17500 Depot Street, Suite 180
Morgan Hill, CA 95037Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.odeumrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4087825151
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Salvatore Calisi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Odeum offers off-site catering for all of you private functions and dining needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Odeum offers an on-site banquet facility, seating up to 85 people, in our beautiful and historic Granary Building. The facility is perfect for receptions, corporate events, holidays, and all of your special events. We offer both individually plated and family style menus. Enjoy our uniquely crafted cuisine in an equally unique facility, featuring vaulted ceilings, ample natural lighting, and a rustic touch of the past.
- Private Party Contact: Ashley Polston 4087825151
- Entertainment: Traditionally, an "Odeum" was a Roman and Greek meeting place for the arts. At Odeum, you will also experience the arts, as the restaurant offers a rotating art exhibit of local artists, as well as live entertainment, and the Chef's culinary masterpieces.
A word from Odeum
At Odeum Restaurant, Chef Calisi combines Roman and Greek cuisine with Spanish influences, and includes his creative and fun flair to traditional dishes. The Chef spares no expense with the best octopus imported from Spain and the salmon imported from Scotland, fresh local organic vegetables, and grass-fed beef from Australia and the Midwest, yet provides his customers with a reasonably priced menu, fit for every budget. Chef Calisi has not only trained with the very best in his field at the finest restaurants in New York and Italy, but also has a Michelin star to tuck in his toque, which he received during his tenure as Executive Chef and Partner at Dio Deka in Los Gatos. At Odeum, Chef Calisi gives each customer a Michelin Star experience, from his personal welcoming at the door, to his phenomenal culinary masterpieces, and exquisite plating and presentation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Odeum reviews from OpenTable diners
171 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (125)special occasion (110)neighborhood gem (100)great for outdoor dining (83)romantic (72)notable wine list (60)great for lunch (56)good for groups (41)great for brunch (41)hot spot (22)late-night find (17)vibrant bar scene (11)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (4)Show More
- Nobody ThereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We showed up but the place looked completely empty, we walked up and no workers were around to greet us at all, after a couple minutes we just left and headed over to The Good Fork in Morgan Hill
- Best Kept Secret in South Bay?JonnyCDined on 8/15/2014Odeum is one of the great restaurants in the entire South Bay, but it is sometimes overlooked because of its southernly location in Morgan Hill. This is a Mediterranean grill with superb food, an expert and welcoming staff, and a casual ambience combined with a strong commitment to excellence. If you can drive a little bit further south, you will discover how good this place is and wonder why you settled all those other evenings for food and a restuarant experience that simply can't compare.Special Features:
- Consistently AmazingpickyeaterDined on 8/13/2014Food is always amazing. The appetizers alone are worth making a trip to Morgan Hill. The service is impressive and the ambience is inviting.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014I've been to Odeum for dinner before, but this was a first time for lunch. My husband and I went mid-week on a whim and had a great experience. He didn't enjoy his special, and the server immediately replaced it with a regular menu item without any fuss at all. I loved mine - the eggplant "carbonara" is unique and flavor packed. The cost for lunch is only a couple dollars more than most other restaurants in the community, but the quality is far superior.Special Features:
- Great food and excellent servicelooking4ambianceDined on 8/9/2014There is something for most tastes here with top notch service and food presentation. We asked for a quite spot with reservation and they tried to accommodate but hard as the tables are fairly tightly packed. Good for family get togethers or gatherings of friends, not so good for a quiet romantic meal. Quite pricy and the food is a little too salty otherwise would have had a 5.Special Features:
- Home favoriteNormVIPDined on 8/7/2014Always a good place for a special occasion, the chops were cooked perfectly. The chicken and waffles was a tasty meal.Special Features:
- Great FoodVickyVIPDined on 8/7/2014My husband and I go back again and again for the Polipo (grilled octopus) - it's delicious, tender, and always perfect. This time I tried the "Appetizer" of "Eggplant Carbonara" as my main and it was definitely filling with nice flavor and texture.Special Features:
- Wonderful brunch!wineanddineVIPDined on 8/3/2014Had an amazing brunch here on August 3rd. The service by Jerry was excellent. The lamb gyro was exceptional and the smoked salmon and scrabble eggs were delicious.Special Features:
- airbiscuitDined on 8/2/2014The food and service were outstanding. Selection of wine and spirits were excellent. I am fond of single malt scotches. They had Oban, which almost nobody has. We sat in the back part of the dining room, which was much quieter than the front area where you are competing with the bar and kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow! And did I mention Wow!BigDinLBCDined on 7/26/2014What a find. And Chris made it even better. Excellent night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- octopus, anyone?FinickyFoodieDined on 7/24/2014The Octopus appetizer I often have for dinner with a salad. It is perfectly tender and with the beans and arugula is delicious meal. However, I do eat from the rest of the menu and have never been disappointed here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly Special Dining in Morgan Hillgenevieve52Dined on 7/23/2014From the ambiance to the food to the service, Odeum is superior in every way. The space has so much character, being in a restored granary building with exposed brick walls and rotating art work from local artists. The food is beautifully presented and delicious, a reflection of the award-winning chef's commitment to customer satisfaction. They pride themselves on making everything in house from scratch, using local fresh ingredients but also bringing in seafood and beef from far-away places in order to offer the best-of-the-best. Everything from the ricotta appetizer to the roast chicken is great. And, according to my husband, the steaks are pretty amazing as well. Thanks Odeum, for making our already-charming town even more special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Odeaum Is Always A HitHerVineNessDined on 7/22/2014I've eaten her quite a few times and it's always top notch in every way. The beet salad is now made with really spicy watercress, which I love, and the Asian pear makes a nice play off the pepperiness. Never had a pizza there before, and the Rustica was a major hit with my girlfriend whose birthday we were celebrating. The crust is hearty but just right and the combination of sweet and smoky flavors are offset nicely by the farm fresh egg. Delicious! Even my friend who balked at the thought of egg and asked them to put it on my side, said she'd go for it as intended next time! They served a lovely panna cotta with creme anglaise and fresh fruit for our birthday celebration and she was in heaven!Special Features:
- Awesome!JarmsDined on 7/19/2014My friend and I went to Odeum for dinner and had a great experience. The food was amazing, especially the bacon wrapped scallops and mille-feuille (layers of light, carmelized phyllo dough; toasted candied almonds; vanilla bourbon Bavarian creme, yum!). I had the gnocchi which was quite good but the appetizer and dessert were definitely the highlights. The service was definitely the best part of the experience as ALL of the staff were super friendly and attentive through out the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely ExperienceJoanneVIPDined on 7/17/2014My granddaughte and I had a lovely birthday dinner at Odeum for my recent Birthday,our every need was anticipated, after our meal the waiters who had heard my granddaughter mentiion the Lava Cake arrived with the Lava cake for her (what a presentation) and a lovely dessert with Happy Birthday written on the dessert plate for me. As they of course do not have a children's menu they prepared her a fantastic pasta dish as she requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always so well doneSanMartianDined on 7/13/2014The food here is so reliable without always being the same. Shredded brussel sprouts salad was perfect. Each dish is beautifully presented in the most interesting arrangements. We were there for a birthday person, who was presented with a treat on a large plate so Happy Birthday could be written on it with chocolate syrup. Someone called to confirm the online reservation and asked if it was for a special occasion. In every way, they do a good job of taking care of their patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchEstiveoDined on 7/13/2014The only thing keeping me from giving the food 5 stars was the coffee. The food in all aspects was delicious, but the coffee could have been from Denny's or Mickey D's. As my brother put it: standard service industry coffee based swill. That said, we will dine here again...we just won't order coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and creative cuisineHappydinerVIPDined on 7/12/2014Going to Odeum is a real treat. If you want a tasty and creative dish, this is the place to go. It has an open kitchen and it is a kick to sit at the bar and watch the cooks plate the meals. You can't help but oo-o-o and ah-h-h as the plates are being served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RembrandtDined on 7/12/2014We were seated withing minutes ot the time of our reservation. The food and service was very good. We requested seating on the outdoor veranda as the evening was warm and balmy As usual the food served was attractive to see and wonderful to eat. For appetizers our table had the calamari, kaftedes and two different offered salads. For main course we had steak (which was slightly overdone), the chicken and finally the pork chops. I have been to Odeum a number of times and I find it a gem. Parking is not a problem and the food is always above par.Special Features:
- a pleasant surprisegodesseDined on 7/12/2014we never think of morgan hill as a destination for fine dining - shame on us -until close friends suggested Odeum for a celebratory dinner. The overall quality of the dishes served as well as their presentation, taste and texture was outstanding. We will recommend the restaurant to others and we will be back for special occasions.Special Features:
- Pricey for the qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2014For the price you can do better. We spent $150 for 2 people (including 2 drinks) but there are many places in South Bay where you can do much better for the same price.Special Features:
- Amazing...Amazing...AmazingCage44VIPDined on 7/11/2014This is the best Mediterranean food I have ever had in my life! It blows away Lola in Seattle (Tom Douglas). We ate dinner one night and then turned around and had lunch the next day. The gnocchi at dinner was unbelievable, and the gyro at lunch was the best I've ever had! I can't say enough good things about this restaurant, and would love if they relocated to Seattle.Special Features:
- we love this place!ecremarksDined on 7/10/2014Food and service excellent. We bring our kids, too. They love the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still undecidedMomofkloDined on 7/6/2014The food was good, infact some of it was very good. The place in general didn't do anything for me in terms of making me look forward to going back again. We spent over $400 and sat next to a velvet curtain where we could hear kitchen noises including a constant pounding (possibly a dough they were making). Also thought it was a bit cheap to charge $3 for refills of soda with the amount that we spent.Special Features:
- OutstandingjaydubDined on 7/5/2014Our server Garrett was a star. His wine and menu knowledge was superb and helped make our decisions easy and our dining experience the best. Started off with a serving of the hummus which was fantastic, especially the fresh pita. We also had the Weiner Schnitzel and Gnocchi al Ragu. The lemon dill sauce with Weiner Schnitzel was devine and the Ragu with the Gnocchi was outstanding. Please go! Order anything! You won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Unforgettable Birthday for my WifeAAlbaDined on 7/5/2014The ricotta appetizer was superb, and the pita was simple perfection. Saturday's night special for the salad was a Brussels sprouts salad. neither my wife or Son like Brussels sprouts, despite of this both decided to have a little taste just by the looks of it, after that there was no going back (I had to share my delicious salad). My son loves the Giro Pizza which he savored until the last bite. My wife asked for the Tuscan steak and was astonished by the perfect blend of flavors, the olive oil, rosemary,etc.,and and of course the green salsa which she says made her meal one to remember. My lamb chops were delightful, I enjoyed every last bite of them. Absolutely impeccable service, friendly, timely, simply enjoyable.Special Features:
- expensiveGemmillDined on 7/3/2014Good restaurant for MH but far too expensive. $50 for a filet. I would baulk at that in SFO.
- Pure PerfectionBrinalilahDined on 7/2/2014We have been going to Odeum since it opened and it gets better and better, my dinner on 7/2 was simply perfection. I made a note on our booking that it was our 10th anniversary and I requested an intimate table. When we arrived out perfectly poised and delightfully charming hostess assured us she had the perfect table and it was, the best for such an occasion! The service was attentive, and unobtrusive. Our server knew the menu and wine list with confident command, and he was without doubt the best server I have ever had. Every course was served in an elegantly timely fashion, leaving enough time between courses for us to be ready for the next. The food beyond impeccable, simply the best meal ever, dessert an 10th anniversary surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a celebration nightNanellDined on 7/1/2014This is our third time to eat a Odeum and each visit has been spectacular! A restaurant needs to be good to warrant a special trip from San Jose to Morgan Hill. I would recommend that they invest in more comfortable and less rickety chairs.Special Features:
- 5 Star Even With Power Out!RhondaEaglefireDined on 6/29/2014We have been to Odeum many times since the day it opened. I have to say that I was impressed beyond words with the food and service on Sunday, June 29th. Morgan Hill had a major power outage that included Odeum and we had reservations for 4. They called us prior to our arrival and asked if we would still like to dine there since we had power outage. We chose to attend and they seated us outside (they made many table settings outside since it was dark and warm inside) which I would never have elected to do otherwise and it was wonderful! It wasn't particularly fancy but it was comfortable and the natural setting in their yard was beautiful. The service was impeccable, even with the power outage.Special Features:
- Jan AltamiranoluvinitDined on 6/29/2014Our server Chris was really professional. I am very pleased with the service and food. i will definitely come back and recommend this place to other people. It was a birthday that turned out great. Chris and staff really did they're best to do what they can to provide the best customer service during the time when the power went out in morgan hill. Thank you again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth the price :-)xlaurieclarkexDined on 6/27/2014Wonderful fine dining experience, you can taste the chef's Michelin star! Somalier on site and a very impressive wine list. Do NOT miss out on dessert - get it to go if you must. T Marked down on noise and ambiance because families were seated near us with crying babies - wouldnt have minded if we weren't celebrating 16th anniversary. Would recommend to restaurant they use one of the rooms as a family/group area or a quiet dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- salad great, main dish so soOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014My wife and I visited for our anniversary. She had the potato soup and I had the 3 color salad. Both were very good though I wish the salad had more pear and nuts for more texture. For the main course, my wife had the breaded shrimp with cous cous and tomato sauce. It looked like a take on chicken parmesan. The shrimp was cooked great, but the sauce didn't belong with seafood. I had the halibut. It was pan fried and sat on a mash (think mashed potato consistency). Didn't go well together as both didn't have a whole lot of flavor. I've read other reviews about the place which said good things. Maybe we didn't order the best stuff. Maybe I expected more from a $36 chunk of halibut. Chris, our waiter was outstanding.Special Features:
- Dishes and WishesRuthieDined on 6/26/2014I stumbled on this gem and now bring friends here to celebrate something special. --would love to come daily!! Their signature dish is truly the best Octopus grilled and served Mediterranean style I've ever tasted. You end up ordering another for desert! Their pizza is a clever set of unusual flavors and their pork chops and salmon dishes are scrumptious. Presentation is amazing and Chef is always involved in making sure your experience is top-notch. High quality every time. I drank 2 comos that converted me from being a wine connoisseur (and they have an excellent cab and pino on the list that pairs with a lot of dishes)...But when you are thirsty and it's hot outside...I recommend the cosmo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nonameVIPDined on 6/24/2014Everything was great but the spanakopita was good but small and the gyros were excellent. Wonderful apple tart. Great outdoor dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining in Morgan HillKeshavDined on 6/23/2014Great food and service. What a nice find! The chicken in waffle thing was amazing. Nice wines by the glass too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014My wife and I have been to Odeum several times for dinner and always had a great meal. This past Sunday was the first time we went in for Brunch, and it was very good. The food was excellent as usual, and the Bacon Bloody Mary's were a great way to kick it off. I would definitely recommend trying brunch here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findyumyumDined on 6/21/2014Odeum was an excellent find. The food was excellent and the service matched it. The only thing I didn't like was being startled by the train noises twice during the meal. Would definitely go again...the Octopus was deliciousSpecial Features:
- Long ticket time w/ poor serviceFoodgirl22Dined on 6/21/2014We went on a Friday night, place was not busy. Beautiful place, love the scene. We spent over 3.5 hours there. It took our server no less than 15 minutes to greet us after we had been seated. We only had one drink before dinner, no appitizer, shared a salad, and each got the special. Our server was never there! He checked on us once in the 40 minutes it took to cook the fish. And then it was at least another hour before he came back to clear our plates. The bus boy came by to ask if we were ok. Then we made the mistake of ordering one more drink and dessert...another 20 minutes passed before we got our drink and he had completely forgotten about our dessert!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Lunch was good, cocktails cery good. Dinner the last two times has not been very good, and the cocktails were very inconsistent Prices are high for the portion and quality of food. It is nicely presented but overall disappointing for dinnerSpecial Features: