6263 Leland Way
Hollywood, CA 90028Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://offvine.com/
- Phone: 323-962-1900 x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Thursday: 11:30am to 2:30pm; Friday till 3:00
Saturday & Sunday Brunch 10:30 to 2:30
Dinner: Monday: 5:30 to 9:30 Tuesday-Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Californian
- Executive Chef: Tony Hernandez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off -Site Catering available.
call 323-962-1900 and ask for Richard
- Private Party Facilities: Second floor dining room boasting 14" coffered ceilings, bathroom, and huge windows facing west and east, offering stunning views of the Hollywood Hills & Griffith Park Observatory, able to entertain up to 50 guests. First floor, private dining room, more intimate, for parties of up to 24. Bay window over looking the front porch and garden.
- Private Party Contact: Richard 323-962-1900x
- Special Events: 1/2 price Monday nights!
A word from Off Vine
It was in May of 1989 that we at Off Vine Restaurant first opened our broad oak door to the guests we have come to welcome as friends and family from around Hollywood and around the world. Our home was built in 1908 in the arts & crafts style, the hallmark of comfort and fine handicraft on a very human scale. We have taken the Arts & Crafts sensibility as our own. We serve California American cuisine with an homage to the comfort foods, unstinting portions and simple elegance of the finest home kitchens across the country. And we serve it for lunch, dinner and weekend brunch. Come enjoy us whatever mood you"re in: a cozy rendezvous by the fireplace, a friendly meal in our vine-wrapped outdoor garden or a celebration with all your friends and family in our private room upstairs with views of the Hollywood Hills and Griffith Park Observatory. Walking distance from the Pantages Theatre, the Arc-Light Theatres, and Palladium we are proud to be in the heart of HollywoodContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Off Vine - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
Off Vine reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (130)neighborhood gem (91)romantic (85)great for brunch (70)special occasion (69)great for lunch (52)fit for foodies (48)good for groups (30)notable wine list (15)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (6)scenic view (5)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- GREAT BRUNCHNICE1DAVEVIPDined on 9/28/2014It's been a while since we had been to OFF VINE. We thought it was still closed from the fire a while back. But we were so pleasantly surprised that it was open and was brimming with business. Food was great, service great, great table - all and all it made for a very pleasant Sunday brunch indeed. We will be coming back soon! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/25/2014Great atmosphere, wonderful service, delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm an oil-free Vegan...MartyDined on 9/22/2014... and this is one of my few reliable choices when I am in the area. This place is a special little gem that has a varied menu which even includes delicious vegan options as well as delicious (or so I am told!) meat dishes. Service is friendly, professional and accommodating. Location is convenient to the center of Hollywood yet feels like you are insulated from the noise and congestion in this tranquil setting. They don't have a full bar, but the rice vodka is smooth and an excellent choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/21/2014AS always, Off Vine delivers. The consistently good-looking waitstaff is attentive and friendly. Try the fresh baked bunlets to satisfy the morning sweet tooth and move on something more savory like one of their egg dishes. I had a California omelet with avocado, bacon, cheese and a dab of sour cream . Indulge at the end with a soufflé (we had chocolate and Grand Marnier, which was delicious). Of course, it's cute, of course it's good, and of course there is valet!Special Features:
- Off Vine is a hidden treasureServalingoDined on 9/20/2014Walk the concrete jungle around Hollywood and Vine, and you'll find a plethora of chain restaurants and "seen to be seen", valet-parking required, check your self esteem at the door options. Off Vine is a treasure hidden on a side street--a Craftsman style home surrounded by mature trees and plants that lower the roar of traffic and easily convince you you're dining somewhere quaint and low key. Food options are plentiful--including vegetarian and vegan--and portions are large (probably the only thing we'd change is slightly less food!). Service is friendly, well-paced, and genuine. This is easily a place you could come back to again and again, where the servers know you by name because they like you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ServiceSouffleDined on 9/20/2014Food was amazing. Our server, Jared however was not. He barely checked up on us and when he did, he made it seem like he was doing you a favor. When it was time to bring out the cake, he brought it out like a piece of bread and did not even offer to bring a knife, or much less greet the celebrant a happy birthday. He was very unwelcoming and definitely needs training. We wanted to order more desserts and alcohol after that but decided not to because we didn't want to deal with his attitude. Worst service for a beautiful restaurant. Thank you, Jared for terrible birthday memory.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable evening and dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014This is a great pre- and post-theater or anytime restaurant in a beautiful old bungalo, making it a special place to go and we were a group of six! The patio is perfect for warm summer nights and the service excellent. The calamari and duck sausage were tasty starters, with the salmon, chicken dishes, filet mignon also being pretty good. Can't say the same for the tuna. The heavy, sweet sauce with macademia nuts just didn't work for me. Portions are large and the wine list was okay.Special Features:
- Romantic get awaydarleneDined on 9/6/2014lovely spot to get away - I thought the food was great, my husband was a little pickier (but he usually is). we will definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ideal date spotPTalentiVIPDined on 8/30/2014I hadn't been to Off Vine in years and was so delighted to discover it hadn't changed: very good food, welcoming staff and the warmest, and such a romantic setting, especially on the front patio. If you'd like a night out with your loved one dining in a beautifully appointed, classic California bungalow, then this is the spot.Special Features:
- Absolutely charming. Excellent foodLove2eatDined on 8/29/2014What a find! Absolutely charming and very romantic. The laid back vibe, excellent service and delicious food is just the beginning. Servers were attentive but not intrusive. The calamari was THE BEST calamari I have EVER had. We lingered in the enchanting alfresco dining area for over 2 hours. This place is a real gem. The Filet Mignon was exquisite! My husband and I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Pre-Show DinnergochisoVIPDined on 8/28/2014I love the house converted into a restaurant idea. Sitting on the porch felt homey and warm; very much like a quaint B&B. We let our waiter know that we had tickets to the Pantages (just 3 walking blocks away) and they were very accommodating without feeling rushed. We split a delicious mushroom salad and a pasta dish (also yummy). Passed on dessert because we wanted to get to the theater and regretted that we didn't make our reservation for earlier because the desserts looked fabulous. Will definitely return when we have more time to enjoy the ambiance and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great before a show at pantagesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014Great quiet restaurant with good food within walking distance of Pantages Theatre. Will visit again before next show I go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time the charmTomBVIPDined on 8/25/2014Terrific as always. What dining should be - close to a home cooked meal because of the ambience of a mansion.Special Features:
- skiing2ChefSkiing2ChefDined on 8/22/2014Great location, old town charm, food simple but great taste and presented perfectlySpecial Features:
- Like the Hamptons in HollywoodJohnnyStrangerDined on 8/21/2014Beautiful garden patio provided an absolutely lovely ambiance and and excellent overall dining experience. My blackened chicken salad was terribly boring..I feel I simply made a poor choice, and assume most of the food to be more enjoyable. My date loved her stuffed peppers salad. I'll be back for the environment and hope another dish is more satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food for foodies!!!luvtodanceanddineDined on 8/17/2014Great food and ambiance and really huge portions!!! And love the variety of selections! A great find in the craziness of Hollywood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JinkyDined on 8/17/2014We were very happy with the service. We went for brunch for my boyfriend's birthday. When we checked-in for our reserved table, the host wished my boyfriend a happy birthday--that was a very nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- city oasisLAnativeDined on 8/16/2014The house and garden make for a relaxing get-away in the middle of town. Convenient $5 valet. We tried the steak, fish and pasta entres which were all prepared well but nothing spectacular. Souffle deserts are very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmospherelkcreevesDined on 8/15/2014This is a cute restaurant that once was a house. It's great if you are in Hollywood to see a play. I wasn't thrilled with the food though. It was ok but not fantastic. The portions were large. I had a special shrimp fettucine and my friend had the tilapia which she didn't like at all. I might try it again because it's so cute and try a different item.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerJecasmithDined on 8/10/2014We ate dinner there after seeing a play. We sat outside which was delightful. There were five of us and we all loved the food and service. This was our second visit to the restaurant and we will be back.Special Features:
- Pre theater hit!JonCSDRDined on 8/9/2014This is a great place to have brunch prior to a matinee performance at the the Pantages - the food is delicious and plentiful!Special Features:
- Perfect for theater eventPearlDined on 8/9/2014Food, ambience and service are great. It's a treat to dine in an old home environment, especially on the patio, al fresco! Benefit is that you can walk to Pantages, just allow at least 20 minutes to walk to theater at a leisurely pace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved our dinnerOCtravelerDined on 8/8/2014My friend and I went here before the show at Pantages. We were able to walk over so that is a plus. I had the pecan chicken with perfect mash potatoes and green beans. My friend had the pork chop. Both dishes were great. I can see how a foodie that likes trendy food would rate this place lower but for me I like a good hearty meal that taste great and is not weird, trendy or fusion like! The souffle's were tasty and we had no problem getting them after our meal, just order them early. The waiters were very attentive. Maybe they are working improving their customer service in light of previous reviews. I would go again in a heart beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incomparable SettingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2014Off Vine is my favorite restaurant in Hollywood besides Miceli's. Beautiful setting, great service and good food with reasonable pricing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming Patio with souffles!alohagourmetVIPDined on 8/5/2014We enjoyed lunch here. The patio was charming and offered small areas that helped you forget you are a few blocks away from the Hollywood madness. They have souffles! Yes, plural choices for flavors. I couldn't decide so they offered to make it a 50/50 of chocolate/raspberry. Fantastic!Special Features:
- The wonderful Off Vine restaurant!fishyphilDined on 7/29/2014The food is incredible, the ambiance relaxed, the wait staff terrific, and don't leave without having one of their unbelievable souffles!! A favorite for years!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Restaurant Should BeTomBVIPDined on 7/28/2014My friend and I had an awesome birthday dinner last night and everything was just excellent- my special linguini with shrimp is still lingering in my taste buds and Deb had the pecan chicken for the second time and relished it. Our server Kirk was outstanding, as was the woman we had the first time we went, and the attentive bus boys and other staff are so professional. Very attentive but never intrusive. When a restaurant stands out it’s important to acknowledge the effort so I wanted to let you know.Special Features:
- wonderful experiencesamsam1Dined on 7/27/2014Food was great. We sat outside. It was so peaceful. Very pretty. Could have sat there for hours with a few glasses of wine! Very nice people. Great vegan options. Waiter asked if we were going somewhere after and kept in mind we had a schedule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobertDined on 7/27/2014Always make a point of having at least 1 meal at Off Vine when in LA. Would recommend to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JS6249Dined on 7/26/2014Great place. I come here every time I come up and go to the Pantages. I have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uniquely elegantnapatasterDined on 7/26/2014I had eaten at Off Vine a few times prior, but it had been 5+ years. The food continues to meet my expectations and the ambiance was superb. Friendly staff all around. We went there before a matinee at the Pantages, which I have done in the past and when you let them know, they make sure you are out at an appropriate time. I would highly recommend this restaurant...it is a quaint little house that is in the middle of the hustle and bustle that is LA. It is nice to feel like you are not in the middle of LA, but rather in a tranquil little getaway that is Off Vine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyfoodieDined on 7/24/2014Off Vine was as I remembered, a lovely spot in an otherwise frenetic, bustling city. Great service, cute waiters ;) The food was very good. Not knock-my-socks-off-great, but good. Bread was great! Would we go back? Yes!Special Features:
- different nice ambience good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/23/2014unique place nice food friendly staff, reasonable price will recommend to my friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre theater dinnerVenezianDined on 7/22/2014This is a great little restaurant to have dinner at before the show. Just let them know you're going to the 8pm show and they will accommodate you. Its an easy walk to the Pantages.Special Features:
- Great everything but foodRomaticVIPDined on 7/20/2014Oh we loved the ambience, the generous wine pours and the service. The problem was the food. We both ordered seafood dishes and were both disappointed because the seafood was overdone. Also, there was a lack of seasoning, SALT, in everything.Special Features:
- BarbieDined on 7/20/2014We were immediately asked if we were going to the theater. We were and therefore they made the special effort to accommodate us. The service and food was outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch findVickyannDined on 7/20/2014Came here for Sunday brunch with my in-laws. A great choice: perfect setting, lovely atmosphere and good food. Their famous souffles are definitely worth a try, even if they take 35 mins to make. The only downside was our server: she didn't seem to be quite with it. Sadly, she forgot to read us the specials and then continually kept forgetting parts of our orders. Overall, a great food experience let down a little by the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodSpiritTouristVIPDined on 7/19/2014Been going to this charming restaurant for many years and it is always good food and great ambiance. Service is friendly and prompt Always leave very satisfied. A bit on the pricey side but worth it. Do try the soufflé; mixed chocolate and Grand Marnier is our favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014Great for dining before theater performances at the Pantages. We go there for brunch and enjoy being able to eat outside in a charming garden/cottage environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hidden Gem!SMDinerVIPDined on 7/17/2014First time here and we really enjoyed it! Perfect before a show at Pantages. For an extra fee, you can leave your car at the Valet and walk to the theater, but it is a bit of a walk. We felt right at home. The food was great, portions were generous and the staff was very attentive. I am sure we will be back.....👍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.