6263 Leland Way
Hollywood, CA 90028Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://offvine.com/
- Phone: (323) 962-1900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Thursday: 11:30am to 2:30pm; Friday till 3:00
Saturday & Sunday Brunch 10:30 to 2:30
Dinner: Monday: 5:30 to 9:30 Tuesday-Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Californian
- Executive Chef: Tony Hernandez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off -Site Catering available.
call 323-962-1900 and ask for Richard
- Private Party Facilities: Second floor dining room boasting 14" coffered ceilings, bathroom, and huge windows facing west and east, offering stunning views of the Hollywood Hills & Griffith Park Observatory, able to entertain up to 50 guests. First floor, private dining room, more intimate, for parties of up to 24. Bay window over looking the front porch and garden.
- Private Party Contact: Richard 323-962-1900x
- Special Events: 1/2 price Monday nights!
A word from Off Vine
It was in May of 1989 that we at Off Vine Restaurant first opened our broad oak door to the guests we have come to welcome as friends and family from around Hollywood and around the world. Our home was built in 1908 in the arts & crafts style, the hallmark of comfort and fine handicraft on a very human scale. We have taken the Arts & Crafts sensibility as our own. We serve California American cuisine with an homage to the comfort foods, unstinting portions and simple elegance of the finest home kitchens across the country. And we serve it for lunch, dinner and weekend brunch. Come enjoy us whatever mood you"re in: a cozy rendezvous by the fireplace, a friendly meal in our vine-wrapped outdoor garden or a celebration with all your friends and family in our private room upstairs with views of the Hollywood Hills and Griffith Park Observatory. Walking distance from the Pantages Theatre, the Arc-Light Theatres, and Palladium we are proud to be in the heart of HollywoodContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Off Vine - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
Off Vine reviews from OpenTable diners
175 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (138)neighborhood gem (114)romantic (91)special occasion (87)fit for foodies (81)great for brunch (60)great for lunch (56)good for groups (45)notable wine list (27)hot spot (11)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Good before theatre spotExPanAmDined on 11/22/2014We enjoyed lunch/brunch here on a sunny Saturday before a 2:00 show at the Pantages. The staff are careful to check to see if you are on your way to a show, and make sure you get there on time. Our cheeseburger and frittata were very good and presented nicely. Definitely worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely setting in a restored homeDeDeVIPDined on 11/21/2014This was our first time at Off the Vine and it was great. Good menu and service. Food was very good and we could walk to the Pantages. A historic old Craftsman Hollywood home that makes you feel cozy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming!JackieDined on 11/20/2014So enjoyed the quaint atmosphere as well as the food. Very accessible to the Pantages theatre, Montanbal theatre as well as the movies and Hollywood vibe even though just around a corner, tucked in a unique and cozy little house. I will certainly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014I asked for a table by the fireplace in my reservation. They gave the table to another group, which was upsetting. Other than that the ambiance was lovely and the service and food were fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food and ServiceMrsNewtonDined on 11/18/2014My friend and I had reservations here prior to seeing a show at Pantages. As we were coming up from Orange County in rush-hour traffic, we were about 30 minutes late. The amazing staff seated us right away (without judgement, by the way), served us quickly and were super-helpful and nice! AND the food was AMAZING! (Definitely try the veggie lasagna if you go!). Oh, and did we mention the amazing atmosphere of a 100+ year old home converted into a restaurant?! *SWOON* I wish this place was closer to where I lived because I would be a regular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Small Charming SpotRonniDined on 11/18/2014Off Vine is a small restaurant located in a converted house. It is charming with a varied menu and decent wine list. All of us in party of five ordered something different and really enjoyed our meal. The bread was too good and the chocolate soufflé was shared and enjoyed by all. It is close to the Pantages theater and a great spot to eat before the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dining experience before theaterCruiseHawkDined on 11/18/2014We arrived at Off Vine very late due to traffic. Our table for a party of six was waiting for us in front of the fire place. Our server, a talented actor named Gordon Asti, was totally aware of time pressure, and created a warm, friendly event. Each of our entrees were superb and delicious. An excellent bottle of Chardonnay added nicely. We have been to Off Vine several times and have never been disappointed. All the staff are engaged and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- paulVIPDined on 11/16/2014great place with indoor and outdoor dining. good for before or after the theatre.I would recommend this to a friend.
- TaborLnTaborLnVIPDined on 11/15/2014Whenever we are going to any theater in Hollywood, we prefer to eat at Off Vine. The setting is exceptional, as is the food. This particular night, the place seemed to be overbooked and there was no table available at the time of our reservation. An additional table was set up, but it was not easy an accomplishment. The server was exceptional. She knew that we were close to walking out, but she made every thing very nice for us. If the inside seating is full, then it can be very noisy...more than energetic. i would suggest that if you are going to the theater, that you book extra time. Reclaiming your car can take longer than you might expect because of the limited parking. I would continue to go back, as we have never experienced any problems in the past and it is just a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine off VineGuscoffierVIPDined on 11/14/2014First time at Off Vine in LA while in town for work. The restaurant is just a short walk from the W hotel downtown. At first view, I was a little concerned; the restaurant is a legacy home that has survived urban LA building up all around it, but in fact, it's a great space and includes a porch for outdoor dining. I met a friend who had recommended it based on 'homestyle' cooking and Off Vine certainly delivered, from the beet salad we started with to the Ahi tuna with mango salsa entree. Great choice if you're tired of trendy hotel food and tiny portions. I'll certainly visit again when I'm in LA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gemBUDDA7Dined on 11/13/2014We started eating at Off Vine many years ago every time we went to a show at Pantages. The food and atmosphere was so lovely and service so great. When they burned down i felt terrible and was so happy for the reopening. I love to take friends there who have never been, they are always so impressed. I have never been there for anything but dinner so i cant comment on brunch or lunch but i would imagine it is wonderful. A shinning star off the Blvd .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off Vine, is Off the hook!OffDHookDined on 11/11/2014Dining before going to the Pantages, we arrived to our table awaiting us. The host and server (Brenda) knew we were heading to the theatre after dinner, so our service moved along at a good pace. With a table near the fireplace, on this cool California evening, it could have been very easy to just forget about the theatre and instead just sit back and enjoy our dining experience a bit longer. A last, off we went to the theater, leaving our car at the restaurant lot and walking to the theatre, thus no need for double parking cost. Unfortunately, upon our return the $5 valet parking fee noted on the restaurant valet parking sign was actually $10. If there was anything wrong this evening it was the misrepresentation of the parking cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- zubieDined on 11/11/2014Everything was really good except that our table was near the kitchen and every waiter and busboy that walked by our table yelled out "CORNER", so it was very disturbing and not the least bit relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off Vine is an oldie but goodieSueLeeDined on 11/11/2014I have been coming to Off Vine of over 15 years and it never disappoints. The food is delicious and the soufflés are the best in town. When it's a sunny day out, sit outside, you feel as if you are far away from the city. But, on a gray day, enjoy the warmth of the house setting inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful placeMaddieDined on 11/9/2014What a great place for brunch before the theater! Food was wonderful!Special Features:
- Still going strong...caligirlDined on 11/8/2014I've been to Off Vine several times through the years, and it always is a lovely dining experience. The food is top-notch, the setting is so warm and comfy, and you can always get a real meal here -- none of this "small plate" trend that seems to be taking over LA restaurants! Thank you Off Vine for staying great through the years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice!!!AuntnettieDined on 11/8/2014Had a wonderful evening. Dinner before a show at the Pantages. Very short walk. Perfect! Chase our waiter was great! Very friendly and knowledgeable. Food was also great. I had the seafood Risotto. AMAZINGSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chase was awesome!RamonaDined on 11/8/2014The service was great and the food was awesome!! Chase created a air of fun and lightness. Chase recommend an amazing wine. The Filet Mignon and Sea Food Risotto were both stellar. The Chocolate Fudge Mousse, one word devine. The perfect first date. A gem in the heart of Hollywood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Off Vine!CapriceDined on 11/7/2014We discovered Off Vine at least 15 years ago when they provided the catering to a local charity party. Since then it has become our favorite for special times like anniversaries or entertaining close friends. The food is always amazing and the atmosphere is secret elegance. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite Pre-Pantages Eaterymusicaltheater4lifeDined on 11/4/2014Off Vine does it again! Our season tickets for the Pantages theater are in full swing and ever since discovering Off Vine a few years ago after a dreadful dining experience elsewhere, Off Vine is the only place we'll go now for our pre-show dining needs. Always prompt service, always delicious food and great atmosphere. I had the Chicken Marsala, my Mom had the special Eggplant soup and Blackened Tilapia (unblackened) with shrimp, and we split a half pumpkin/half chocolate souffle. Soooooo good! Get ready, we'll be back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foof enjoyment for an evening outenjoymentgaloreDined on 11/4/2014Off Vine is an excellent restaurant for theater goers.Special Features:
- Very satisfyingDateNightFoodiesDined on 11/4/2014The staff was very friendly. Our waiter was very knowledgable about the menu and honest. Took a while for refills, but staff was very supportive of each other and work very well as a team. I had seafood risotto. It had salmon, shrimp, and ahi. I think it was awesome without the ahi (put ahi to the side). They ran out of calamari on a Tuesday night, sad. But had tomato, basil, mozzarella appetizer, rocked. My mom had the salmon, but did not care for the mashed sweet potatoes. Soufflé was the best I've ever had!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theater dinner spotMamacat90807Dined on 11/1/2014We enjoy coming here for dinner before a show at the Pantages.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time at Off VinewlinefamDined on 11/1/2014Excellent service and food. Had 2 of their specials - zucchini/potato soup and blackened tilapia. Both great. Very accommodating about reservation changes. Good value for upscale dining. Was there early on a Friday night. very relaxing. Think we beat the theatre crowd. Don't miss the pumpkin soufflé.Special Features:
- Not for an upbeat celebrationmaxinesmealsDined on 11/1/2014Had a birthday celebration there with 5 girlfriends. Not a good choice since on weekends at lunchtime, only the brunch menu is available, not the lunch menu. So the choices were extremely limited; mainly breakfast stuff with egg dishes, pancakes, 2-3 salads, a sandwich or so and hamburger. We were all disappointed that there was really nothing we wanted to eat. BUT, the hamburger was delicious. Duck salad and shrimp salad just so-so. One lucky friend ordered steamed veggies off the menu and they were perfect. The wait staff was really gracious, restaurant wasn't crowded, so we had a great time, because we brought our party spirit with us. But I would not go back nor recommend it to anyone for a mid day weekend meal.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014it is a quaint restaurant hidden away. It is a quiet little retreat in the midst of the hustle and bustle of the city. Brunch was good, soufflé was amazing. Great service!Special Features:
- Delightful brunchtheaterjunkie13Dined on 10/26/2014Delicious homemade food, lovely décor, comfortable seating and charming service. Be sure to order the soufflé for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous as alwaysGigglesDined on 10/25/2014I've been to Off Vine numerous times and thought it would be a good place to take out of town company and my boyfriend. Everyone loved the ambiance and the food. The service was wonderful, the soufflé amazing. It's nice to know that even though it had been awhile, Off Vine is still holding true to their charm and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieVIPDined on 10/25/2014best restaurant if you're going to the Pantages; charming converteed house; varied menuSpecial Features:
- OutAndAboutDined on 10/25/2014Good drink, food, service and times had by all !!!Special Features:
- great patio!CraigBDined on 10/23/2014There aren't too many 'nice' outdoor eateries in Hollywood. This place never disappoints and the setting couldn't be nicer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem of a place in HollywoodStewartDined on 10/22/2014The little yellow house is an oasis in Hollywood's concrete jungle. The menu is diverse and everything we have ordered has been spot-on delicious. The wine list is admirable. The cocktail list is limited, but ample for a pre-dinner libation. Our only complaint is at 6:10pm the waiter told us about the soup of the day. At 6:30pm they were out of it! C'est la vie. The alternate selection was wonderful. Tip: If you "check in" on Facebook, you get a free souflet for dessert. This is the ideal pre-theatre spot for events at The Pantages Theatre. Park and have dinner at Off Vine, then walk a few blocks to the theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite Hollywood restaurantDiningQueenDined on 10/22/2014I am never disappointed when I go to Off Vine. The staff is very friendly and attentive, the daily specials are innovative, and every meal is a treat.Special Features:
- perfect before the Pantages!CCGallDined on 10/21/2014Love this cute little, old house that has been converted into an amazing little eatery! The food and service are always wonderful. Perfect place to park you car and eat a great meal before seeing a show at the Pantages. Then, you can avoid all that madness when the show lets out. Just walk a few blocks bacl to your car and you are off and running back home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemwoodgerbDined on 10/20/2014Loved this restaurant. My first time and it was lovely! Service spectacular. Food delicious and presentation terrific. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Bad Night?DMikDined on 10/18/2014Don't know if it was just a bad night or what but even the table next to us had bad food. We thought the table next to us was just being cranky when they complained about the quality of their food...until we received ours. My wife was literally unable to cut her tuna. The waiter couldn't cut it either. The waiter was great and it was a cool little place. The food was sub-par. My meal had good flavor but the shrimp was way overcooked.
- Hollywood TreasurebarbgDined on 10/16/2014We've been enjoying pre-theater dinners at Off Vine for years, except for being interrupted by the fire... SO happy the restaurant came back and is just as good as before. We had reservations, were greeted warmly and then seated immediately with our choice of outside on the latticed patio or inside the intimate homey atmosphere. It was a perfect evening to be outdoors, so we chose a table in the corner where as the sun set, little white lights added to our scene. The menu is extensive and delicious. You simply cannot go wrong at the Ivy. Walking distance to the Pantages and Valet parking complete the perfect evening spent in Hollywood.Special Features:
- A Hidden Hollywood Hideawaymusicaltheater4lifeDined on 10/15/2014Every time I come here, it has been a wonderful experience. As a Pantages Season ticket holder, we come down from Ventura County several times a year to see a show. Most of the restaurants in the Hollywood area are too commercial, crowded, or club themed. This place is a welcome breath of fresh air in an otherwise stifling downtown environment. Tucked away on a side street, away from the noise of the city bustle, is a charming little yellow house with trellises and climbing ivy. It's like walking into a friend's house for dinner. The ambiance is lovely. The service is fast, for those under showtime constrictions. The staff is friendly. The food is to die for. I took a friend here before we saw Jersey Boys and she loved it. We'll be back!Special Features:
- GemMazelDined on 10/12/2014This is a great place to go for any occasion. The service from the time we got there was excellent. They were able to accommodate all of our special dining needs. A must go to place when in HollywoodSpecial Features:
- Server RickBrunchdiningDined on 10/12/2014Your new server Rick was friendly, attentive and overall an outstanding waiter, not to mention the bus boys were continually filling up our water glasses. Loved dining their for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.