314 7th Ave.
Brooklyn, NY 11215Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.okeanosnyc.com/
- Phone: 3477254162x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Alexandros
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can cater any event. We carry a wide variety of great greek dishes, such as moussake or pastitchio or spanakopita, shrimp saganaki. Can build to suit your needs for any function you want to cater.
- Private Party Facilities: In Greek culture is like a special occasion, best enjoyed in the company of family or friends. For this reason, we proudly offer guests use of the banquet room for business or pleasure.
- Private Party Contact: Tommy Mamounas 8775788165
- Entertainment: We supply easy listening music during the day with an infusion of Greek music at night to enhance the dining experience.
- Special Events: We can do memorials, birthdays, business meetings, retirements, bridal or wedding showers, Any event you look to host we can cater to your needs
- Cross Street: 8th Street
- Public Transit: F Train Stops on Corner of 7th ave. and 9 Street one block away from Okeanos. Bus stop on same corner, the B67 and B69. Check MTA website for more detailed information.
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: There is metered parking on the 7th Avenue corridor and parking on side streets. Parking is a little difficult, so it is best to carpool or use mass transit.
A word from Okeanos Restaurant
Our inspiration behind Okeanos is to introduce our diners in Park Slope to delicious and healthy meals based on Greek cuisine. We specialize in whole fish delivered fresh daily. Mediterranean meals are prepared using basic and fresh ingredients to heighten taste.Continued
Our chef created a menu with a Mediterranean influence which we are sure you will enjoy. Greek culture is about family, become a part of others.
Our chef created a menu with a Mediterranean influence which we are sure you will enjoy. Greek culture is about family, become a part of others.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Okeanos Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Park Slope ›
Okeanos Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (8)neighborhood gem (7)great for outdoor dining (4)romantic (4)kid-friendly (3)good for groups (3)great for lunch (3)special occasion (3)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Fine quality GreekDoreenVIPDined on 10/2/2014Nice restaurant. Good food. Well-priced. It's more like a good luncheonette. The staff is lovely.Special Features:
- Nice placeVeggieMomVIPDined on 9/12/2014Service was merely ok, and we were brought more pita without asking for it - and we were charged for itSpecial Features:
- Personal RecommendationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Eating at Okeanos has truly been a great experience food-wise. I would definitely recommend the seafood salad, which I've had more than once, the spicy tuna and sirloin steak. The decor is really nice as well and the staff is friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chantalkDined on 7/12/2014A little gem in Park Slope & a"sure thing". I had an early dinner & sat near the front where it's open air to the street. The quality of the food & service was fantastic. We wanted to try many things & their small plates were perfect. Their wine is a collection of Greek blends & and is heavenly. I had a deep bodied red - best if you request a glass from an Unopened bottle to get the full flavor. We tried their red & yellow beets salad, the Feta Saganaki - pan fried sesame crusted feta with a yummy fig compote, their version of Tuna Tartare - fresh as can be, the Spanikopita - tasty & sublime, topped it off with pita, eggplant & hummus dips. A truly amazing meal with a varied selection. Can't wait to come back & try other things!Special Features:
- Nice Local GreeknelbeatoDined on 7/5/2014We were surprised by this place, the food was cooked to perfection. We tried the Red Snapper and the lamb chops, both were excellent. They have a wide selection of fresh seafood on display in the restaurant. I would definitely come back to try more of their fresh fish again.Special Features:
- The following 141 reviews are from the Okeanos Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great Seafood SpotFoody555Dined on 6/25/2014The service and food were very delish! Atmosphere is very nice and pleasant. Staff is very prompt and respectful. Great overall experience.Special Features:
- rascalVIPDined on 6/21/2014Food was good but we made the mistake of not asking for the price of the specials: lamb chops were $36! a bit pricey in our opinion. The staff is lovely: friendly, attentive, and knowledgable. We will go back but will be more conscious of prices.Special Features:
- New Neighborhood FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/17/2014My husband and I have taken our parents here twice in the past few months, and it has become our new favorite in Park Slope. The service is so friendly and attentive. The food is so fresh and delicious! We plan on making this our go-to for anyone coming to visit our neighborhood for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okeanos is greatsatisfiedfoodiesDined on 5/3/2014Had a wonderful dinner with my partner. Everything was delicious from the seafood salad, to a trio of three spreads with pita, to a grilled whole striped bass & a piece of walnut cake for dessert. The wait staff was really helpful too - provided us with tastes of 3 red Greek wines to get to choose what we would like most since we weren't as familiar with Greek grapes. Would recommend this spot to one & all!Special Features:
- we always like it hereJerryVIPDined on 5/3/2014we have brunch lunch and dinner along with a family party and gave never been disappointed. The have a great Greek wine list. Seafood was great all 6 of us enjoyed our mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodSouthslopeVIPDined on 4/26/2014Perfect octopus and grilled fish! Simple, well-prepared food.Special Features:
- So accommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/20/2014From the first money to the last, these folks made a stressful meal with squirmy kids quite wonderful. The food was delish and fresh and lovely to look at. Great service!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried something differentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/12/2014Tried something different and decided on this Greek food restaurant. Pleasantly surprised! Nice menu and wine list. Wait staff was very helpful with suggestions and with translating some items on the wine list and menu that are in Greek.Special Features:
- Bland Greek foodDukeDined on 3/28/2014If you're looking for something that's like yiayia's cooking- this not the place. The menu is consistent of the Greek theme, but tastes bland and doesn't represent the culture. The server was adorable- respectful guy. But that isn't enough to go back and spend that kind of money on tasteless food.Special Features:
- RespectableTedsterDined on 3/16/2014We came for a birthday brunch with a group of 15. Mother food was well prepared and very good. Greek food, with an occasional twist. We were in a private room, so the service was a little slow, but still not terrible. Accommodating to our needs. We went during a parade, which we didn't know about, and weren't warned about prior to the event, which effected everyone's commute to the place, but otherwise, really no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food was great! reallybrunchfanaticVIPDined on 3/15/2014the food was great! really enjoyed it. However the service was just not there. it's hard to go back to a restaurant when the service is not god.
- Like eating on a Greek islandMIKEDined on 3/1/2014Lettuce & feta salad to start. The whole fish selection is fresh and lightly seasoned with a touch of oil and capers, along with your choice of sides to dish on the plate. Their special cheese cake dessert provided a perfect ending. With an imaginative but not overwhelming menu. this authentic modern Greek restaurant is a memorable place to visit. The service was not polished but attentive and unintrusive.Special Features:
- Okeanos, a treatDinerMcEaterVIPDined on 2/24/2014Very nice ParkSlope Greek/Mediterranean restaurant - always an enjoyable experience...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Faux Upscale GreeklarryDined on 2/22/2014we found that the basic greek, moussaka and pasticio, dishes were not too authentic and a bit overpriced..pasticio needed to be beefed up , a basic greek diner would charge half the price for same and taste better. the fish dish was very good, and would recommend sticking with the fish of the day. we had a red wine that was very good. wine , in retrospect was pricey considering. , make the greek stuff more greek. would go back but probably just order lots of appetizers and bottle of wine,as they were all of high quality and taste the service and staff were very nice and the best part of the experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYE Feast in BrooklynSwoosiDined on 12/31/2013I found this restaurant utilising the Time Out app & google (best fireworks then restaurants nearby). Quick metro from our hotel in Midtown on corner of block from subway. Set 4 course menu suited all palates in our group. Staff were efficient & helpful and we had time to dash to see fireworks from Prospect Park. Price was very reasonable. No hesitation in recommending this restaurant for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NYE Experienceislesfan4lyfDined on 12/31/2013Been to Okeanos a few times now. Took a group of 10 people for a pre-Billy Joel NYE dinner. Everyone enjoyed it.Special Features:
- New Years EveBusterbrewskyDined on 12/31/2013We went for New Years Eve. They had a prix fix menu with a delciious fried cheese with drizzled honey and a greek crumbled cheese on top. For the main course, they offered a whole fish with crab, those that had it loved it. They also offered a backed chicken which was also delicious and finally they offered a surf and turf with lobster which was also very good just didn't have much "greekness" to it. We had a large group of 11 and we had a semi private room in the back which was very nice. It is hard to rate it as an every day restaurant as we did not get to order off the menu but the ambiance was nice with a definite local fee to it. The staff was friendly if not a bit overworked with two large parties side by side. I would go back.Special Features:
- Park Slope Pleasant ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/22/2013Service was excellent, food very good and reasonably priced. The best fresh whole Bronzino ever eaten by my wife. The salmon and moussaka also very good. The appetizers of arugola salad and greek salad are large enough to be shared. Desserts are authentic. Definitely worth a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinning experienceLaughDined on 12/7/2013I was recommended to this place by a very satisfied customer and this was definitely a thumbs up. Great food, nice service and no complaints at all. Will definitely continue to recommend and will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch and DinnerVeggieMomVIPDined on 11/30/2013Okeanos has excellent Greek food, whether for brunch or dinner. Not sure why the neighborhood hasn't discovered it yet.Special Features:
- Nice Surprise!specsadnyDined on 11/24/2013First time at this restaurant, went on the recommendation of a friend. It was a very nice experience, the meal was very good from beginning to end. Everyone in the party of nine was very happy with the service and food. We will keep Okeanos on our list of go to places!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and authentic Greek foodElenitopDined on 11/7/2013This restaurant is a real gem when it comes to seafood. The fish is cooked simply, but it is very flavorful and very fresh. Dolmathes and other Greek standard fare were excellent.Special Features:
- Lots of PotentialScotto76VIPDined on 11/6/2013I went here on a Wednesday night for dinner and the place was empty! I think it just needs to reach out to the community because it is a really nice place. The food was delicious, the service was excellant and the 2 glasses of wine i had were doubles...alwyas a plus!!! I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Greek I've had in BrooklynLovegrubVIPDined on 10/28/2013Hey OpenTable! You've gotta try this place. If you're a fish lover, like me..... this is a must! They have all the freshest fish, even some from the Mediterranean sea, and they broil it to perfection. One thing that is special is that they have all the fresh fish lying out in glass container, over a bed of ice. I asked if customers could pick their fish, and they said yes. That topped of the whole experience. The service was top notch too. I never have an empty glass. I hate an empty water glass or cup of .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- park slope gemspinchickDined on 10/26/2013Having recently moved to Park Slope we have had fun exploring all the local restaurants in search of a reliable gem. Okeanos has become our "go to" restaurant. We love their fresh fish which is always simply prepared with just enough seasoning to enhance the natural flavors. The wine selection is Greek and the waitstaff is knowledgeable in helping you to decide which wines work best with your meal.The menu is truly Mediterranean, from salads to delicious home made desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our experience at Okeanos RestauranGP84Dined on 10/20/2013We had a great time at at Okeanos Restaurant. Food was excellent. Service was very good. Waiter was very helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed it. Our waiter,EaterDined on 10/4/2013We enjoyed it. Our waiter, Ozzie, was excellent. He showed us our fish choices before they were cooked. Execellent move. Made wine suggestions and let us try them before selecting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Place for BrunchJerryVIPDined on 9/29/2013we have never been disappointed here. great assortment of Greek Food specializing seafood. One our favoritesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Greek Food with Good Servicedmp547Dined on 9/28/2013Had delicious food for dinner on Saturday night with friends. The small plates have a nice selection and were all very good. I had a Greek salad which was good. My friends said their dinners were good, not great and that the appetizers were much better. I would prefer going back and just ordering shared plates. Our water glasses were never empty, plates were cleared between courses and waitress was very attentive to us and the other tables on a packed out night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummy Greek foodeveaftVIPDined on 9/17/2013We've been to Okeanos a few times and have always had a pleasant delicious experience. We've also had a birthday party in the back room before - the food and the service were great!Special Features:
- Better service for lunch?LuisVIPDined on 9/10/2013Have consistently enjoyed the food at Okeanos - but the service is always variable. Most recently, dinner service has improved and is more consistently appropriate and friendly. On this occasion, however, I brought my staff for lunch. Food was great - but service very mediocre. Server never asked how food was, he was slow, etc. I was certainly disappointed - actually was not happy with the fact that the tip was automatically added, but understood we were a group of 9, so it was fine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SeafoodMangiabeneDined on 8/28/2013Our meal was delicious and the recommended wine we had was perfect. It's not inexpensive, but worth it for a special occasion. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected FindFoodieGDined on 8/16/2013Searched Greek and found an amazing dining experience in Okeanos. Amazing food and great waitstaff. The seafood salad is a must have with octopus, calamari and shrimp grilled to perfection. The fish selection was superb and also cooked perfectly. Our waitress sealed the deal with the knowledge of the wine and most importantly each of the types of fish. Overall, I will definitely be back to dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was quite good; waitoversixtyDined on 8/2/2013Food was quite good; wait staff sweet and helpful, but communication a little difficult (brought the wrong dessert); way to noisy, and, we felt, too pricey.
- Awesome seafood!GingeeVIPDined on 7/26/2013Okeanos is a lovely, clean restaurant in the heart of Park Slope. Beautiful seafood excellently prepared and served by wonderful staff. Would definitely go back.Special Features: