OKKO Hilton Head
95 Matthews Dr.
Hilton Head, SC 29928Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
OKKO Hilton Head
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.okkohhi.com/
- Phone: 8433413377x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 11:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 12:00am, Sunday: 11:30am - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Hibachi, Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from OKKO Hilton Head
OKKO Hilton Head specializes in contemporary Japanese and Thai cuisine. The atmosphere is sleek and upscale. We offer the best authentic Asian cuisine on Hilton Head. We offer a wide array of choices from sushi and sashimi to Thai curry and Pad Thai. Or watch our hibachi chef prepare your meal to order from a selection of fresh meats, seafood, and vegetables. We look forward to serving you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
OKKO Hilton Head - Best Restaurants in Hilton Head ›
OKKO Hilton Head reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (30)special occasion (30)fit for foodies (30)neighborhood gem (29)vibrant bar scene (20)kid-friendly (19)romantic (18)notable wine list (11)hot spot (9)great for lunch (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Okay ExperiencegoodeatsDined on 9/21/2014The positives: Courteous, prompt service. Food was fresh. Decent portion. Negative: Where we were seated was very dark so difficult to see menu and food. We selected cooked Thai and Chinese dinners from menu. Both were very salty. I had spicy basil. I have had this dish quite often at various Thai restaurants. The sauce seemed to be more like a brown sauce on Chinese dishes than what I typically experience in Thai restaurants. This was our first time at restaurant. Would give it another try.
- Nice atmospheremickymotoDined on 9/20/2014We enjoy this restaurant for later dining since they are opened later than most in Hilton Head. Menu is large and well priced including sushi and thai items. The spare rib appetizer was delicious - we shared the 9 piece. Our appetizer didn't arrive after waiting with cocktails for a half hour. We appreciated our waiter taking it off the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was OK.lindapDined on 9/7/2014Very nice interior but food and service were only "OK". I had a skinny girl margarita which was great.
- Great PotentialOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/31/2014Extensive menu, perhaps too much so. But food preparation was first rate, with good fresh ingredients and interesting dishes. However, the service was mediocre (for example, appetizer plates removed with utensils, but utensils not replaced; dinner wine poured in same glass as aperitif wine glass - but it was a different wine; long delay between serving courses). Restaurant appeared to be understaffed by at least 3 servers. Had a better visit first time, and will try again.Special Features:
- FUNYonce830Dined on 8/29/2014Came here for a friend's birthday dinner. Had a BALL! The chef was great and very funny. He came in singing and ringing a little bell on his food cart. We had a FAbolous time. Would definitely recommend and I will make this a definite stop on my next trip.Special Features:
- Where is the A/CAsmsDined on 8/23/2014Food was excellent. Restaurant very warm. Didn't appear that a/c was even on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night on vacationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014Food was outstanding. service was very slow at the start of the meal, restaurant wasn't that busy either. Super nice waitress. Service did improveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jmkh@aol.comHHIFoodieVIPDined on 8/22/2014We live on the island and love to dine at OKKO when we want sushi. This last visit was the usual with great food and service but their A/C was not able to keep up with the scorching temps we've been having this week and it was quite warm in the restaurant. I hope they can get that fixed because we do enjoy the restaurant.Special Features:
- Terrific dinign experienceRonaldVIPDined on 8/19/2014This was our first trip to OKKO and we are looking forward to many more visits. The food was excellent as was the service. The sushi appetizers were very tasty and well presented. Our entrees' were also very nicely presented and delicious. The wine list was quite extensive with good selections. We liked the décor which was clean, fresh and modern. A very nice dining experience overall.Special Features:
- Awesome SushiMariaDined on 8/15/2014My family - which includes a 10 and 14 year old - had hibachi dinner and some sushi. The sushi was outstanding (walker roll and a shrimp tempura roll). The egg drop soup was devoured by both kids as was the miso mushroom. The hibachi chefs are entertaining. If you don't care for too much for a salty taste on the grilled hibachi - let your server and chef know. We are heading back for sushi dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food - fun Hibachi chefwillmoacDined on 8/15/2014A great experience and meal! We made a reservation for OKKO on the last night of our stay on Hilton Head Island, in hindsight we wish we had visited earlier during our stay! This was the best meal by far that we had during our vacation. We opted for a Hibachi table seat so we could see our food prepared in front of us. Romeo our Hibachi chef was great, very entertaining in addition to be very skilled in the preparation of our food. The Hibachi prepared food was excellent, lobster, steak & sea bass were our choices. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, especially taking part in the Sake competition, watching the tricks with fire and the juggling with lighted batons. If we ever visit Hilton Head Island again we will be returning to OKKO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hibachi Sushi Sashimi hits HHIOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/15/2014Finally, a proper restaurant that serves the most delicious sushi, sashimi and hibachi has landed on HHI. The competition should simply close their doors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphereTherestaurantmogulDined on 8/10/2014Wouldn't know you were in a strip mall if you didn't have to come through the front door! Nice ambience and decent food. A bit noisy where we were seated but not any more that a typical restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sushi RollsKphjrVIPDined on 8/6/2014First off, the Unagi and Cowboy rolls were delicious and easily could have been served at some of the finest sushi restaurants. Unfortunately, in our opinion, the restaurant is trying too hard to be everything for everyone and as a result lacks authenticity. Some items noticed: 1. It is very club-like in design, where you would expect more martini's and loud music; 2. it has a wall of wine that rarely is first choice for sushi fans; 3. It doesn't serve jasmine hot tea (a staple in an Asian restaurant); 4. It sells Japanese, Chinese and Korean fare... perhaps more???; To me you cannot be expert in all cuisines. Think of it as just going out for sushi, but do not expect to be wow'ed. We would go back if having a sushi craving.I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulMauiDined on 8/6/2014Great sushi best I ever had! Kids loves the drunken noodles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2014Restaurant is one of the nicest places on the island. Did a wonderful job w/ tile and stone on decorating. Nice menu, with lots of choices.Special Features:
- ejoreviewDined on 7/27/2014Best sushi we've had since Maui- and it was a tie, great food Hibachi style too!Special Features:
- Great Sushi and HibachiSpecialPlaceVIPDined on 7/26/2014This is a wonderful place to go for great sushi and hibachi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewMeandmadi7198Dined on 7/25/2014The wait time to get food was way too long. Reservation was for 715, left at almost 945. Appeared to be only 2 hibachi cooks. Maybe 1/2 cup of vegetables served. I was very disappointed in the service. No refills on drinks, I had to ask. Also a manager talked down negatively to our cook right in front of us, very poor decision. However, the sushi was very good!!
- absolutely delicious!DesignerDinerVIPDined on 7/23/2014Four of us enjoyed a great evening in Okko's lounge-y digs-- healthy basil rolls, a great sashimi salad, a special roll, general T's chicken and yummy drunken noodles all with perfectly made drinks. Okko is operating at top-form and we hope they will continue to pay attention and maintain their success!Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperiencesrasVIPDined on 7/18/2014I have sat at both the bar (not sushi bar) and a hibachi table when dining at Okko. Both were great experiences. The bartender was engaging and our chef at the hibachi table was incredibly entertaining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Goodfoodlovers4VIPDined on 7/18/2014Okko has two sections, the main dining room which offers a full menu with Japanese, Chinese, Thai options. The other section is a hibachi grill which I have never tried. The sushi is always excellent and I have tried both the sea bass and drunken noodles and have thoroughly enjoyed both. Reservations are highly recommended.Special Features:
- Go for the food not for the serviceHHIFoodieDined on 7/13/2014Enticing sushi menu. Broad offering of specialty eastern dishes (try the Panang Curry or the Walnut Shrimp) escorted by more traditional oriental items. Eat in or take-out. It's a great atmosphere for a romantic dinner but go late so that you're not inundated with vacationing families. Reservations are recommended on the busy weekends. Extensive wine list. Great food. Inexperienced servers. (At least during our last visit.) We live on the Island and have never had stellar service here but it's worth tolerating the service for the food.Special Features:
- tethkbtOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/9/2014Beautiful upscale restaurant (although most dressed in usual beach spot shirt and shorts), ambience in sushi bar area really cool, ate in the hibachi area, our chef outstanding/entertaining and the food was much better than average. Angry dragon roll something else (appetizer), all sushi nicely presented. This place was spotless. Was little slow this nite, but per regular patron beside our party, was not usually the case. Look forward to returning, outstanding overallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi in Hilton Head!ChrisVIPDined on 7/2/2014It's modern and hip design with soft club background music, stainless steel beads border one side of the sushi area, tall ceilings. We ate dinner with our 3 boys, with no complaints. We had their sushi and it was awesome! You will not be disappointed. Note: If you want a Hibachi cook to prepare in front of you, you'll have to reserve a private room. But if not, you can order from the menu and they bring to your table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great sushi!DaisyDined on 7/2/2014we enjoyed great sushi and good thai main courses at OKKO. Restaurant's main focus is Hibatchi dining. The regular dining area was fully booked so we ate in the lounge area . Despite this, the noise level was fine and service good. Panang curry was good, could have been a little spicier. Red snapper with a tamarind sauce was beautifully presented and tasty. A bit pricey though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyDined on 7/2/2014Our Chef was excellent and fun. Personable with the children. Great food, beautiful restaurant, easy to make reservations on line, and very nice people! See you next Year!!!!Special Features:
- VG on all counts!DesignerDinerVIPDined on 7/1/2014A really good experience! Food was better than I had remembered since our last visit several months ago. Drunken noodles with beef was especially tasty. We'll be back asap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing and a shamecatsandrosesDined on 6/23/2014This is our third time there. We brought a friend and my son who is a waiter at a medium high end restaurant. We waited almost 20 minutes before ANYONE came around after we were seated.. Finally someone took our drink order after my husband complained to a server that no one had been to see us. Though the restaurant was not overly crowded, everything took a long time.. too long. another 10+ minutes for drinks then another 20 for appetizers.. I would think twice before returning which is too bad as we think the food at OKKO is superb.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!toodogsusVIPDined on 6/20/2014We love sushi and were delighted to find OKKO on our recent trip to HHI. The menu was great and the sushi was even better! My husband ordered pad thai and enjoyed that as well. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Great resturantEbowlieDined on 6/18/2014Awesome food and great environment. I suggest the house Lomein. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoiseOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/5/2014Everything was fine, food quality, service, drinks, etc, but you could not hear yourself think.Special Features:
- ExcellentStacyDined on 6/4/2014Kids had so much fun at hibachi table. Chef (??) was excellent with kids and offered good entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 100 reviews are from the OKKO Hilton Head reviews archive.
- Best sushi place aroundsmirnovasDined on 5/30/2014Very good sushi place, amazing food, nice atmosphere. Better to reserve your spot to avoid waiting as this place is popular. Put on some clothes as air conditioning gets very cold in here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sake SurpriseCltvacationDined on 5/29/2014We've all been to Japanese steakhouses and experienced the hibachi grill. I expected nothing more. This place was hands down the best steakhouse experience ever! The waiter Martin was hilarious and kept us laughing the whole night. The food was superb. Plus, the sake shot just added to the fun and entertainment. The table next to us was laughing with us and it when it was their turn we did the same. I would just go to Hilton Head to eat there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/25/2014Great Pan Asian menu; authentic tastes; excellent service; and nice ambiance.
- fantasticmomjelloDined on 5/23/2014Great menu. The sushi is a work of art for the eyes and wonderful for the taste. The Thai and Hitachi items were great. This is our new go to place.Special Features:
- A Japanese gem!!stroonzeDined on 5/5/2014We have been to Okko twice now and will make this a must stop whenever in Hilton Head.Special Features:
- Fresh and consistentNyfoodieVIPDined on 4/27/2014Fresh and consistent sushi. Fun vibe! Spicy scallop/tuna roll is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tons of FunCpakDined on 4/25/2014Excellent menu. Excellent food. Excellent service. We had a great time and will definitely visit again. WELL DONE OKKO!!!Special Features: