OLA at Sanctuary
1745 James Ave
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
Latin AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
OLA at Sanctuary
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.olamiami.com/
- Phone: 3056959125
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6pm-10pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Spanish
- Executive Chef: Carlos Castro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Contact Layla Seda for Details
- Private Party Contact: Laylah Seda 3059154323
A word from OLA at Sanctuary
Welcome to OLA at the Sanctuary Hotel.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
OLA at Sanctuary - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
OLA at Sanctuary reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (89)special occasion (58)romantic (57)neighborhood gem (43)hot spot (27)great for outdoor dining (20)notable wine list (20)good for groups (15)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/25/2014Service friendly,very knowledgable and attentive.Food was inventive,beautifully presented,delicious.Music was too loud.A little pricey.Special Features:
- South Beach dining delightjoeittheATLVIPDined on 8/22/2014Our waiter Jackson did a wonderful job explaining the menu and making execellent suggestions. Amazing variety of Latin America cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our absolute favorite in Miami!DiningshouldbespecialDined on 8/21/2014OLA is our absolute favorite restaurant in Miami. Everything was perfection. Our oyster appetizer was fantastic. It was a wonderful fusion of Latin food and all things delicious. DO NOT forgo the Chocolate Bomb dessert. Light and heavenly with a delicious Cabernet! A French, Palm Beach Chef recommended OLA and he KNOWS what he is talking about. So glad I listened!Special Features:
- DissapointedmiachuckVIPDined on 8/21/2014Lobster empanadas crust was over cooked. Burnt flavor. Lobster filling was great. Foie gras empanadas crust was very flavorful but way too much crust for the little foie gras. First glass of champagne had to send back as flat and no bubbles. Bottle had been open too long.
- food done rightEmkayayDined on 8/20/2014Ola's food was delicious and visually pleasing. The service was very good, the staff was friendly and gave us great recommendations based on our restrictions. We will be going back without a doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassDined on 8/19/2014This was my first time trying authentic Spanish food and it was beyond delicious!! Every bite we tried was amazing and I am a very picky eater, but I ate every last bite! Great atmosphere and even better service!Special Features:
- beyond fantasticnotareviewerDined on 8/18/2014I never do these reviews, but OLA is fantastic. Beyond fantastic. I have been there a few times and it is always THE BEST. Fantastic food (delicious and unique), great service, and lovely memories. I have recommended it to everyone; starting with the cab driver who took us home. Go to OLA once -- it will not be your last time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden jewelFloridianDined on 8/18/2014Not to be missed! Decor, food, wait staff- - all excellent. Will definitely go back!!Special Features:
- Tucked away South Beach Gem,EricManVSFoodDined on 8/14/2014Our server was the second best part of the the dining expearience, she was knowledgable when it came to the food and drinks offered on the menu and very attentive throughout the course of our meal. Now for the best part....The food! This ranks up there with some of the best I've ever eaten. They start by serving you small diner roles which dont look like anything special but...are amazing, best diner roles Ive ever had. We then ordered the meatballs for our appetizer which our server suggested. They melt in your mouth with a creamy somthing sauce and thinly sliced pepers on top. I ordered the pork dinner and my girlfriend the porkchop dinner both of which were excellent! Our daughter had potato's and rice which was really good even!Special Features:
- Great spotBillykinsDined on 8/10/2014Amazing food, rather pricey. The decor was okay, but the food and service were truly outstanding. The lobster ceviche blew my mind.Special Features:
- Extremely well prepared.ThadVIPDined on 8/10/2014I am not sure how anyone could be disappointed at Ola. Everything from the hostess, to the service, to the food was top notch. The restaurant itself has a quiet well done sort of feel. Give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014We read great reviews about Ola and decided to give it a try to celebrate 3 birthdays while in Miami. Service was great - food was amazing. Definitely try the fire and ice ceviche!!! But everything tasted amazing. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed Resultscookingfool14Dined on 8/9/2014The Hamachi Ceviche is a killer and the Mixte Ceviche was good. The Rock Shrimp appetizer is a large portion and could be shared. It was ok but we wouldn't order it again. The filet with crab dressing and chimichurri was excellent. Excellent service. Our waiter explained what was in each of the dishes as we asked. I would definitely go back. It's great for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Been there many times since their opening...excellent food...intimate settingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWdceatsVIPDined on 8/3/2014This was recommended by a friend in the travel business. She said all her "foodie" friends go there. We LOVED it. The ambiance is just right and the service is so Latin and Friendly. The food...WOW. If I lived closer and the prices weren't so steep, I'd eat there every week. We will definitely be back with friends.Special Features:
- Being Honest/Tipping ProcedureOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014While the food was very good the restaurant needs to be honest when charging an 18 percent tip upfront and then accepting a 20 percent tip above the 18 percent. The way we discovered this was by reading reviews after our visit. We now have to call the restaurant back on Monday in regard to the extra 20 percent tip. Live here in South Florida and more than likely will not return due to this situation.
- Amazing Top Restaurant AnywhereAdamDDined on 7/24/2014We eat in fine dining restaurants frequently and live in the NY Metro Area. OLA stands among any of them. The Lobster Ceviche was amazing, The cuban braised pork was delicate and sumptuous and the special Mediterranean fish (dont recall the name) was fabulous. The herbs and flavors were delicate and bright - just enough. The service was great - spot on and friendly but not in your face. My only reservation was the deconstructed Key Lime pie. The Key lime could have been lighter (but then again, I am not a key lime fan and not sure why I really ordered it). All in all, fabulous! I will be back.Special Features:
- Amazing experienceMikeGVIPDined on 7/23/2014I went to OLA because I had seen that it got great reviews. It is kind of tucked away on James street in the Sanctuary hotel. We had one of the best dining experiences we've ever had here. We started with the Hamachi and then had the marlin tacos and Kobe beef meatballs. All were outstanding. We finished with the fish of the day "a la macho". Every fish was amazing. The service was great. Would recommend to anyone that lives in or is visiting Miami that is looking for great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasureDined on 7/21/2014it was not our first visit. we like it again! and we will come again...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Meal - Great FlavorsTonysTasteDined on 7/20/2014We tried Ola because of the great reviews and we were glad we did! Located on a quiet street it is easy to walk past this place and not notice it. The feel was energetic and the food had wonderful flavors. The "Fire and Ice" ceviche was perfect, the corn empanadas had a great blend of flavors and the Pork Milanesa was the best pork dish I have ever eaten... and possibly one of my top ten meals ever!! Our waiter name was Hector and he provided excellent suggestions on food and wine pairing and just the right amount of contact. We really enjoyed our meal...Special Features:
- Da Birthday BombSMVJaxDined on 7/18/2014My husband and I were in Doral for a convention and since it was my birthday, I made reservations at OLA based on reviews on OpenTable and Yelp. I am GF (not by choice!), and the waitress offered great info about menu items, including the bread they serve (they call it Colombian cheese bread but its real name is pandebono-super yummy!) My husband got a huge piece of red snapper (boneless) and I got the pork with yucca mash. Oh my goodness! And we ordered Da Bomb to share for dessert and they wrote Happy Birthday on the plate! We were probably the oldest folks in the place (we're in our 50s) - apparently it's the go-to for 20-30 somethings. Parking was difficult on a Friday night-the synagogue is around the corner but we found a spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesgoodfoodmakesmehappyDined on 7/18/2014We love the food here. The lobster ceviche is incredible. The service is outstanding. Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Great food and service ,11ddVIPDined on 7/10/2014We been coming here for the last 10 years since we come to Miami . Great service and good food ( used to be unbelievable ) the appetizer and special lobster cevice , oahaaa. Great cocktails and nice atmosphere . We will come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Culinary PerfectionskindocDined on 7/4/2014A must go. The food was absolutely perfect. Every dish. Every presentation. The waitress knew every ingredient in every dish. A great find. A great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exciting pallete of tastesChelsealady11Dined on 6/27/2014Very innovative cuisine beautifully served by knowledgeable wait staff. Would definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/26/2014The food was very good with a great twist to it. Service was attentive. We went on a Thursday night and it was busy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/25/2014A wonderful meal...creative and very tasty menu. Our group shared 5 starters and all were amazing....mains were just as good with everyone sharing with others so we could all taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most delicious Restaurant!!!KatzVIPDined on 6/25/2014We have been to other excellent restaurants but this is the absolute best! Their food is paradise in your mouth! The service is extraordinary and this has become my favorite Restaurant in the world!!!!Special Features:
- AMAZING!msbeachbubbleDined on 6/25/2014Found this place on a whim with Open Table and we were NOT disappointed. Parking is across the street - $10 for 2 hours - but it was totally worth it. Rachel, our server, was so knowledgable and helped us navigated the menu. She suggested some amazing selections. The ceviche was wonderful, meatballs were to die for, Cuban pork was delicious, and we finished with a chocolate cigar and the flan (YUM YUM YUM!). I would definitely come back here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousRoetodineDined on 6/22/2014We had planned on going here only once during this short getaway but couldn't help ourselves. We ended up eatting here twice. We had the same waitress who remembered my drink from the night before and helped us order again. Always the best choices. Can't wait to Come back next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!PDMATLDined on 6/21/2014The menu was loaded with great choices. The cocktails were great and the service was outstanding. The seafood was fantastic, including the cerviche. The desserts were the best I have had anywhere. I highly recommend this to anyone in or traveling to South Beach. One of the top spots in the country today.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oooh La OLA!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/21/2014The Lovely Mrs. and I went to OLA for our 3rd anniversary dinner and it was everything the other reviewers have posted and more. A delightfully eclectic menu with Pan-Latin offerings that are sure to please any pallet. If you are visiting South Beach then OLA at the Sanctuary is a gem of a find that will not disappoint.Special Features:
- Exceptional OlaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Our waiter was friendly and knowledgeable and the food was rich and delightful. Adding to our positive experience, they accommodated us arriving late to a reservation and came out to confirm an additional tip that we left for our waitress because we didn't know the tip had already been included. Very honest staff and creative menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodAjm5215Dined on 6/20/2014Awesome food, service, and ambiance. Had the mixed ceviche for an appetizer, sugar tuna and red snapper for main courses and deconstructed key lime pie for dessert. All cooked to perfection an very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most wonderful taste sensation!ExceptionalDined on 6/20/2014I had to savor every bite as the taste sensation was exceptional. The service was outstanding as well! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodgasmicMiamifoodieDined on 6/16/2014The best food I've ever had in miami. Truly phenomenal experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable eveningheart2heartbabyDined on 6/14/2014It was my wifes birthday,the service was impecable and added a surprise dessert with a birthday candle,very thoughtful.Food was delicious and the right amount.I will return,(pricey, but well worth it). for special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodles delight!MoimoiDined on 6/14/2014Fantastic Latin fusion creativity! Food and service was A+. Can't wait to go back and try some of the other items on the menu.Special Features:
- Superb!!MitchpaVIPDined on 6/14/2014Amazing food….inspired latin fusion by D. Rodriguez. Better than ever. Attentive and knowledgable service. can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- Great foodcrdlondonDined on 6/8/2014We started with the ceviches, both were excellent, particularly my hamachi nikkei. For entrees we had the corvina and the tuna. My tuna was very interesting, served with an unusual goats cheese 'fondue'. It was delicious and beautifully cooked. Good wine list, with some unusual selections. The food and wine were all excellent, and the service attentive, but thought the restaurant lacked atmosphere. It was quiet on the night we visited, so maybe it was that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.