Odyssey Italian Restaurant & Wine Bar
603 E 6th Ave
Denver, CO 80203Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Odyssey Italian Restaurant & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.odyssey-italian-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 3033180102x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Everyday 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Open 4:00 Till Midnight On Friday and Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian
- Executive Chef: Ignazio Mulei
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off premise full service catering - specializing in European menu.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a lovely private dining room with a cozy fireplace that is complete with a private dining booth. Available for wine tastings, birthdays and rehersal dinners etc. Menu prices range from $28.00 to $35.00 per person for an all inclusive dinner including appetizer, salad, choice of entree, dessert and soft beverages. Wine and cocktails available at a special price for large events.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Mulei ignaz 7208852227x
- Entertainment: Every Thursday we host local guitarist Damon Wood on the patio.
- Special Events: Monday Night Pasta Night. Enjoy any of our Italian Pastas for $8.95
A word from Odyssey Italian Restaurant & Wine Bar
Odyssey Italian Restaurant and Wine Bar is a local spot that will become your second home- where you can savor authentic Sicilian dishes prepared using the freshest ingredients by our chef and owner Ignazio Mulei. Enjoy refreshing cocktails and a selection of Italian wines in a rustic Italian intimate setting with friendly service. Come in and dine in one of our dining room options; our small- but comfortable patio, our main casual dining area, our upstairs intimate dining area, or even our VIP table that can seat 6 comfortably, but you are welcomed to squeeze in all your friends and family.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Odyssey Italian Restaurant & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Central ›
Odyssey Italian Restaurant & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (59)special occasion (53)romantic (51)fit for foodies (46)notable wine list (25)good for groups (22)great for outdoor dining (20)hot spot (9)late-night find (4)great for lunch (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2014We were in the neighborhood for one of our kids activities and found Odyssey on line and decided to give it a try. We didn't really know what to expect but wow were we pleasantly surprised! The food was great and the service was even better. It was a quaint little place with a great feel for a nice dinner for my wife and I. Even though it will be a little bit of a drive we will definitely be back. My wife and I were already discussing making it a monthly dinner place. We loved it!Special Features:
- My Odyssey ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Odyssey had phenomenal food. The staff were so polite and kind. I would recommend it to anyone living in or visiting denver. It is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, Excellent ServiceMaximillian00VIPDined on 9/19/2014We arrived a little early for our reservation but we're immediately seated at a great table outside on a perfect night. Although the wine list was not the most extensive, we did find two very good wines to enjoy. The Caprese salad appetizer was very fresh. Both entrees were very tasty, lots of garlic, but it really enhanced all of the wonderful flavors of our food. We would definitely recommend this place and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful family owned restaurantDTDenverDined on 9/17/2014The Bolognese was terrific. Service was wonderful. Waitress and owner made us feel like we had been coming there for years.Special Features:
- Great Experience All AroundMisterEdVIPDined on 9/13/2014There were five of us and couldn't decide what to eat. Our waitress, Emma, was very knowledgeable and made appropriate suggestions. We ended up ordering family style, which was perfect since the portions are quite large. The butternut squash ravioli and veal saltimbucco (sp?) were standout dishes. The atmosphere is great for a small group as well as a romantic dinner for two. We all left raving about the food and service. We will be back.Special Features:
- Amazing Food & Wonderful ServiceBarbieEDined on 9/10/2014The entire staff is excited about their jobs, from the hostess, to the server, the chef...they love what they do. We had a wonderful time and the food was amazing!Special Features:
- Love Pasta MondayshbweaverVIPDined on 9/8/2014Odyssey is great any day of the week, but on Mondays, they feature their pasta for only $8.95, including a salad and bread. Same serving size as usual. You will absolutely have leftovers. We love this little neighborhood favorite. Great food, terrific service, nice energy and terrific selection of wines by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new favorite spotmmmmgoodDined on 9/6/2014A lovely, kind of old fashioned southern Italian restaurant. As others have mentioned, the service is a stand-out. There is lots of variety on the menu, enough to please anyone. And, the food was delicious all around, with a beautiful presentation. It's cozy, but faces busy 6th Ave. There was even a violin player the night we were there! We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "OUTSTANDING" is not enough toThePoetDined on 9/3/2014OUTSTANDING SERVICE!!! Great food, amazing ambiance, very nice atmosphere - I love this place. Will come back time and again now since discovering it! A hidden gem, rates with the best Italian food I have ever hadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/1/2014Took care of a group of 11, 2 birthdays. Great food, service! Will be back again !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectSTLFoodieVIPDined on 8/28/2014We're a difficult group to please. Multiple special orders prepared to exact specifications. Pasta outstanding as was service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014always a fabulous meal and a wonderful evening! Food was delicious, service was great. First time sitting upstairs and loved the ambianceSpecial Features:
- ServiceTriplecrownVIPDined on 8/26/2014Michael did a great job and you always walk away with food to take home from the generous portions.Special Features:
- We loved the ambiance!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/23/2014Everyone at our table ordered the snapper, it was d'lish. Staff is very attentive and thoughtful. They want to please you in any way. Great place for a romantic evening out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little Italian spotniknamedDined on 8/22/2014I've eaten here before and the service was very attentive and the servings very generous (i always take half my meal home). The only slight glitch was the noise level. They had a violinist playing romantic Italian music but the place is pretty small and not acoustically suited for a lot of sound so whenever she'd play, the conversations became much louder to be heard over her. It was a nice gesture but probably not the best idea for that room. Several times I had to ask my dining companion to speak up and we were practically shouting at each other. But the food is great! All family recipes from Sicily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BettyVIPDined on 8/22/2014Always a pleasant atmsophere and eveyone is so o o nice....... We enjoy taking new friends to this restaurant.Special Features:
- very good foodjmb14Dined on 8/16/2014Our second visit to Odyssey - almost as good as the first (which was exceptional with wine tasting). With four in our party we had two butternut squash ravioli dinners and 2 chicken dinners - all of us were very pleased with our meals. We splurged on bananas foster which was prepared tableside. A special teat was long-stemmed roses for the ladies as we left.Special Features:
- Best Italian restaurant in DenverWheatridge1VIPDined on 8/15/2014Cannot get enough of this restaurant. Outstanding food, service, ambiance and wine selection. Friday night we shared crab stuffed mushrooms, melon wrapped in prosciutto with gorgonzola crumbles, rack of lamb, veal marsala, veal osso bucco and veal stuffed with salami and cheese. Everything was exceptional. Add to that, the great Italian wine and bananas Foster flambeed at tableside . It does not get any better than that. Mike, his father and staff are the best hosts ever. As I have said before "Get in there now! - What are you waiting for?" You will not be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Multo BuonoGeneDined on 8/8/2014Not only is the food outstanding, especially the red sauce, but the ambiance is also great. They make you feel at home. The chef and owner came to our table and toasted us with limoncello, which was "on the house". Since this is a Sicilian restaurant, you will find items not usually found on other Italian restaurants. If you go to eat, reserve the VIP table. It's a little alcove that can fit up to six people and it makes the evening even more special. My wife and I have been there three times and we plan on returning and trying other items on the menu. One cannot have good Italian food without wine and the wine list has some notable additions of Sicilian wines. Finally, the prices are very reasonable and the portions are large.Special Features:
- AmazingLaceyVIPDined on 8/5/2014I love everything about this place... I am ready to become a regular. They celebrated a birthday when I was there. That's where I want mine celebrated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMGLaceyVIPDined on 7/29/2014What an amazing place... We were late due to traffic and rain. They still Sat us at a wonderful table immediately. The incredible food, service and wine. Gave us a chance to reconnect and enjoy the night. As a ex New Yorker this is the only place outside of Little Italy that can do linguine and red clam the way it should be done. We will be back as this is the designated date night spot going forward.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/22/2014Thank you for such a great experience for my husband's birthday! Great food, great place and my kids really enjoyed the flambe dessert!Special Features:
- Simply fantastic experience!Cabigirl10Dined on 7/19/2014I found this restaurant choice on Open Table. I took a group of co-workers there as we were on a convention in Denver. What a fund! Off the beaten path a bit, (10 minute drive from grand Hyatt downtown).. An elegant Victorian style house made into a fantastic restaurant. We were met at the door by the owners son who welcomed us and brought us to our table, introducing us to our waitress, Hillary. The food, service, ambience, wine, etc. was superb! The owner, Ignacio, prepared mussels for us table side that were out if this world! Authentic Sicilian style food at a super reasonable price! Everyone that visits Denver should stop at the odyssey!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Restaurant in DenvereclipseDined on 7/14/2014Being Sicilian, this was the most wonderful dining experience that went way beyond what I could have imagined for the evening. The food, service, ownership is the real deal. Father and son owners make sure you feel like you are part of their family. Oh, and who else in Denver is doing Bananas Foster tableside. I want to go back and try everything on their menu, but if you want a special treat, just ask them "make me something". You'll be glad you did.Special Features:
- RankDined on 7/4/2014The staff was helpful with wine choices and offered to customize any dish.Special Features:
- Absolutely SuperbJoeDDined on 7/3/2014My wife and I were visiting our son who recently moved to Denver from NJ. We were pleasantly surprised when we found Odyssey. The food was terrific and the service was excellent. Ignacio treated us like family from the moment we walked in the door. My family is very picky when it comes to Italian food as we're Italians from NJ where great Italian food is a mainstay. Odyssey would fit in fine! We will dine here every time we visit Denver and you should too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/2/2014Never knew this place was here, but had an amazing 1st anniversary dinner here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but...FlowerDined on 7/1/2014We wanted to host a group at The Odyssey, so had to try it out first to make sure it would work. It's on busy 6th Ave just east of Pearl. The first hurdle is finding a place to park. There are onlt two spaces out in front, and they can't reserve them for their use. Other than that, you have to find a spot in the crowded neighborhood. We would have given the restaurant five stars, except we found what looked like a hair on the bread they served. It turned out to be a bristle from the paintbrush they use to butter the bread. When we got our complimentary salad, there definitely was a hair in it. To their credit, they apologized and comped my wife's meal. Bristle and hair aside, the food was excellent. Try it, but watch your meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A disappoitmentdisappointedDined on 6/30/2014It was our wedding anniversary. Started off with special attention given to us by staff. Friendly staff seemed to over exaggerate their attention. Initial waitress clueless when asked questions about drinks other than the wine list. Drinks were amazing. Should be for price. Had to request a new Caesar salad due to it coming out very soggy. Had to ask for more drinks, cracked pepper for the bread oil/vinegar, and remind them we needed to order our main entree. The alcohol completely wore off 2 hours later, when our meal arrived. Tables around us, seated before us, received meals and left before we were served. Ask to have our meals boxed up after they arrived. They did comp desserts. I am upset that is the memory I have for my anniversary.
- What a find!xoxoVIPDined on 6/29/2014Great neighborhood restaurant and fantastic italian food. We went on a double date with friends and had a great time. Fantastic food and service we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to try everything!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Delicious Italian food and good service. Service was a touch over-attentive at times, hence the 4 stars there, but food was incredible and needless to say I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceGreatFindDined on 6/21/2014This was my first time at Odyssey Italian Bistro and it is quite a charming restaurant and a great neighborhood gem. I don't live in the area but I would imagine folks near the area would love the walk to the restaurant. We had amazing service and the atmosphere was great. We had the Veal Piccata and Chicken Saltimbocca. The veal was a little too think and had a little too much flour and wasn't as crispy as one would hope; a little too "floury" if you will. The chicken was excellent. The Caesar salad was delicious and the cheese tray and bread were wonderful. We had a cannoli for desert and it was amazing. Overall I would definitely come back here to eat.Special Features:
- We loved it!ItsJenDined on 6/18/2014I brought my project team here for an appreciation dinner, and we all greatly enjoyed Odyssey. The service was stellar, and the good delicious. Odyssey is charming. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best experience ever!Wheatridge1VIPDined on 6/14/2014If you have not been to Odyssey, get in there - what are you waiting for? Every time we go to Odyssey, it does not disappoint. Michael, his staff, the food, the ambiance and the wine selections are over the top. I never eat lamb, but I stepped outside my boundaries and tried the rack of lamb recently. It was so awesome, I think I will order it every time I go there. What a great restaurant!Special Features:
- Sicilian dining in cap hillcremefraicheVIPDined on 6/13/2014We actually found Odyssey on open table while looking for an Italian restaurant with a lot of seafood options. It sits right on the corner of Pearl and 6th ave, and we had the joy of sitting outside on a wonderful, clear night. The service was amazing (I believe our server was Michael), and even though it was a dinner with old friends that lasted 3 hours (in true Italian fashion) we never felt rushed and our server was always attentive to our needs. The food tasted great. I had the fisherman's platter and my wife had the carbonara. If you're looking for unpretentious Sicilian (lots of seafood) with a great atmosphere, I highly recommend Odyssey. And if it's nice, definitely sit out on their patio. We'll be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrateCherieDined on 6/13/2014What a delightful evening with excellent service and exquisite dining.Special Features:
- Diamond in the roughJpheismnVIPDined on 6/11/2014It is rare to find so many compelling dishes AND be matched up with great service, excellent wines, and the vibe of a family homecoming! When in Denver, swing by and check it out. if you live in Denver, what are you waiting for?!?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Michael Makes ItNancyDined on 6/9/2014We have been to Odyssey several times. What keeps us coming back is Michael, the owner, and his enthusiasm for what he does - which is create a great atmosphere for serving great food and wine. He makes you feel like you are the only customer in the house. His attention to serving you while making your meal as personal as possible, makes the entire experience special. Knowing that we enjoy wine, he shares new wines he's found, and tweaks our food choices to compliment. Haven't had a dish that wasn't unique in some way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for GroupsCapHillDined on 6/7/2014Great atmosphere for groups! Enjoyed a fun night with the extended family over great food and wine. The staff are very welcoming and you immediately feel the Sicilian flare. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great food and superior serviceJohnVIPDined on 6/6/2014We always have fantastic meals and superb service at the Odyssey.Special Features: