17500 Depot Street, Suite 180
Morgan Hill, CA 95037Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.odeumrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4087825151
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Salvatore Calisi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Odeum offers off-site catering for all of you private functions and dining needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Odeum offers an on-site banquet facility, seating up to 85 people, in our beautiful and historic Granary Building. The facility is perfect for receptions, corporate events, holidays, and all of your special events. We offer both individually plated and family style menus. Enjoy our uniquely crafted cuisine in an equally unique facility, featuring vaulted ceilings, ample natural lighting, and a rustic touch of the past.
- Private Party Contact: Ashley Polston 4087825151
- Entertainment: Traditionally, an "Odeum" was a Roman and Greek meeting place for the arts. At Odeum, you will also experience the arts, as the restaurant offers a rotating art exhibit of local artists, as well as live entertainment, and the Chef's culinary masterpieces.
A word from Odeum
At Odeum Restaurant, Chef Calisi combines Roman and Greek cuisine with Spanish influences, and includes his creative and fun flair to traditional dishes. The Chef spares no expense with the best octopus imported from Spain and the salmon imported from Scotland, fresh local organic vegetables, and grass-fed beef from Australia and the Midwest, yet provides his customers with a reasonably priced menu, fit for every budget. Chef Calisi has not only trained with the very best in his field at the finest restaurants in New York and Italy, but also has a Michelin star to tuck in his toque, which he received during his tenure as Executive Chef and Partner at Dio Deka in Los Gatos. At Odeum, Chef Calisi gives each customer a Michelin Star experience, from his personal welcoming at the door, to his phenomenal culinary masterpieces, and exquisite plating and presentation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Odeum reviews from OpenTable diners
163 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (121)special occasion (104)neighborhood gem (93)great for outdoor dining (86)romantic (66)notable wine list (58)great for lunch (51)good for groups (39)great for brunch (32)hot spot (21)late-night find (17)vibrant bar scene (12)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (4)Show More
- brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/14/2014I came for dinner one time and was not too impressed. I tried it again for brunch and it was delicious!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014One of our favorite restaurants! The food is phenomenal, everything on the menu is so good it begs you to order seconds! The service is what really makes Odeun shine, every visitour waiter has made our experience unforgettable! Thank you! We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Timesdiningwith3kidsDined on 9/9/2014I've tried to go here without a reservation on a holiday with no luck - with a res. was just fine, they even pulled up another table to accommodate for another guest who joined us. I asked them via Open Table to order us a birthday dessert - they did remember, and didn't charge either. I was a bit surprised by the menu - seemed to be mostly snazzy pizzas or pricey meat entrees (not a great option for kids). Pasta was nonexistent here - all they have is gnocci (but it's handmade). Pizzas were not very tasty- note to self, order the cuisine the restaurant is known for - in this case Mediterranean food. Spanakopitas were perfectly seasoned, but there were only 3 on the appetizer plate,Portions of other foods seemed small. We ate outside.Special Features:
- NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Menu options are creative and perfectly prepared. Happy with the service and overall experience. We celebrated out 10th Anniversary there and we will return.Special Features:
- ImpeccableEnnigourmetDined on 9/4/2014The moment we entered the restaurant the aroma captured us. The ambiance was versatile for any occasion. The cocktails were exquisite. The food was unforgettable-worth every penny. You can tell the chef uses the finest ingredients. Even though the cheese was not the main ingredient in his dish, my brother in law said this is the best cheese he ever tasted. Every ingredient was tasted on the palate! Our waiter recommend a wine to go with our dish and it was the smoothest pinot noir we have ever had! This restaurant is pricey-however, don't let this be a limitation for you to try-the food and experience is worth the investment. Recommend you take friends or family for great conversation to add to this fine dining experience.Special Features:
- First TimeluvgreatfoodDined on 9/4/2014Visited the restaurant for the first time. The special birthday person had heard raved reviews and wanted to try it. We certainly were not disappointed. The food was excellent as was the service. We even met the chef who was so friendly and personable. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 60andcountingDined on 8/31/2014Tried Chicken and waffles for first time anywhere. The waiters description sold me. It was surprisingly wonderful. Do not confuse this waffle dish with a breakfast waffle. I never thought I would say I would order this again.Special Features:
- Must tryFoodheavenDined on 8/30/2014I took my wife there for our second time to celebrate 7 years of marriage. It is hands down one of the best restaurants in the Bay Area. We had the lamb chop and chicken and waffles. Both were out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014We were at home trying to figure out what we wanted for dinner so I yelped the different restaurants in the area and saw this one, which is probably the only one we never tried. So I made reservations and was amazed why we never tried this place before. The food was delicious and the service was just as good. This is definitely a must try for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall 5 StarsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014There's nothing more disappointing than a restaurant that charges high prices & serves mediocre food. At Odeum, the meal was worth every penny. Quite simply the best restaurant food we've had in years. Service was also excellent.Special Features:
- Special Occasion or OtherwiseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014I suggested this restaurant to my friends as they had never been. We were getting together to catch up, not for any specific reason except that we wanted something nicer than a chain food place. They were very happy with the choice, the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinewithachallengeDined on 8/25/2014I am handicapped, and the access was poor. There is an elevator, but when you exit, you exit to a deck and are supposed to walk around. The door into the building was locked, and when we tried to return to the elevator, that door was locked. After much anxiousness, someone reopened the door and the access was through the kitchen. It was my wife's birthday, but she did not enjoy it because I was tense about the ingress and egress conditions. I would recommend the restaurant to any of my ambulatory friends, because the service was good and the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls nightEaf984Dined on 8/25/2014This was a perfect quiet setting to escape the daily kid grind with a good friend. Service was awesome and the food delicious! We sat out site and it was absolutely beautiful I would totally go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodAuntiGaGaDined on 8/23/2014Sea Bass Special - Awesome Scottish Salmon - Incredible Beet Salad - Amazing The flavors, presentation & service are 10+ and the Galatobouriko was out of this world delisious! The BEST food EVER! Kudos to the Chef and the entire Staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!FoodieCaroleDined on 8/22/2014We-were-seated-and-greeted-by-our-server-as-soon-as-we-arrived....Our-drinks,-their-special-Cosmopolitans,-our-wine-and-our-"quartette"appetizer-were-all-great...but-it-was-our-main-entrees-that-topped-everything!....I-had-the-seabass....my-hubby-had-the-special-,_filet-of-sole....I-asked-to-meet-the-chef-and-he-came-over-to-say-hello....Everything-was-delicious! ...I'm-sorry-but-my-spacebar-is-not-working-on-my-keyboard!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!!docsDined on 8/22/2014This restaurant was a true treat during our vacation to Northern California. The food was absolutely terrific, the service was superb, and the entire experience was so outstanding, we went back two days later before returning to New Jersey. This is a GREAT place !! Don't miss it!!!!
- Very Yummy!!Jay64Dined on 8/20/2014I have been to Odeum before and absolutely love the food. The service was not as good this time. I think because our server had a bigger table. We were still made to feel very welcome, but the waiting time to order a drink, order food and order dessert could have been better. I would still recommend this to my family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nobody ThereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We showed up but the place looked completely empty, we walked up and no workers were around to greet us at all, after a couple minutes we just left and headed over to The Good Fork in Morgan Hill
- Best Kept Secret in South Bay?JonnyCDined on 8/15/2014Odeum is one of the great restaurants in the entire South Bay, but it is sometimes overlooked because of its southernly location in Morgan Hill. This is a Mediterranean grill with superb food, an expert and welcoming staff, and a casual ambience combined with a strong commitment to excellence. If you can drive a little bit further south, you will discover how good this place is and wonder why you settled all those other evenings for food and a restuarant experience that simply can't compare.Special Features:
- Place 4 a Birthday CelebrationluvgreatfoodDined on 8/14/2014This was my second visit to Odeum in one month. I brought my husband to Odeum for his birthday. He's a plain, no sauce, steak and potatoes person, but thoroughly enjoyed the skirt steak and absolutely loved the pineapple fish appetizer. My grandson who accompanied us ordered a pizza, and said it was one of the best he's ever had. The special birthday dessert the restaurant surprised us with was better than the dessert we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently AmazingpickyeaterDined on 8/13/2014Food is always amazing. The appetizers alone are worth making a trip to Morgan Hill. The service is impressive and the ambience is inviting.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014I've been to Odeum for dinner before, but this was a first time for lunch. My husband and I went mid-week on a whim and had a great experience. He didn't enjoy his special, and the server immediately replaced it with a regular menu item without any fuss at all. I loved mine - the eggplant "carbonara" is unique and flavor packed. The cost for lunch is only a couple dollars more than most other restaurants in the community, but the quality is far superior.Special Features:
- Great food and excellent servicelooking4ambianceDined on 8/9/2014There is something for most tastes here with top notch service and food presentation. We asked for a quite spot with reservation and they tried to accommodate but hard as the tables are fairly tightly packed. Good for family get togethers or gatherings of friends, not so good for a quiet romantic meal. Quite pricy and the food is a little too salty otherwise would have had a 5.Special Features:
- Home favoriteNormVIPDined on 8/7/2014Always a good place for a special occasion, the chops were cooked perfectly. The chicken and waffles was a tasty meal.Special Features:
- Great FoodVickyVIPDined on 8/7/2014My husband and I go back again and again for the Polipo (grilled octopus) - it's delicious, tender, and always perfect. This time I tried the "Appetizer" of "Eggplant Carbonara" as my main and it was definitely filling with nice flavor and texture.Special Features:
- Wonderful brunch!wineanddineVIPDined on 8/3/2014Had an amazing brunch here on August 3rd. The service by Jerry was excellent. The lamb gyro was exceptional and the smoked salmon and scrabble eggs were delicious.Special Features:
- airbiscuitDined on 8/2/2014The food and service were outstanding. Selection of wine and spirits were excellent. I am fond of single malt scotches. They had Oban, which almost nobody has. We sat in the back part of the dining room, which was much quieter than the front area where you are competing with the bar and kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow! And did I mention Wow!BigDinLBCDined on 7/26/2014What a find. And Chris made it even better. Excellent night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- octopus, anyone?FinickyFoodieDined on 7/24/2014The Octopus appetizer I often have for dinner with a salad. It is perfectly tender and with the beans and arugula is delicious meal. However, I do eat from the rest of the menu and have never been disappointed here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly Special Dining in Morgan Hillgenevieve52Dined on 7/23/2014From the ambiance to the food to the service, Odeum is superior in every way. The space has so much character, being in a restored granary building with exposed brick walls and rotating art work from local artists. The food is beautifully presented and delicious, a reflection of the award-winning chef's commitment to customer satisfaction. They pride themselves on making everything in house from scratch, using local fresh ingredients but also bringing in seafood and beef from far-away places in order to offer the best-of-the-best. Everything from the ricotta appetizer to the roast chicken is great. And, according to my husband, the steaks are pretty amazing as well. Thanks Odeum, for making our already-charming town even more special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Odeaum Is Always A HitHerVineNessDined on 7/22/2014I've eaten her quite a few times and it's always top notch in every way. The beet salad is now made with really spicy watercress, which I love, and the Asian pear makes a nice play off the pepperiness. Never had a pizza there before, and the Rustica was a major hit with my girlfriend whose birthday we were celebrating. The crust is hearty but just right and the combination of sweet and smoky flavors are offset nicely by the farm fresh egg. Delicious! Even my friend who balked at the thought of egg and asked them to put it on my side, said she'd go for it as intended next time! They served a lovely panna cotta with creme anglaise and fresh fruit for our birthday celebration and she was in heaven!Special Features:
- Awesome!JarmsDined on 7/19/2014My friend and I went to Odeum for dinner and had a great experience. The food was amazing, especially the bacon wrapped scallops and mille-feuille (layers of light, carmelized phyllo dough; toasted candied almonds; vanilla bourbon Bavarian creme, yum!). I had the gnocchi which was quite good but the appetizer and dessert were definitely the highlights. The service was definitely the best part of the experience as ALL of the staff were super friendly and attentive through out the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely ExperienceJoanneVIPDined on 7/17/2014My granddaughte and I had a lovely birthday dinner at Odeum for my recent Birthday,our every need was anticipated, after our meal the waiters who had heard my granddaughter mentiion the Lava Cake arrived with the Lava cake for her (what a presentation) and a lovely dessert with Happy Birthday written on the dessert plate for me. As they of course do not have a children's menu they prepared her a fantastic pasta dish as she requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always so well doneSanMartianDined on 7/13/2014The food here is so reliable without always being the same. Shredded brussel sprouts salad was perfect. Each dish is beautifully presented in the most interesting arrangements. We were there for a birthday person, who was presented with a treat on a large plate so Happy Birthday could be written on it with chocolate syrup. Someone called to confirm the online reservation and asked if it was for a special occasion. In every way, they do a good job of taking care of their patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchEstiveoDined on 7/13/2014The only thing keeping me from giving the food 5 stars was the coffee. The food in all aspects was delicious, but the coffee could have been from Denny's or Mickey D's. As my brother put it: standard service industry coffee based swill. That said, we will dine here again...we just won't order coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and creative cuisineHappydinerVIPDined on 7/12/2014Going to Odeum is a real treat. If you want a tasty and creative dish, this is the place to go. It has an open kitchen and it is a kick to sit at the bar and watch the cooks plate the meals. You can't help but oo-o-o and ah-h-h as the plates are being served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RembrandtDined on 7/12/2014We were seated withing minutes ot the time of our reservation. The food and service was very good. We requested seating on the outdoor veranda as the evening was warm and balmy As usual the food served was attractive to see and wonderful to eat. For appetizers our table had the calamari, kaftedes and two different offered salads. For main course we had steak (which was slightly overdone), the chicken and finally the pork chops. I have been to Odeum a number of times and I find it a gem. Parking is not a problem and the food is always above par.Special Features:
- a pleasant surprisegodesseDined on 7/12/2014we never think of morgan hill as a destination for fine dining - shame on us -until close friends suggested Odeum for a celebratory dinner. The overall quality of the dishes served as well as their presentation, taste and texture was outstanding. We will recommend the restaurant to others and we will be back for special occasions.Special Features:
- Pricey for the qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2014For the price you can do better. We spent $150 for 2 people (including 2 drinks) but there are many places in South Bay where you can do much better for the same price.Special Features:
- Amazing...Amazing...AmazingCage44VIPDined on 7/11/2014This is the best Mediterranean food I have ever had in my life! It blows away Lola in Seattle (Tom Douglas). We ate dinner one night and then turned around and had lunch the next day. The gnocchi at dinner was unbelievable, and the gyro at lunch was the best I've ever had! I can't say enough good things about this restaurant, and would love if they relocated to Seattle.Special Features: