6263 Leland Way
Hollywood, CA 90028Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://offvine.com/
- Phone: 323-962-1900 x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Thursday: 11:30am to 2:30pm; Friday till 3:00
Saturday & Sunday Brunch 10:30 to 2:30
Dinner: Monday: 5:30 to 9:30 Tuesday-Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Californian
- Executive Chef: Tony Hernandez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off -Site Catering available.
call 323-962-1900 and ask for Richard
- Private Party Facilities: Second floor dining room boasting 14" coffered ceilings, bathroom, and huge windows facing west and east, offering stunning views of the Hollywood Hills & Griffith Park Observatory, able to entertain up to 50 guests. First floor, private dining room, more intimate, for parties of up to 24. Bay window over looking the front porch and garden.
- Private Party Contact: Richard 323-962-1900x
- Special Events: 1/2 price Monday nights!
A word from Off Vine
It was in May of 1989 that we at Off Vine Restaurant first opened our broad oak door to the guests we have come to welcome as friends and family from around Hollywood and around the world. Our home was built in 1908 in the arts & crafts style, the hallmark of comfort and fine handicraft on a very human scale. We have taken the Arts & Crafts sensibility as our own. We serve California American cuisine with an homage to the comfort foods, unstinting portions and simple elegance of the finest home kitchens across the country. And we serve it for lunch, dinner and weekend brunch. Come enjoy us whatever mood you"re in: a cozy rendezvous by the fireplace, a friendly meal in our vine-wrapped outdoor garden or a celebration with all your friends and family in our private room upstairs with views of the Hollywood Hills and Griffith Park Observatory. Walking distance from the Pantages Theatre, the Arc-Light Theatres, and Palladium we are proud to be in the heart of HollywoodContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Off Vine - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
Off Vine reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (127)neighborhood gem (97)romantic (81)special occasion (70)great for brunch (64)fit for foodies (53)great for lunch (48)good for groups (32)notable wine list (16)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (4)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Bad Night?OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Don't know if it was just a bad night or what but even the table next to us had bad food. We thought the table next to us was just being cranky when they complained about the quality of their food...until we received ours. My wife was literally unable to cut her tuna. The waiter couldn't cut it either. The waiter was great and it was a cool little place. The food was sub-par. My meal had good flavor but the shrimp was way overcooked.
- Hollywood TreasurebarbgDined on 10/16/2014We've been enjoying pre-theater dinners at Off Vine for years, except for being interrupted by the fire... SO happy the restaurant came back and is just as good as before. We had reservations, were greeted warmly and then seated immediately with our choice of outside on the latticed patio or inside the intimate homey atmosphere. It was a perfect evening to be outdoors, so we chose a table in the corner where as the sun set, little white lights added to our scene. The menu is extensive and delicious. You simply cannot go wrong at the Ivy. Walking distance to the Pantages and Valet parking complete the perfect evening spent in Hollywood.Special Features:
- A Hidden Hollywood Hideawaymusicaltheater4lifeDined on 10/15/2014Every time I come here, it has been a wonderful experience. As a Pantages Season ticket holder, we come down from Ventura County several times a year to see a show. Most of the restaurants in the Hollywood area are too commercial, crowded, or club themed. This place is a welcome breath of fresh air in an otherwise stifling downtown environment. Tucked away on a side street, away from the noise of the city bustle, is a charming little yellow house with trellises and climbing ivy. It's like walking into a friend's house for dinner. The ambiance is lovely. The service is fast, for those under showtime constrictions. The staff is friendly. The food is to die for. I took a friend here before we saw Jersey Boys and she loved it. We'll be back!Special Features:
- GemMazelDined on 10/12/2014This is a great place to go for any occasion. The service from the time we got there was excellent. They were able to accommodate all of our special dining needs. A must go to place when in HollywoodSpecial Features:
- Server RickBrunchdiningDined on 10/12/2014Your new server Rick was friendly, attentive and overall an outstanding waiter, not to mention the bus boys were continually filling up our water glasses. Loved dining their for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Santa Monica's VERY BEST! A++DisappointmentVIPDined on 10/10/2014Was visiting LA from Boston and made a special trip over to Santa Monica to see the sunset at the pier and then dinner. A wonderful evening, superb service and excellent food! A spectacular evening overall - loved the roof deck and wine selection! Will return, wish this gem was in Boston!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Pantages Dining FindCheers4LisaDined on 10/10/2014Apparently I'm late to know about this great little spot, but now that I've found it I will be back! Awesome pre-theatre dining!Special Features:
- Exceptional!FromPADined on 10/8/2014We visited Off Vine to entertain cousins who live outside of the city. We are lucky enough to be within walking distance. We requested outside dining, and Richard kindly obliged. We sat on the porch, surrounded by fall decorations and friendly ambience. Many diners were outside but none too close. Our server was polite and extremely efficient. In addition to the menu items, including vegan selections, there were 3 specials. Thanks to the many selections, we each ordered something different. I had a delicious seafood risotto. My daughter chose stuffed bell peppers and loved them. The vegan chicken was absolutely amazing, as was the sautéed tilapia. The vegetables were all fresh and full of flavor. Overall, Just a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before ConcertLoveagoodmealDined on 10/7/2014Great place to dine before concert at Hollywood Palladium. Service from Caleb was outstanding!Special Features:
- Off VineEllenDined on 10/6/2014It is delightful. It's located in a charming bungalow amidst the bustle of Hollywood. Small but inviting menu. Many vegetarian offerings. I recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best!MSTONEVIPDined on 10/5/2014We eat here whenever we come up to the theater. The owner is hands on and makes everyone feel like it's their own at home. Food is always perfect and my wife loves the eggs benedict.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average Food Good ServiceThomasDined on 10/4/2014The service was good but the food was average. The pork chop was over-cooked and dry and the risotto was too bland. However, the ambiance is great.Special Features:
- Great service and foodVickyannDined on 10/1/2014We booked for four on a mid-week evening. As such, it was quite quiet in the restaurant and we were able to sit outside. The outside patio is beautiful and very romantic in the evening. The food was excellent! The calamari and beet salad starter were excellent, our entrees were all very tasty as well. We ordered a chocolate souffle to share between the four of us and were really glad that we did. It was light and full of flavour. Our server was excellent. Very friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. We were also able to bring our own wine for a decent corkage fee and they were kind enough to decant it properly for us. Highly recommended. We'll be back!Special Features:
- GREAT BRUNCHNICE1DAVEVIPDined on 9/28/2014It's been a while since we had been to OFF VINE. We thought it was still closed from the fire a while back. But we were so pleasantly surprised that it was open and was brimming with business. Food was great, service great, great table - all and all it made for a very pleasant Sunday brunch indeed. We will be coming back soon! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/25/2014Great atmosphere, wonderful service, delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm an oil-free Vegan...MartyDined on 9/22/2014... and this is one of my few reliable choices when I am in the area. This place is a special little gem that has a varied menu which even includes delicious vegan options as well as delicious (or so I am told!) meat dishes. Service is friendly, professional and accommodating. Location is convenient to the center of Hollywood yet feels like you are insulated from the noise and congestion in this tranquil setting. They don't have a full bar, but the rice vodka is smooth and an excellent choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/21/2014AS always, Off Vine delivers. The consistently good-looking waitstaff is attentive and friendly. Try the fresh baked bunlets to satisfy the morning sweet tooth and move on something more savory like one of their egg dishes. I had a California omelet with avocado, bacon, cheese and a dab of sour cream . Indulge at the end with a soufflé (we had chocolate and Grand Marnier, which was delicious). Of course, it's cute, of course it's good, and of course there is valet!Special Features:
- Off Vine is a hidden treasureServalingoDined on 9/20/2014Walk the concrete jungle around Hollywood and Vine, and you'll find a plethora of chain restaurants and "seen to be seen", valet-parking required, check your self esteem at the door options. Off Vine is a treasure hidden on a side street--a Craftsman style home surrounded by mature trees and plants that lower the roar of traffic and easily convince you you're dining somewhere quaint and low key. Food options are plentiful--including vegetarian and vegan--and portions are large (probably the only thing we'd change is slightly less food!). Service is friendly, well-paced, and genuine. This is easily a place you could come back to again and again, where the servers know you by name because they like you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ServiceSouffleDined on 9/20/2014Food was amazing. Our server, Jared however was not. He barely checked up on us and when he did, he made it seem like he was doing you a favor. When it was time to bring out the cake, he brought it out like a piece of bread and did not even offer to bring a knife, or much less greet the celebrant a happy birthday. He was very unwelcoming and definitely needs training. We wanted to order more desserts and alcohol after that but decided not to because we didn't want to deal with his attitude. Worst service for a beautiful restaurant. Thank you, Jared for terrible birthday memory.Special Features:
- Favorite Hollywood HideawayWeHoChrisDined on 9/10/2014OFF VINE is great--a hidden gem. The food is always good, as is service. And it always feels like a special occasion.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable evening and dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014This is a great pre- and post-theater or anytime restaurant in a beautiful old bungalo, making it a special place to go and we were a group of six! The patio is perfect for warm summer nights and the service excellent. The calamari and duck sausage were tasty starters, with the salmon, chicken dishes, filet mignon also being pretty good. Can't say the same for the tuna. The heavy, sweet sauce with macademia nuts just didn't work for me. Portions are large and the wine list was okay.Special Features:
- Romantic get awaydarleneDined on 9/6/2014lovely spot to get away - I thought the food was great, my husband was a little pickier (but he usually is). we will definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ideal date spotPTalentiVIPDined on 8/30/2014I hadn't been to Off Vine in years and was so delighted to discover it hadn't changed: very good food, welcoming staff and the warmest, and such a romantic setting, especially on the front patio. If you'd like a night out with your loved one dining in a beautifully appointed, classic California bungalow, then this is the spot.Special Features:
- Absolutely charming. Excellent foodLove2eatDined on 8/29/2014What a find! Absolutely charming and very romantic. The laid back vibe, excellent service and delicious food is just the beginning. Servers were attentive but not intrusive. The calamari was THE BEST calamari I have EVER had. We lingered in the enchanting alfresco dining area for over 2 hours. This place is a real gem. The Filet Mignon was exquisite! My husband and I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Pre-Show DinnergochisoVIPDined on 8/28/2014I love the house converted into a restaurant idea. Sitting on the porch felt homey and warm; very much like a quaint B&B. We let our waiter know that we had tickets to the Pantages (just 3 walking blocks away) and they were very accommodating without feeling rushed. We split a delicious mushroom salad and a pasta dish (also yummy). Passed on dessert because we wanted to get to the theater and regretted that we didn't make our reservation for earlier because the desserts looked fabulous. Will definitely return when we have more time to enjoy the ambiance and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great before a show at pantagesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014Great quiet restaurant with good food within walking distance of Pantages Theatre. Will visit again before next show I go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time the charmTomBVIPDined on 8/25/2014Terrific as always. What dining should be - close to a home cooked meal because of the ambience of a mansion.Special Features:
- skiing2ChefSkiing2ChefDined on 8/22/2014Great location, old town charm, food simple but great taste and presented perfectlySpecial Features:
- Like the Hamptons in HollywoodJohnnyStrangerDined on 8/21/2014Beautiful garden patio provided an absolutely lovely ambiance and and excellent overall dining experience. My blackened chicken salad was terribly boring..I feel I simply made a poor choice, and assume most of the food to be more enjoyable. My date loved her stuffed peppers salad. I'll be back for the environment and hope another dish is more satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food for foodies!!!luvtodanceanddineDined on 8/17/2014Great food and ambiance and really huge portions!!! And love the variety of selections! A great find in the craziness of Hollywood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JinkyDined on 8/17/2014We were very happy with the service. We went for brunch for my boyfriend's birthday. When we checked-in for our reserved table, the host wished my boyfriend a happy birthday--that was a very nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- city oasisLAnativeDined on 8/16/2014The house and garden make for a relaxing get-away in the middle of town. Convenient $5 valet. We tried the steak, fish and pasta entres which were all prepared well but nothing spectacular. Souffle deserts are very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmospherelkcreevesDined on 8/15/2014This is a cute restaurant that once was a house. It's great if you are in Hollywood to see a play. I wasn't thrilled with the food though. It was ok but not fantastic. The portions were large. I had a special shrimp fettucine and my friend had the tilapia which she didn't like at all. I might try it again because it's so cute and try a different item.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerJecasmithDined on 8/10/2014We ate dinner there after seeing a play. We sat outside which was delightful. There were five of us and we all loved the food and service. This was our second visit to the restaurant and we will be back.Special Features:
- Pre theater hit!JonCSDRDined on 8/9/2014This is a great place to have brunch prior to a matinee performance at the the Pantages - the food is delicious and plentiful!Special Features:
- Perfect for theater eventPearlDined on 8/9/2014Food, ambience and service are great. It's a treat to dine in an old home environment, especially on the patio, al fresco! Benefit is that you can walk to Pantages, just allow at least 20 minutes to walk to theater at a leisurely pace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved our dinnerOCtravelerDined on 8/8/2014My friend and I went here before the show at Pantages. We were able to walk over so that is a plus. I had the pecan chicken with perfect mash potatoes and green beans. My friend had the pork chop. Both dishes were great. I can see how a foodie that likes trendy food would rate this place lower but for me I like a good hearty meal that taste great and is not weird, trendy or fusion like! The souffle's were tasty and we had no problem getting them after our meal, just order them early. The waiters were very attentive. Maybe they are working improving their customer service in light of previous reviews. I would go again in a heart beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incomparable SettingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2014Off Vine is my favorite restaurant in Hollywood besides Miceli's. Beautiful setting, great service and good food with reasonable pricing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming Patio with souffles!alohagourmetVIPDined on 8/5/2014We enjoyed lunch here. The patio was charming and offered small areas that helped you forget you are a few blocks away from the Hollywood madness. They have souffles! Yes, plural choices for flavors. I couldn't decide so they offered to make it a 50/50 of chocolate/raspberry. Fantastic!Special Features:
- The wonderful Off Vine restaurant!fishyphilDined on 7/29/2014The food is incredible, the ambiance relaxed, the wait staff terrific, and don't leave without having one of their unbelievable souffles!! A favorite for years!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.