1201 South Lamar Boulevard
Austin, TX 78704Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oddduckaustin.com/
- Phone: 512-433-6521x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon-Fri 1130 am - 230 pm
Brunch: Sunday 1030 am - 230 pm
Dinner: Sunday through Thursday 5 - 10 pm
Friday and Saturday 5 - 11 pm
Bar: Mon-Fri 1130 am - close
Sat: 5 pm - close
Sun: 1030 am - close
Happy Hour Mon - Fri 3-6 pm
Sunday 230 - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bryce Gilmore
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Odd Duck has a great 4 seasons patio. Great views of Downtown Austin and plenty of space to entertain your guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jason James 512-433-6521x
A word from Odd Duck
Odd Duck features a seasonal menu inspired by our local farmers. Utilizing our wood fire grill and oven, we offer shared plates and an extensive bread program. Our crafted drink menu will share in a similar philosophy as the food. With a great high energy atmosphere driven by our open kitchen, Odd Duck is the perfect spot to see what our community has to offer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Odd Duck - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Odd Duck reviews from OpenTable diners
357 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (309)hot spot (198)neighborhood gem (158)special occasion (149)great for outdoor dining (128)vibrant bar scene (106)good for groups (93)great for brunch (82)great for lunch (80)romantic (67)notable wine list (51)late-night find (29)scenic view (16)kid-friendly (11)Show More
- Excellent MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Went here for our 14th wedding anniversary and the entire team took great care of us. We shared several small dishes, had some tasty cocktails and experienced our favorite dining experience ever.Special Features:
- Austin FavoritePrestonHollowFoodSnobDined on 10/19/2014Wonderful dining experience....very creative and innovative dishes that were a delight to the senses. I enjoyed the tapas style of eating with many shared plates. Be sure to get the squash pie while it's in season. Odd Duck is now on our list of places to repeat.....thanks for such an enjoyable brunch. Be sure to seat outside on the patio if weather permits.Special Features:
- Good but not revolutionary, priceyLAfoodieinAustinDined on 10/18/2014A bit pricey for what you get, very similar menu to East Side Kings, but triple the cost. The grilled bacon however was exceptional. Good wine list.Special Features:
- Kinda outrageous for the offeringNotACheapDateDined on 10/17/2014I don't mind paying for good food. I get that people need to cover their costs and make some money, but when you bring out a SINGLE good, but not great, dumpling for $8, I get annoyed. Odd Duck and Barleyswine are both capitalizing heavily on being "hot" now. Good for them, but if you're more concerned with the quality of the food than being part of a "scene", this isn't the place to be.Special Features:
- Ducky but not odd and yes excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014Come for the food or the experience either way you get both. Amazing service and food, yum yumSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service great foodAuburntrekDined on 10/16/2014We went for lunch while in town and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. I had read about Odd Duck in Southern Living and was excited to try it. We ordered the draft Moscow Mule (during happy hour) as well as their local pale ales. Our waitress was very helpful on deciding how many plates we could share and how many to split. Had a nice outside eating area, we sat inside on this visit. We ordered the pretzel as an all Cuban, chicken salad and fish tacos- all very good. Some of it had a touch more heat then we were used to but that is a personal preference. Would recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!!kendallDined on 10/14/2014It's one of the best culinary experiences we have ever had. We tried about 8-10 things on the menu (small plates), and they were all excellent. We sat at the bar, and our waitress/bartender treated us like we were old friends. You will not find another restaurant in Austin as special as Odd Duck. It's truly a neighborhood gem!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night!eatATXebDined on 10/12/2014Had a great date night at Odd Duck. Wonderful drinks and great Sunday Happy Hour. Service was great, our server was very knowledgeable and helped us decide what were the best dishes to try for our first time. We picked and shared 5 dishes and a desert and loved every single one!Special Features:
- Wonderful BrunchIMSherlockDined on 10/12/2014At 1 p.m. the restaurant is packed so I highly recommend making a reservation. Complimentary valet is prompt and quick to get you inside the restaurant. We were seated outside on the porch at a table with another group. They have a small selection of cocktails but we stuck with water. I had ordered the Baked Duck Eggs (great!) which took too long to serve so they brought out free fried rice (also delicious) while we waited. Meals are typically served family style, although individual style is an option. Food is described when brought to you although our waiter was a little much and being too attentative. Another great restaurant in Austin that I'm sure will thrive given it's popularity. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- FantasticALH2053VIPDined on 10/12/2014Don't let the name or online menu throw you. JUST GO, you'll be glad you did. We went on a Sunday for lunch and the place was packed. It is more like small plates and several per person need to be ordered and sharing is a good thing. Some of the ingredients I did not recognize and may not look like they fit with the others on the dish but between the three of us we had seven items and all were stellar. The flavors were outstanding and worked get together while the presentation was on point. Our server was very helpful with selection and brought the dishes out in the best order for the meal. Overall great.Special Features:
- Amazing BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014My group ordered several items to share (about 2 items per person). The brunch dishes are a little on the heavier side, but not too heavy to try a lot of them, which we did. Every course that came out just kept getting better. We sat on the patio which seemed to a give our group a little more space than in the dining room. Aside from the amazing food, the service we received all the way from the call to confirm the reservation, to the valet, the hostess, and servers, was friendly and professional. It's certainly not the cheapest place for brunch, but I felt that the quality of the food and drinks we had was in line with the price. If you go here and have a great experience...don't forget to buy a round of beers for the kitchen!Special Features:
- Great Food!tjs6677VIPDined on 10/10/2014Ate a late dinner here after ACL one night. Sat at the bar and had a brilliant time. We let the bartender choose all our food and drinks---excellent choice!! Everything we had was great. Don't think you could really go wrong with anything here.Special Features:
- Great service better foodChrisVDined on 10/10/2014Odd Duck for the win! I've been hearing great things about Odd Duck ever since moving back to Austin a year ago. The experience didn't disappoint. They have great signature cocktails including house infused bacon old fashioned that are to die for. Then the food options are dynamite with a wide array of options and some of the best flavors I've ever tasted. I'm still dreaming about the goat confit with mole sauce. Yum. To top it off, our waiter Josh was wonderful. He always had a suggestion and helped to guide the dining experience in the right direction. When can we go back?Special Features:
- Small, pricey, delicious platesELI3591Dined on 10/9/2014Small plates that range from $6-$15 with a suggestion of 5-7 plates per couple. Everything was delicious. We were sat at a table with another couple who seemed super uncomfortable to be sharing it with us, but I didn't mind. Some options for only the adventurous (the taco of the day was goat heart) but there were a couple of "safe" dishes for those who stick to what they know.Special Features:
- BEST in Austin!GiGiGastronomeDined on 10/9/2014Odd Duck serves smaller plates tapas-style so it is really fun to try a number of items. All farm fresh and organic, these creations will have you moaning with pleasure. We brought out of town guests here and they were amazed. A fabulously fun night with good wine, good friends and fantastic food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2014We were in town for ACL and wanted something different and we happened upon Odd Duck. We are so beyond happy we did. We sat at a bar table for two that they have. It was wonderful to watch the kitchen and enjoy all the amazing dishes they prepared. We will recommend it to all our friends who visit Austin. Its a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome, better than the original.TupacsnoducketDined on 10/7/2014Seriously great job, I've been waiting to eat there since it opened but never had the time. Totally worth the wait, staff had great energy and they all obviously liked being there and knew a ton, food was delicious and quick. Couldn't ask for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timefoodisfunDined on 10/7/2014We were excited to try Odd Duck as we have enjoyed Barley Swine on several occasions. We were not disappointed! They called the day of the reservation to ask about good allergies, which we have. We were seated with the gluten free menu. We thoroughly enjoyed every dish we selected...the ceviche was our favorite, with the grilled aspagus dang good too. We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barley Swine reinventedmediaboyDined on 10/6/2014Did you love Barley Swine before it became a mandatory 2.5 hour, 14-course chef's selection-only experience? You're in luck! Odd Duck is exactly what Barley Swine used to be, started by the same owners. Incredibly fresh, local food served up in small plates in wonderfully creative ways. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Well worth a visitOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/5/2014Good place for hearty but delicious food in not too big portions. Highly recommendable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodKateZAustinDined on 10/4/2014We ate outside, so the noise level was basically non-existent. We ate their for our anniversary and the wait staff was very kind, asking for which year it was (four) and then bringing us flowers with a note at the end of the meal, saying the fourth anniversary is flowers (nice touch). We had 9 dishes plus two desserts, and we felt satisfied without being over full. The dishes were all delicious and different. We used to eat at the food trailer, and the only thing I'd say is that our favorite thing at the trailer was the pork belly slider and it would have been great to see that on the menu!Special Features:
- Fantastic restaurant!kindofpickyDined on 10/3/2014We enjoyed a lovely meal at Odd Duck. The food was really interesting and delicious. Our server was phenomenal! What better compliment can I give than we had some great food and great fun!Special Features:
- Odd DuckCaribbeanQueenDined on 10/1/2014Overall really good experience. The service by everyone at the restaurant was oustanding. The food fit for foodies who like to try new combinations of flavors tapas style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peak dining experiencevick57Dined on 9/27/2014you can't beat great food and great service, and that is exactly what we got.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2014Food was amazing! Sit at the bar and watch the chefs create.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2014Dinner was excellent, and the service was absolutely top-notch. I would definitely recommend it.
- The only place I ever want to eat.MikeDined on 9/25/2014This is the best resturaunts in Austin, hands down. I always recommend people to this place and I eat here pretty much any chance I get. Great community of people working there and we always have a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingFinedineDined on 9/24/2014They are small dishes but if you can splurge than it's the restaurant for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Odd DuckSpinDined on 9/24/2014Unbelievable menu. Can't begin to describe the flavours of the food. Great vibe and amazing waitstaff help add to overall experience. Highly recommend it for anyone who loves to explore interesting flavour combinations!!!Special Features:
- Great food, unusual placeTravelingFoodieDined on 9/24/2014This small plates restaurants serves unusual food that often has been grilled in some way. Sitting at the bar allows a close up of the humming, well organized cooking and prep areas.Special Features:
- Foodie delightDickVIPDined on 9/24/2014Great and creative food. Go, now...domt wait Had a seasonal item...whole duck...for 2-4 persons. AmazingSpecial Features:
- DeliciousCarolinePhotoDined on 9/23/2014Matching the vibe of Austin the restaurant appears to be more casual but still modern. The food and service was simply amazing though. I could not pick a favorite dish of 8! They were all delicious and different from one another. The waiter was very helpful throughout the process and recommended the perfect wine for us. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Eclectic and deliciouKatemsDined on 9/21/2014Loved the tapas style. Each place was a piece of edible art. Well, except for the chicken croquettes which I found disgusting. They did take them off the bill. Quite tasty. Reasonably priced, especially for the quality and a great serving team. Would definitely go again the next time I'm in Austin.Special Features:
- Best meal in austin, really specialOddduckDined on 9/21/2014Of the week we spent in austin going to all the steakhouses, bbq joints, breakfasts and brunches we could fit into our trip this place was our favourite. We had some great meals but old duck was an awesome experience. Beautiful place, friendly service and the food was unreal. Love any place that informs you about their local products and has a meat case you can walk right up to. The chef was a real pro offering is an unreal off menu tasting plate that had some more out of the box game meats we had come for. So good! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummmmmcehinatxDined on 9/21/2014So many rich and delicious things to munch on! Dinner is incredible, and now I know brunch is it's own special thing as well. Amazing service... I am never, ever disappointed here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- weekly hitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014It's a new favorite spot to go, that is becoming a weekly habit. Great food experience, service is GREAT, and easy to get in and out of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't live up to the hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014The decor is ok. It kind of clashes with the modern exterior of the building. I get the idea of using old plates, but eating dinner off of an old coffee cup saucer is pushing it. The food is creative, but WAY too salty. I LOVE salt, but the tacos were almost inedible. Ceviche was very good, and so was the pretzel. Eating the foie gras moose with a spoon was a little off...It would have been better on toast points or something similar to add texture. They need to address the portion size. If you're going to be a family style concept, there should be more than 4 bites in a serving. The drinks were very good.Special Features:
- greattttjibbyDined on 9/19/2014I had such a good time. Everything was delicious and flavorful and we had such a good time. Wait staff was so generous and friendly tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, awkward serviceLilfoodieDined on 9/19/2014First, let me say the food was realllyyyyy good at a fair price. I was a bit put off by the service though. My boyfriend and I went there for an early dinner and we had both never been there before so it took a minute for us to pick out what we wanted. I guess our server thought it shouldn't take so long because she seemed annoyed that we didn't order faster. Also the way it works is there a few different food runners who will bring the plates out. For the most part they were fine but one guy made me uncomfortable. He was cool but weird. I kind of wish he just would have put the food on the table, told us what it was, and walked away. But keep Austin weird or whatever. If you can ignore the servers and focus on the food you'll LOVE it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingReedDined on 9/17/2014Odd Duck was one of the best meals I've had in a long time. Oddly enough your alls serving pans did it for me. My grandma used to use those same white porcelain with blue design serving dishes and that brought me back home. Besides that the food was perfect, even the freakin watermelon was awesome. My girlfriend and my mouth were watering the whole time looking at the menu and were watering even more as we took each bite. The drinks were amazing too, great cocktail and beer selection. Very reasonably priced.Special Features: