1425 1st Street
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oenotri.com/
- Phone: 7072521022
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm-9:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm-10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am-3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Tyler Rodde
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cocktails, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let Us Help Make Your Next Event Unforgettable! Oenotri offers catering services on site at our restaurant, a private dining room or offsite at the venue of your choice! In the warmer months, we can accommodate outdoor dining in our beautiful courtyard and in our organic garden. We can also create one of a kind Team Building Packages. We want to bring the Oenotri dining experience to you and your guests at your next event, while never compromising the integrity of the food, the beautiful, local ingredients and the respect and pride we put into each dish.
- Entertainment: Oenotri has an entirely open kitchen that enables our patrons to see all the functions of a restaurant kitchen, including our wood-burning pizza oven where we make our authentic Pizza Napoletana.
A word from Oenotri
Oenotri is an Italian restaurant in downtown Napa featuring a daily changing menu driven by ingredients that are local, fresh and in season. We celebrate culinary traditions rarely seen elsewhere in California.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Oenotri reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (10)hot spot (7)neighborhood gem (7)great for outdoor dining (5)notable wine list (5)romantic (4)special occasion (4)good for groups (4)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Excellent food at reasonable pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014This is a restaurant where they seem to take their food seriously...nothing on the menu that the staff wouldn't eat themselves. Enthusiastic servers and creatively presented entrees in a lively fun atmosphere.Special Features:
- Did not live up to the reputationRevisitingNapaDined on 10/14/2014After coming from Solbar the night before this restaurant did not live up to its reputation. The saffron salami was worth a 10 out of 10. The pizza pork was excellent but not up to par for the dough may be a 7 out of 10. Had much better pizza before. The sun choke was a bit oily and salty but tasty. Nothing special just unusual taste for the sun choke. The pear salad was nothing that I cannot do and disappointing, the greens were wilting may be should have been that. Price is good value. Great for every day fare but not as a memorable visit to NAPA from Canada.Special Features:
- palate perfection!ladyfly75Dined on 10/12/2014We chose Oenotri after my chef friend highly recommended we eat here. We were thrilled with her recommendation and are eager to return. Our server greeted us with a smile, professionalism, and a service-oriented attitude. Right away, she established that we were first timers at the restaurant and proceeded to guide us towards a most delightful dinner experience. We feasted on the Margherita pizza, fried padron peppers with trapan sea salt, white truffle arancini with kuri squash and parmigiano-reggiano, and mostaccioli with polpette, tomato, calabrian chili, parsley and parmigiano. Excellent service, delicious, creative, and fresh food paired with yummy cocktails and wine. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- CossackDined on 10/11/2014service started slow , just about walked away . once we got rolling good overall experience some great older wines. fresh pasta for sure.Special Features:
- Italian Restaurant in NapaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Start with Margharita Pizza. It is authentic, and the best we have ever had. Salami tray is so enjoyable. Great finger foods for a dining experience to end a day of wine tasting. Finally the pasta us homemade and fresh and the sauce is delicious. A definite must in a Napa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Started out impressive...Gottab5sumwhereDined on 10/9/2014...but that didn't long. Our entrees had no flavour and it took over an hour between appetizer and entree service, all we had ordered was pasta, so a fairly long wait and with no explanation from anyone, very disappointing.
- very good, but small-ish portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2014Both my wife and I very much enjoyed our pasta dishes. However, they were a bit small, considering the price. I had the past with trout and loved it, but I wish I'd have been given a larger serving. Good/interesting cocktails and desserts too. I'd probably go again.Special Features:
- girlstripDined on 10/4/2014Nice restaurant in downtown Napa. Great service, friendly staff. Great for Casual dining, reasonably priced. Fresh pizza from wood burning oven & fresh pasta dishes made daily. Wouldn't put in high in the foodie list as Napa has so many great restaurants with amazing food, especially if visiting for first time. This was my 4th visit to Napa wine country & have dined in the many bigger name restaurants, (ie, Bouchon, Hurleys, Tra Vigne,) so I would not place Oenotri on same level as those dining establishments.Special Features:
- Kale yeah!WineCanineVIPDined on 10/4/2014So the charcuterie and pizza are the bomb but do not miss the fried black Italian kale with peppers.....so amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 982 reviews are from the Oenotri reviews archive.
- Excellent service - attentive,leftot73Dined on 5/21/2013Excellent service - attentive, knowledgeable servers. Our starters were a bit slow (not even to the point that we were irritated) and we were given an extra dish as thanks for our patience (which was actually the best of the three!). Food was all excellent - no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One to Repeatfood4thoughtDined on 4/29/2013What a wonderful experience - great food, great wine, great service. My friends & I had a marvelous lunch & I will be sure to make this experience, "one to repeat".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had an amazing dinner at Oenotri.OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 4/27/2013Had an amazing dinner at Oenotri. Began dinner with a cured meats board which we could not decide which was salumi was better. My partner was looking forward to the Spaghetti al' arrabiata but our server mentioned it was quite hot so she opted for the Trompetti pasta with lamb heart ragu. I know it is a bit odd but it was absolutely amazing. I definitely had food envy even though my pasta with squid was very good. Very reasonably priced and they do have an extensive wine list but a bit pricey. I did see folks bringing in their own bottles of wine (I assume that there is a corkage fee). Overall it was a wonderful dinner and we will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great dining experience overall.gyghmboVIPDined on 4/26/2013Great dining experience overall. I strongly recommend the chef selection of salum. They make all of their salami in house and it is fabulous. Service was terrific and all other items we ordered was great. No beers on tap, but I guess it is Napa and we should all be drinking wine!Special Features:
- Was able to make reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013Was able to make reservations the week of our visit to Oenotri. Came highly recommended and it didn't disappoint. The food was extremely fresh, the wine list was expansive, and the waiter was extremely helpful with selections on the menu. Would definitely recommend to anyone going to Napa.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/26/2013Half of the table opted for pasta dishes that were underwhelming (especially the LINGUINE WITH MANILA CLAMS). My husband and I received dishes that were over-seasoned (FRIED CAVALO NERO WITH HOT PEPPER AND PECORINO) and burnt (CROSTONE WITH BELLWETHER FARMS RICOTTA, CITRUS AND WILD ARUGULA). Despite this, we were most disappointed by being forced to pay for the poor service as gratuity is added for parties of 6 or more. Attitude, empty wine glasses (where did our decanted wine go?), and forgotten polenta is not a good combination. I especially did not appreciate the "here is your lightly toasted crostone" comment for requesting something other than mouthfuls of charred toast.
- This is a very good restaurant.AmyKVIPDined on 4/25/2013This is a very good restaurant. The only negative is there are only three entrees every night. We had the halibut & braised pork shoulder. The halibut was good but the pork left a lot to be desired. Small portion & the pork itself was marble size. We shared an asparagus, snap pea salad which was delicious. We also shared a pasta dish with guinea hen ragu. If we go back we will share some appetizers and get a pizza which looked delicious.Special Features:
- The menu is different (withOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/25/2013The menu is different (with the exception of the best margherita pizza in the Bay Area) every time I go and the food is always creative yet refreshingly simple with an ingredients driven approach. Really great wine list and good service to top it off. Never disappoints.Special Features:
- A moderately upscale environment,OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 4/23/2013A moderately upscale environment, quite pleasing and comfortable. Service was extraordinary and highly accommodating for my cumbersome group of 12. How they managed to service so many in such a short time was truly remarkable. The food was generous as it was at the higher end of great quality. Pizza and pasta received the greatest accolades, most sides received ++ regard. Important is that I will go back and recommend it highly.
- We live in Napa and had beenNapamelVIPDined on 4/22/2013We live in Napa and had been here once before about when it first opened. I remember that the noise was a factor for not going back. But, after all the great write ups I decided to try it again with our out of town guest. This time we shared Asparagus Pizza which was this and tasted great. But, it got a bit soggy from all the liquid. We then had the Linguine pasta which was perfect. And again we were fighting the noise. As older people this is a problem since we had to basically shout at each other most of the night. Unless something can be done about the noise, we will not be going back.Special Features:
- Hand made salumi excellentBlackdogDined on 4/21/2013Hand made salumi excellent as always. Octopus salad was excellent. Beef coulotte over farro was nicely done. Desserts were very good. Service was attentiveSpecial Features:
- Too Salty!NynaDined on 4/20/2013Choices on the menu very limited. Only 3 main courses and if you don't like how they prepare them you are out of luck. I asked the swordfish to be put on top of a bed a lettuces and got arugula that was very over salted. Then they had the nerve to charge an extra $9 for more arugula on top. Very poorly done. If you have to go to a new place in town that doesn't have much variety this is it! Our waitress was very accommodating and let us know she had relayed our requests to the kitchen and made us feel very welcome.Special Features:
- Charcuterie plate was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/18/2013Charcuterie plate was excellent. Very good mix of interesting meats. Can't believe they make it on site. Had the home made noodles which were as good or better than we had in Italy. Our waiter was very helpful explaining the menu and telling us what was special. Definitely one of my favorite Italian restaurants. Only negative was that they had lots of Italian wines which I understand since it is an Italian restaurant, but we were visiting Napa and would have lived to taste more Napa/Sonoma wines.Special Features:
- Food and service were excellent.LeonDined on 4/17/2013Food and service were excellent. A little noisy because of an active dining crowdSpecial Features:
- A level below nowjaz2020VIPDined on 4/17/2013We first dined at Oenotri after it opened, and were wowed. This time, not so much. The plates are bigger, the execution is sloppier. The salume is still good, altho stay away from the Ciccioli which is carnitas-tasty but swims in melted lard. A fish starter (skate) and entree (mackerel) were both overcooked. The lemon passato on the mackerel was overpowering, throwing the balance of the dish off. Pizza had salty watery tomato sauce & ridiculously salty sausage. Instead of being Neapolitan (limp in middle) this was limp almost out to the crust. What a change, and not for the better! Service is still great, but the food has lost that fine balance and good execution. Now it's just food for the tourist masses who drink all day.
- Creative southern Italianlay10Dined on 4/15/2013Creative southern Italian in a swanky atmosphere drives this downtown Napa hot spot. The food is simple, delicious and nicely prepared, and the service is quite adequate. While Oenotri won't knock your socks off, it is a solid dining experience and worth the visit.
- Oenotri stands out as an exceptionaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/14/2013Oenotri stands out as an exceptional restaurant. They change their menu almost daily and use the best ingredients and the best techniques. For instance, I tried their octopus on Sunday and it was massaged for who knows how long to make it the most tender I have ever had. They prepare all of their own cured meats and salumis in-house! Whenever I travel to Napa (i'm from the east coast) I always make a point to have at least one meal at Oenotri.Special Features:
- Chef DebDebWVIPDined on 4/10/2013First time guest. Server was knowledgable about the menu, and was able to make good recommendations . Wines by the glass were just ok. Never like to order a bottle since we rarely drink more than one glass, and never eat the same thing. The noise level makes any private conversation a little difficult but over all I recommend. I loved that our dinner was light., even the pasta. You can't go to an Italian restaurant without trying their housemade pasta. Order it and share as an appetizer ! Delicious! Charcuterie is worth trying as well. Nice job chef!Special Features:
- A great find in NapaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/7/2013We had time for one final lunch in Napa and Oenotri was perfect. Sharing a pizza and a pasta dish made a delicious lunch. We will return on our next trip to Napa.we came from NY home to outstanding Italian food and recently at our way through Italy and we would rank Oenotri 5 star.Special Features:
- It was our last night in napaOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/6/2013It was our last night in napa and we just wanted some good food - not too fancy. Although there were several creative items that sounded great - we had pizza, pasta, salad and dessert and finished every bite! It was a perfect end to an weekend full of amazing meals!Special Features:
- awesome will go again, entreethisVIPDined on 4/5/2013awesome will go again, entree was least successful of dishes eaten but....still great and i'll go again happy with overall valueSpecial Features:
- Excellent food alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/4/2013Kinda has become our weekly stop-in for dinner. Can't say enough good stuff about Tyler and Curtis and their efforts. Our typical Sunday evening feast recommendations? Just about any antipasti listed, particularly the halibut crudo with castelvetranos...friggin yummm. Strozzapretti often done with a ragu of some sort from lamb's head to Red Bro hen to Willis Farm pork, always totally delicious.This week on the Contorni list, a spiedino of chicken liver and pancetta. Wow...yum..lvers cooked perfectly along with a crispy pancetta woven on the skewer. Masterful. One of the better beverage programs in NCal. Sur Lucero has a particular genius. Yikes, I gotta jones for the carbonara on the menu tonite....dang. I'm like a junkie, I tell ya.Special Features:
- Even though they had a limitedOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/4/2013Even though they had a limited menu because of a wine dinner taking place, we loved our menu choices. We planned to share dishes and the choices of pizzas and pastas were amazing. The trompetti with lamb ragu was rich, rustic and soul satisfying. Our server Remy was very good in his descriptions and recommendations, and was very gracious.Special Features:
- Napa favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/1/2013This is my favorite Napa restaurant and I think one of the best in the area (definitely beats Bouchon and Angele, IMHO). It's a great space with a fantastic view of the kitchen from almost every table, the service is excellent (friendly/casual but very attentive), and the food never disappoints. That salumi selection is pretty unparalleled (don't miss the Sardinian sausage with saffron!!), the pizzas are delicious, as are the pasta dishes. Good wine list as well with a lot of local selections. If you're a foodie, definitely ask for the two seats at the bar by the kitchen. Haven't yet sat there but always want to.Special Features:
- Every course was deliciousNapaphileDined on 3/28/2013Every course was delicious and creative. After Redd this is my favorite. Although I don't get excited about pizza this one was given to us complimentary as a extra one was made by mistake. I was very unusual and delicious. Recommendation for 2. Order one pizza, 6 salumi types, one pasta, and one entre - a little too much food, but it allows you to get a good sampling.Special Features:
- Really great food, eclecticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/25/2013Really great food, eclectic menu with great side dishes.Special Features:
- Was not overwhelmed by ourOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2013Was not overwhelmed by our dinner at Oenotri. Good pizza and dessert, but nothing surprising. Not sure I would go again, so many better places available in Napa.
- Excellent service. very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/21/2013Excellent service. very good food and a 25-page wine list. (Tip, the last page of the wine menu is a list of wines $30 and under.) The wood oven pizza was excellent.Special Features:
- Our disappointment with ourtjskVIPDined on 3/19/2013Our disappointment with our dining experience was due to the pace of the evening. We were rushed through our meal, with dishes being delivered while we were still eating our starters. The two of us spent $135 in 45 minutes....not enjoyable at all. The whole ambiance from service to decor was cold and souless.
- The hostess was attentiveLMRONEVIPDined on 3/16/2013The hostess was attentive and seated us promptly with our reservation despite a long waiting list for drop-ins. Service was erratic. We had cocktails and received our wine order from the floor somm before the waiter even described the menu. Enjoyed the house made salumi and the yellow fin tuna salad, which we shared. The pizza was well made, but the toppings were excessively salty and included several items not mentioned by the waiter or the menu. Overall. we thought the portion sizes were small. Courses were delivered promptly, but the table was cleared after a long wait and my expresso was served very slowly. Not sure what the service model is. . . The room was extremely noisy - even for a hot, hip place.mySpecial Features:
- The food was exceptional.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2013The food was exceptional. The service was average mostly because it was too loud to hear us and the fact that they were understaffed for a Saturday night. I had to yell at my friend across the table it was so noisy. Will not return, perhaps they expect the tourist business to keep them busy?