2400 Koa Ave.
Honolulu, HI 96815Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.odorikohawaii.com/
- Phone: (808) 923-7368
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 12:00am (last food order at 11:30pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Odoriko's Japanese and western style private rooms provide atmosphere and comfort for as many as 100 guests. Plan a spectacular and memorable event, sing and have fun, and celebrate the delicious, merry traditions of Odoriko Restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Akiko Takei 8089237368x
- Entertainment: Private party and karaoke rooms are available for any occasion. Party menus can be created to fit your price range.
Karaoke rooms may be used from 9PM. Reservations recommended. Price for Karaoke are as follows:
- 2 ~ 9 persons: 1 hour $30
- 10 or more persons: 1 hour $40
Open 7 days a week from 6AM to midnight
Odoriko, located in the the Kings Village behind the Hyatt Hotel, is away from the bustle of the usual Waikiki traffic. It offers outdoor dining, validated parking and space for private parties of up to 100. Come visit the premier Japanese restaurant in Waikiki soon!
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
- amazedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014I took my girlfriend here during our staycation. And it was somewhere new for both of us. Tucked away right off of the strip down a quiet alley. As soon as you walk in, it feels like you walked into an authentic restaurant in Osaka. The food was awesome, and so fresh. Exceeded all of my expectations. I'm definitely looking at my schedule for when I can book another night there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findemwongDined on 10/16/2014Found this restaurant using OpenTable and it was good. There seemed to be a lot of high priced sushi restaurants in Waikiki, but this one seemed reasonable. Waiter was very helpful and let us sample the sake to see which we would like. Food came out quickly and was hot and tasty. Overall, it was a good find and I certainly would go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Japanese FoodrsgregDined on 8/17/2014Great place in Honolulu for Japanese food. We really enjoyed eating there, it was very good. The ambience is OK, you feel that this is one of the oldest Japaneae restaurants in Honolulu. A slight renovation could help the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick Dinnerinuki19Dined on 8/14/2014The dinner was yummy, fresh, and quick. It was a slow night and I've been to many restaurants where slow night strangely equals bad service night. Not the case here. The servers were tentative and responsive. I had the grilled squid, abalone, and Hawaiian style poke. The poke was fresh, seasoned well, and came out quickly. I'm kind of strange that I like my squid chewy and even though it's more tender than I like, I enjoyed it because it had the right amount of chewiness with tenderness. The abalone was fresh and mixed well with the sauce it came with. Overall, very good food, good service, quiet atmosphere. They do add a service charge aka tip but that's probably because of the Asian tourists. I would come again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmosphere!tctmDined on 7/30/2014The food was good, but my server was great. He gave me lots of attention and great advice on the location I was visiting. (Waikiki) Also, I really enjoyed the atmosphere. Great alley-behind-hotel location, great authentic decor, with a seemingly younger, hipper crowd mixed with an older, more ethnic crowd. (i.e. lots of young Navy men and mature Asian patrons. No teens/children.) Love the complimentary pot of tea I received at the end of my meal. Will go again next time I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40 years and going strongHawaiiBeerLoverVIPDined on 7/27/2014Fresh fish and awesome hand rolled sushi, gyoza dumplings, teriyaki beef, sashimi...everything was so delicious. Service was friendly and attentive. Food arrived quickly. A nice hidden restaurant off Kalakaua Avenue behind the Hyatt (Kings Village).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 75 reviews are from the Odoriko Restaurant reviews archive.
- Food tasty, great combo optionsChristySVIPDined on 7/22/2014They had a great 2/3 item combination option. Our waiter deserted us at the end of the meal and I had to go to the desk to ask for our bill.
- confused sushitravelingLuxDined on 7/19/2014The food in particular Sushi is very high quality but the menu is odd and confusing even to the waitstaff who are completely thrown by questions like "Can I order nigiri?" Just getting several pieces of sushi along with a roll (mayo on a cali roll? Ew.) was a trick. The shabu shabu had high quality beef but uninteresting and scanty choice of veggies and condiments. We also had to specifically request bowls to eat the broth. In a four dollar sign restaurant I found all of this pretty annoying.Special Features:
- Great for Sushi & SidesLuvOfTeaVIPDined on 7/3/2014This restaurant has been here for over 25+ years and a still a great place to dine. Sushi size and portion is still great and the flavors authentic. Parking is very scarce after 5 pm so be prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable ServiceAllenOhanaDined on 6/15/2014OpenTable made reservations for a time that the restaurant was not even open! It was just by luck that I called the restaurant beforehand to check on their menu items that I learned about this and, that was just after getting the second e-mail notification from OpenTable about the bogus reservation! I will not use your service again! Getting the reservation times right is a basic feature and you couldn't even get that right!Special Features:
- Hidden gem in WaikikiOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/13/2014Dining establishment had very good service. We ordered sukiyaki and it was delicious! Servers were very friendly! I would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice as usualVladDined on 6/6/2014The service was really good. Enjoyed the fish as usual. Will go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic feelVladDined on 5/31/2014Very nice Japanese restaurant close to Waikiki and the main street. The ambiance inside is really nice, fish was fresh and delicious. Good service and not too expensive.Special Features:
- Great traditional Japanese cuisinesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/16/2014Great traditional Japanese restaurant with awesome servers and atmosphere. And the food was outstandingSpecial Features:
- Love the food!happygirl808Dined on 5/8/2014The salmon was amazing, it just melts in your mouth. most of the menu is ala cart style; however, there are plenty of box set dinners towards the back of the menu but they are a bit pricy. The ala cart style is ideal for drinking with friends and trying and sampling different foods. Overall great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a jewel one streetEatTheWorldDined on 3/27/2014This is a jewel one street back from the main Waikiki drag. We walked by this place several times and finally were pulled in by my wife's craving for Japanese cuisine. All I can say is we dined at La Mer, arguably the best restaurant on the island, for a special occasion a couple nights before and while their food, service, and ambience was superb (of course), we actually preferred Odoriko. A different vibe, but food, service and ambience were at least the equal of the best places we have been. The sashimi and rolls are very good; and, we specifically recommended the the seafood casserole served in an abelone shell and the Odoriko roll to our friends.I would recommend this to a friend.
- above-average Japanese faredkl999Dined on 1/18/2014Some of the combination meals were pricey but our group of three circumvented that by ordering à la carte and sharin Chinese-style. BBQ ribs/chicken and butterfish were delish! Ahi poke and edamame were so-so. Server was super- (almost too-) attentive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- friendly staff, varied menurobinDined on 1/12/2014Lots of different tastes on the menu. The best thing about the restaurant, I think, is the openness and outdoor seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Japanese foodJLFergVIPDined on 1/11/2014The waiter here was fabulous and friendly, prompt without being intrusive. He made recommendations to let us know what we were ordering might not be what we expected. (Seaweed salad that was unlike the kind they serve throughout most of the US but was authentically Japanese). He also suggested entrees that we really enjoyed. I'd dine here again when in Honolulu. It is a beat off the beaten path of the usual spots in Waikiki but it is well worth it...and it was full of actual Japanese natives, which I think is a good sign they are doing this food right--without Americanizing it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was good, but I've had betterACSicilianoDined on 1/4/2014Found Odoriko on Google. My wife doesn't like seafood, and we chose this place because it claimed to have steaks. Not so much. The sushi and sashimi was fresh and delicious. I had the Sashimi 'plate' A, and the Dragon roll. As the title states, it was goo - but I've had better elsewhere. This is in Waikiki, so understand that it is going to be FILLED with Japanese tourists. 98% of the patrons were Japanese tourists. Given all of the options available on Oahu, I won't be going back to Odoriko.Special Features:
- Not recommendedFoodie4HawaiiDined on 1/3/2014Food had no taste and portions were way to small for the price we paid. We would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- Poor food at a poor locationTraveller0024Dined on 1/1/2014Poor location: if you sit on the outdoor terrace, you get to hear the rumble of busses awaiting to load tourists from the back of the Hyatt hotel across the street. Poor food: the sushi was mostly rice with little fish; the sashimi of doubtful freshness and insufficient quantity; and our noodle dish, akin what you get from a ready-to-eat store-bought bowl to which you add boiling water. On the plus side, the Macadamia nut tofu was both tasty and textured, but not sufficient to warrant a
- The lobster & sushi WateishokuFoodieVIPDined on 10/11/2013The lobster & sushi Wateishoku sets were very good. Excellent price & a good amount of good quality food. The servers were very attentive and food was served very quick.Special Features:
- Great menu, excellent service.xnycopVIPDined on 9/2/2013Excellent overall experience. Varied menu, great service and reasonable prices. Always a winner.Special Features:
- Great Find! Thanks OpenTable!leelee808VIPDined on 8/25/2013Found this restaurant through an OpenTable search. Excellent service! Delicious food! Great portions! Convenient parking in Waikiki! Recommend this place for everyone!Special Features:
- We enjoyed dining at OdorikoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2013We enjoyed dining at Odoriko during our "staycation weekend." Locals often overlook this gem that has been around for forty years. Service was good; the staff helped each other out and always remembered to check on us despite the fact that we were seated at a more private table in the corner. The sushi was fresh, but rather pricey for such a small roll. Finally, the yuzu pepper chicken was overdone and would have been dry & tasteless without the accompanying sauce. Our server gave us complimentary dessert with tea for making us wait a short while for a check, and made it a point to inform us verbally that gratuity had already been added to the final bill. Overall, it was a nice experience, and I would visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good at a reasonable priceCOgirlVIPDined on 6/13/2013Everything in Honolulu is so expensive everywhere, but this place was very reasonably priced - food was regally good and portions fairly generous. Sushi and sashimi were very fresh and the tempura udon was also very good. Pitchers of Kirin for less than $20 also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastis sashimi!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/25/2013Fantastic sashimi! A must visit restaurant in Waikiki!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good DinningJimmyDined on 5/2/2013Odoriko, has a very pleasing atmosphere that can be romantic as well as festive. the food is good nothing great but well worth the pricing. Their beer and sake selection is fair and can accommodate all. our server was very friendly and appreciated the fact that we were "locals" and regarded us as possible return customers, rather than their normal one shot tourists customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushiCathyDined on 5/1/2013The restaurant had amazing sushi and very quick service. The hot pots looked really good, so we'll be back to try them some other night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi & shabu shabuOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/29/2013Nice local spot for sushi & shabu shabu. Not trendy...Japanese style decor. Food as great. Our kids (8yrs & 10yrs) enjoyed the food & the experience of shabu shabu. I would recommend this restaurant.
- Odoriko, hidden gem in the junglemadandhungryaboutitDined on 2/14/2013I had seen several reviews of the restaurant good and bad but the food reviews were the draw for me. We showed up there with an open mind and could see how things could get out of control there pretty easily. Our visit there was quite romantic and wonderful. Our server Mike, a nice young man, was helpful and his suggestions were right on for our palette. The food was excellent and we would recommend the home made tofu for sure.Special Features:
- A group of us came to dinePJGMDDined on 2/7/2013A group of us came to dine here. There is a special menu that you have to ask for which includes larger sashimi offerrings. We ordered a large boat which came with a lot of raw sashimi that we are not used to including raw shrimp and raw lobster as well as raw oysters with raw quail eggs. Overall, the fish was very fresh but was maybe not what we were used to (raw lobster was not as good as cooked in my opinion). A few others ordered hot items which were good including cooked fish and cooked meats. Rolls were ok, was not blown away by any of the selection and was pricey. Overall, was solid 3 stars. Servers were attentive.Special Features:
- Our service was slow despiteOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/7/2013Our service was slow despite the restaurant seeming to be nearly empty when we went for lunch (there were 3 or 4 other tables seated). The food arrived fast after we finally ordered, but otherwise we were kept waiting after we got our menus and after we finished our meal. The inside is dark and the chairs are black metal so they're hard to see; I banged my elbow and the waitress accidentally spilled sauce on my companion when she hit one. Also, because there are wide doors open to the road and there is a large hotel across the street, the noise of delivery trucks, tour buses and other big vehicles was prominent. We still could hear our conversation for the most part, but you might want to skip this place if you're looking for a quiet time.Special Features:
- Open Table Reservations Beware.JTWHoustonVIPDined on 1/5/2013We made an Open Table reservation, however, when we arrived we were told that we would not be seated at the reservation time, that we would have to wait, as there was a long line of people waiting to be seated. We asked why they took a reservation on-line and we were told that when we made the reservation, there was an opening, however, since making the reservation, many people walked up and they seated them, so we had to wait in line. Why then do they take on-line reservations???? After a brief discussion with a manager, we were seated at the sushi bar, which turned out to be very enjoyable. The food was good, waiters attentive, and an energetic atmosphere. A popular location.
- We arrived early for a dinnerteachertravelerVIPDined on 12/31/2012We arrived early for a dinner reservation and our waiter offered us the luncheon price for two orders of shabu-shabu (a savings of 50%), and our meal was very good. We were served promptly, and our waiter and other wait staff members checked on us regularly to make sure we were happy. We were given more food than we could eat. Our waiter was friendly and humorous without being over familiar, and with his help we concluded our meal quickly and departed before the New Year's Eve crowds arrived. This is a very good value for Waikiki.
- Had to make an early reservationSurfadudeDined on 12/30/2012Had to make an early reservation on a Sunday. I can see why. It became very busy.Special Features:
- Our server, Michael, couldOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/21/2012Our server, Michael, could not have been more gracious. Talked us through menu, made suggestions and was very pleasant. Tempura, beef and rolls were all excellent. A great haven away from the craziness of Waikiki.
- Awesome lunch menu with veryNikolDined on 11/15/2012Awesome lunch menu with very reasonable prices in Waikiki! Issues with the credit card machine though...a colleague and I both had credit cards and both cards didn't go through initially, but eventually my card did go through. My lunch was supposed to be paid for by my colleague as this was a business lunch.Special Features:
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/2/2012I have passed by this place many times and never gave it much thought. We decided to have dinner there one evening and everything we had was great. Service was ok, not bad but not superb but good enough. The price is a bit high but you are in Waikiki so it is on par for the area.Special Features: