14841 Biscayne Blvd.
North Miami Beach, FL 33181Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oishithai.com/
- Phone: 3059474338
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Piyarat Arreeratn
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Oishi Thai
Born in Chiang Rai, Thailand, Executive Chef Piyarat Arreeratn a.k.a. Bee moved to the United States to broaden his culinary skills. Chef Bee worked for Nobu Matsuhisa at Nobu Miami Beach in the Shore Club with many great chefs well trained by Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto. Chef Bee also worked with talented local Chef Kevin Cory of NAOE. Thoroughly imbued by this discipline, Bee found the confidence to tackle his first experience as an Executive Chef at Oishi Thai in North Miami Beach year 2005. This was following a memorable experience at the eternally posh Nobu in South Beach. More information coming soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Oishi Thai reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (7)neighborhood gem (5)special occasion (4)romantic (3)good for groups (3)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Incredible dining experienceScrappyDined on 8/18/2014My family and I have often dined here and every time is just as incredible as the lastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Thai foodManny32VIPDined on 6/27/2014Fresh and authentic good ambience, but a little pricey than most Thai restaurants. if you are in the Area its worth a tripSpecial Features:
- Great foodJemaDined on 5/11/2014I have eaten at Oshi Thai many times. The food is consistently great and the service is excellent. I can't say enough about how delicious it is!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the (pricey) sushiDamianDDined on 5/3/2014(3.5 stars) The sushi is absolutely top notch. Some of the freshest I've ever had in South Florida by far. Yes it was very pricey, typically about double what you'd pay in a neighborhood joint, but the quality is without compare. Definitely worth treating yourself. Unfortunately the Thai dishes and appetizers were barely tolerable. Just so "meh", not even up to neighborhood 'burb Thai joints. Very disappointing. The gyoza were stale and old-tasting, the rock shrimp were plentiful but the sauce had no flavor. Even the hamachi jalapeno appetizer had great fish but not much else. The massaman curry was just ... boring. The design is polished and the soundtrack cool but unobtrusive. A welcome relief from "hip" places blaring EDM!Special Features:
- The following 106 reviews are from the Oishi Thai reviews archive.
- I enjyed a lotCLernerDined on 4/19/2014For me it was a good experience! The taste is so different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite interestingJSeatsVIPDined on 3/11/2014A bit different from the ubiquitous Thai/sushi places all over these days. This one excels in both, with a creative chef with a good background.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thai As It Should BeDJC555VIPDined on 3/10/2014Authentic, consistant, warm and welcoming. As we land from up north, we immediately head to our favorite Thai restaurant. Not only are the menu items incredibly wonderful, a fantastic selection, but Chef B accomodates our requests for specific Thai dishes not on the menu. He tailors the dish according to our diet (for us hold the sugar, increase the heat). Oishi Thai is not only a place for great Thai but this is the place to go for the freshest sushi you'll find !Special Features:
- Awesome All AroundScrappyDined on 1/7/2014Incredible food, presentation and service. You would never expect the quality that you would find in this small restaurant in a shopping strip. Definitely worth making the drive if its not in your neighborhood!Special Features:
- Tasty food in a dark noisy ambientSabriDined on 12/30/2013Great food served with accurate image. We had tempura very crispy and rice. The ambient is very noisy and too dark. Quality and price level is very good.Special Features:
- best sushi and fish in towngjp714VIPDined on 12/7/2013we have been coming here for a few years , even though I live down south in Pinecrest and this restaurant is near Aventura its worth the drive, if you are a fan of real quality sushi this is the place , they always have fresh Toro and all the tuna rolls are done with Blue fin Tuna , its awesome , also they make a whole fried Snapper that they will serve chunked for you that is the best , nothing like it anywhere in MiamiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bubblegum sushi!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/30/2013Never had chewy sushi before!! We eat sushi at least once a week. The nori in the sushi was so chewy that you could not even swallow it. We called over the server, who feigned ignorance by not understanding English. We then spoke to the chef who said that the warm rice softened the nori which made it chewy!!! We had ordered a second roll which they said would be made without nori, but what we received was a huge glob of rice with a small spot of yam tempura for $9.95. Normally less than five dollars at other restaurants.. Other restaurants would have adjusted the check to compensate for the fact that we couldn't eat either sushi. We had been loyal patrons but would not return here again. Poor service,expensive,and in edible food!
- Love it!RegularVIPDined on 11/26/2013M husband & I have been coming to Oishi since they opened. It is our 'go to' sushi/thai favorite! The lunch specials are a terrific value. My husband usually orders the Chicken w/ basil sauce or the Pad Thai. I usually order a la carte from the menu: salmon and anago sushi or various rolls and the sautéed japanese vegetable plate. Other excellent dishes are some that the chef has created: his special ceviches and fish carpaccios as well as the miso cod. In addition to the food, the restaurant's interior is lovely and comfortable and the staff delightful. The chef/owner was previously at Nobu and brought his skill and resources uptown. A huge thank you for that! You can't go wrong here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved!esdoyleDined on 11/16/2013Loved! Great food! Nice outdoor dining! Everything was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef Bee- Thai GeniusDJC555VIPDined on 9/2/2013Knowing Chef Bee developed menu & dishes at Khong River House, I searched for his restaurant in N. Miami, owned prior to bringing KRH to a James Beard nomination in just a yr! I read that he parted ways & has returned full-time to Oushi Thai, never to be compromised for quality & style! I am thrilled to have dined here!. Welcome is warm, genuine, like dining w/ an old friend. Food quality top knotch-whether sushi, Japanese or Thai. He buys fresh each day- hands on & the food is just superb! He recommended Fried Bok Choi-OMG!, made a special seafood Pad Thai, outstanding! His mom in directly in from Thailand, is cooking w/ him. They made a delicious tomato grd. pork dish. Everything made to order. it does not get any better than this!Special Features:
- Welcoming tour of Thai CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/1/2013Welcomed. From the minute you walk in and are greeted by the hostess, this family run gem makes you feel special. Once seated you are greeted by a true culinary talent, Chef Bee. As he introduces himself you can already feel the energy and passion he has for his food. Throughout the meal he checks in with nearly everyone in the restaurant who all appear to be repeat customers or soon to be. And then there is the food. Impeccable presentation as each dish is more beautiful than the next. The layering of flavor from coconut to kaffir lime to five spice takes you on a journey to his homeland. The quality of ingredients is better than any you find in SoFL. This is one place you want to return again, and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thai foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/2/2013Low key strip mall location and simple setting but the food and service are excellent. This is the place to go for enjoying quality Thai food in a friendly atmosphere.Special Features:
- Best sushi in Ft. LauderdaleOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 6/21/2013We love it here! The special sushi dishes are incredible! And the service is fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissapointedlepco3Dined on 5/16/2013We sat outside, not much ambiance, sit inside for that. Service was very slow. Had to get up and request a check for my table. When I went inside the restaurant was deserted. Not sure why service was slow. Food was ok. Had higher expectations based on reviews.
- Great food and great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2013Great food and great service. Will come back again
- Incredible sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/21/2013Amaaaaaaazing food in an unassuming atmosphere. Its one of my fave places!Special Features:
- This is a great place to dine.BreezeVIPDined on 3/16/2013This is a great place to dine. For a while it went down, but they are BACK.I'm glad to see this, since this was one of my favorite places.Special Features:
- Great Food, not a place forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Great Food, not a place for a romantic dinner, price slightly higher than similar restaurants. Recommended!Special Features:
- Good food at very good prices.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/28/2012Good food at very good prices. They treated our large group well.Special Features:
- Excellent food, Ice creamOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012Excellent food, Ice cream for dessert very expensive though;;;Special Features:
- Incredible Food & ServiceScrappyDined on 10/19/2012Hands down Oishi Thai is dependably delicious with outstanding service! My favorite is the Lobster Tempura roll, being very difficult to say because everything is always so amazing.Special Features:
- Expensive for this type ofKylebudDined on 9/9/2012Expensive for this type of place in a strip mall. My rating would be higher would it not be for this.Special Features:
- DRODNissanDined on 9/8/2012If you are a fan of high end Asian cuisine, Oishi Thai is an excellant choice. Ambiance, service and quality of product all outstanding. Beautiful Sushi bar serving top of the line Sushi in addition to an extensive Thai menu as well. Will recommend to all friends and family.Special Features:
- Great green curry and mangoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2012Great green curry and mango sticky rice. Pad Thai is okay. Servers are excellent.
- Food was fresh,delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/23/2012Food was fresh,delicious and creative. The servers were helpful and friendly! We wish we lived in the area because this restaurant was one of our all time favorites for Japanese/Thai cuisine.Special Features:
- food was outstanding as always!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/9/2012food was outstanding as always!!! service a bit slow....but food amazing!Special Features:
- Excellent Thai and sushi restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/22/2012Excellent Thai and sushi restaurant. The fish is fresh daily and the Thai dishes are very authentic with a modern twist. Good Eats!Special Features:
- Great food and beautiful presentatiOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2012Great food and beautiful presentation, service was just ok, our server was overwhelmed and appeared anxious, in her defense it was Valentines eve and they were busy, also, I looked around and the other servers seemed to be on top of their game so she may have been new... Many of the sakes on the menu were out... Overall Enjoyed the food but felt like I payed fine dinning prices without the fine dinning experience.Special Features:
- Oishi Thai delivers one everyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2012Oishi Thai delivers one every level. Their food and service are consistently excellent one every visit, and I've had many since their opening a few years ago. They offer a great menu of Thai and Japanese selections. Their sushi bar produces the freshest and best tasting varieties in the North Miami/Aventura/Bal Harbour area. Each member of their restuarant team makes you feel welcome from the moment you walk in...and the servers are attentive without smothering you...just a friendly staff. I even love the decor, with gracefully curved cork covered walls and high ceilings that absorb any excessive noise but make you feel like you're in a vibrant dining place. Lastly, they provide great value as their menu prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/3/2012The food and service were outstanding. Everything we ordered was super fresh, delicious and innovative. Even the presentation was great. I can't say enough about the service. They were on top of everything and very accommodating. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Excellent variety of ThaiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/9/2012Excellent variety of Thai and Sushi dishes. The food was very fresh and of excellent quality. Beware, some of the dishes are very spicy!!Special Features:
- We introduced our friendsVictorDined on 1/5/2012We introduced our friends and they were so impressed, they told us, they would definitly return.Special Features:
- Amazing food! One of the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/1/2012Amazing food! One of the best we had in Miami, we went 2 days in a row. Will definetly go back when we visit Miami againSpecial Features:
- Good and affordable Thai food.SharonVIPDined on 12/29/2011Good and affordable Thai food. Found the restaurant too cold with the air conditioning and the music was thumping lounge style, which didn't mix with the atmosphere. Also thought there was too much on the menu, everything from mashed potatoes to sushi. Scale back the meu and improve the service would be my recommendations. Food very good, but decor and service are lacking.Special Features:
- Great restaurant..terrible hostessOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2011Excellent food and atmosphere. We pass several other Thai restaurants to eat at Oishi Thai and are never disappointed. Only bloth on their record was the attitude of the hostess. We booked a table for 4 and actually had 5 as I forgot to include my 6 year old, who usually sits between us anyway at a table for 4. The hostess seemed bothered that we had one more than indicated on the reservation. She put us at a booth and we politely asked her if we could get a table that was a little more private and off the beaten path and she said she couldn't. There was nobody else eating inside the entire restaurant. Every table was vacant, yet the table she sat us at was our only option! Everybody super-friendly - except this hostess.
- This was my third visit andOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/17/2011This was my third visit and very disappointed. The food did not have the flavor as before.