15600 Odyssey Drive
Granada Hills, CA 91344Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.theodysseyrestaurant.com/odyssey/default.aspx
- Phone: 8183666444
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 4:30pm - 11:00pm; Saturday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 9:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Stephen Carrasco
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Odyssey is situated high above the San Fernando Valley and brandishes the most incredible view of the entire city, offering the most breathtaking hilltop view, where guests dine among the stars.
- Private Party Contact: Sharon Brubaker 8183665817
A word from Odyssey
The Odyssey Restaurant is a vision of the Valley, featuring fine dining with a breathtaking view from any area in the dining room. Everything gleams from the oak paneling, brass fixtures to the crystalline windows and a panoramic view of San Fernando Valley. Open for Lunch Monday through Saturday and Dinner daily, the Odyssey menu offers delicious California cuisine specializing in steaks and fresh seafood. On Sundays the Odyssey serves their award-winning champagne Sunday offering over 100 specialty items. The Odyssey also offers a lovely lounge and cocktail patio with the same spectacular view as the restaurant. The lounge features a full bar and happy hour, which is offered Monday through Friday from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Odyssey reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (32)special occasion (24)romantic (22)great for brunch (21)good for groups (19)great for outdoor dining (17)neighborhood gem (14)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (5)fit for foodies (5)notable wine list (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- It was okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014I thought the surroundings were great! It was an anniversary dinner but the venue left much in the way of satisfaction. The place was loud and the waiter we had was just going through the motions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girlsnight3Dined on 8/28/2014Service was great, view was outstanding and the food was delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014Great restaurant! We love going to the Odyssey, where service is there number one priority. Great food, and menu selections. The scenic view is breathtaking. We are greeted with a lovely welcome. Dining there is always a pleasure. We join the Loyalty Club. I will say it's worth it to join. We have gained many rewards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Customer ServiceKathyDined on 8/24/2014We scheduled brunch to celebrate my mom's 70th birthday but when we got there a water main has broke and the restaurant was closed. They wanted us to wait and see if it could be repaired and yet the plumber had not even arrived. I booked it online and they should have had my information to email or call with this problem but there was no communication that I saw. Not at all the birthday bash my mom was hoping for. I would have been okay if they would have had a suggestion for another place...something to help their customers. Not going there again...ever!Special Features:
- Go for the view. Terrible service.Czr1094Dined on 8/23/2014The view was great. Service was terrible. Once we ordered our waiter took forever to bring us out our food. I'd say about an hour and twenty minutes. Some of the food was already a bit cold. Soda was flat. Kids Mac and cheese was nasty. The waiter never came to ask us how everything was or if we needed refills on our drinks. For the price that we paid you would expect top quality service. Waited about 30 minutes to get our check. By far the worst service we have ever received at any restaurant. The view is great. Other than that I would not recommend. Try at your own risk...Special Features:
- Not What It Used To BeAFormerFanDined on 8/23/2014I was very disappointed with the food and service after having gone to this restaurant for many years. While the server was attentive at the beginning, she somewhat vanished after taking our order. The food was ok at best; not what I expected at this price.Special Features:
- ODYSSEY OF FABULOUS FOODLATINAYADDAYADDADined on 8/23/2014Took my sister and son for the Saturday brunch. Our reservation was at 11 a.m. which was perfect because we got a window seat with amazing view. The selection at the buffet was amazing. Great made to order omelets, roast turkey, roast beef and the prime rib was fantastic! Other goodies included a great selection of sushi, snow crabs, salads, fresh fruit and waffles. Don't get me started on the desserts which were some of the best I've had including chocolate mousse, fruit tarts, coconut macaroons (fantastic) and assorted cakes and cookies. That meal was fit for a queen. Waitress was accommodating and plates were regularly removed. Definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love view, food not even closeHankBDined on 8/22/2014Met for a birthday dinner, menu sounded terrific. The selection was good, we had 3 different dishes, but were all disappointed in the food. We will not return, we were very disappointed. Not a high bar to find a restaurant with better food.Special Features:
- Best Ever Restaurant with A View!!!WonderfulDined on 8/20/2014I go there on special occasions as well as for brunch. I have no complains everything is always great! The coconut mojitos are amazing.So lucky to live so close to this Gem!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice brunchNICEDined on 8/17/2014I reserved a table for 8 (7 attended). I sent a message with my reservation saying we were celebrating birthdays for two 18 years olds. We were surprised when the server Jesus brought two slices of cheesecake with candles for each of the kids. VERY nice!! The atmosphere was pleasant and relaxed. The food was delicious and abundant. The waffle server (female) was very very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good4birthdaydinnerDined on 8/16/2014Food was very good - quite expensive. Spectacular view. 4 weddings going on simultaneously and we were one of the non wedding tables that were kinda just forgotten. We had 3 or 4 different server/waiters- I think because the place was so busy with weddings. So the cake with candle I ordered days before was out and forgotten. The interior is quite rundown which is surprising because they must be bringing in serious cash with all the business. They really bed to upgrade the interior to fit prices and view. The steaks we had were very good though and will probably try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great rememberenceanivfindDined on 8/12/2014This was the first time we had been back to the Odyssey in 25 years. This was the first place we had our honeymoon dinner when we arrived in CA. Went back 25 years later and still was amazing. Food was outstanding and the atmosphere was quiet and relaxing. Great place for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchGoodFoodDined on 8/10/2014We came here for brunch on Sunday and the food was amazing. The atmosphere was also great! I had an amazing time. We went later in the day though and it seemed like only one server was working, so it felt understaffed. I have also been here for happy hour, get there early/right on time for a good table in the bar and the sangria is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEEDS MAJOR RENNOVATINGFIREFIGHTERRICKDined on 8/7/2014Hello- The Odyssey was built in 1970 and needs a major rennovation. Everything is still original from 1970. Ceiling needs allot of work along the the fire sprinkler that are rusted out. The building needs to be gutted and rennovated very much. WAY OUTDATED!!!!!!!!!! Food and service was AWESOME, but the building needs alot of work.....The hill in from needs to be also landscaped. I'm a firefighter and it's a fire hazard to the restuaurant and near by residences. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great time.KuzeyDined on 8/3/2014The quality and the varieties in the brunch buffet were outstanding. It is a bit pricy, especially if you are not a meat-eater or a morning-meat-eater, and/or not in the mood of eating in large quantities. Two options (unlimited refill vs 1-time or vegetarian etc), priced variably, would be great; with a deal like this, if I had lived in LA, I would be regular for the brunch. Also, one thing which is left weak in the buffet was cheese, especially for foreigners and those who would like to eat cheese as it is. The scenery and atmosphere was great. The service was outstanding. We had real fun trying this place.Special Features:
- Great view, that's about it.!!!beto71Dined on 7/27/2014Too bad the food didn't match the great view, the food looked and tasted like it had been sitting there for a while, the ribs were hard, the crab legs, oh never mind there wasn't any!!! It took more then 45 minutes before the mountain of ice had any crab legs available, the omelette and pasta bar had only one person taking order as well as going to the kitchen to refill the empty ingredient containers, I give her an applause for running up and down like crazy managing all this things her self, while I was watting for her to take my order she must of asked 5 different people to bring her mushrooms, nobody care to help her, but all this resulted on a very long wait for my omelette, I consider my self a very reasonable person, but this wasn'tSpecial Features:
- What we thinkLuv2DineoDined on 7/27/2014The server that waited us is a gem. She met all our needs plus. With 44 years working there,she would be a wonderful spokesperson for the business. For the food most was O.K. The fried rice was way to gummy with big chunks of meat,and,way to much spices in It,I also had pork sausage not cooked all the way thru,but overall the rest was O.K We were sch,for 9:00, we got there at 9:50 and had to wait outside,they let another couple in to use the restroom,but then locked the door again. We were let in at 9:05 , the other couple was able to stay in there. Your server was so delightful,that we will be coming back,more Sundays then usual, for,Great service,good food, and a History Lesson about our neighborhood. YeaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be there for the viewijordanDined on 7/21/2014Ok food but amazing view, especially relaxing at the top of the hill enjoying the sunset and watching horrific freeway traffic, life is good, at the moment !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 48 reviews are from the Odyssey reviews archive.
- Service countsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2012Our server was wonderful. We asked for him to take his time with us as he did. His wine pairing was right on the money, dessert selection ending a great meal.Special Features:
- The View is EverythingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/8/2012The Odyssey is known more now for it's view than it's food. I have been coming here for years and the view never seems to dissappoint. Food is mediocre and familiar; kind of like home cooking that tries to have an upscale flair.Special Features:
- A Gem in the ValleycalcaribeDined on 3/24/2012No objections from this satisfied customer. What a view! What a great menu and I loved the open buffet Can't find a better place to see the entire valley and enjoy good food with loved ones. We went for a family reunion and all left happily impressed. We will go back again especially for the brunch. This is the best deal in the valley and probably in Los Angeles County, for a Sunday Champagne Brunch. You owed it to yourself to check this gem out. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great service. Nice view andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/17/2012Great service. Nice view and ambiance. Food pretty good overall. I would go back.
- I took my wife out for a surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/10/2012I took my wife out for a surprise Valentine's Day dinner. She nor myself had ever been to The Odyssey. We absolutely LOVED IT!! The ambience was great. The food was delicious and the service was great as well. I would definitely recommend The Odyssey to any man that wants to treat the special woman in his life to a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Easter yearlyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/24/2011We have been going there for Family Easter and find it a great place for everyone!Special Features:
- Birthday outingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/30/2011The service was fair. The food was not as good as I had expected. Shanghai Reds is much better. At the end the waiter never gave us our receipt, we believe he was trying to pocket some of the money, seemed very strange to us.Special Features:
- Love the sunday brunch itsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2011Love the sunday brunch its a great place for family or just friendsSpecial Features:
- Ambiance matters...DJ2432Dined on 5/29/2011Went here for a birthday brunch with 10 people and we were seated near a door in a room filled with large parties and lots of kids. I have no problems with kids but our group had none and it would have been nicer had they sat us in an area that was not filled with kids. We were also near the kids food set up which made it worse. We still made the best of it but next time, I'll request a different area. Food was good...they have a nice brunch and very nice view outside.
- The food wasnt as great asOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2011The food wasnt as great as I had hoped for but it was a mothers day function so the amount of food available was enormous. I think the flavors need to be fine tuned a bit but overall this place was a win.
- Went for a birthday brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/1/2011Went for a birthday brunch. Had to wait even though we had a reservation; didn't get seated next to the window as requested. Food was fair, but not great. Meats overcooked; eggs benedict super runny. Overall enjoyed the location, but the food / chefs really need work.Special Features:
- The view The view The view.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/27/2011The view The view The view. Great special occasion dining in the hills overlooking the San Fernando Valley.Special Features:
- Definitely worth it!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/20/2011Excellent food and service, not to mention the spectacular views...definitely recommendSpecial Features:
- Good date place, great view.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/19/2011Good date place, great view. Lots of wedding their, big property. Food was a 4/5Special Features:
- New York Steak was barelyOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/19/2011New York Steak was barely edible. Gristle and cartilage made it almost impossible to cut, let alone chew! We figured it wouldn't do any good to send it back. This was probably the quality they offered. But at $29.95 a steak, pretty outrageous. The wine by the glass was a generous pour, however. As this was a reunion of sorts, we ignored the negative and just enjoyed our conversation and the beautiful view as we sat at the window. Had not been there in years and I see no reason to go back.Special Features:
- Well we went to the OdysseyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/25/2010Well we went to the Odyssey for a holiday brunch, and I got food poisoning off of the Green Lipped Mussels. Other than the Mussels and their revenge the food was tasty and good, and for a holiday brunch it was not too bad, albeit noisy. They comp'd us another meal because of the food poisoning, and that was okay, but left a lot to be desired. The carved prime rib did not taste as fresh as it might, and the servers had some problems with understanding one's requests. Albeit it is a great venue, overlooking the SFV I don't think we will be back, at my birthday the waiter was less than attentive, and then the two brunches left much to be desired. I wish I could have liked it more, but I do not feel that it is worth the cost.
- As far as service in my opinionOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2010As far as service in my opinion The Odyssey is top notch. How ever the only thing i found amusing is being in the outdoor section. I don't want to sit and complain but the prices we paid were outragious. I was not fully satisfied. I expected more for mine and my partners expirence.Special Features:
- One of the best Sunday brunchesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/30/2010One of the best Sunday brunches in the Valley... If you can think of it, it's there!Special Features:
- I have to admit the view isOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/28/2010I have to admit the view is beautiful. The food ordinary. The stuffed mushrooms were not good at all and tasted like they had been frozen then warmed up in the microwave. My friend had the steak which she said was good. I had the scallops which were nothing special. The mojitos were delicious, they do pour a good drink there.Special Features:
- This was a very pleasant placeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/10/2010This was a very pleasant place to linger over lunch with a friend. The view was spectacular, and the interior was impressive. The food was decent, but the menu choices were very limited - and they had run out of the one item my friend really wanted. There is also a buffet on weekdays, with a different type of cuisine each day (e.g., seafood, Italian). We would be interested in trying the buffet next time.Special Features:
- Went here for me and my girlfriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/19/2009Went here for me and my girlfriends anniversary, it was beautiful and romantic. Food was great. We got a seated next to the window with a great view of the sunset and the valley! Going here again!
- Went for brunch with friendOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2009Went for brunch with friend great food decent price. Dinner would probably be beautiful for a date :)Special Features: