OLA at Sanctuary
1745 James Ave
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
Latin AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
OLA at Sanctuary
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.olamiami.com/
- Phone: 3056959125
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6pm-10pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Spanish
- Executive Chef: Carlos Castro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Contact Layla Seda for Details
- Private Party Contact: Laylah Seda 3059154323
A word from OLA at Sanctuary
Welcome to OLA at the Sanctuary Hotel.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
OLA at Sanctuary - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
OLA at Sanctuary reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (78)special occasion (52)romantic (42)neighborhood gem (37)hot spot (23)notable wine list (20)good for groups (13)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (8)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- SOBE fantasticOTREVIEWERVIPDined on 10/17/2014A real gem for the those looking for an interesting selection of fish prepared with South American inspiration (meat and a chicken also available). An outstanding menu, venue and service. And service is more than delivery; it is professional service at a level where the server is also a partner in your selections of food and accompaniments; ask for Rachel. She is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Not obvious from the outside but welcoming and warm once you step in. Service and good was top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in South BeachDontGetOutMuchAnymoreDined on 10/14/2014My husband and I were looking for seafood and Latin cuisine and happily found both at Ola. The food was delicious. Our waiter was charmingly candid and his recommendations were on target with respect to both food and drink. We enjoyed a lovely evening in a nice atmosphere. My only wish would have been to slightly slow the pacing of the meal, but this is not an uncommon feeling for us when dining outside of our native NY. Even so, we would return to Ola in a heartbeat. Go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodAllieDined on 10/12/2014Excellent food and friendly but non-intrusive staff. Very good recommendations on food and wine from the server. Only problem was the lobster empanada had a burned flavor that visually was disguised by the octopus ink. The item was re-made and was perfect. Long wait times for main course, but the kitchen may have been thrown off by re-doing the empanada. Cuban Pork was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FishOhLalaDined on 10/12/2014The Ceviche and the fish plates were simply delicious, we loved everything we ordered.Special Features:
- Delivers on a great reputationpickyeaterDined on 10/11/2014Lived up to the online hype, a must visit for those seeking a Latin food experience in Miami beach. The staff were attentive, their recommendations superb. Yes Cuban is not Mexican. Ola allows you to exolore the differences. Outstanding dishes, no duds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awsomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014I really enjoyed the food and the service that was provided...excellent!!!Special Features:
- Amazing Latin foodMonkeySixxDined on 10/7/2014Smoked Marlin tacos and squid ink empanadas.... To die for! The food, service, and ambience are all stellar at Ola. The menu is unique, and the food is just delicious. Highly recommended if in the South Beach area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingNYCfoodieDined on 10/3/2014Highly suggest coming here. My husband and I started with the fire and ice ceviche and the lobster empanada. Both delicious. For our main entres we got the tuna and duck. Everything was great, although I think we could've gotten away with one main dish since the portions were large!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expensive night outfoodloverVIPDined on 9/30/2014The ceviche was delicious, as was the fish, but most dishes are very unusual, a fusion of Latin America, like chocolate on lamb chops dipped in cream sauce, duck served with sweet beans and rice. The rolls are delicious (high in calories), made with butter, cheese and sugar inside. Quite expensive desserts: $12, although the presentation is beautiful! Service is excellent! If you want to try something very different, on a special occasion, this is the place. However, public parking opposite the restaurant at $15 is a rip-off!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, ok atmospherePhillyeatsVIPDined on 9/29/2014we tried Ola on a recent trip to miami after reading rave reviews. We thought the service and food was very good- especially loved the meatballs. we were a little disappointed with the ambience. we were hoping for a trendier restaurant. We were there on a monday night and it was pretty quiet in there (aside from a fussy toddler). I think if you are an out of towner looking for more of a scene you may be disappointed with the atmosphere, but on the other hand if you are in miami and have been eating at trendy restaurants all week this might be a nice change of pace.Special Features:
- Best in MiamiOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/27/2014The ONLY "fit for foodies" restaurant in South Beach. A must-go if in South Beach!Special Features:
- DeliciousTomnallisonDined on 9/27/2014Fantastic ceviche menu, salmons and pork dishes were memorable - quintessential Miami. Service exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FoodfoodloverVIPDined on 9/27/2014Ola isn't the trendiest restaurant in Miami Beach, but it serves excellent Latin American food. Highlights to the menu are the lobster empanadas (no the crust isn't burnt, it is made with squid ink dough which gives it the black color), the meatballs, the ceviches, and the braised pork. The decor of the restaurant is slightly retro/rat pack, and the noise level is high, but this is the best food I have had in Miami Beach in a long time.Special Features:
- Fantastic experiencepartyphilDined on 9/26/2014Outstanding food & wine, everything we tried was delicious. Would recommend to anybody looking for great dining in Miami Beach.Special Features:
- A Miami favoriteTiffanyDined on 9/25/2014This is our go-to restaurant when we visit Miami. The creative and delicious food is only surpassed by the excellent service.Special Features:
- Nothing short of amazingemmayerDined on 9/19/2014Spectacular! Loved the lobster empanada, as others suggested. Had the Branzino on pork, amazing pair. A+ service and we loved everything about the meal. One of the best we had in Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Insulting waiter/bad food ruined itSFfoodieVIPDined on 9/19/2014We are willing to pay a high price for food, but the experience better be good and this was horrible. The server decided to pick on me, out of our table of 3, for special insult. When I ate a piece off the mountain of ceviche without also dipping into the granita in the Fire and Ice dish he was highly critical, but I didn't want the mountain to land in my lap. He failed to provide a chainsaw with which to cut the empanadas and never asked why they went largely untouched. He felt compelled to "instruct" me how to eat a deconstructed dessert as he placed it before me. I wanted to say, "Look here, bub, I was a foodie before YOU were born!" I thank fellow reviewers who warned of the 18% included tip so that we didn't overtip. We won't return.
- great place to eatRebengaDined on 9/18/2014I recently took a week long vacation, this was by far the best place I ate at during my trip.Special Features:
- Worth the money by far.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014The rack of lamb was probably the best meal I've ever had. All 5 people in our party agreed. All of the other food was delicious as well. Drinks were great as well. Came out to $125 pp with tip (we all had one cocktail, an app, entree and 3 had coffee) and it was worth every penny. Would love to go if I return to South Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatAlphaGammaDined on 8/31/2014The atmosphere was great, the service was fantastic, and the food was phenomenal. We couldn't stop eating the bread rolls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OLAOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014After looking at a number of great restaurants in Miami / Miami Beach , we decided on OLA. Excellent restaurant, great Latin food & wine and the service was exceptional. Hector our server and the supporting team were great. Tucked away on a quiet neighborhood street in Miami Beach. Cool location.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and serviceChoosydinerDined on 8/30/2014I did quite a bit of research into Miami Beach restaurants prior to our trip, and I'm so pleased OLA turned out to be fantastic. The flavor and presentation were exquisite, and the service was perfect--helpful but unobtrusive. This restaurant is a few blocks off of Ocean Avenue, tucked into a hotel called The Sanctuary. It's truly a respite from the beach scene. We hope to stay there on a future trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MartyDined on 8/25/2014Service friendly,very knowledgable and attentive.Food was inventive,beautifully presented,delicious.Music was too loud.A little pricey.Special Features:
- South Beach dining delightjoeittheATLVIPDined on 8/22/2014Our waiter Jackson did a wonderful job explaining the menu and making execellent suggestions. Amazing variety of Latin America cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our absolute favorite in Miami!DiningshouldbespecialDined on 8/21/2014OLA is our absolute favorite restaurant in Miami. Everything was perfection. Our oyster appetizer was fantastic. It was a wonderful fusion of Latin food and all things delicious. DO NOT forgo the Chocolate Bomb dessert. Light and heavenly with a delicious Cabernet! A French, Palm Beach Chef recommended OLA and he KNOWS what he is talking about. So glad I listened!Special Features:
- DissapointedmiachuckVIPDined on 8/21/2014Lobster empanadas crust was over cooked. Burnt flavor. Lobster filling was great. Foie gras empanadas crust was very flavorful but way too much crust for the little foie gras. First glass of champagne had to send back as flat and no bubbles. Bottle had been open too long.
- food done rightEmkayayDined on 8/20/2014Ola's food was delicious and visually pleasing. The service was very good, the staff was friendly and gave us great recommendations based on our restrictions. We will be going back without a doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassDined on 8/19/2014This was my first time trying authentic Spanish food and it was beyond delicious!! Every bite we tried was amazing and I am a very picky eater, but I ate every last bite! Great atmosphere and even better service!Special Features:
- beyond fantasticnotareviewerDined on 8/18/2014I never do these reviews, but OLA is fantastic. Beyond fantastic. I have been there a few times and it is always THE BEST. Fantastic food (delicious and unique), great service, and lovely memories. I have recommended it to everyone; starting with the cab driver who took us home. Go to OLA once -- it will not be your last time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden jewelFloridianDined on 8/18/2014Not to be missed! Decor, food, wait staff- - all excellent. Will definitely go back!!Special Features:
- Tucked away South Beach Gem,EricManVSFoodDined on 8/14/2014Our server was the second best part of the the dining expearience, she was knowledgable when it came to the food and drinks offered on the menu and very attentive throughout the course of our meal. Now for the best part....The food! This ranks up there with some of the best I've ever eaten. They start by serving you small diner roles which dont look like anything special but...are amazing, best diner roles Ive ever had. We then ordered the meatballs for our appetizer which our server suggested. They melt in your mouth with a creamy somthing sauce and thinly sliced pepers on top. I ordered the pork dinner and my girlfriend the porkchop dinner both of which were excellent! Our daughter had potato's and rice which was really good even!Special Features:
- Great spotBillykinsVIPDined on 8/10/2014Amazing food, rather pricey. The decor was okay, but the food and service were truly outstanding. The lobster ceviche blew my mind.Special Features:
- Extremely well prepared.ThadVIPDined on 8/10/2014I am not sure how anyone could be disappointed at Ola. Everything from the hostess, to the service, to the food was top notch. The restaurant itself has a quiet well done sort of feel. Give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014We read great reviews about Ola and decided to give it a try to celebrate 3 birthdays while in Miami. Service was great - food was amazing. Definitely try the fire and ice ceviche!!! But everything tasted amazing. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed Resultscookingfool14Dined on 8/9/2014The Hamachi Ceviche is a killer and the Mixte Ceviche was good. The Rock Shrimp appetizer is a large portion and could be shared. It was ok but we wouldn't order it again. The filet with crab dressing and chimichurri was excellent. Excellent service. Our waiter explained what was in each of the dishes as we asked. I would definitely go back. It's great for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Been there many times since their opening...excellent food...intimate settingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWdceatsVIPDined on 8/3/2014This was recommended by a friend in the travel business. She said all her "foodie" friends go there. We LOVED it. The ambiance is just right and the service is so Latin and Friendly. The food...WOW. If I lived closer and the prices weren't so steep, I'd eat there every week. We will definitely be back with friends.Special Features:
- Being Honest/Tipping ProcedureOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014While the food was very good the restaurant needs to be honest when charging an 18 percent tip upfront and then accepting a 20 percent tip above the 18 percent. The way we discovered this was by reading reviews after our visit. We now have to call the restaurant back on Monday in regard to the extra 20 percent tip. Live here in South Florida and more than likely will not return due to this situation.
- Amazing Top Restaurant AnywhereAdamDDined on 7/24/2014We eat in fine dining restaurants frequently and live in the NY Metro Area. OLA stands among any of them. The Lobster Ceviche was amazing, The cuban braised pork was delicate and sumptuous and the special Mediterranean fish (dont recall the name) was fabulous. The herbs and flavors were delicate and bright - just enough. The service was great - spot on and friendly but not in your face. My only reservation was the deconstructed Key Lime pie. The Key lime could have been lighter (but then again, I am not a key lime fan and not sure why I really ordered it). All in all, fabulous! I will be back.Special Features: