1425 1st Street
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oenotri.com/
- Phone: (707) 252-1022
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm-9:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm-10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am-3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Tyler Rodde
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cocktails, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let Us Help Make Your Next Event Unforgettable! Oenotri offers catering services on site at our restaurant, a private dining room or offsite at the venue of your choice! In the warmer months, we can accommodate outdoor dining in our beautiful courtyard and in our organic garden. We can also create one of a kind Team Building Packages. We want to bring the Oenotri dining experience to you and your guests at your next event, while never compromising the integrity of the food, the beautiful, local ingredients and the respect and pride we put into each dish.
- Entertainment: Oenotri has an entirely open kitchen that enables our patrons to see all the functions of a restaurant kitchen, including our wood-burning pizza oven where we make our authentic Pizza Napoletana.
A word from Oenotri
Oenotri is an Italian restaurant in downtown Napa featuring a daily changing menu driven by ingredients that are local, fresh and in season. We celebrate culinary traditions rarely seen elsewhere in California.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Oenotri - Best Restaurants in Napa ›
Oenotri reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (41)hot spot (20)notable wine list (19)neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (16)special occasion (15)romantic (12)vibrant bar scene (10)great for outdoor dining (9)late-night find (4)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/25/2014This was mine and a good friend's first time here. We are locals attempting to eat out way through downtown Napa. Oenotri was amazing. We had Giardino pizza, a pesto type pasta and a delicious radicchio and roasted beet salad. Dessert was delicious. We had a lemon meringue type dessert and a chocolate torte. We favored the lemon, but nonetheless the chocolate was great. Our server, Angela was so sweet and informative as well as Luna.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic pizzasBBackDined on 11/14/2014The pizza is outstanding. The black cod pasta dish had 1 teaspoon of fish and was too salty - can't believe anyone raves about this dish on its best day. Our pizza and the service was great, but make no mistake, they are into table turning, so it was borderline rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food for a reasonable priceAlexDJDined on 11/10/2014Very nice dinning experience. The food was amazing and the prices are very reasonable. The service was fair. They have a huge wine list, but their sommelier is more than happy to recommend a great wine based on your expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealEmmaDined on 11/9/2014Oenotri consistently has fresh delicious food. The service is top notch. I love that the salads are dressed lightly so you can still taste the freshness of the greens. Pizza's are perfect. We like to share lots of dishes so you can try more items. Seasonal changes don't disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun eveningMonaDined on 11/9/2014We took our granddaughter to Oenotri for her birthday and had a wonderful time. The service was very friendly and efficient and she really loved the pizza. They made her feel special by writing "Happy Birthday" on her dessert plate. Thanks, Oenotri, for a great time. We are looking forward to trying your weekend brunch menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/6/2014We went to Oenotri on our first night in Napa wanting to have a good Italian meal. When we got settled at our table a 100% seafood menu was presented, since i don't eat seafood was offered 1 alternative......additionally the seafood was not local fare. So disappointing....check the menu prior to goingSpecial Features:
- Always a wonderful experienceCindyDfromNapaDined on 11/5/2014Oenitribeyonce is one of our favorite restaurants in Napa. The best pizza and many other delicious dishes.Special Features:
- Not our cup of teanapadinerVIPDined on 11/4/2014We went on a night they had the special seafood menu and not the regular menu. Nothing that was not a seafood protein, no veggies, no salad. When our reservation was confirmed, the restaurant did tell us about the seafood night but reassured us that some regular items would be on the menu, we were very disappointed to find that was not the case. The nettle pasta with sand dabs just tasted like a fishy pasta, didn't really appreciate the "nettle" part and there were bones in the sand dab pieces. The clam pizza had very few clams, was more like a potato pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- masumaeiDined on 11/3/2014Wonderful! The service was very friendly and welcoming. As vegetarians, we were a little uncomfortable with dead hanging lobsters, but as long as we didn't look in that direction, we were fine. The food was fantastic, especially the sunchoke gratin!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent servicepgallVIPDined on 11/3/2014Enjoyable evening from service to food throughout all courses of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodie dinnermmm2Dined on 11/1/2014We came here for a dinner post wine tasting and loved the pasta with pumpkin, pizza margarita, Brussels sprouts and good wine for under $30. Amazing meal and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't bring a group.tipsareusDined on 11/1/2014The restaurant had a good reputation to live up to, but I was disappointed on several counts. We were a party of 6 and as such our gratuity of 20% was guaranteed. I felt the service was poor. Our waitress was not at all friendly or helpful to us. It was as if they knew they were going to get their tip, so why bother. We seldom saw our server and I had to ask one of the servers for bread because it was not brought. The short-rib pasta, while tasty had very little meat on it. The beef tongue entrée was okay, nothing special for $26. Surprisingly it was deep fried. I may go again and see if it's different for a smaller party, but if you don't mind being ignored and paying top dollar for average food, then go for it.
- BedlamdiscerningmeDined on 10/25/2014Oenotri is by far the noisiest restaurant I have ever attended. Very frustrating and disappointing evening.
- Great atmospherePrincessPatriciaVIPDined on 10/20/2014A great place to visit after a day of wine tasting. Excellent pasta dishes. There were 6 of us and we had a great time eating off of each other's plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food at reasonable pricesDon44Dined on 10/17/2014This is a restaurant where they seem to take their food seriously...nothing on the menu that the staff wouldn't eat themselves. Enthusiastic servers and creatively presented entrees in a lively fun atmosphere.Special Features:
- Did not live up to the reputationRevisitingNapaDined on 10/14/2014After coming from Solbar the night before this restaurant did not live up to its reputation. The saffron salami was worth a 10 out of 10. The pizza pork was excellent but not up to par for the dough may be a 7 out of 10. Had much better pizza before. The sun choke was a bit oily and salty but tasty. Nothing special just unusual taste for the sun choke. The pear salad was nothing that I cannot do and disappointing, the greens were wilting may be should have been that. Price is good value. Great for every day fare but not as a memorable visit to NAPA from Canada.Special Features:
- palate perfection!ladyfly75Dined on 10/12/2014We chose Oenotri after my chef friend highly recommended we eat here. We were thrilled with her recommendation and are eager to return. Our server greeted us with a smile, professionalism, and a service-oriented attitude. Right away, she established that we were first timers at the restaurant and proceeded to guide us towards a most delightful dinner experience. We feasted on the Margherita pizza, fried padron peppers with trapan sea salt, white truffle arancini with kuri squash and parmigiano-reggiano, and mostaccioli with polpette, tomato, calabrian chili, parsley and parmigiano. Excellent service, delicious, creative, and fresh food paired with yummy cocktails and wine. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- CossackDined on 10/11/2014service started slow , just about walked away . once we got rolling good overall experience some great older wines. fresh pasta for sure.Special Features:
- Italian Restaurant in NapaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Start with Margharita Pizza. It is authentic, and the best we have ever had. Salami tray is so enjoyable. Great finger foods for a dining experience to end a day of wine tasting. Finally the pasta us homemade and fresh and the sauce is delicious. A definite must in a Napa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Started out impressive...Gottab5sumwhereDined on 10/9/2014...but that didn't long. Our entrees had no flavour and it took over an hour between appetizer and entree service, all we had ordered was pasta, so a fairly long wait and with no explanation from anyone, very disappointing.
- very good, but small-ish portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2014Both my wife and I very much enjoyed our pasta dishes. However, they were a bit small, considering the price. I had the past with trout and loved it, but I wish I'd have been given a larger serving. Good/interesting cocktails and desserts too. I'd probably go again.Special Features:
- girlstripDined on 10/4/2014Nice restaurant in downtown Napa. Great service, friendly staff. Great for Casual dining, reasonably priced. Fresh pizza from wood burning oven & fresh pasta dishes made daily. Wouldn't put in high in the foodie list as Napa has so many great restaurants with amazing food, especially if visiting for first time. This was my 4th visit to Napa wine country & have dined in the many bigger name restaurants, (ie, Bouchon, Hurleys, Tra Vigne,) so I would not place Oenotri on same level as those dining establishments.Special Features:
- Kale yeah!WineCanineVIPDined on 10/4/2014So the charcuterie and pizza are the bomb but do not miss the fried black Italian kale with peppers.....so amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Particularly good pizzaAnneVIPDined on 10/2/2014We have been to Oenotri several times and their salumi plate is excellent. In addition, they make delicious pizza. It is a bit frenetic, but fun.Special Features:
- The following 982 reviews are from the Oenotri reviews archive.
- Excellent service - attentive,leftot73Dined on 5/21/2013Excellent service - attentive, knowledgeable servers. Our starters were a bit slow (not even to the point that we were irritated) and we were given an extra dish as thanks for our patience (which was actually the best of the three!). Food was all excellent - no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One to Repeatfood4thoughtDined on 4/29/2013What a wonderful experience - great food, great wine, great service. My friends & I had a marvelous lunch & I will be sure to make this experience, "one to repeat".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had an amazing dinner at Oenotri.OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 4/27/2013Had an amazing dinner at Oenotri. Began dinner with a cured meats board which we could not decide which was salumi was better. My partner was looking forward to the Spaghetti al' arrabiata but our server mentioned it was quite hot so she opted for the Trompetti pasta with lamb heart ragu. I know it is a bit odd but it was absolutely amazing. I definitely had food envy even though my pasta with squid was very good. Very reasonably priced and they do have an extensive wine list but a bit pricey. I did see folks bringing in their own bottles of wine (I assume that there is a corkage fee). Overall it was a wonderful dinner and we will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great dining experience overall.gyghmboVIPDined on 4/26/2013Great dining experience overall. I strongly recommend the chef selection of salum. They make all of their salami in house and it is fabulous. Service was terrific and all other items we ordered was great. No beers on tap, but I guess it is Napa and we should all be drinking wine!Special Features:
- Was able to make reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013Was able to make reservations the week of our visit to Oenotri. Came highly recommended and it didn't disappoint. The food was extremely fresh, the wine list was expansive, and the waiter was extremely helpful with selections on the menu. Would definitely recommend to anyone going to Napa.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/26/2013Half of the table opted for pasta dishes that were underwhelming (especially the LINGUINE WITH MANILA CLAMS). My husband and I received dishes that were over-seasoned (FRIED CAVALO NERO WITH HOT PEPPER AND PECORINO) and burnt (CROSTONE WITH BELLWETHER FARMS RICOTTA, CITRUS AND WILD ARUGULA). Despite this, we were most disappointed by being forced to pay for the poor service as gratuity is added for parties of 6 or more. Attitude, empty wine glasses (where did our decanted wine go?), and forgotten polenta is not a good combination. I especially did not appreciate the "here is your lightly toasted crostone" comment for requesting something other than mouthfuls of charred toast.
- This is a very good restaurant.AmyKVIPDined on 4/25/2013This is a very good restaurant. The only negative is there are only three entrees every night. We had the halibut & braised pork shoulder. The halibut was good but the pork left a lot to be desired. Small portion & the pork itself was marble size. We shared an asparagus, snap pea salad which was delicious. We also shared a pasta dish with guinea hen ragu. If we go back we will share some appetizers and get a pizza which looked delicious.Special Features:
- The menu is different (withOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/25/2013The menu is different (with the exception of the best margherita pizza in the Bay Area) every time I go and the food is always creative yet refreshingly simple with an ingredients driven approach. Really great wine list and good service to top it off. Never disappoints.Special Features:
- A moderately upscale environment,OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 4/23/2013A moderately upscale environment, quite pleasing and comfortable. Service was extraordinary and highly accommodating for my cumbersome group of 12. How they managed to service so many in such a short time was truly remarkable. The food was generous as it was at the higher end of great quality. Pizza and pasta received the greatest accolades, most sides received ++ regard. Important is that I will go back and recommend it highly.
- We live in Napa and had beenNapamelVIPDined on 4/22/2013We live in Napa and had been here once before about when it first opened. I remember that the noise was a factor for not going back. But, after all the great write ups I decided to try it again with our out of town guest. This time we shared Asparagus Pizza which was this and tasted great. But, it got a bit soggy from all the liquid. We then had the Linguine pasta which was perfect. And again we were fighting the noise. As older people this is a problem since we had to basically shout at each other most of the night. Unless something can be done about the noise, we will not be going back.Special Features:
- Hand made salumi excellentBlackdogDined on 4/21/2013Hand made salumi excellent as always. Octopus salad was excellent. Beef coulotte over farro was nicely done. Desserts were very good. Service was attentiveSpecial Features:
- Too Salty!NynaDined on 4/20/2013Choices on the menu very limited. Only 3 main courses and if you don't like how they prepare them you are out of luck. I asked the swordfish to be put on top of a bed a lettuces and got arugula that was very over salted. Then they had the nerve to charge an extra $9 for more arugula on top. Very poorly done. If you have to go to a new place in town that doesn't have much variety this is it! Our waitress was very accommodating and let us know she had relayed our requests to the kitchen and made us feel very welcome.Special Features:
- Charcuterie plate was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/18/2013Charcuterie plate was excellent. Very good mix of interesting meats. Can't believe they make it on site. Had the home made noodles which were as good or better than we had in Italy. Our waiter was very helpful explaining the menu and telling us what was special. Definitely one of my favorite Italian restaurants. Only negative was that they had lots of Italian wines which I understand since it is an Italian restaurant, but we were visiting Napa and would have lived to taste more Napa/Sonoma wines.Special Features:
- Food and service were excellent.LeonDined on 4/17/2013Food and service were excellent. A little noisy because of an active dining crowdSpecial Features:
- A level below nowjaz2020VIPDined on 4/17/2013We first dined at Oenotri after it opened, and were wowed. This time, not so much. The plates are bigger, the execution is sloppier. The salume is still good, altho stay away from the Ciccioli which is carnitas-tasty but swims in melted lard. A fish starter (skate) and entree (mackerel) were both overcooked. The lemon passato on the mackerel was overpowering, throwing the balance of the dish off. Pizza had salty watery tomato sauce & ridiculously salty sausage. Instead of being Neapolitan (limp in middle) this was limp almost out to the crust. What a change, and not for the better! Service is still great, but the food has lost that fine balance and good execution. Now it's just food for the tourist masses who drink all day.
- Creative southern Italianlay10Dined on 4/15/2013Creative southern Italian in a swanky atmosphere drives this downtown Napa hot spot. The food is simple, delicious and nicely prepared, and the service is quite adequate. While Oenotri won't knock your socks off, it is a solid dining experience and worth the visit.