Oh' Brian's On The Green
1300 Raritan Road
Clark, NJ 07066Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
Oh' Brian's On The Green
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ohbriansonthegreen.com/
- Phone: 7326699024x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30am - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Lawrence Talis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let us cater your next event or your everyday business lunches. We offer our catering services to all in the Union County area.
- Entertainment: Live acoustic music Friday & Saturday
A word from Oh' Brian's On The Green
Located in the heart of Clark at the Hyatt Hills Complex, Oh'Brian's on the Green is sure to provide an outstanding dining experience with our unique "Gastropub" menu that ranges from the traditional to the adventurous in a warm neighborhood pub atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Oh' Brian's On The Green reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (9)good for groups (7)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (5)neighborhood gem (5)kid-friendly (3)fit for foodies (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)special occasion (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Everything was greatMLopezVIPDined on 10/19/2014Everything was great...service was delightful. Server was accommodating without being annoyingI would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureZWagDined on 9/29/2014Have taken colleagues here several times after work and am never disappointed. Food far above normal bar/golf club fare (must try the PBLT - pork belly, lettuce, and tomato sandwich) paired up with an excellent beer and wine selection. Service is impeccable and the prices - more than reasonable. We'll be back here regularly, I'm sure.Special Features:
- Upscale yet casualZWagDined on 9/15/2014Great spot on a golf course with excellent burgers, salads, and more exciting entrees. Service was excellent and the food and drink selection and quality were both top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre all around....OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014Menu is limited, food is average at best, really not a place worth returning to for any reason, unless you plan to grab a drink only at the bar. Food was bland, service was OK.Special Features:
- Fun atmosphereElizasmithDined on 8/28/2014We had a lot of fun here. Hit some golf balls, had some drinks and ate good food. Really great spot to bring a group and just chill for the day. Definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ill be backEATSOUTALOTDined on 8/23/2014I have been before-where I found the pub food to be great. I went the entree route last night- lobster bisque was good; chicken special was not- my wife enjoyed the steak and my kid's ribs I would order again. It seemed a little pricey-compared to another Irish pub around the corner. I would come here every few times for a change and outdoor seating.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work Catch Up LunchBirdVIPDined on 8/14/2014Restaurant was the perfect place for a breezy summer day. Food was well portioned and tasty; service with a smile and the outside seating was perfect for the climate. Reasonable prices led everyone in my party to suggest coming backSpecial Features:
- MwalshMwalshDined on 7/18/2014Very good food burgers the best service not as good as it has been before. Had live music and it was good but a little too loud but can't wait to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No lunch crowd!!Luv2dineDined on 7/13/2014It was nice to come in without a wait for a really good lunch. Service was courteous and prompt. Food came out very quickly. Great spin in the chips instead of played out French fries. Yummy burgers!! Who knew they had brunch - must check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 40 reviews are from the Oh' Brian's On The Green reviews archive.
- Beware of changespetetsc73Dined on 6/18/2014Love Oh Brian's. The food is plentiful and tasty. But we have gone there many times. Wednesday is $5 burger night. At first that included potatoes- we were surprised to find out that now they are extra. Add $4.50 for potatoes and $2.50 for cheese and bacon and $5 burger is $12. Still a great place, but disappointed at the switchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time here and will come backOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 6/17/2014We love the ambiance of this place. This time we had better service but the fish and chips were in too much batter and the chicken fingers were a bit too greasy. Overall still a nice experience. Will go for the burgers next time!
- OK Neighborhood Pub jointFoodieVIPDined on 6/15/2014Would I say this place was great, no. Would I say it was good, yes. The service was fine, very friendly. Depending what you order, some dishes are better than others. It's a fine place, if you want to stay close to the neighborhood, the food is fine.Special Features:
- MwalshMwalshDined on 6/12/2014Great food great service. Can't wait to go back. Monster burgersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun placetaste1Dined on 6/11/2014the Oh' Brian's is on a golf course and the food is above par. The happy hour is a really happy for 3 hours. Interesting menu, I enjoy the burgers, they are big, juicy and served hot. The onion rings are well battered and taste is old school. Seated right away, unfortunately it was rainy so we opted to eat indoors. Next time let there be sun!!!!Special Features:
- Good food, view and musicOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 6/8/2014First time here and we arrived long before our reservation to go mini golfing first. I asked for an outdoor table and when we finished playing our table was already set up including crayons for the kids. The food was great, music was nice and just the right vloume and the view was wonderful and serene. Will be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AmbianceCarolynDined on 5/30/2014Looking over the golf course is a great way to enjoy a nice glass of wine along with some great teriyaki wings and burgers. Perfect for date night.Special Features:
- food goodfoodmavenDined on 5/30/2014The short ribs and duck were excellent. The crab cakes weren't good.Special Features:
- Disappointing BrunchSuzyVIPDined on 5/25/2014Went for brunch on Memorial Day week-end. The restaurant was mostly empty and the brunch was awful. Dried out, overcooked omelet and badly cooked poached eggs for eggs benedict. The sister restaurant/pub, O'Brian's Pour House in Fanwood is very good (but no brunch).Special Features:
- Great atmosphereMKW2013Dined on 5/23/2014Energetic and fun-not too loud. Food was excellent-a nice variety on the menu and not simply bar food-a little more gourmet than that! Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- repeat customerpetetsc73Dined on 5/14/2014Go to Oh Brians few times a month, Food and service always terrificSpecial Features:
- Would not reconmendpunkyDined on 5/14/2014Had a bad experience a week beofre this visit and said let's give it a second chance. Well second visit was worse! Cont. from bottom ran out of room.. Second visit.... My to go order was on the table before the drinks got to us. Chicken was raw sent it back, burger med/ rare was still bleeding. Other 2 med/ rare burgers were VERY welldone and dry! We were told there was a computer glitch. The server basically ignored us. I guess she was embarassed for the "GLITCH"
- Great Mother's day brunchgmb151Dined on 5/11/2014Went here with the family. Dining room is good size, just enough to keep the crowd decent. Food was spectacular and was worth the $35/head. Overall experience was good and the moms loved it, which is what counts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedEllenkVIPDined on 5/7/2014The experience was far from what we expected. Drinks were lousy and expensive. My husband ordered filet mignon ($30 dish) and the meat came burned. I ordered duck breast which the waiter recommended. And it also came burned and bitter. Overall, very disappointed and we know that nothing will make us come back to this place.
- geator510Dined on 4/28/2014Excellent as always! Went on poker night, and there were a few people who seemed out of control, but they were asked to quiet down, and they complied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- About the foodam43268Dined on 4/26/2014I felt the food was too much "South West" for my dietary needs. I feel they should have a menu which could benefit everyones needs. The abience was nice and so is the idea . Should have more Orgainc Chicken with out spices, Fish, with out spices. People should be able to have a choice. Once i was there i was kind of stuck eating spicy food which i s not great for my health issues. The service was good.Special Features:
- love oh brianspetetsc73Dined on 4/20/2014Went for Easter brunch Food, service great. Go there often Never disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outside relaxed mealSuzieQDined on 4/12/2014Enjoyable outside dining with definitely go back with a group of friends and the kids can play miniature golf while we eat. Very good food and very relaxed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice local sports style pubtaste1Dined on 4/12/2014The food was very good, the hamburgers excellent. Just one thing to correct the appetizers and the entrees need more coordination so they don't happen within minutes of each other. Secondly they were without 2 desserts but we weren't informed until we ordered the 2 missing ones. Otherwise I would have rated service a higher star.Special Features:
- Tried out this restaurantPattiDined on 4/8/2014Tried out this restaurant since I had a gift certificate. I really enjoyed it. The burger was great, it came with homemade potato chip fries or onion rings. To our delight, Tuesday was 2 for 1 draft beer night. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Wonderful serviceDiner15Dined on 4/4/2014We came as a group and were seated promptly. Our server was attentive and friendly. The food was well prepared and came out within a short period of time. Everyone at our table was happy with the dining experience. We would certainly come back and would recommend this restaurant to anyone that enjoys a good gastro pub.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love itpetetsc73Dined on 4/2/2014Go to oh brians often. Told friends and family- everyone loves it thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burgers and lite fareSkfmswVIPDined on 3/31/2014This is a fun casual place with a large bar and great burgers, salads and sandwiches. The rest of the dinner menu looks better than is tastes, and the wines by the glass are limited to mass market type. Bur the beers and cocktails were great, and really, the burgers are fantastic! It's not fine dining, but for a lite bite in the area, I definetly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Irish Pub FoodRonGDined on 3/29/2014Oh' Brian's On The Green was a very nice find. There have been several attempts at a restaurant at the Hyatt Hills Golf Course in Clark, NJ...I hope this one succeeds because we definitely will come back. The menu was great with a wide variety of Irish pub-type food. My group had a variety of sandwiches including chicken, blackened fish and the club sandwich. They were excellent and ample. The beer list is extensive. There were plenty of TV's tuned to sporting events and lots of activity. Oh, and the prices are more than affordable too. Stop by and I think you'll enjoy the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good standy....not fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014excellent burgers and potatos....service not great.....waitress was friendly but didn't stop by at all. took a while to get a drink; a while for it to come; a while to order. but the food came out very quick. I had a lamb dish over polenta. was tasty but very little lamb in it. i was still hungry after. had a fabulous gluten free pecan tarte.....everyone should try it; was delicious! would def go again for a quick night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night outCardinalDined on 3/14/2014Went to dinner prior to seeing the scheduled band The Knobs. Asked for and received a table with a good view of the band. Had a shrimp cocktail and Shrimp Fra Daviolo. The shrimp were a good size in both dishes. I wish I had asked for the Daviolo to be spicier but it was good regardless. The wife had a Rueben she stated it was good. Our server was attentive. The band was good. There was a good crowd and everyone seemed to be having a good time. At times I found it too loud to talk across the table and thought in between sets it would have been nice to have 20-30 minutes where the bar music was not so loud u had to talk over it. All in all our group had a fun night out and we wouldn't hesitate to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love itpetetsc73Dined on 3/8/2014Go here often. Will continue to visit great local hangoutSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place to go for beer and burgers!!!unioncountydinerDined on 3/8/2014The food is a little pricey but really good. They have the best hamburgers and have been very consistent. Live band on Saturday nights. Kids love the double nachos appetizer. We look forward to trying the Brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our group had hoped for aJPCJRDined on 3/1/2014Our group had hoped for a quieter less busy experience. We couldn't hear the person across the table. Children running around. We'll try it one more time on an off night and see what happens. We are an older more mature group looking for an enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is delishTanc25Dined on 2/20/2014I had the duck breast and it was wonderful. We went with a Groupon coupon and will definitely be back. Server was great !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Local/Casual RestaurantsreneeDined on 2/19/2014They were very busy as it was Wed. night with $5.00 burgers. We were a group of 8 and we waited way too long for our food. Salad order never got in until later so all food was brought out together. The salmon and veggies are wonderful and burgers are great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.