Yummy food!JgaleDined on 9/19/2014The enchiladas and fish tacos were delicious! The white sangria was refreshing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Reservations2sistersDined on 9/12/2014We had reservations made for a specific time and yet we had to wait with everybody else. We didn't get seated for 40 minutes past our reservation time. The host wouldn't acknowledge the delay until I went up to ask about our seating. This in turn caused us to rush through dinner & be late picking up our daughter. No apologies were made by host or management. Disappointing date night.Special Features:
- OBL DeliversJImDDined on 9/8/2014Great food and a vibrant room. Overpriced cocktails and a lack of a liqueur behind the bar (Drambuie) were the only downside. I have returned to this restaurant on several occasions and have always felt welcome and well taken care of.Special Features:
- Something unique in HRflyguy376Dined on 9/5/2014We were very pleased & surprised with our visit to OBL. The menu was filled with great dishes. Nice atmosphere & good service. Certainly one of the pricier options for a neighborhood restaurant, but a nice change from the usual "every town" chain restaurants. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageJonesyDined on 8/29/2014The food was average, not spectacular. Pizza was soggy, fish and chips tough. Margaritas weak.Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood spotDotmaeDined on 8/28/2014It is nice to have other than a fast food restraint in the neighborhood in the suburbs.Special Features:
- Great foodPickyEaterDined on 8/27/2014The food was incredible, everyone raved about the dish they ordered. The only down side was the service, it took 15 before we even got a water glass and after asking for a desert menu it was another 15 minutes. It was really delayed and we could never locate the server if we wanted a refill. The food saved the day and I would return for that alone, hoping it was an off day for the particular server and next time we hopefully will have more prompt service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Priced about 20% too high.69CHOWINGDOWNDined on 8/23/2014Old Blinking Light is a good restaurant. The presentations of food are impressive. The food QUALITY could be slightly better. Quantity is sufficient. Wine and drinks are way over-priced, as in most restaurants in the USA. The service was okay, but could have been improved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner placeJoAnnDined on 8/23/2014The food was great and service was even better. it was a busy night but they did not skip a beat. Had a great evenig.Special Features:
- Amazing FoodCRFoodieDined on 8/23/2014This place has amazing food and great atmosphere. We travel from Castle Rock to eat here at least once a month. They also are kid friendly no mater what time of the day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always WonderfuljeanegenieVIPDined on 8/21/2014Dinner at Old Blinking Light is always a treat. The food - great tasting as always. Service is impeccable and efficient. Just an overall great night out.Special Features:
- Birthday partygroupeatDined on 8/19/2014Our dinner at OBL was greatly enhanced by the kind treatment we received. Great food too! Will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to meet friendsBonapeDined on 8/16/2014Good variety of food and appetizers. The mojitos are some of the best in the metro area. Butternut squash soup was excellent. Would make this a regular place to dine.Special Features:
- CheeseyDined on 8/15/2014All the food was wonderful except the King Ranch Casserole. That seemed to be a whole package of corn tortillas with chile and cheese between the layers. Too much tortilla, not enough filling. Everything else we've ordered there has been delicious -- well-prepared and nice balance on the plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistency PaysericslaneDined on 8/9/2014Another great experience that makes us keep coming back. Our server was attentive, but not annoying and the King Ranch enchiladas were great, as were the chips, salsa, guacamole, and queso. Drinks not bad either. Well done.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ginny731reviewDined on 7/31/2014I thought the Old Blinking Light was terrific in terms of food, ambience, location, ease to park, etc. Our server did not seem to be "committed" but she may have had too many tables. Other than that, it was superb and that will be my first choice when looking for a place for business lunch in that area in the future. I appreciate they offer inside and patio dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed ExperienceBTC15VIPDined on 7/30/2014We frequent OBL and have brought multiple sets of friends to dine as well. This time, my wife and I enjoyed our dishes but our friends were disappointed by the chicken enchaladas. They thought their dishes were too cheesy and did not pack the "punch" they expected from a hatched green dish. The ambience is still great, especially for surburbia. My friend ordered a vodka martini dirty but it was beyond filthy. She had to send it back which OBL gladly made right. That is, until the bill showed up and the martini was double charged. We will continue to come back but this wasn't OBL's finest night.
- Lucky to have OBL herePDubVIPDined on 7/25/2014We are very lucky to have a restaurant of this quality and originality in our neighborhood. From a casual salad or burger or fish taco, all the way up to a great steak or grilled fish, everything on the menu at OBL is great. The ambiance is casual cool. A true gem in Highlands Ranch.Special Features:
- Unique menuSwimChick59Dined on 7/22/2014We had a nice dinner. Nice variety on the menu and the food was delicious. Huge portions. Chips were soggy, wouldn't recommend. Mussels were unique and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014and great, friendly service. We were glad we made reservations, it was packed inside and out on patio.Special Features:
- Food takes center stageJImDDined on 7/12/2014The food at OBL is consistently good. On my last visit I ordered the lamb sirloin with fried brussels sprouts. The combination of the two was extraordinary and my plate was clean when taken away. The noise level is high and cocktails a little pricey. I could still carry on a conversation with my friend, though. I'll be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OBL Going StrongImTheGManDined on 7/11/2014I finally got around to dinner at this place, after it had been on my list for ten years. I thought it was a fine dining place, which may have been why it took me so long to go. Turns out it's upscale southwestern, in a handsomely decorated open space. I had the achiote pork lion and my wife had the mahi-mahi. Both were excellent; the pork may have been slightly more excellent if they had pulled it off the fire 90 seconds earlier. A nit. Wine and beer lists are fairly extensive and moderately priced - $4 for a draw of Dale's Pale and $8 for a good house chardonnay. Service was attentive but not hover-y. Very nice.Special Features:
- Good food, varied menuBillVIPDined on 7/5/2014The menu is broad, which isn't always a good sign. But our party of 6 had six different entrees and two appetizers and all were excellent. There is also a diverse drink menu and wine list. Our waiter was friendly and definitely knew the menu. It all made for an enjoyable evening.
- The following 316 reviews are from the Old Blinking Light reviews archive.
- Great local restauranttom1701Dined on 6/26/2014We really enjoyed Old Blinking Light's nouveau Mexican cuisine. Delicious and unique appetizers, wonderful entrées with great sides and sauces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistency Pays OffericslaneDined on 6/7/2014Quite a good experience. Server was attentive, but not overly so. Food was very well prepared and presented. We'll be back.
- Nonexistent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/6/2014We love OBL! We eat there on special occasions, date night, etc. Tonight was abysmal. Our waitress took 12 minutes to even stop by our table, after we were seated. It took another 15 minutes for her to bring my husbands beer and it didn't get any better. My fish tacos were good, a little heavy on the guacamole, but good. My husband's green chile fettuccine was awful! It was bland and swimming in butter. Overall, it was a bad experience. We will not go back. There are too many choices in HR, Littleton, etc to be disappointed and spend money.