Oishi Japanese Restaurant
11025 International Drive
Orlando, FL 32821Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Oishi Japanese Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://restaurantoishi.com/
- Phone: 4074650088
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 2:15pm; Dinner Nightly: 2:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Oishi Banquets, Special Events and Catering provides a delicious and glowing evening for you and your guests at our restaurant or at your venue.
A word from Oishi Japanese Restaurant
Oishi Restaurant warmly welcomes you to enjoy the Ultimate in Japanese Cuisine. As you enter feel free to sit at our sparkling marble sushi bar, or venture further into the warm wooded dining area with bamboo accented ceilings where modern and classic collide to create a feast for the senses.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Oishi Japanese Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (5)kid-friendly (2)fit for foodies (2)notable wine list (2)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Good teppanyaki near the areaKar01011Dined on 10/15/2014If you're staying near the Orlando Imternational Drive hotel area and are looking for a not that expensive good place to eat dinner at, this is a good option. Teppanyaki isngood as everythimg else. Nothing special but you won't regret it. The late dinner chef's turn makes a nice little show for teppanyaki!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi MamaWindow726Dined on 9/30/2014The sushi was amazing and the people were very cordialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decent hibachi and good sushiDCReviewer2013Dined on 9/14/2014Visiting Orlando doing this hibachi place. servers very friendly and chef entertaining The hibachi was pretty decent but the others in my party had sushi which they enjoyed very muchSpecial Features:
- The following 43 reviews are from the Oishi Japanese Restaurant reviews archive.
- Good RestaurantFoodieGurlVIPDined on 6/2/2014The interior of the restaurant was a bit off-putting but that is really the only negative for this restaurant. The food was excellent and plentiful. The chef, though not very outgoing, was observant and did a great job on meal preparation. After going to Oishi in Orlando, got back home to Minnesota and decided to go to Benihana. I think the Benihana chef was new, but it was such a let down after Oishi. Will definitely go back when we're in Orlando.Special Features:
- Ok but I've had betterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/18/2014Our family loves Habachi so naturally we wanted to experience it during our vacation to Florida. The service and restaurant ambiance was fine but the food was bland. It doesn't compare to bigger chains like Benihana or Osaka (in Minneapolis). Typically, smaller restaurants focus more on the taste of the food so I was surprised that a national chain would be better. With that said, they were very family friendly and the kids loved the onion volcano.Special Features:
- Some of the best sushi I'veAnonymousDined on 2/25/2014Some of the best sushi I've had in awhile! The special rolls were delicious! I would definitely recommend to sushi lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi selection was very good!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/24/2014Sushi selection was very good! We had a group of 8 and everyone enjoyed their dining experience!!Special Features:
- Service? What service?OrlandoVisitrDined on 2/21/2014Good food but something happened to the service. They just don't care anymore. This was our second visit (3 years ago) and we had a great experience. We were looking forward to a nice evening but the service was so bad it ruined the night. We're looking for a replacement sushi restaurant in this area.
- poor staffingtjawadDined on 2/18/2014This is a Japanese hibachi restaurant yet the last two times we dined here, they did not have enough chefs to accommodate all of their tables. We had to wait 30 minutes after being seated for the chef to come cook for us without being notified. If we had been told before being seated, we would have left.Special Features:
- Very noisy place, took longOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/15/2014Very noisy place, took long time for server to come...Special Features:
- Good foodJdubsDined on 2/6/2014Very reasonably priced great specials. I had the hurricane roll and it was great. Wife and 15 year old daughter loved it too. Close to Sea World.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Sushi!JosephDined on 10/11/2013The sushi selection is great with beautiful presentation and fresh ingredients. There was a huge selection of items on the menu. Everything was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place without Benihana pricesSlou23Dined on 6/29/2013Great place without Benihana prices. Been here the past three years. Our son and our friends all enjoyed their dinner. Highly recommend this place for anyone visiting Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our second time foodBvegaDined on 4/19/2013This was our second time food was good service horrible 18% gratuity was included we were only a party of 4 cook put no effort into any type of show needed to be coached on how much garlic /sauce to add to food service horrendous
- the service was good daughterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/8/2013the service was good daughter has peanut allergy they were very accomodatingSpecial Features:
- The usual and safeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/2/2012The food was typical for a hibachi style dining. Sushi was quite limited to the traditional American fare. Nothing too unique. It was a relief to see the seafood that was offered at the grill to be a little varied however. The yellowtail was cooked perfectly. Overall, it is a typical hibachi restaurant on par for most restaurants of this type.Special Features:
- Typical hibachi restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/27/2012Typical hibachi restaurant. Has an admirable sushi menu too.Special Features:
- We were seated in a timelyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/19/2012We were seated in a timely manner, the host was very friendly and accommodating. Food was excellent and cook was very entertaining.Special Features:
- waited forever to get in evenOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/25/2011waited forever to get in even though we made a reservation, nobody at the front to greet us and we were seated far at the back near the kitchen. the restaurant is annoyingly noisey and the services is slow and unfriendly. The sushi was ok...we've been to a lot of sushi places and for what this restaurant shows in it's menu and what they actual serve is two different things. definitely would not returnSpecial Features:
- Not worth going out of your wayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/17/2011So it was OK. Not bad, not great. I had a sushi selection and was not too impressed. I eat sushi alot, so I have a high bar. I ordered a dragon roll and did not like it that much. It had too much cream cheese, and a very sweet sauce. Also, not enough fish content. It was probably twice as high calorie as the dragon rolls I am accustomed to. I had hamachi which was not the best cut and so was not as tasty as I would like. On the other hand, my husband ordered yaki soba (noodle soup) and found it to be very good quality and very tasty. He would go back. I would not (for sushi). The ambiance was OK - its in a strip mall but it is beside Thai Thani which is the best Thai around, so I expected better, I guess.
- I made a registration forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/8/2011I made a registration for two on a Saturday night and got our table as soon as we arrived. It is located in a quieter area in a strip mall. It was not very busy for a Saturday night in the rain. The food was good, not great. The service was very good. The prices are average for Orlando.Special Features:
- Restaurant not crowded yetOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2011Restaurant not crowded yet ours salads didn't come and all waitress can say was I can get it to go. Imagine that!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2011The food was excellent and so too was the entertainment provided by the table chef as he cooked in-front of our party. Don't be dissuaded by the outside appearance of the restaurant. Inside it is calm and well designed and well worth a visit.Special Features:
- Excellent Japanese hibachiOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2011Oishi is one of the best value for money restaurants in Orlando. I recommend the hibachi tables and the combos. Food is perfectly cooked in front of you and the chefs go out of their way to make it entertaining. They juggle the spatulas make volcanos etc. Really a fun evening. The food quality is excellent. Every thing is fresh and cooked right in front of you to your liking. A must to visitors in Orlando if you like Japanese/ teppanyaki/hibachi style food.Special Features:
- Hidden Gem in OrlandoOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/15/2011In a city where everything is somewhat artificial, this is a great option for authentic Japanese food. Maitre and waiters are extremely corteous and speak Japanese to prove it :-)Special Features:
- We sat at the teppanyaki grill.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/4/2011We sat at the teppanyaki grill. Cooks were skilled and very entertaining. Food was delightful. Had a nice time.Special Features:
- Best teppanyaki we have tastedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/27/2011Best teppanyaki we have tasted in Florida. Kids loved it too.Special Features:
- Food was good, however notOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/19/2011Food was good, however not ideal for groups...too busy and we waited too long for refills.Special Features:
- Just What One Hopes For!MountainFoodieVIPDined on 3/19/2011A great and very friendly find in the Orlando / Sea World area. We made a reservation, it was graciously honored by a very pleasant and professional host. The food was exactly as we hoped with a great and entertaining chef!Special Features:
- The food was very good. IfOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/8/2011The food was very good. If you like sushi, this is a great place to visit. However, don't expect good service. We never saw our server after she took our order. A different server finally came with the bill. My drink was empty for at least 30 minutes and I was not offered another drink my anyone. There was no one in the restaurant except maybe 3 other tables so there was no excuse for the abysmal service.
- A little overhypedOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/1/2011Thought this place was just average. Been to a lot of Hibachi places around the country, and was hoping to have found something special based on the reviews. This place ranked about average, not bad but nothing great. It's located in a remote little strip mall. Staff was friendly, and had fun at the table they placed us at. Prices were reasonable. Not a place I'd have to eat at again.
- We had the sushi and it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/19/2011We had the sushi and it was very good and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Loved this restaurant! I wentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/13/2011Loved this restaurant! I went for my birthday and the ingredients were much much fresher than Ginza or Kobe. I will most likely come back again!Special Features:
- Not earth shattering, butTravisDined on 2/9/2011Not earth shattering, but pretty decent sushi and good grill man. Had a good time.Special Features:
- Not Your Average TeppanYakiOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/3/2011Oishi is in a non-descript strip mall, but don't let that fool you. This is a GREAT teppenyaki experience! We had at least 4 servers assisting with our meal, with all acting as one. Appetizers were unique and tasty. The chefs knife twirling was really entertaining I've seen many of the same in the past - this was not. The teppen sides were fresh and tasty. Food was expertly cooked and prepared. This is a great experience for couples, families, and friends alike.Special Features:
- Service ok. Food ok. GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/27/2010Service ok. Food ok. Good overall but not stellar. Some of our food was still frozen and the younger servers were not as attentive so the older staff was having to fill in.
- The food was great and thelovedisneyDined on 8/18/2010The food was great and the service was attentive. The only thing that I didn't like was the tip jar blatantly shown on the table for the teppanyaki chef. I have dined in many teppanyaki style japanese restaurant and this is the first time I have been shown a tip jar for the chef. I have often assumed that the tip is shared by the chef and waitstaff.
- Really good food. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/24/2009Really good food. Service was great, they answer any questions. Chefs are willing to take out or add pretty much anything to the food. Recommend to anyone who loves sushi, or wanting to try for the first time.Special Features:
- Very authentic. Very freshOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/20/2009Very authentic. Very fresh fish. Great service! Thanks!!!Special Features:
- We went to Oishi after a dayOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/16/2009We went to Oishi after a day at Sea World and enjoyed the food and service. It was a welcome distraction from park food fare.Special Features: