Ola at Turtle Bay
57-091 Kamehameha Hwy
Kahuku, HI 96731Neighborhood:
HawaiianPrice: $30 and under
Ola at Turtle Bay
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.olaislife.com/
- Phone: 8082930801
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Bar: Daily: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian, Hawaiian
- Executive Chef: Fred DeAngelo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Chef Fred DeAngelo, has been catering off property for many years and, has multiple site locations for his off property parties.
- Entertainment: Friday Nights: Live Music
A word from Ola at Turtle Bay
Chef Fred DeAngelo delights guests with his innovative “Contemporary Hawaiian Cuisine” and partners with local farmers to offer the freshest island products in his dishes. Hau’ula Vine-Ripe Tomatoes and North Shore Cattle Company Beef are just a few of the items that are incorporated daily. Fresh fish and other seafood are readily available and offered throughout the menu, along with vegetarian selections to appease all palatesContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Ola at Turtle Bay - Best Restaurants in Kahuku ›
Ola at Turtle Bay reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (74)great for outdoor dining (71)romantic (47)special occasion (42)great for lunch (27)kid-friendly (22)fit for foodies (21)good for groups (17)neighborhood gem (9)great for brunch (7)notable wine list (6)hot spot (4)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Amazingptlytch07Dined on 8/29/2014Went to Ola's on our last night and it was a great way to end our trip. The service was outstanding and the views were gorgeous. The food was unbelievable without the usual foo foo tiny portions. The butter fish was the best fish I've ever eaten. Pricey but to be expected in Hawaii andSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- North shore residentNorthshoredinerDined on 8/24/2014I've never had a good dining experience at Olas. The food is bad & overpriced & the service is the worst. We try again once a year or so & we are always disappointed. It's a great place for the kids to play on the beach while the adults can relax while having lunch or dinner. One time the service was so bad that the manager called us & invited to have a full family dinner with wine for free. We accepted the offer & were very appreciative for the effort they made to satisfy us. That was a couple of years ago & I always hope that Olas will change but it never does. There is very limited dining out here & Olas needs to step it up in order to provide better food & better service for locals & tourist as well.Special Features:
- Great Food, Even Better SettingKailuaKweenDined on 8/23/2014The chef does a nice job of using locally-sourced produce and other ingredients. Service can be slow, but this visit our waitress was on top of it and kept the plantation tea coming. Kalua pork sandwich was a big hit, as was lomi salmon salad and grilled fish (opah) sandwich. Grilled shrimp sandwich came in flatbread, which made it hard to eat as a sandwich. Love the lilikoi vinaigrette house salad dressing. We ate lunch just inside off the sand, with a killer view of Kuilima Cove. Perfect place for a nice lunch when showing visitors around the North Shore. Before you get on the road, use the restroom in the hotel or golf course club house; Ola's bathrooms can be wet, sandy and packed with beach-goers.Special Features:
- this is why you come to Hawaiiolais4lifeDined on 8/22/2014Of all the dining options at turtle bay ola is the most hawaiian. Excellent choices of seafood. Beautiful food presentation .it's so pretty you don't even want to dig in. Your table can be in the sand and under a palm tree and at night for dinner with the torches lit and under stars with the sound of waves your dining experience goes from excellent to exuberant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!surfer808Dined on 8/16/2014I can't say enough good things about Ola at Turtle Bay! We had dinner at Ola's, Saturday evening, to celebrate my wife's birthday -- we like to celebrate all of our special occasions at Ola's because of their outstanding service, absolutely AMAZING food and awesome views (toes in the sand)! This particular evening our server was Chris and his assistant was Judy -- they were incredible! Not only was their service the best we had ever received at Ola's, it was the best service we've ever received at any restaurant we've ever been to! We will definitely continue to celebrate special occasions here (and normal ones). Special thanks to the Chef, Chris and Judy for making my wife's birthday so memorable!Special Features:
- New staffV123VIPDined on 8/16/2014It was odd that we had reservations yet were seated after some of our friends who arrived after us and got better tables. We were seated later near the bar. A bit noisy but it eventually quieted down. My Salmon was great and we enjoyed the evening.
- Great serverDavidVIPDined on 8/14/2014We asked our waiter to take the role of Cupid and he did!!!Special Features:
- Great meal, gorgeous settingLillian1Dined on 8/13/2014A great place for a special occasion on the North Shore of Oahu. Went for my birthday dinner. Staff friendly, waiter was great. Farm salad and hummus appetizers delicious. My ribeye perfectly cooked, husband's short ribs so good he ate every bit. Sat outside on the beach and I remarked it felt like a movie setting. Sure enough I learned Ola's as (well as Turtle Bay Resort) was the setting for "Forgetting Sarah Marshall". Very cool! Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great experienceDavidDined on 8/11/2014Food, service, and location are great. A little bit pricey but worth if for a special occasion!Special Features:
- Friday nightacdcDined on 8/1/2014It took us 2 hours to reach Ola's on a Friday night the food was good but not a large variety, the restaurant is on the beach but we were seated at a table in the middle so our view was obstructed. It will not be worth the drive for us to visit again however if we are on the North Shore we would consider going back. The kabochi bisque and the macadamia torte were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice oceanfront diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014We drove to the resort largely on the recommendation of Fodor's. The scenery was magnificent however the food was okay but not memorable. On arriving, the reception was okay but not as inviting as I would have expected. While the food was okay, it was unoriginal. Great initial welcome by our waiter but less than attentive during our meal. The highlight for our daughters was that the cast of Hunger Games stayed here and that some of the filming took place on the property. The guys at the entrance of the hotel were most gracious and welcoming!Special Features:
- Some glitchesBarryDined on 7/26/2014They did not offer the alternative gluten free or vegan menu which has some great options in it. Also ordered a medium rare burger. Came out wrong and they corrected it. Also the Greek salad lacked feta cheese. Was not really Greek. Greek salad dressing does not make a Greek salad. Food was tasty though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyLilikoiLilikoiDined on 7/26/2014Great view & very good food. We'd specified an accessible table; and when we were caught in traffic and called, the staff assured us that our table would be held. We were very grateful--this alone set up the experience as a memorable one, one we could truly enjoy. The human touch is paramount.Special Features:
- Two Words: SIMPLY AMZAZING!!!MeaAiLoverDined on 7/22/2014I enjoyed a simple dinner with an amazing staff from start to finish (Kalani, Kalei and Andrew). The food was delicious and service truly one of a kind. A MUST TRY!Special Features:
- LillianaLilikoiDined on 7/22/2014Great food and service! Made sure we had good seating and table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharlotteDined on 7/21/2014We didnt expect great food to come out of that kitchen considering that the place looked like a seaside bar/grill but boy, what a pleasant surprise . I ordered the butterfish and i have to say that it was the best fishdish I ever tasted cooked and seasoned perfectly . This place is on my top 3.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- North Shore BeautyNandoVIPDined on 7/19/2014Great dinner on Turtle Bay. Go for the ribeye and lobster....delicious!Special Features:
- Sooo love Ola's at Turtle BayPrincessJoyDined on 7/19/2014Every trip to the north shore of O'ahu includes a trip to Ola's. Their burgers are delicious and the view is spectacular. On my recent visit, I had a server named Kalei who was most knowledgeable regarding the menu and considerate of my needs. I am so looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- Summer menuOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/17/2014Granted we didn't have a full course dinner. I found my risotto to be too far out of reach for a traditional tasting dish. Cherry tomatoes do not belong in the dish. It was suppose to be a mushroom risotto and was a cherry tomatoes and random greens instead?? The risotto was aldente as expected but the fusion aspect was very disconnected.Special Features:
- Very beautiful locationBeautifulviewDined on 7/17/2014I had the miso butterfish which was delicious. Highly recommend though don't expect to watch sun set bc the hotel blocks the sun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TravelbeesDined on 7/12/2014We were so excited for the on-sand dining experience and while the views were spectacular, our food was something you would expect out of Applebee's or the equivalent - the $66 steak and lobster tail main was particularly disappointing - a thin rump steak and powdery overlooked lobster. My advice: if you are lured in by the beauty of dining directly on the beach, keep it simple and don't order anything remotely fancy.Special Features:
- Request a table on the sand...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014We spent 4 nights of our honeymoon at Turtle Bay and decided to try Ola's on our first night. They had a table reserved for us on the sand and we really enjoyed being so close to the water. We had a very helpful waiter who suggested the butterfish which was absolutely delicious. It was a very romantic location and we had great service! We ended up eating their again on our last night as it was our favorite restaurant at Turtle Bay.Special Features:
- Casual setting and diningOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/6/2014This is a good spot for casual beach-front dining. Hamburgers were a big over-cooked, but fish salad was refreshing. Location on the beach was spectacular. Certainly worth a try.Special Features:
- Restaurant Oasis on the BeachOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/5/2014A real gem of a restaurant on the beach. Great food, ambiance & service. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone!Special Features:
- Amazing foodJadeDined on 7/5/2014I really did not expect a restaurant to be this good when it's apart of a hotel, but my expectations were exceeded. My garlic grilled shrimp over pasta and veggies was amazing. I devoted my plate and never eat that much on a romantic date when all dressed up. My husbands meal was perfect. He had the ribeye. He loved it. The view was amazing. The service was very friendly. I know we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romantic restaurantkatokichiDined on 6/30/2014mood and service are really nice. this is my mistake, It was supposed to have seen the setting sunset into the sea. we could not it in June.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paradise in the PacificPGK30Dined on 6/29/2014We celebrated our first dinner on our first trip to Hawaii, for our 30th anniversary, at Ola's. Turtle Bay's resort and grounds are nothing short of paradise and the view from Ola's lets you take it all in while enjoying a delicious relaxing meal. The staff went above and beyond to serve us and were great to talk to. Our first and lasting memory of Hawaii will always be from Ola's at Turtle Bay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and foodHawaiigirlDined on 6/28/2014My husband and I stayed at Turtle Bay to celebrate our anniversary. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Ola on the beach. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. Our waiter Chris was very personable and helpful as my husband has food allergies. We also enjoyed a delicious lunch the next day. Again the service was outstanding. We will be back and recommend Ola to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/19/2014A must to stop and eat for those who are spending time on the North shore. Ask for a table in the sand....you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lifelong Memories!JellycarbsDined on 6/16/2014Chance our host and Kanoe our server were awesome! Food was incredible! The view was outstanding and the people are so full of aloha and treat you like family! We've done lunch here many times but it was our first dinner experience with family from the mainland and looking forward to many more to come! Thank you Kanoe and Chance!Special Features:
- What's Not To LoveGT2tryOlaDined on 6/15/2014Are you yearning for a great dining experience, friendly service, gentle trades and panoramic view of Kuu'ilima Bay? Ola Bistro at Turtle Bay Hotel has all this and more. What can surpass a cold beer/or tropical drink and an awesome lunch served in the shade of palm trees? Perhaps dining with your toes in the sand will cause you to return to this lovely oasis over and over again. We do! We are local residents who recommend this experience to both kama' aina and tourists. We have not tried dining in the evening yet, but it is on our "bucket"listSpecial Features:
- Incredible viewTkells166Dined on 6/10/2014It was so nice to be at a quiet restaurant right on the ocean. The food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a location!!TessDined on 6/8/2014We've dined at "Ola" on several different occasions over the years. The on-the-beach location is Perfect-O!! And, the food and service are great, too. It's a favorite of ours. Great place to take out-of-state visitors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharlesDined on 6/7/2014I have eaten at Ola 7 times and have always had a great meal and the service has always been exceptional. The ambiance is wonderful with beautiful ocean views. It is really one of my favorite spots and we always eat at Ola when we visit Turtle Bay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect PlaceProfessorDined on 6/7/2014We arrived just before sunset. On the beach at Turtle Bay, tables are available inside or out. We chose a table just inside with an open air view of the ocean. Service was first class and friendly. It was very quiet so we could converse easily. The food was delicious. We especially liked the Kalua pig goat cheese nacho appetizer. We shared a bottle of Chardonnay with our dinner. I had the braised beef short ribs and my wife had the pan roasted rosemary chicken. Everything was well prepared and presented. Portions were more than ample. I found Ola's veggies so fresh and flavorful that I was surprised how much I enjoyed them. Perfect place for a romantic 40th anniversary.Special Features:
- quality, cozy and a viewlowkeyVIPDined on 6/6/2014a nice, charming atmosphere - comfortable and unpretentious as well as well situated on the beach. the food is very good without being foofy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatshodan1977Dined on 5/31/2014Dined here with a 2030 time. Was greeted promptly and was taken to my seat immediately. Hostess was very nice. Waiter was one of the finest I've had. He was very personable and knowledgeable of the menu. I watched as he had multiple tables but worked very hard to accommodate all. Scenery was amazing and the restaurant is perfect for anyone looking for a pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful serverOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/27/2014Our wonderful Servier Kaohi, from Hau'ula was very kind and understanding of Mrs. Wong. The perfect lunch with a great view. Mahalo nui-loa to the staff of Ola's.Special Features:
- Worst dining expereince on OahuReedelVIPDined on 5/20/2014Avoid Ola - This restaurant did not feel clean. The tables were sticky. The restrooms were awful. The food was medicore. I had a burger that had no flavor and was over cooked (no option how I wanted it prepared). The server was pleasant but was too busy to give us much attention - they seemed understaffed. She did take my beer off the bill that I did not drink as it was too bitter (my fault in ordering). The Turtle Bay Resort as a whole has detiorated severely from our last visit several years ago - very sad.
- Always lovely.NavywifeDined on 5/17/2014Ola never fails to impress us. Just enjoyed an anniversary dinner with our toes in the sand. They went out of their way to decorate the table with sea glass and our waiter, Brian, treated us like VIP's for the night. Ambience is lovely with the waves lapping onto the shore, the sun setting. Food as always was spectacular. Thank you for a wonderful anniversary dinner.Special Features: