O'Donoghue's Bar and Grill
591 South Collier Boulevard
Marco Island, FL 34145Neighborhood:
IrishPrice: $30 and under
O'Donoghue's Bar and Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://odonoghuesbarandgrill.com/
- Phone: 2393890032
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Irish
- Executive Chef: Rick Ruble
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have the capability of utilizing the back portion of our restaurant as a private room for functions. There is also a fully stocked bar that can be dedicated to your party. On certain occasions we can utilize the entire restaurant for a private functions.
- Private Party Contact: Gavin Donaghy 2393890032
A word from O'Donoghue's Bar and Grill
At O'Donoghue's it's about the quality of the drink over the quantity. We have attempted to bring the customer the many alternative drink options available from around the world with a particular focus on the fine stout, lager, and spirits that have made there way across the Atlantic from Ireland.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
O'Donoghue's Bar and Grill - Best Restaurants in Marco Island ›
O'Donoghue's Bar and Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great Food & Outstanding Servicewgs7Dined on 4/21/2014Had the Shepard's Pie and Onion Soup and both very VERY good! Good selection of draft and bottled beers. The only thing better than the food was the service. Be sure to ask for Amanda, she is super!!!!! She was extremely attentive and very friendly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoy coming here almostRocketDined on 3/15/2014We enjoy coming here almost every Sat. evening. Fine food, excellent waitress etc. Onc area that my wife and I comment on every time is the hostess could be friendlier. She could smile and welcome the guests. She comes across as very unfriendly and this probably is not her.Special Features:
- Saturday night just beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/15/2014Saturday night just before St. Patrick's day. Good corned beef and cabbage. Good fish and chips. High-top seating in bar area. Restaurant tables in the back, with live Irish music and another bar. Very casual and enjoyable decent food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch vs. DinnerPegWVIPDined on 2/28/2014We had a great lunch there. Terrific food. The Dinner however was disappointing. The "pork tenderloin" was not tenderloin but in fact was pork loin. Lots of difference. Noise level seemed a bit loud even for a pub. The live music was fine but don't try to have a conversation while they are playing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Potatoe Famine hits Marco IslandTrixieVIPDined on 2/27/2014We arrived and met our friends and as we were seated were informed that any dishes that came with potatos were not available nor were there any rolls!! No potatoes at a so called Irish Pub! That's right there signature dish which is Sheperds Pie not available, boiled dinner, nope !! I asked if the potatoe famine had hit Marco and if not why not run up to public and buy some ?! Since there were five of us and we knew we would not be able to get in any where else we stayed. Mistake. !!! The service was awful ! We needed to ask the bus boy numerous times to get our waitress. When we asked for another drink,ketchup etc....she never returned and when she did we would ask again !
- No need to returnMountainMaryVIPDined on 2/27/2014Food was just okay. Fish and chips could have been much better. Fish was soggy and the fries lack luster.
- DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2014Without the live Irish Music this restaurant is a disappointment. The food is overpriced for what you get. Too many better options on the Island for dinner then to return here.
- As always the food was servedRocketDined on 2/22/2014As always the food was served in a timely manner. The food is served hot and always tastes very good. We always find the waitresses friendly and attentive. This has become our Saturday night destination for dinner and drinks.Special Features:
- Skip this onefoodtravelerDined on 2/16/2014The food is bland and our server was less than competent. There are so many other comparably priced restaurants on Marco Island that offer much better food and value.
- Excellent serviceRocketDined on 1/25/2014I would like to commend our server, Amanda. This is the 2nd time we have had her and she is outstanding. We will ask for her in the futureSpecial Features:
- We enjoyed the Irish atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/17/2014We enjoyed the Irish atmosphere including the food the drinks and the music. The service was also good, helpful, friendly but not overbearing. We will go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missing WaitressAnthonyVIPDined on 1/10/2014Bad Service, Soggy French Fries. They need Crazy Jack of the Food Network too fix this place!!!!!!!!
- Great PlaceRocketDined on 12/31/2013Food was very good. Our waitress was friendly and made us feel very special. We always find this restaurant's food very good. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good casual dininglike2dineDined on 12/30/2013Looking for a step above traditional bar fare? This hits the mark. Fantastic burgers and decent appetizers along with a solid list of beers makes this a good choice for casual dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FailureSandyDined on 12/28/2013Very LOUD live Irish music - you couldn't have a conversation at your table! Food was bland. Four onion soup tasted like it came from a can; reuben sandwich sat on the plate too long before it was delivered - very soggy on one side and not very good. Wait staff appeared overwhelmed and not attentive. Restaurant decor tired and old. Had high expectations of good pub food, watching a great hockey game, and relaxing. Instead, we ate quickly, and left as soon as possible. There are plenty of other options on the Island - would not recommend this establishment.
- Food an service were good.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2013Food an service were good. Live music too loud. Made it very hard to cart on a conversation. When mentioned to server we were told they are aware but cannot do anything about it,Special Features:
- I'll be backAmsansDined on 9/21/2013It's a brilliant idea to have app sized shepherds pie. It is delicious too, Bartender Gavin excellent customer service!Special Features:
- We had reservations althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/17/2013We had reservations although the restaurant was pretty empty. Hostess was nice and sat us right away. We waited with our menus while two waitresses sat and talked with customers at the bar and at a nearby table. After being ignored for 10-12 minutes we got up and left.
- Great Irish Music, but a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/20/2013Great Irish Music, but a little loud. Good food, friendly waitress. Good location to walk to from many hotels and condos.
- Excellent food. FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/10/2013Excellent food. Friendly and attentive wait staff.Special Features:
- A very noisy place in thatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/5/2013A very noisy place in that we had a hard time with ANY table conversation Food was not bad, but nothing special either.
- Service was awful, soup andMaryTDined on 3/4/2013Service was awful, soup and salad cane after the dinners, no spoons were served with the soup, no ketchup or mustard served, I had to get up and get from the service table after a passing waitress, not ours refused to bring some saying 'I'm not your waitress'. The musicians was so loud you could not hear the person next to you. The food was good and I know they are getting settled in to their new location but I won't be back this year.
- Very bad food, poor service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/4/2013Very bad food, poor service. Arrogant management. But perhaps that is what you get when you're the only Irish restaurant in town. STAY AWAY!!
- Take your guests hereLovelandersDined on 3/2/2013Wonderful Irish food and drink. Live music makes you want to sing along, makes you part of the energy!Special Features:
- Food was good. VERY noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/1/2013Food was good. VERY noisy due to tables being in bar area. Next time would probably go at lunchtime in hopes of more tolerable noise level.Special Features:
- Frequent visitor. Fun, IrishTOMW1Dined on 2/26/2013Frequent visitor. Fun, Irish Pub environment. Food, as always, very good. Service was marginal.Special Features:
- First time here in its newCHansDined on 2/23/2013First time here in its new location at Marco Walk. Food was spotty - Corned beef was dry, Shepherd's Pie was just OK, Fish & Chips was good. Entertainment was great, but so loud that dinner conversation was impossible. Servers could not remember who ordered what. I hope this experience was just "growing pains" since the restaurant had been open only about a week, and maybe things weren't in sync yet. Best of luck to O'Donoghue's and I hope to return for many years.
- The quality of the food couldeveningoutVIPDined on 2/20/2013The quality of the food could be better. Music and entertainment on Wed night was excellentSpecial Features:
- We had a great time listeningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2013We had a great time listening to the music and signing along with the Irish musicians. Service was a little slow, but the place was very busy, and they did not expect such a great reception. The food was good and everyone enjoyed their selection. The Irish are not known for food, but the atmosphere was great and this is going to be a popular, fun spot.Special Features:
- In a word a disaster.... maybeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/9/2013In a word a disaster.... maybe they havent got used to the recent move from a place we used to like to the new bar... but we waited 35 minutes after seating for a drink, the food was not good and the seating squashed and uncomfortable. You just felt crammed in to make them more money, but I suppose we had Irish music of some sort!
- Nothing special, not so greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/9/2013Nothing special, not so great food and way to crowded for good service.Special Features: