Oh Mamma Mia!
2324 Gulf Gate Dr
Sarasota, FL 34231Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Oh Mamma Mia!
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://ohmammamiarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9417062821x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:45pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm, Sunday: Closed, Monday: Private Cooking Classes Only
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Giuseppe Urbano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: 30% discounts on to go and catering.
- Entertainment: Live cooking show as you dine. See the chef cooking your meal and broadcasted live on a giant screen in a open kitchen atmophere.
A word from Oh Mamma Mia!
Authentic contemporaney Italian restaurant. Cooking show every night!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Oh Mamma Mia! - Best Restaurants in Sarasota ›
Oh Mamma Mia! reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)fit for foodies (16)special occasion (11)romantic (5)good for groups (4)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- REAL Italian!Anumber1perfectDined on 9/9/2014We had a perfect evening! Guisseppe cooked our meals to perfection. Try to return to this gem as often as possible, even though over an hour drive each way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ItalianfoodievivDined on 9/5/2014What a great find! Enjoyed watching Guissepe (owner & chef) prepare the dishes on the wide screen. The meals were delicious, good wine and attentive service. We shall return with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MG ReviewMGReviewVIPDined on 8/23/2014Nice ambiance, wonderful service and very tasty food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rock steadyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Been a couple of times.Veal is the best around.This trip tried the Grouper (olives and capers) was most delicious.I have got to get them to offer a refill on the coffee.This is a very good place to eat good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality foodFredDined on 8/16/2014Our waiter Joe was excellent and recommended a wine that all 6 of us at the table enjoyed. At $22 a bottle, it was a steal. I had the Pasta Giamberti which was done to perfection.Special Features:
- go go go for the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014Dinner was delicious;best veal this Brooklyn boy has had in Sarasota.Prices are fair. Although I question the $5.99 for the salad substitute and received such a tiny serving?That didn’t go with the rest of the meal.Service is very young and inexperienced.They need to clean the dirty dishes off the table and should have offered a refill on the coffee. The chef/owner works the room and was attentive,informative,and gracious.Special Features:
- disappointedloveyDined on 6/17/2014We have been there 2xs in the past and raved about it to our dear friends who have traveled quite a bit, love to cook, enjoy good food and wine. We ate there on a Tues. eve for a 6:30 reservation. Only 2 other tables filled that night. Regular, enjoyable to watch, friendly chef not on that night and one of the Savor Sarasota choices of entrees was no longer on menu. Our server was young girl totally lacking in personality. What really makes this a great place is when chef comes around to tables and suggests choices of food, wine, etc. Our friends did not say much as we were treating them but we were very disappointed and will not go back. Too many other good Italian restaurants in Sarasota with ambiance, and willing to please.
- Highlight of the areaPickyeaterDined on 6/13/2014Discovered this hidden gem a few months ago while visiting from Atlanta. It is at the top of our rotation of places we visit every time we return. The chef Gusieppe(?) is a pleasure to meet. He has a passion and talent for his chosen career. He loves to mingle with guests. The pasta is done perfectly, the catch of the day is fresh off the boat, seasoned to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open kitchenFoodieDined on 6/13/2014The owner is very hands on, friendly and wants to satisfy. Prices are very reasonable. The staff is very friendly and the service is excellent. Do try the cooking bar where you can watch it all come together. The chef is right there to make recommendations if needed. Overall, you will have a terrific meal at what you will think was a reasonable feeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great Food!RandyDined on 6/10/2014Mama Mias does many things right, great food at fair prices, wines for casual diners at reasonable prices and as always a great level of service to their guests. We have never been disappointed by the dining experience of this small neighborhood eatery. This is not an elegant dining experience if that's what you're looking for, just a great casual dinner amongst friends. The food is always a highlight and they will insure you are very pleased with everything. The salads are fresh and robust, the entrees are plenty big and then some. Take the whole family and enjoy a great meal.Special Features:
- Perfect for REALLY great food!MataeoDined on 6/7/2014Fortunately it is close by, a little local place that hopefully will get no bigger. The servers are VERY attentive and cordial, as is Giuseppe, the owner and his sous chef, both of which you can literally watch in action via closed circuit TV or just sitting at the bar (best seats in the house). Really annoying that they make great cooking look so easy! Everyone seems to go out of their way to please, especially serving up free and unexpected glasses of wine or a desert to die for. No question.....best food in Sarasota if you are serious about food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingnappDined on 6/7/2014This is not the authentic Oh Mamma Mia we remember when it opened. Now just average.
- great little Italian RestaurantmammaDined on 6/7/2014great food - Nice to be able to speak with owner - wait staff was a bit too attentiveSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014ENJOYED OUR FIRST DINNER AT Oh Mamma Mia. Sat in bar area, informal, not noisy. Would recommend, the food was excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/4/2014An OK local Italian restaurant. Not bad, but not great.
- Charming restaurantdiningfanDined on 5/30/2014Very good food. Chatted with Chef. Server was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 7 reviews are from the Oh Mamma Mia! reviews archive.
- Fantastic ItalianPUptonDined on 5/16/2014Delicious and especially flavorful food. Excellent service and unbelivably tasty and inexpensive house wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food/EntertaimentOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/14/2014Oh Mamma Mia not only has outstanding service, and food, but, the food preparation is visibly entertaining! The food preparation is shown on large screens inside the restaurant, so the freshness, and every order made individually is appreciated. End result however, is the food is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/2014The food was good, but we felt it was on the pricey side.Special Features:
- Always FantasticFoodAfficionadoDined on 5/3/2014We are often visitors to Sarasota and never make a trip down without visiting Chef Giuseppie and his friendly team. Once again, he over delivered for the 6 of is on Saturday night. Unique, authentic and absolutely delicious Italian food. Every dish we ordered was different and done to perfection and his red sauce especially is amazing. In a strip shopping center but with food that is the best you will have eaten! Enjoy the experience and you will not be disappointed! And an incredible value as an added feature!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- froggymanDined on 4/22/2014Giuseppi is a great host. The food is excellent, as is the service. It is a little pricey but not the sort of restaurant you go to every other week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/9/2014We had the pleasure of dining here previously during our holiday in Siesta Key. This year we invited friends, long time Sarasota seasonal residents, to Oh Mama Mia's. They had not been there before, but came away wondering how they had missed out on such a great place to have authentic Italian cuisine. Excellent food, comfortable ambience and attentive service - we have already made plans to dine here again next year.Special Features:
- Oh Mama Surprise!BobMDined on 4/4/2014We had heard from a couple in town about Oh Mam Mia's but had not tried it, so we used Open Table for a reservation. The experience was quite fun and the food was outstanding! We sat in the VIP seats at the counter so we had a full view of the Chef Urbano's skills. He is quite expert and charming. I like the family running the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.