Odeon Cafe Italian Cuisine
1714 Connecticut Ave.
Washington, DC 20009Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Odeon Cafe Italian Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.odeoncafedc.com/
- Phone: 2023286228
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Freddy Amaya
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Odeon Cafe Italian Cuisine
Located in the heart of the Dupont Circle area for more than 24 years, Odéon Café is located conveniently only two+ blocks from the Metro, offering an exciting culinary experience within an inviting atmosphere. Our newly renovated two-story dining room provides a beautiful and spacious bar where you can relax during happy hour or while awaiting a table. Our comfortable seating includes intimate tables for two and space for families or even parties of ten or more. We have a good selection of Italian, American and French wines and champagnes, available by the glass or bottle. Thus you are sure to find an appropriate spirit to enhance any of our entrees. Our colorful continental décor, along with the savory aromas of Italian cooking, help create the ambience that makes the Odéon Café a wonderful place to visit. Odéon Café will be serving a traditional 3-course Thanksgiving Day feast on 11/22/07 for $18.95, as well as its regular menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Odeon Cafe Italian Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (8)neighborhood gem (7)great for lunch (4)late-night find (4)romantic (3)fit for foodies (3)special occasion (3)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great food and staffdavidVIPDined on 7/28/2014We had a very enjoyable dinner. The food was excellent, the happy hour wine was a great bargin, and the owner and staff were very welcoming.Special Features:
- not a good experiencegoodfinesDined on 7/11/2014Server was not knowledgeable. Service was rushed though the restaurant was only 1/3 full. Food was Luke warm. May not go back again.Special Features:
- Spaghetti Bolognaise & Warm Rolls!CollegefoodieDined on 6/27/2014We tried the spaghetti bolognaise and the SCAMPI FRA DIAVLO. The spaghetti was excellent and was filled with flavor, while the scampi fra diavolo was not that tasty and rather boring. We also had the tiramisu and the exotic bamba gelato. The tiramisu was average at best, but the gelato was extremely tasty. Service was good. They kept filling up our water glasses which is always a plus. If ordering the chardonnay, don't order their house chardonnay- very bland. Overall a good restaurant for it's value and location.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningMindyDined on 6/17/2014I was so impressed with my choice for the evening. I am not from DC and choice Odeon solely from the locations and reviews on Open Table. We were a group of 14. When I got there the resturant was ready for our group. Our food was delicious and all 14 dishes came out at the same time and piping hot. The service was excellent. I go to DC every year and will definitely return.Special Features:
- Dependable great fooddshendersonDined on 6/15/2014The Odeon Cafe used to be our go to place in DC, but we have not been in town for 8 years. It was great to go back and find it as great as we remembered. We had steamed mussels, spinach salads, lamb shank, and dessert. All were excellent.Special Features:
- Odeon is the best!!LuvGoodFood18Dined on 6/11/2014I went to Odeon for lunch with my bosses to celebrate my birthday. From the moment we walked in we were impressed. The service was superior!! The decor adds to the experience by making you feel warm and welcome. The food was excellent! The have something for everyone even vegetarians. We ordered appetizers, salad, main dishes and they gave us a slice of cheesecake (for my birthday). The cheesecake is the best I have ever had...way better than Cheesecake Factory's cheesecake. I highly recommend Odeon. You will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing to call home aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/28/2014So I went here on a Living Social deal, and truth be told, the food wasn't that great. It was a pretty basic menu, pretty basic seasonings and the presentation wasn't anything a home ec. class couldn't have done. The service was just ok as the waitress seemed disinterested the whole night (the place was dead though). The only real positive person at the place was the manager who seemed to be putting in 110% to make customers feel comfortable (mostly the regulars at the bar though).
- SorryRandomSelectionsDined on 5/16/2014I am certain that there are better italian restaurants in D.C. The pasta alla 'puttanesca', bruschetta and caprese were poorly executed and tasteless. The wine was fairly priced for a restaurant, and the waiter's happy disposition saved the night.
- Stands the test of timeOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 5/6/2014Odeon has been at its DuPont Circle location for years and outlasts a lot of other restaurants along Connecticut Avenue. The wait staff is friendly although this time our waiter wasn't as personable as others. The pizza is excellent and the veal was tender and flavorful. The lobster ravioli was rich and very tasty but a bit on the small serving side. We all shared a cannoli and it was amazing!!! We'll definitely return.Special Features:
- The following 263 reviews are from the Odeon Cafe Italian Cuisine reviews archive.
- Have a sassy brunch without waiting2112nikDined on 4/20/2014We easily got a reservation on Easter Sunday for a group of 7, which concerned me, but I was completely and pleasantly surprised by the absolutely excellent and friendly service, cheap, but hearty drinks, and atmosphere conducive to hanging out and chatting with friends. I highly recommend Odeon and would gladly eat there again.Special Features:
- A reasonable choiceLauraUVIPDined on 4/19/2014This place will not knock your socks off but the food is reasonable and reliably good. The lentil soup which was the soups of the day was very good, especially for dipping the hot out of the oven rolls. I had the eggplant parmisian which was very tasty, just the right proportions of eggplant, pata and cheese with an excellent sauce.
- Wonderful food!QLingDined on 4/12/2014This was my first time at Odeon Café and I am now a huge fan! We had a reservation for 9 pm on a Saturday and when we went in we were immediately greeted and seated. Our waitress came right over to explain the menu and take our drink order. We ordered Bruschetta as an appetizer, it was good. My fiance ordered Manicotti, I ordered Scampi E Granchi with Angel hair pasta, and my friend ordered Scampi E Granchi with tortellini. We all loved our meals! Our only issue was that for it not being crowded in there, it took a while for us to get our food. And we did have to ask for bread. Other than having to ask for bread and having to wait a while for our food, we had a great evening with delicious food. I will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/4/2014Both the service and food was extremely poor. Would not go back.
- VisitorAmberDined on 3/28/2014A group of friends and I stayed at DuPont Circle. We found this place, and thought it was great. Services was wonderful, and good was amazing. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but Poor PortionIzManDined on 3/21/2014Great atmosphere! My girlfriend is a huge fan of mozzarella sticks, and Odeon Cafe had some of the best ones we've had together. Our plates were delicious too, but my lobster ravioli portion size could have been bigger. As delicious as it was, I was left hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always go backGoodfoodDined on 3/8/2014Food was delicious. Had seafood linguine and sauce was exquisite. Serving was just right. Hubby had spaghetti bolognese seasoned well and plenty of meat. Service was very good, we could have a conversation easily and very convenient location for travel.Had a large room upstairs which would be good for groups and events. We prefer the main floor and window seating makes for interesting views. Have great selection of entrees, salads, appetizers and desserts as ell ad a full bar . Never had a meal we didn't love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place on ConnecticutShenandoahvisitorDined on 3/4/2014This was a great find. Our group loves Italian food and it was superb. The sampler platter hors d'oeurve was a great start. Took care of us with an 18-month old child!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of towner not impressedCardinalsfanDined on 3/1/2014The food was average, but nothing I would eat again. The prices were really good, but no one at my table loved their meal. Service was moderate, but the food took over an hour to come out and they weren't even very busy. Everyone in there was extremely nice though. Not bad, but wouldn't return.Special Features:
- Not good for groups.CassieDined on 3/1/2014The food was ok, nothing special. But the biggest issue was that they wouldn't split the check up. We had a large group and this made it more difficult than it should be.
- Had not been here in a while.ClevelandparkguruVIPDined on 2/26/2014Had not been here in a while. started wilth an nice bottle of red wine. Salmon, pasta and eggplant were the main dishes for dinner. Excllent in all three. Service was great. We were able to sit, relax and enjoy the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They had no idea how to useOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2014They had no idea how to use my Capitol Deal. I called ahead twice before I arrived and they kept putting the onus on me to figure it out. They did not try to help me or be customr conscious. The brunch was nothing special. Blueberry pancakes were made with a mix and did not have fresh fruit in it. There was a cheap melon mix on the side.
- Great place!DaveDined on 12/31/2013I've been to Odeon many times and found the service to be consistently fantastic. The food is always tasty and presented attractively. This is a great "go to" Italian place like a favorite bottle of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable and ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/20/2013Have eaten at Odeon Cafe for years and been to Italy several times. It's always consistent, very comfortable, has the feel of an Italian bistro. Very welcoming staff who go out of their way to make sure you enjoy the experience.Special Features:
- Good, fun placeDCTCADined on 12/14/2013The food is always even a little better than you remembered, and they treat you very well. It's lively and fun, but not overly so.Special Features:
- The food was great; but unfortunateOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2013The food was great; but unfortunately the service was horrible.Special Features:
- good brunchBrunchQueenDined on 10/13/2013My friends and I purchased a Capitol Deal for a brunch entree and bottomless drinks. We arrived too late for our original reservation and our server suggested we come back the next day so we could have the full experience. She gave us complimentary bellinis anyway. We did return the next day for brunch which was delicious. The atmosphere was great for conversation because the place wasn't crowded or busy. Service was excellent. Our server made sure our glasses were always full. Overall, great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodAnneVIPDined on 10/9/2013Food was not worth rhe price. We ordered garlic bread which although was reasonable at $2.95 they give you only 3 slices Of toasted bread and there were 4 of us. It was served with a cilantro oil -- not what I expected . Our entrees were just ok --- and we should have skipped dessert - waste of money. Even with coupon it was not worth the price
- A great Italian near DuPontJaydeeVIPDined on 10/4/2013We have been here several times before the theatre. Service is fast and the food is great. Ideal when you are worried about being on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable brunch spotAlyssaDined on 9/22/2013This restaurant has a nice ambience and is nice for brunch. Their food is good - nothing jaw-dropping but if you're looking for good breakfast food, this place has it at a reasonable price. Their brunch drinks (mimosas, bellinis & bloody marys) are also very cheap (~$3 each). The service was great - We had a reservation at 12:30 on a Sunday and asked that we could watch the Redskins game, and the staff were happy to seat us at a table with a clear view of the TVs and changed them both to the game for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dupont Circle ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2013Odeon Cafe has a good menu of typical Italian cuisine--pizzas, pastas, and others. Nice atmosphere, food was good, not outstanding.Special Features:
- Not what I expectedSallyDined on 8/22/2013When I head this place was listed for restaurant week, and their RW specials were $35 per plate, I expected the place to be a little nicer than the norm. What I found was dimly lit, not in a romantic way, a little loud, and a wait staff that didn't seem to listen to what people were saying. The tables on both sides of us were clarifying orders. When I took my turn to order, I ended up repeating twice that I wanted the veal, not the chicken, but they brought me chicken anyway. None of the staff we encountered seemed to want to be there, or care if you did, either.Special Features:
- good foodbobbyDined on 8/17/2013good food, pesto was particularly amazing. server didnt really speak english, which made it a difficult process, but the food was amazing. cool restaurant - it was a nice night out and they opened the doors and it felt awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Delicious and DelightfulFayeDined on 8/8/2013Our "gang of four" return to the Odeon Cafe as our "go-to" place. While we like experimenting with new restaurants, we find that the quality of food (excellent) and the rapport with the waitstaff (always considerate and thoughtful to us) and the setting (chummy yet intimate) to be most delightful. The price for the value keeps us coming back.Special Features:
- Medicority at its bestLaurMVIPDined on 7/18/2013Granted we arrived at 10:00 PM on a Thursday night, but Odeon cafe was the definition of mediocrity. The server wasn't particularly charming, the food was bland, but edible. The wine, you guessed it...mediocre. Go if you have no other options, otherwise, this isn't a place I'd necessarily "recommend."
- Good food, good prices, quiet.HaxorDined on 6/17/2013Have eaten at the Odeon several times as it is close to a hotel that I stay often in D.C. I like it for business-related dinner gatherings because the food is very good, prices are reasonable, and it is quiet enough for group discussions. They are able to accommodate large groups in a semi-separate upstairs dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of My Favorites.JaywestVIPDined on 6/5/2013What can you say about the Odeon Cafe other than it's like an old family friend. The food is aleays good, the staff and ownership friendly and engaging and the atmousphere relaxed and comfortable. Whether alone, with a friend or with a group, it never dissapoints. Whenever a group gets together and is at a loss as to where to go, the mention of Odeon Cafe brings everyone to agreement. Great food, great people, great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Italian at DuPont CircleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/1/2013Just found this gem thru OpenTable. Very reasonably priced right in the vibrant DuPont circle area if Washington DC. Familiar Italian fare with a pleasant, unique taste with very broad menus very well done. Excellent attentive service like most family Italian restaurants. My family with kids loved this place and will make this a stop with every visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bruschetta is AMAZING!BloodyMaryBrunchVIPDined on 5/25/2013You must get it at once! Order two rounds of it, though. You are gonna love it!I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in the neighborhoodperlabella5Dined on 5/22/2013Stopped in for dinner on the last night of a business trip. Front windows were open, allowing the great breeze to come through. Ambiance and decor were very nice. Service was great. Food was fantastic! Good wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous & UpscaleMarianneB781Dined on 5/19/2013What a fabulous dining experience we had at Odeon in Dupont Circle, DC, we had lunch to celebrate my son's GWU graduation. Right from the beginning we were sat promptly at our reserved time, The gentleman who sat us also waited on us, he was engaging friendly, talkative and made us feel right at home, service was outstanding, food superb, Odean was an overall wonderful experience. Wish they had one in the Boston area!Special Features: