6263 Leland Way
Hollywood, CA 90028Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://offvine.com/
- Phone: 323-962-1900 x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Thursday: 11:30am to 2:30pm; Friday till 3:00
Saturday & Sunday Brunch 10:30 to 2:30
Dinner: Monday: 5:30 to 9:30 Tuesday-Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Californian
- Executive Chef: Tony Hernandez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off -Site Catering available.
call 323-962-1900 and ask for Richard
- Private Party Facilities: Second floor dining room boasting 14" coffered ceilings, bathroom, and huge windows facing west and east, offering stunning views of the Hollywood Hills & Griffith Park Observatory, able to entertain up to 50 guests. First floor, private dining room, more intimate, for parties of up to 24. Bay window over looking the front porch and garden.
- Private Party Contact: Richard 323-962-1900x
- Special Events: 1/2 price Monday nights!
A word from Off Vine
It was in May of 1989 that we at Off Vine Restaurant first opened our broad oak door to the guests we have come to welcome as friends and family from around Hollywood and around the world. Our home was built in 1908 in the arts & crafts style, the hallmark of comfort and fine handicraft on a very human scale. We have taken the Arts & Crafts sensibility as our own. We serve California American cuisine with an homage to the comfort foods, unstinting portions and simple elegance of the finest home kitchens across the country. And we serve it for lunch, dinner and weekend brunch. Come enjoy us whatever mood you"re in: a cozy rendezvous by the fireplace, a friendly meal in our vine-wrapped outdoor garden or a celebration with all your friends and family in our private room upstairs with views of the Hollywood Hills and Griffith Park Observatory. Walking distance from the Pantages Theatre, the Arc-Light Theatres, and Palladium we are proud to be in the heart of HollywoodContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Off Vine - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
Off Vine reviews from OpenTable diners
179 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (146)neighborhood gem (106)romantic (105)special occasion (85)great for brunch (83)great for lunch (61)fit for foodies (51)good for groups (34)notable wine list (20)late-night find (10)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (8)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Ideal date spotPTalentiVIPDined on 8/30/2014I hadn't been to Off Vine in years and was so delighted to discover it hadn't changed: very good food, welcoming staff and the warmest, and such a romantic setting, especially on the front patio. If you'd like a night out with your loved one dining in a beautifully appointed, classic California bungalow, then this is the spot.Special Features:
- Absolutely charming. Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014What a find! Absolutely charming and very romantic. The laid back vibe, excellent service and delicious food is just the beginning. Servers were attentive but not intrusive. The calamari was THE BEST calamari I have EVER had. We lingered in the enchanting alfresco dining area for over 2 hours. This place is a real gem. The Filet Mignon was exquisite! My husband and I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Pre-Show DinnergochisoVIPDined on 8/28/2014I love the house converted into a restaurant idea. Sitting on the porch felt homey and warm; very much like a quaint B&B. We let our waiter know that we had tickets to the Pantages (just 3 walking blocks away) and they were very accommodating without feeling rushed. We split a delicious mushroom salad and a pasta dish (also yummy). Passed on dessert because we wanted to get to the theater and regretted that we didn't make our reservation for earlier because the desserts looked fabulous. Will definitely return when we have more time to enjoy the ambiance and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great before a show at pantagesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014Great quiet restaurant with good food within walking distance of Pantages Theatre. Will visit again before next show I go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time the charmTomBVIPDined on 8/25/2014Terrific as always. What dining should be - close to a home cooked meal because of the ambience of a mansion.Special Features:
- skiing2ChefSkiing2ChefDined on 8/22/2014Great location, old town charm, food simple but great taste and presented perfectlySpecial Features:
- Like the Hamptons in HollywoodJohnnyStrangerDined on 8/21/2014Beautiful garden patio provided an absolutely lovely ambiance and and excellent overall dining experience. My blackened chicken salad was terribly boring..I feel I simply made a poor choice, and assume most of the food to be more enjoyable. My date loved her stuffed peppers salad. I'll be back for the environment and hope another dish is more satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food for foodies!!!luvtodanceanddineDined on 8/17/2014Great food and ambiance and really huge portions!!! And love the variety of selections! A great find in the craziness of Hollywood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JinkyDined on 8/17/2014We were very happy with the service. We went for brunch for my boyfriend's birthday. When we checked-in for our reserved table, the host wished my boyfriend a happy birthday--that was a very nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- city oasisLAnativeDined on 8/16/2014The house and garden make for a relaxing get-away in the middle of town. Convenient $5 valet. We tried the steak, fish and pasta entres which were all prepared well but nothing spectacular. Souffle deserts are very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmospherelkcreevesDined on 8/15/2014This is a cute restaurant that once was a house. It's great if you are in Hollywood to see a play. I wasn't thrilled with the food though. It was ok but not fantastic. The portions were large. I had a special shrimp fettucine and my friend had the tilapia which she didn't like at all. I might try it again because it's so cute and try a different item.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerJecasmithDined on 8/10/2014We ate dinner there after seeing a play. We sat outside which was delightful. There were five of us and we all loved the food and service. This was our second visit to the restaurant and we will be back.Special Features:
- Pre theater hit!JonCSDRDined on 8/9/2014This is a great place to have brunch prior to a matinee performance at the the Pantages - the food is delicious and plentiful!Special Features:
- Perfect for theater eventPearlDined on 8/9/2014Food, ambience and service are great. It's a treat to dine in an old home environment, especially on the patio, al fresco! Benefit is that you can walk to Pantages, just allow at least 20 minutes to walk to theater at a leisurely pace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved our dinnerOCtravelerDined on 8/8/2014My friend and I went here before the show at Pantages. We were able to walk over so that is a plus. I had the pecan chicken with perfect mash potatoes and green beans. My friend had the pork chop. Both dishes were great. I can see how a foodie that likes trendy food would rate this place lower but for me I like a good hearty meal that taste great and is not weird, trendy or fusion like! The souffle's were tasty and we had no problem getting them after our meal, just order them early. The waiters were very attentive. Maybe they are working improving their customer service in light of previous reviews. I would go again in a heart beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incomparable SettingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2014Off Vine is my favorite restaurant in Hollywood besides Miceli's. Beautiful setting, great service and good food with reasonable pricing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming Patio with souffles!alohagourmetVIPDined on 8/5/2014We enjoyed lunch here. The patio was charming and offered small areas that helped you forget you are a few blocks away from the Hollywood madness. They have souffles! Yes, plural choices for flavors. I couldn't decide so they offered to make it a 50/50 of chocolate/raspberry. Fantastic!Special Features:
- The wonderful Off Vine restaurant!fishyphilDined on 7/29/2014The food is incredible, the ambiance relaxed, the wait staff terrific, and don't leave without having one of their unbelievable souffles!! A favorite for years!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Restaurant Should BeTomBVIPDined on 7/28/2014My friend and I had an awesome birthday dinner last night and everything was just excellent- my special linguini with shrimp is still lingering in my taste buds and Deb had the pecan chicken for the second time and relished it. Our server Kirk was outstanding, as was the woman we had the first time we went, and the attentive bus boys and other staff are so professional. Very attentive but never intrusive. When a restaurant stands out it’s important to acknowledge the effort so I wanted to let you know.Special Features:
- wonderful experiencesamsam1Dined on 7/27/2014Food was great. We sat outside. It was so peaceful. Very pretty. Could have sat there for hours with a few glasses of wine! Very nice people. Great vegan options. Waiter asked if we were going somewhere after and kept in mind we had a schedule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobertDined on 7/27/2014Always make a point of having at least 1 meal at Off Vine when in LA. Would recommend to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JS6249Dined on 7/26/2014Great place. I come here every time I come up and go to the Pantages. I have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uniquely elegantnapatasterDined on 7/26/2014I had eaten at Off Vine a few times prior, but it had been 5+ years. The food continues to meet my expectations and the ambiance was superb. Friendly staff all around. We went there before a matinee at the Pantages, which I have done in the past and when you let them know, they make sure you are out at an appropriate time. I would highly recommend this restaurant...it is a quaint little house that is in the middle of the hustle and bustle that is LA. It is nice to feel like you are not in the middle of LA, but rather in a tranquil little getaway that is Off Vine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyfoodieDined on 7/24/2014Off Vine was as I remembered, a lovely spot in an otherwise frenetic, bustling city. Great service, cute waiters ;) The food was very good. Not knock-my-socks-off-great, but good. Bread was great! Would we go back? Yes!Special Features:
- different nice ambience good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/23/2014unique place nice food friendly staff, reasonable price will recommend to my friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre theater dinnerVenezianDined on 7/22/2014This is a great little restaurant to have dinner at before the show. Just let them know you're going to the 8pm show and they will accommodate you. Its an easy walk to the Pantages.Special Features:
- Great everything but foodRomaticVIPDined on 7/20/2014Oh we loved the ambience, the generous wine pours and the service. The problem was the food. We both ordered seafood dishes and were both disappointed because the seafood was overdone. Also, there was a lack of seasoning, SALT, in everything.Special Features:
- BarbieDined on 7/20/2014We were immediately asked if we were going to the theater. We were and therefore they made the special effort to accommodate us. The service and food was outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch findVickyannDined on 7/20/2014Came here for Sunday brunch with my in-laws. A great choice: perfect setting, lovely atmosphere and good food. Their famous souffles are definitely worth a try, even if they take 35 mins to make. The only downside was our server: she didn't seem to be quite with it. Sadly, she forgot to read us the specials and then continually kept forgetting parts of our orders. Overall, a great food experience let down a little by the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodSpiritTouristVIPDined on 7/19/2014Been going to this charming restaurant for many years and it is always good food and great ambiance. Service is friendly and prompt Always leave very satisfied. A bit on the pricey side but worth it. Do try the soufflé; mixed chocolate and Grand Marnier is our favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014Great for dining before theater performances at the Pantages. We go there for brunch and enjoy being able to eat outside in a charming garden/cottage environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hidden Gem!SMDinerVIPDined on 7/17/2014First time here and we really enjoyed it! Perfect before a show at Pantages. For an extra fee, you can leave your car at the Valet and walk to the theater, but it is a bit of a walk. We felt right at home. The food was great, portions were generous and the staff was very attentive. I am sure we will be back.....👍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- before theaterbarbydollVIPDined on 7/17/2014Food was very very good..service great.would come again before theaterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed from nashvillemidlevelfoodie53VIPDined on 7/13/2014The outside dining was very lovely, but for me the food was just ok the highlight of the meal was dessert we had a raspberry and a chocolate soufflé was great. The service was good too.Special Features:
- NEIGHBORHOOD GEMSLTADined on 7/13/2014I have been going to "Off Vine" for many years. I discovered it while working in Hollywood. While you our there, you feel like you are dining in someone's house only with servers that you don't know. Since I was last there, they have raised their prices, but that can't be helped in today's economy, so it's a negative, but not really. I recommend this great place to anyone who enjoys going out to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining after PantagesLuv2eatDined on 7/13/2014We dined at Off Vine after a matinee performance of Ghost. It couldn't have been easier to find and parking was adequate with parking next door. The bungalow restaurant was quaint, the service was wonderful and our food was delicious. We would recommend this to our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GREAT Sunday brunch...foody47Dined on 7/13/2014It was my first time there ( I live in Simi Valley ) we met friends there who raved about Off Vine. They were oh so right, it was perfect. We dined outside because it was a oh so beautiful day. Our server was great and the the food to die for. We will be back soon, who cares about the drive when you know what awaits you. The GOLD STAR goes to the lox and bagels...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happy to have found this placefoodieVIPDined on 7/12/2014while it was overly air conditioned on the inside, it was lovely on the porch. I still had to keep my sweater on, but I wasn't freezing. The food was delicious; our server was delightful. the house itself is charming. just wish you didn't keep it so cold. It's summer-- women shouldn't have to carry coats around to go inside places! They aren't alone, but this was exceptionally cold!!! We shared The gnocchi was excellent. The stuffed pork was really good, but could have used a bit more cheese so that it actually oozed out! The chocolate souffle was very good, but doesn't really have an molten center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very friendly and good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/11/2014We were a party of 8 and were warmly welcomed with great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Venerable Hollywood establishmentLunchmavenDined on 7/11/2014I first ate here decades ago and then moved away. Coming back into this part of town where so much redevelopment has happened recently I was surprised to see they were still in business. And what a business they are having. Still excellent food, excellent service and great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.