17500 Depot Street, Suite 180
Morgan Hill, CA 95037Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.odeumrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (408) 782-5151
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Salvatore Calisi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Odeum offers off-site catering for all of you private functions and dining needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Odeum offers an on-site banquet facility, seating up to 85 people, in our beautiful and historic Granary Building. The facility is perfect for receptions, corporate events, holidays, and all of your special events. We offer both individually plated and family style menus. Enjoy our uniquely crafted cuisine in an equally unique facility, featuring vaulted ceilings, ample natural lighting, and a rustic touch of the past.
- Private Party Contact: Ashley Polston 4087825151
- Entertainment: Traditionally, an "Odeum" was a Roman and Greek meeting place for the arts. At Odeum, you will also experience the arts, as the restaurant offers a rotating art exhibit of local artists, as well as live entertainment, and the Chef's culinary masterpieces.
A word from Odeum
At Odeum Restaurant, Chef Calisi combines Roman and Greek cuisine with Spanish influences, and includes his creative and fun flair to traditional dishes. The Chef spares no expense with the best octopus imported from Spain and the salmon imported from Scotland, fresh local organic vegetables, and grass-fed beef from Australia and the Midwest, yet provides his customers with a reasonably priced menu, fit for every budget. Chef Calisi has not only trained with the very best in his field at the finest restaurants in New York and Italy, but also has a Michelin star to tuck in his toque, which he received during his tenure as Executive Chef and Partner at Dio Deka in Los Gatos. At Odeum, Chef Calisi gives each customer a Michelin Star experience, from his personal welcoming at the door, to his phenomenal culinary masterpieces, and exquisite plating and presentation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Odeum reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (99)special occasion (78)neighborhood gem (77)great for outdoor dining (72)romantic (56)good for groups (42)notable wine list (41)great for lunch (35)great for brunch (35)hot spot (22)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (10)vibrant bar scene (7)scenic view (1)Show More
- MItsiMItsiDined on 11/9/2014Odeum is a good place for upscale and unique dishes. I had chicken served over a savory waffle. It was very good especially if you feel just a little adventuresome and want to try something new.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebrate30Dined on 11/8/2014My friends and I always look forward to coming here for lunch or dinner. For lunch, we had an Odeum gyro and a beet salad--delicious! And the cosmospolitans with orange vodka are divine!Special Features:
- Excellence in Morgan HillOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2014The aroma is the first thing that brought us to Odeum. We were walking in Morgan Hill and i had to follow my nose to find out what restaurant was producing the incredible scents. We vowed to go there the next time we planned to go out to dinner. From the moment you walk in the staff is warm and welcoming and i love the open kitchen. We've returned, probably 5 or 6 times and every meal has been incredible. A little on the pricey side, but worth it. The flat bread is unforgettable and you must save room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensivefrugalfrancesDined on 10/29/2014Odeum is a nice restaurant, but the prices are ridiculously high--filet mignon was $48. I'll dine elsewhere next time.Special Features:
- Excellent foodAngelastakeonfoodDined on 10/26/2014I have been to Odeum for brunch and lunch on a few different occasions. The food has been excellent each time. Service has been great. Ambiance is modern and comfortable. Local artwork adorns the walls for purchase. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love OdeumAPapaDined on 10/26/2014We are never disappointed when we bring family and friends to dine at Odeum. The service is always superb and the food is amazing. Love the octopus!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new favorite...YankeeLadyDined on 10/24/2014This is our fourth visit over a couple years and every time, Odeum comes through. We always order the Quartet Appetizer because all of their Mediterranean spreads are delicious and we LOVE the crisp pita strips. Unique entrees this trip included lamb, pork, sole and salmon. All of them were served as a complete dinner with special sides and veggies for each one. Thank you again!Special Features:
- Delictable FoodTapas1Dined on 10/21/2014Chef is Michelen rated. Food is awesome. Hubby and I loved the tuna tartar and baked clam appetizers topped off by splitting the entre venison skewer with wonderful sauces. Great selection of wine and beer, I always go for the Pino Grigio. All I can say is the music was a little heavy and loud, but not enough to damper the evening. Topped off with a heavenly apple fritter-like desert (I don't remember the names of the dishes). A true gem in Morgan Hill, probably my favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch A Nice Option at OdeumKTSanMartinDined on 10/12/2014We had only eaten lunch and dinner at Odeum, so Sunday brunch was a different experience. We ate outside and initially we were disappointed that we couldn't also order from the regular lunch menu --- we were a small group celebrating a recent move to the South County area, and with most visiting from outside the area, we wanted to have available the many wonderful dining options that are on Odeum's comprehensive lunch menu. While the Brunch menu is not so extensive, we all found something that appealed in the combination of breakfast and lunch offerings. We all agreed that each of our meals were excellent...and we also ordered three desserts to share. The Talbot Pinot Noir was perfect as we dined at the well-shaded outdoor tables.Special Features:
- Best Brunch in South CountySouthCountyDinerDined on 10/12/2014I love going here for brunch especially with a group. The service is great. In this case, we were celebrating a couple of birthdays. The guests of honor were served panna cotta with a candle in a lovely presentation. The menu is varied enough that everyone can find something they like but not so extensive that you feel there is a lack of focus. All-in-all, a great place.Special Features:
- Special fare!DianaDined on 10/11/2014This is a great place if you love to try new and exciting foods. Their menu contains delicious, unique items that really impress. This is a great place for special occasions too. Our server was very knowledgeable and helpful in recommending the appetizers, main courses and the wines. They were very busy the night we went so service was a bit delayed. Otherwise, fantastic!Special Features:
- Love this place!food4funDined on 10/8/2014Always consistent with great food and service! I love the location of the restaurant in a beautiful old brick granary building. Would also recommend this place for lunch and outside dining.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceSirSauteeDined on 10/6/2014This was our second time dining for a business lunch and the staff was very attentive to our time frame. We were in and out and enjoyed every bite of the Polipo, Calamari Fritti, & Skirt Steak! A perfect place to have a business lunch!Special Features:
- DebgVIPDined on 10/3/2014I LOVED THIS RESTAURANT! IT WAS OUR FIRST TIME AND EVERYONE'S MEAL WAS FABULOUS. SAT OUTSIDE FOR A COCKTAIL FIRST AND ENJOYED THE PATIO. I CAN'T WAIT TO RETURN.Special Features:
- A Real GemTheDinerVIPDined on 10/3/2014Finally...a great restaurant in Morgan Hill. Dined there 4 times...every time we have had an excellent meal and good service.Special Features:
- I would go back everynightChefNanciDined on 9/30/2014The atmosphere is lovely. The service was impeccable. Jason, our server, was top notch - he knew his menu and his recommendations were spot on. Our table for nine was set and ready upon our arrival and it was dressed simple but so elegantly. Food - I am a chef. I can be critical when I step into a resturant. However, the menu hit ever note imaginable, ever palate will be met with the offerings on this well crafted menu. The lamb meatballs were tender and seasoned to perfection but the little sauces and relishes had me wanting more. The octopus salad had all my mouth senses standing at attention - sweet, spicey, savory and smoky. The diver scallops were over the moon delicious. I am out of room to keep writing! Just Go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ForksDined on 9/29/2014What an unexpected find! Food was fantastic - great variety, grilled octopus was nicely charred and served with tasty cannellini beans and greens and my medium rare lamb chops were cooked to perfection. Good wine list (though not overly extensive). Server was knowledgeable of the menu and wines and was quick to offer recommendations when asked. Servers were attentive but not obtrusive. All in all a great dining experience, will definitely come here again.Special Features:
- Great food.good4foodieDined on 9/29/2014Our food was tasty and the presentation, beautiful.Special Features:
- Good not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I have tried three separate times to enjoy a cocktail before dinner, each time a different bartender was on duty 2 out of 3 times the drinks were returned, they were horrible. The food is good not great it lacks consistency. The salads and deserts are amazing and the wine list is exceptional, a little over priced, but still very nice. I found the music to be very loud which in turn makes people talk louder and this this small somewhat confined space is very annoying when caring on a conversation. The restaurant is nicely decorated, very clean and the wait staff is one of the best. The cost for dinner for four with (2) bottles of wine, (1) appetizer, (4) salads, (4) entrees and (2 deserts) $452.00 + tip.Special Features:
- Wonderful food with great friendsmhultsmanDined on 9/26/2014Started off with the octopus appetizer, charred and sauteed and served in a delicious sauce. The salads were very nice. I thoroughly enjoyed the fish special, a pashuto wrapped cod served over risotto. A strange combination but it worked very well. My husband had a nice steak that he enjoyed as well. For dessert we had the mille-feuille, Bavartian creme between layers of phyllo dough and covered in toasted candied almonds. So good but definitely something to be shared. It's very large , enough to share between 4 people.Special Features:
- LoveToGolfDined on 9/21/2014On a recommendation from a friend over a year ago, I and several friends/family members have been dining at Odeum often, whether it's lunch, brunch or dinner. The food is outstanding, the service is impeccable and the restaurant is extremely clean. I have recommended this restaurant to many friends and all return with an outstanding experience. Don't pass it up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/20/2014As always the food was great and the service outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OdeumYummyCoupleDined on 9/19/2014We waited-for about twenty min, then opted for two of four counter seats facing the open kitchen. The bartender,Jennifer, was very attentive. We ordered the octopus appetizer & Brussel sprout salad, both delicious - succulent & tender grilled octopus & tangy, leafy salad with lemon vinagarette- both awesome! Our entres were a pork cutlet and chicken & waffles, which were creamy & rich- a mound of deep fried chicken breasts atop two waffles & syrup were- too rich for my taste. The pork breaded cutlet atop rich noodles was lacking in flavor & character. We left disappointed in our choices-& took no doggie bags. If you like rich, creamy food, there are a lot if choices. Next time, I'll stick to their grilled entres, which I know are delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodhollister637Dined on 9/19/2014The food was a little disappointing but nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelent Dining Experienceluv2dineDined on 9/17/2014Wonderful romantic dinner for our anniversary. Even though water melon salad was not on the menu the chef went ahead and prepared it for us. It was outstanding as well as the rest of the evening. Our waiter was engaging, friendly, and well informed. The entrees were served in a timely manner so no rushing or waiting, just perfect timing. We brought a special wine and our waiter nicely decanted so we could enjoy. Our favorite in Morgan Hill and probably all of San Jose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of the Line!damayorDined on 9/16/2014In Morgan Hill's growing repertoire of outstanding restaurants, Odeum stands out as top of the very good class. It is truly and outstanding dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not typical service levelBUCKDined on 9/16/2014Somehow the kitchen schedule efficiency was completely out of sync. Calamari took 40+ minutes to arrive and our entrees were about 70 minutes. There was only one waiter covering the outside dining area and a track star would have had challenges covering that many stations. Not typical of this restaurant so we will definitely be back. They should pin a medal on the waiter for his efforts!!!Special Features:
- brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/14/2014I came for dinner one time and was not too impressed. I tried it again for brunch and it was delicious!!Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriseChrisDined on 9/13/2014Nice little spot we'd never seen before, were lured in by glowing reviews on another site... solid food, and interesting menu with nice variety. We sat outdoors on a lovely little terrace on a beautiful evening, great meal overall.Special Features:
- Leahstephens1028Dined on 9/13/2014One of our favorite restaurants! The food is phenomenal, everything on the menu is so good it begs you to order seconds! The service is what really makes Odeun shine, every visitour waiter has made our experience unforgettable! Thank you! We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Timesdiningwith3kidsDined on 9/9/2014I've tried to go here without a reservation on a holiday with no luck - with a res. was just fine, they even pulled up another table to accommodate for another guest who joined us. I asked them via Open Table to order us a birthday dessert - they did remember, and didn't charge either. I was a bit surprised by the menu - seemed to be mostly snazzy pizzas or pricey meat entrees (not a great option for kids). Pasta was nonexistent here - all they have is gnocci (but it's handmade). Pizzas were not very tasty- note to self, order the cuisine the restaurant is known for - in this case Mediterranean food. Spanakopitas were perfectly seasoned, but there were only 3 on the appetizer plate,Portions of other foods seemed small. We ate outside.Special Features:
- NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Menu options are creative and perfectly prepared. Happy with the service and overall experience. We celebrated out 10th Anniversary there and we will return.Special Features:
- ImpeccableEnnigourmetDined on 9/4/2014The moment we entered the restaurant the aroma captured us. The ambiance was versatile for any occasion. The cocktails were exquisite. The food was unforgettable-worth every penny. You can tell the chef uses the finest ingredients. Even though the cheese was not the main ingredient in his dish, my brother in law said this is the best cheese he ever tasted. Every ingredient was tasted on the palate! Our waiter recommend a wine to go with our dish and it was the smoothest pinot noir we have ever had! This restaurant is pricey-however, don't let this be a limitation for you to try-the food and experience is worth the investment. Recommend you take friends or family for great conversation to add to this fine dining experience.Special Features:
- First TimeluvgreatfoodDined on 9/4/2014Visited the restaurant for the first time. The special birthday person had heard raved reviews and wanted to try it. We certainly were not disappointed. The food was excellent as was the service. We even met the chef who was so friendly and personable. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 60andcountingDined on 8/31/2014Tried Chicken and waffles for first time anywhere. The waiters description sold me. It was surprisingly wonderful. Do not confuse this waffle dish with a breakfast waffle. I never thought I would say I would order this again.Special Features:
- Must tryFoodheavenDined on 8/30/2014I took my wife there for our second time to celebrate 7 years of marriage. It is hands down one of the best restaurants in the Bay Area. We had the lamb chop and chicken and waffles. Both were out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014We were at home trying to figure out what we wanted for dinner so I yelped the different restaurants in the area and saw this one, which is probably the only one we never tried. So I made reservations and was amazed why we never tried this place before. The food was delicious and the service was just as good. This is definitely a must try for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall 5 StarsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014There's nothing more disappointing than a restaurant that charges high prices & serves mediocre food. At Odeum, the meal was worth every penny. Quite simply the best restaurant food we've had in years. Service was also excellent.Special Features:
- Special Occasion or OtherwiseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014I suggested this restaurant to my friends as they had never been. We were getting together to catch up, not for any specific reason except that we wanted something nicer than a chain food place. They were very happy with the choice, the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinewithachallengeDined on 8/25/2014I am handicapped, and the access was poor. There is an elevator, but when you exit, you exit to a deck and are supposed to walk around. The door into the building was locked, and when we tried to return to the elevator, that door was locked. After much anxiousness, someone reopened the door and the access was through the kitchen. It was my wife's birthday, but she did not enjoy it because I was tense about the ingress and egress conditions. I would recommend the restaurant to any of my ambulatory friends, because the service was good and the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.