1166 Washington Street
Boston, MA 02118Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://oishiiboston.com/
- Phone: 6174828868
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday : 12:00pm - 3:00pm Sunday Brunch : 11:00am - 5:00pm Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Ting San
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate parties of 12-35 guests. We create special menus designed by Chef Ting for larger parties. We look forward to hosting your party!
- Private Party Contact: Vicky Hong 6174828868
A word from Oishii Boston
Oishii Boston located in the South End SOWA district, the most artistic area in Boston. Oishii Boston is devoted to providing the most wonderful dining experience to every customer. Chef Ting San is dedicated to combining every dish with the freshest ingredients and creativity, to transform a dish into a work of art. We want our customers to have a fabulous dining experience for all occasions. We serve the most delicate wine and sake in our contemporary Tokyo style lounge. The dining room is elegantly decorated for a comfortable atmosphere to complement a magnificent meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Oishii Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (61)special occasion (53)romantic (39)neighborhood gem (26)hot spot (17)great for lunch (15)good for groups (14)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (9)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014tempuras were cut in huge pieces. One looses appetite even looking at them, huge eggplant!! And wine wasn't served by the waiter at notime
- Great sushi!jennybDined on 9/13/2014This was a great find for our Boston trip. They have an excellent selection of sushi and some very unique and tasty rolls. We loved it!Special Features:
- I loved Oishii Boston!iluvf00dDined on 9/13/2014The atmosphere is trendy and fun, the food is incredible, and the presentation of the food is unique. I love this place for a special occasion. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Asian Cuisinebooper48Dined on 9/12/2014Salmon on Fire is an absolute must!! The Lychee martinis were delicious, as were several other craft cocktails from the beautiful bar. Menu is filled with innovative dishes - our table of four tried 20 different items and were extremely pleased with all of them...even the miso soup was outstanding! Cant wait to go back and try the rest of the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best!!FoodfavVIPDined on 9/11/2014What a great dinner! My husband and I were first-timers at Oishii. The ambiance was great and service was perfect. We had both sushi and Japanese food. The food was terrific but the presentation really made it even better! We can't wait to come back and try more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good sushiXavierVIPDined on 9/10/2014Consistent-always good food. Enjoy their lychee martinis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime sushi in the South EndPhillybornVIPDined on 9/4/2014Inventive delicious sushi in a sexy atmosphere. Pricy but special enough to warrant the costSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi in BostonRachelRedDined on 8/30/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday dinner. Found it on Best of Boston. It did not disappoint. We particularly enjoyed the red bean ice cream with creme brûlée and the black cod appetizer, both of which were recommended by our server. We also really loved the cucumber and mint cocktail as well as the toro truffle maki. I would not recommend this place for first time sushi goers, but if you know a little about this delicacy it's the best in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very satisfyingfabiendenryDined on 8/29/2014Food and service are top and consistent over the years. The diversity in food, taste and presentation, is amazing and sensually rewarding. Music and decor add to the experience for a very satisfying experience.Special Features:
- First time at OishiicheferinicoleDined on 8/28/2014Went for a date night with my boyfriend, we both love sushi! It was quiet and intimate around 6pm. Service was excellent, our order was taken and food promptly came out to us, our drinks were quickly replaced and servers quickly cleared empty plates as we finished. The food was absolutely delicious and a work of art! Overall it was a great dinner and can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Lunch SpecialsFoodieDaveDined on 8/26/2014I recommend making reservations, especially during Restaurant Week. There is seating in your usual dinning room, lounge, but if you're by yourself you can sit at the very cool sushi bar, unfortunately how the bar is set up you can not see the sushi chefs making the food, but still some nice seating anyways. The food is very fresh and the options are more than the usual. I highly recommend special lunch plates that comes with different sushis, sashimi, and assortment of hot dishes. This place is a deal during Restaurant Week.Special Features:
- Great Dine Out Boston ChoiceYolandaVIPDined on 8/24/2014The restaurant week menu is great!!! We had a wonderful lunch here. The food is delicious, and it only cost you around 25 dollars. Deserve a try!Special Features:
- Terrible servicePllumy14Dined on 8/23/2014I was very frustrating because our server was very unfriendly. Nancy, our server, didn't bring us water and wet towels for hands like usual. I don't know why she is so rude and unkind. Even thought the food was really good, our overall impression about the dinner is really bad because of terrible service!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Best in BostonOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Great, melt in your mouth sushi with interesting presentations. It is expen$$ive but worth the moneySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but service was horribleFenwaytravelerVIPDined on 8/22/2014The food was pricey but good. I've had better sushi so I'm not sure if the price was worth it. Our server only came around once to take our order....MIA after that.Special Features:
- OutstandingSteveDined on 8/20/2014For Restaurant Week, the choices were good and the food and presentation was outstanding.Special Features:
- Dine Out BostonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014We went to Oishii during the Dine Out Boston week. We arrived late (trying to find parking is almost impossible), but they didn't even mention our tardiness and seated us right away. I had a drink, which was good, albeit additional charge from the Dine Out menu. We also got a couple of the chef's recommendations for sushi at an additional charge, and they were delicious. I ordered one kaiseki lunch and my husband ordered another. It was basically a large plate consisting of lots of little plates and gave us the opportunity to sample of a bunch of different things. It was all really good, and decently priced for the amount we got. Waitstaff was friendly and attentive. Overall, great time, yummy food, no complaints!Special Features:
- great sushi and styletheDaneDined on 8/16/2014very good sushi, delicately arranged and taken in a great atmosphereSpecial Features:
- DisappointedbskyDined on 8/12/2014Just ok: expected unusual, exciting, special; we have had more interesting sushi experience across town at Houston's the steakhouse! Tried a bunch of items (apps, rolls, sushi, entree), but when we played our usual post-dinner game of "what did you like best" we couldn't get started. Also: For a restaurant that focuses (sometimes) on presentation, so much was off, like: the tables for two fit better in a dollhouse: The table next to us got the salmon on fire which was unceremoniously pushed onto the tiny crowded table by a waiter who was also carrying something else, forcing the mammoth menus off the far end the table, all while the customer made a nice save of his water glass which was already halfway over. Nice. Service was decent.
- the best sushi in north americavinodDined on 8/10/2014excellent food..great ambiance..love it.I've been to Japan and Sushi all over the world and Oishi is one of the best Sushi placesSpecial Features:
- Amazing sushi restaurant!TorontoFoodGuruDined on 8/8/2014Have dined at many sushi restaurants over the years and this one is quite special. The omakase menu is incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried some new things...SorceressCaptainDined on 8/8/2014We were seated right away, The team that served us was courteous, attentive and polite. The dishes were delicious and presented well. I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DBBFoodieDined on 8/5/2014We have been hearing a lot about Oishii and finally made it there for a special occasion. Athmosphere is nice, but very dark. Tables are a bit close together (you can overhear what people 2 tables from you are talking about and you're practually sharing your meal with the people at the next table). It was pretty loud, even though we were there on a Tuesday night. We had sushi, which was good, but not amazing. Overall, it is a good, solid choice, but did not live up to the hype.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014Best sushi, and possibly best meal, I've ever had! Great ambience and exciting dishes that will make the experience stand out. HIGHLY recommend!Special Features:
- OutstandingHelezalezVIPDined on 7/27/2014The Best Japanese food ever. Great attention and suggestions. Definitely a must go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The real deal!FornDogDined on 7/25/2014Ordered the chef's nine course tasting menue because so many dishes on menue looked good. Albeit expensive each course was a walk down foodie lane. Taste, texture, sight were all included over the 2 hour sense tickle. Not for the california roll crowd as my wife did not eat half of the courses although chef tried to accommodate best he could. Would make a trip back any time in Boston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceycriticalVIPDined on 7/22/2014Food was good ... very creative ... and VERY expensive ...
- Top ten of my best mealsSildanDined on 7/20/2014We had an absolutely outstanding meal here. After reading all kinds of reviews, I was a bit worried that it would be too pretentious. Not sure why, but that's how it came across thru the reviews. Well I was super happy to be convinced otherwise. We did the omakase for $150 and every course was a little adventure in taste and presentation. We have done other 10 plus course meals where you get one chance to taste the one bite of a multiple component dish, and then it's gone. Here it was enough to play with the different flavors, they were well balanced and yet still new for the palate. The sushi is melt in your mouth, as well as the Wagyu beef. Foodheaven!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014I think the best Japanese I have been....and I have been in Japan......Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2014Small and quiet. Good service. Some items overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TasteVladTheladDined on 7/1/2014It's all about taste. Good taste. From the decor to the plate, everything is aesthetically pleasing. And then there is the food. Extraordinary sushi, exquisitely fresh and beautifully cut sashimi, and the delightful many creations of the chef. In summary, an all-around excellent experience.Special Features:
- New favoritedjjrVIPDined on 6/28/2014We have eaten here 5 times over the last 6 months & it has been excellent each time. Best sushi/sashimi we have had. We had eaten at the original Oishii & loved it, then discovered the Boston restaurant, which is equally good & more spacious & convenient to Cambridge/Boston area residents. Service friendly & very good. Relaxing ambiance, very nicely decorated. If you like Japanese food, try it, you'll love it.Special Features:
- JackVIPDined on 6/27/2014I was impressed by the service, but the sushi was just okay. Very fresh, but missing the careful preparation that makes for great sushi.I would recommend this to a friend.
- MandMDined on 6/21/2014We ordered the Chef's tasting menu, which was perfectly paced. The food was absolutely superb, and the service was prompt, friendly and attentive. Our only two very minor complaints ware that our waiter was not able to answer all of our questions about the food (he was able to answer most of them), and the table was just slightly too long for the two of us to have an intimate conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melt in your mouthSouthEnd76VIPDined on 6/21/2014We have been to Oishii several times over the years. They continue to be consistently amazing with the freshness of their fish, beautiful presentation, and with excellent service. Worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/20/2014Chef Bruce presents every single dish beautifully and timely! Fish is super fresh and the sauce is well balanced. Simon, our waiter, is so eloquent describing every single dish that was served. It will be a privilege and a pleasure to meet the owner and the creator of Oishii signature dishes when we next visit Oishii. Definitely a spot for the foodies.Special Features:
- Great food every timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014Always great food, interesting specials, sensitive to food allergiesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oishii South Endreviewer617Dined on 6/14/2014This was nice, we went around 7 pm on Saturday and thought it would be busier, but it wasn't. Sat at a table in the chef area, not much ambience, kind of dark and blah. So our waiter was over the top nice, but kept bringing things we didn't ask for. What was weird was, he kept repeating he would take them off the bill, yet he kept bringing them. Sake was heaven. I hate the fact that their salmon is farm raised (disgusting) but didn't find that out till after I ate it. The tuna maki was good. I don't know if I want to go back, nothing screams out at me about this place, but the prices. It was good, but not that good.Special Features:
- Awesome Food!MonicaDined on 6/7/2014Read that this restaurant was the #1 sushi bar in Boston in 2012 and 2011. It was awesome my husband had the chef special 10pc sushi/sashimi and we had a variety of maki rolls many that were recommended by our waiter. Everything was delicious!Special Features:
- Great special placeEYEMOREDined on 6/6/2014I took my best friend here for her birthday dinner after she arrived late in the evening. We sat down after 10pm (when most places are closing up) and started one of the best meals out this year. Our waiter Soloman we the right balance of charming and attentive without it being about him. He paced our orders well so our small table wasn't crowded and suggested changes to what we as ordered to compliment the full meal. I'll be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1141 reviews are from the Oishii Boston reviews archive.