OLA at Sanctuary
1745 James Ave
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
Latin AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
OLA at Sanctuary
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.olamiami.com/
- Phone: (305) 695-9125
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6pm-10pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Spanish
- Executive Chef: Carlos Castro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Contact Layla Seda for Details
- Private Party Contact: Laylah Seda 3059154323
A word from OLA at Sanctuary
Welcome to OLA at the Sanctuary Hotel.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
OLA at Sanctuary - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
OLA at Sanctuary reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (94)special occasion (59)romantic (49)neighborhood gem (47)notable wine list (29)hot spot (28)great for outdoor dining (24)good for groups (19)late-night find (8)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Did Not Meet ExpectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/24/2014We ordered a chicken and a salmon dish. The chicken was tough, which in my opinion, is unforgivable and the only reason for the poor rating. We have had better chicken from the supermarket rotisserie. We passed on the comment to one of our servers but did not escalate beyond that. The salmon was fine in terms of quality but was cooked with a sugar ( we knew on ordering ) that simply wasn't to our taste.
- Once moreCelsoDined on 11/20/2014In my second dinner, again only good things to tell. Starting with ceviches, two different ones, passing for a pork in the oven and a very good wine picked up from a list that contains mostly titles from south america, with a very good range of prices. The sommelier is great in helping you. The service , great , includes a symphatic and competent waitress. the ambience is cool and through the window you see the sufficient amount of green sightmthat confots your sight and spirit. I'll return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!hpeteDined on 11/16/2014Love to visit Ola when we are in town! Amazing food and service! Can't wait to go back! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Latin at its best in South BeachNYCtravVIPDined on 11/16/2014Outstanding ceviche along with other notable Latin dishes all served in a sophisiticated room with upscale clientele. Service was helpful and courteous without being intrusive. Highly recommended! We'll be back the next time in South Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern foodcombo's with an excellent twistFoodyliciousDined on 11/13/2014The chef knows how to make his food taste even better by making interesting combinations that bring out the flavors of the food. Really enjoyed every bite of every dish! I definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone who loves fine food!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ceviches and so much moredms11VIPDined on 11/12/2014Ola is a real find in South Beach. We had a wonderful dinner here, beginning with one of their many tasty ceviches--Fire and Ice. The lobster empanada starter was equally tasty, as were the two main courses we had--Roast Cuban pork (their most popular dish) and Sugar Cane tuna, served on ice cream-type sticks. This place was a treat in every respect. I spilled a glass of wine all over my food and myself and the staff swooped in to clean up everything, replaced my chair (which the wine had also hit) and brought me a new glass of wine and main course in minutes. Somehow or other, the spilled wine actually enhanced my experience rather than ruining it, as it easily could have. I would go back here in a second and hope to do so soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodSteve09Dined on 11/6/2014Fantastic food and really good atmosphere.Service was also excellent, well done Hector! Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuzanneDined on 11/6/2014The food is fabulous!! Additionally, we had a special martini. (Watermelon, cucumber, jalapeño) that was very good. The meatballs with fois gras and Kobe beef are yummy as are the rock shrimp. If you are looking for a food adventure, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Class qualityMahimahi1001Dined on 11/3/2014I definitely recommand this restaurant! Exzellent service with perfect wine suggestions hy out waitress (Rachel thanks for the wonderful service), the Fish ceviches are a must! Try the fish entree!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/2/2014ordered a variety of appetizers, and each one was better than the next! Wahoo Ceviche, Smoked Marlin tacos, short rib empanadas, King crab salad, all were simply wonderful!!! and the Peruvian Bread!!! I wish I could have purchased a bag of those gems! would highly recommend a dining experience here. Wait service was attentive and brought courses out in a moderate fashion. Never felt rushed, and could appreciate each course. Go if you are in SoBeSpecial Features:
- Best of Continental meets S AmericaOTREVIEWERVIPDined on 11/1/2014Continental meets South America. Excellent service, menu, presentation and venue make Olah the place to be in SoBE. Off the tourist track and tucked away in boutique hotel you have “glam” without hype. Check it out. You wont be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blown awayOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/1/2014I am 43 and live 1100 miles away (Austin, Texas). I have been to Ola once. It is my favorite restaurant on the planet.Special Features:
- A great oneJackDined on 10/31/2014Presentation was wonderful only to be outdone by taste and service Have traveed all aver the world this was a memorable meal. One of the great onesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/25/2014It is one of my favorite spots in SOBE. The lobster empanadas are out of this worldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love love itOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014Best meal of the trip. They really do it up right. Beautiful presentationl and delicious to eatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific foodGmanDined on 10/25/2014We were in town for the weekend and came here on the recommendation of a friend, and had a terrific meal. Everything was fresh, nicely presented and great tastes. The marlin tacos (5) were small but full of meat and had a sweet, tangy taste. My only complaint is that we were seated outside on the front patio and it was a bit tight for the servers to get past our table. Also, they congregated behind us as they discussed all of the tables and who needed what, which was distracting. Overall, highly recommend the food and a nice quiet patio. Valet parking across the street for $20.00.Special Features:
- Great foodGHArlingtonVAVIPDined on 10/23/2014I truly enjoyed the beverage list, ceviche and Tuna.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Nuevo Latino CuisineNanaT77Dined on 10/22/2014While I've been to Miami a number of times on business, I'm often recommended places like Larios for good local cuisine. My friend and I were looking for something different and Ola did not disappoint. We had a beautifully, flavorful yellowtail ceviche, a trumpet mushroom ceviche which was refreshing and original, a tender, almost banana-y salmon dish on a bed of red quinoa, and a fresh twist on a caribbean favorite: pionono, which they describe as a sweet plantain roulade stuffed with green and yellow zucchini, spinach, piquillo peppers, parmesan cheese with homemade tomato and black beans. It was the best meal I've ever had in Miami. Their staff were attentive- even the bread rolls were so tasty we asked for more. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Exquisite Fantabulous FlavorsLuv2luvolaDined on 10/20/2014Ola is THE only restaurant in SOBE that I recommend & know that from family to top VIP's they will be more than surprised & satisfied. Albert, Jackson & the entire Ola staff have not forgotten how true customer service works. The food selection & flavors are unique and amazing. If you haven't been you should most definitely GO!Special Features:
- SOBE fantasticOTREVIEWERVIPDined on 10/17/2014A real gem for the those looking for an interesting selection of fish prepared with South American inspiration (meat and a chicken also available). An outstanding menu, venue and service. And service is more than delivery; it is professional service at a level where the server is also a partner in your selections of food and accompaniments; ask for Rachel. She is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- annerDined on 10/17/2014Tried the fire & ice cevechi and it was amazing. The meatballs, oysters and shrimp were all great. We shared several small plates and it was plenty for three of us. Prices are high. Wolfgang was a wonderful server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014amazing food - such creative ways with food - service was very good and attentive - one of the best meals I have tasted.Special Features:
- FantasticMunchieDined on 10/15/2014Not obvious from the outside but welcoming and warm once you step in. Service and good was top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in South BeachDontGetOutMuchAnymoreDined on 10/14/2014My husband and I were looking for seafood and Latin cuisine and happily found both at Ola. The food was delicious. Our waiter was charmingly candid and his recommendations were on target with respect to both food and drink. We enjoyed a lovely evening in a nice atmosphere. My only wish would have been to slightly slow the pacing of the meal, but this is not an uncommon feeling for us when dining outside of our native NY. Even so, we would return to Ola in a heartbeat. Go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodAllieDined on 10/12/2014Excellent food and friendly but non-intrusive staff. Very good recommendations on food and wine from the server. Only problem was the lobster empanada had a burned flavor that visually was disguised by the octopus ink. The item was re-made and was perfect. Long wait times for main course, but the kitchen may have been thrown off by re-doing the empanada. Cuban Pork was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FishOhLalaDined on 10/12/2014The Ceviche and the fish plates were simply delicious, we loved everything we ordered.Special Features:
- Delivers on a great reputationpickyeaterDined on 10/11/2014Lived up to the online hype, a must visit for those seeking a Latin food experience in Miami beach. The staff were attentive, their recommendations superb. Yes Cuban is not Mexican. Ola allows you to exolore the differences. Outstanding dishes, no duds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awsomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014I really enjoyed the food and the service that was provided...excellent!!!Special Features:
- Amazing Latin foodMonkeySixxDined on 10/7/2014Smoked Marlin tacos and squid ink empanadas.... To die for! The food, service, and ambience are all stellar at Ola. The menu is unique, and the food is just delicious. Highly recommended if in the South Beach area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingNYCfoodieDined on 10/3/2014Highly suggest coming here. My husband and I started with the fire and ice ceviche and the lobster empanada. Both delicious. For our main entres we got the tuna and duck. Everything was great, although I think we could've gotten away with one main dish since the portions were large!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expensive night outfoodloverVIPDined on 9/30/2014The ceviche was delicious, as was the fish, but most dishes are very unusual, a fusion of Latin America, like chocolate on lamb chops dipped in cream sauce, duck served with sweet beans and rice. The rolls are delicious (high in calories), made with butter, cheese and sugar inside. Quite expensive desserts: $12, although the presentation is beautiful! Service is excellent! If you want to try something very different, on a special occasion, this is the place. However, public parking opposite the restaurant at $15 is a rip-off!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, ok atmospherePhillyeatsVIPDined on 9/29/2014we tried Ola on a recent trip to miami after reading rave reviews. We thought the service and food was very good- especially loved the meatballs. we were a little disappointed with the ambience. we were hoping for a trendier restaurant. We were there on a monday night and it was pretty quiet in there (aside from a fussy toddler). I think if you are an out of towner looking for more of a scene you may be disappointed with the atmosphere, but on the other hand if you are in miami and have been eating at trendy restaurants all week this might be a nice change of pace.Special Features:
- Best in MiamiOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/27/2014The ONLY "fit for foodies" restaurant in South Beach. A must-go if in South Beach!Special Features:
- DeliciousTomnallisonDined on 9/27/2014Fantastic ceviche menu, salmons and pork dishes were memorable - quintessential Miami. Service exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FoodfoodloverVIPDined on 9/27/2014Ola isn't the trendiest restaurant in Miami Beach, but it serves excellent Latin American food. Highlights to the menu are the lobster empanadas (no the crust isn't burnt, it is made with squid ink dough which gives it the black color), the meatballs, the ceviches, and the braised pork. The decor of the restaurant is slightly retro/rat pack, and the noise level is high, but this is the best food I have had in Miami Beach in a long time.Special Features:
- Fantastic experiencepartyphilDined on 9/26/2014Outstanding food & wine, everything we tried was delicious. Would recommend to anybody looking for great dining in Miami Beach.Special Features:
- A Miami favoriteTiffanyDined on 9/25/2014This is our go-to restaurant when we visit Miami. The creative and delicious food is only surpassed by the excellent service.Special Features:
- Nothing short of amazingemmayerDined on 9/19/2014Spectacular! Loved the lobster empanada, as others suggested. Had the Branzino on pork, amazing pair. A+ service and we loved everything about the meal. One of the best we had in Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Insulting waiter/bad food ruined itSFfoodieVIPDined on 9/19/2014We are willing to pay a high price for food, but the experience better be good and this was horrible. The server decided to pick on me, out of our table of 3, for special insult. When I ate a piece off the mountain of ceviche without also dipping into the granita in the Fire and Ice dish he was highly critical, but I didn't want the mountain to land in my lap. He failed to provide a chainsaw with which to cut the empanadas and never asked why they went largely untouched. He felt compelled to "instruct" me how to eat a deconstructed dessert as he placed it before me. I wanted to say, "Look here, bub, I was a foodie before YOU were born!" I thank fellow reviewers who warned of the 18% included tip so that we didn't overtip. We won't return.
- great place to eatRebengaDined on 9/18/2014I recently took a week long vacation, this was by far the best place I ate at during my trip.Special Features: