1201 South Lamar Boulevard
Austin, TX 78704Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oddduckaustin.com/
- Phone: 512-433-6521x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon-Fri 1130 am - 230 pm
Brunch: Sunday 1030 am - 230 pm
Dinner: Sunday through Thursday 5 - 10 pm
Friday and Saturday 5 - 11 pm
Bar: Mon-Fri 1130 am - close
Sat: 5 pm - close
Sun: 1030 am - close
Happy Hour Mon - Fri 3-6 pm
Sunday 230 - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bryce Gilmore
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Odd Duck has a great 4 seasons patio. Great views of Downtown Austin and plenty of space to entertain your guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jason James 512-433-6521x
A word from Odd Duck
Odd Duck features a seasonal menu inspired by our local farmers. Utilizing our wood fire grill and oven, we offer shared plates and an extensive bread program. Our crafted drink menu will share in a similar philosophy as the food. With a great high energy atmosphere driven by our open kitchen, Odd Duck is the perfect spot to see what our community has to offer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Odd Duck - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Odd Duck reviews from OpenTable diners
366 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (311)hot spot (197)special occasion (158)neighborhood gem (149)great for outdoor dining (132)vibrant bar scene (110)good for groups (91)great for brunch (84)great for lunch (83)romantic (57)notable wine list (52)late-night find (30)scenic view (20)kid-friendly (13)Show More
- Hot spotOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/14/2014Tried walk-in early Saturday night. 1.5 hour wait so we came back instead for Sunday brunch. Dishes were imaginative. Really liked whipped yogurt with fruit. Be prepared to share. Dishes come out one at a time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014This was one of the best meals we've ever had in Austin. Every dish we tried was perfect, and the staff was great too. I'm glad we reserved the table, because it was packed.Special Features:
- Amazing food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2014Each time is better than the last. My wife and I go for special occasions and when we want to splurge. The service is always amazing and the food is top notch. Ive been here many times and have never had a complaint.Special Features:
- Amazing food!austinmuseDined on 9/8/2014This restaurant has been on my radar for quite some time and I'm thrilled to have finally had the opportunity to go. The menu is fantastic, and save for about two items (the special of the evening was goat heart tacos and I don't do these...) I could have happily eaten my way through ALL of it. Every item was delicious, aesthetically attractive and had something of a "wow" factor in it. I cannot recommend it highly enough! Make reservations, you won't regret it. Valet parking is good, service is delightful... From an avid foodie: this is an A+ restaurant. Bravo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sumptuous ExperienceMigiDined on 9/8/2014Sumptuous, delightful and unexpected. Fresh and portions led you to want more. A complete pleasure. Every dish was outstanding with its unique food combinations that pleased each person's palette at our table. Stands out as a 'Must go back soon'! I would only consider trying to slow the service down a wee bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Geart as alwaysatxdinerDined on 9/7/2014Went for Brunch. Loved it! Great service, great food!Special Features:
- SmorgasbordTapasFarmstyleDined on 9/6/2014It's great if you are the type of oetson who wishes he could order appetizers all night long! You order tons of tiny dishes. Each one distinct, special and kinda heavy! It's farm to table tapas.Special Features:
- No rushktmontgomeryDined on 9/6/2014Loved that our waitress did not try to rush us or bully us into ordering more than we wanted. There were four of us and she suggested that we each order four dishes to share. She said the chef would bring them out in the order that he thought they would taste the best. (A really good idea if you are hungry). Because we had never been to the Odd Duck before, we decided to just order a total of 4 dishes and then to order more if we wanted more. The waitress was happy to accommodate us. All in all we ended up sharing six savory plates and two dessert plates. Each one was delicious and unique. We especially enjoyed the Kaffir Lime Panacotta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousFoooooodDined on 9/5/2014We went for our anniversary and it was an excellent experience. Our server knew my food allergies, and was incredibly helpful with suggesting what and how much to try. The food was delicious and fresh. We had new variations of old favorites and tried something new too. The cocktails were incredible. Everyone on the staff was friendly, even coming to chat with me when my boyfriend went to bathroom. We enjoyed our night, thank you for treating us so well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but...DateNightDined on 9/4/2014Made a reservation and was seated at the bar. It was our anniversary so I would have rather sat at a table. Food was good but very small portions and inevitably served in threes. And what's up with the Moscow Mules being served in a glass cup? They're hip enough to have copper mugs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun food. Friendly, engaged servers78704OcchipintiDined on 9/4/2014Obvious to see the evolution of this new South Lamar hot spot from his food truck days. Fun and different small plate food options with servers who know their menu and check up on you regularly. We ate at the large bar that surrounds the grill and had engaging conversations with those preparing the food. Unique drink menu included homemade cocktails and wide variety of beer and wine selections. Go here if you want a great energetic atmosphere - not a quiet romantic spot at all. Pickled veggies in most dishes were a little too "vinegary" for me and feta on the eggplant caponata dish are my only complaints. Feta on classic Italian dish? Nope. Ceviche and pretzels w/béchamel sauce were awesome!Special Features:
- Lunch at Odd DuckSeddymomDined on 9/4/2014We sat at the bar and watched the staff cook lunch. My duck egg with fried rice was incredible! Loved the interaction with the kitchen staff throughout our lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious mealSouthAustinCuriousDinerDined on 9/2/2014Great mix of flavors in the dishes. The duck egg and fried rice was out-of-this-world! The panna cotta and watermelon dessert is one of the most scrumptious desserts in Austin!Special Features:
- GreatlaceyanneDined on 9/2/2014Odd Duck was great, however I liked the last time I visited more. A lot of their food seems to be hit or miss, it does lean more towards the hit side. We were hesitant about going after seeing the seasonal menu (we didn't like a lot of the items), but decided to go anyway. We were seated at the bar in front of the kitchen which were really weird seats. We personally didn't like being so close to the kitchen and the waiter greeting us from behind, but I can understand why many would like it. Our waiter was great, the food came out fast. I loved two items and liked all of them except the eggplant hushpuppies were very salty, but he said they were new. The sauce and other accompaniments on the item were great though. I would go back.Special Features:
- Lived up to HypeAustinTXDined on 8/31/2014If you sit at the bar you have a view of the kitchen which is open, clean and entertaining. For a couple, you actually have more privacy at the bar than most of the tables that are "community" dining style. I am not a huge fan of that trend. Other than that cannot say anything bad about the atmosphere though. There are a few tables for two...just not many at all. The menu is diverse with the only commonality being excellent ingredients. We ordered six small plates and everything was outstanding. Service is great. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- First visit!duckyDined on 8/31/2014Thank you, had a nice time! TOD was packed so the kitchen was very busy, yet at least 1 order took a long time. No dessert menu. Enjoyed the decor, the food was quite nice. The cons-when a plate was brought it was just sort of placed down on the table in the general direction of the person that ordered it-i realize this is a small plates/share plates if you wish type of restaurant, but some logistical thought here would help because not all people intend to share their order, as with a tapas bar. Too, the plates were retrieved by the wait staff early, before the last bite(s) was gone. Lastly, please serve in the classic style-from the right side of each seated person. Again, thank you, had a nice time!Special Features:
- SGNITROVIPDined on 8/31/2014Great experience for brunch. Lot of unique choices including duck hash and beignets, which were standouts. Dishes are intended to be shared, though sometime a little challenging. Looking forward to returning when back in Austin.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpentabledinersVIPDined on 8/29/2014What a wonderful experience. We loved the food and drink. The service was exceptional!Special Features:
- Love it butKabqtDined on 8/29/2014Odd duck is one if my favorite restaurants. But in my recent visit I brought my sister who lives in Nashville. She's not a big meat eater but she does love bacon so she ordered the blt. The menu said bacon, the server did not clarify it was actually pork belly. My sister does not eat pork belly so we were very surprised when a pork belly sandwich came out. I know bacon comes from the pork belly, but she was expecting a much thinner, crispier piece of bacon and she could not stomach the thick, meaty pork belly. she was bummed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLinaDined on 8/27/2014Food is great. Wish they weren't so busy. I would go more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!Dee21Dined on 8/25/2014Personal, friendly, helpful serving team. The food was amazing. Each small plate was an experience. Beautiful to look at - and profoundly delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodDeaconDined on 8/24/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Odd Duck filled with small plates that truly expanded our palate. Each dish was delicious and unique. Our waiter was very helpful with suggestions and helped make for a great night out. Only negative was that despite a reservation we were seeted at the bar.Special Features:
- WonderfuldenverDined on 8/24/2014We didn't want to eat the rest of the day. We just wanted to keep savoring our brunch at Odd Duck. Everything was delightfulSpecial Features:
- Best Food in the CityeyeriseyeDined on 8/23/2014I have been to Odd Duck four times, the first being opening week. It has gotten better each time. I don't mean this as a constructive statement. I mean, it was amazing the first time and continues to engage and surprise my pallet each time after. The service is the best in the city! Their plates are inventive and creative. I love the balance of vegetarian and meat dishes. I will continue to go and will continue to tell my friends and family to visit too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm 2 Table Blisspbillings512Dined on 8/23/2014Hopefully the heirloom tomato salad will be a stapleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dinner EVEREABFoodieDined on 8/22/2014I have to say that the meal I had at Odd Duck was hands down THE BEST dinner I've had at a restaurant...EVER...first off they have a German Pinot Noir on their wine list. I had no idea there was such a thing! VERY yummy. I ordered a few plates and all were amazing - first the compressed watermelon, then the zucchini pancake (my favorite!!!!), next the duck egg and finally the foie gras. I also had dessert but cannot remember what I had but it too was good - it was like a huge sugary croissant with brie and other yummy deliciousness on top. I bought beers for the kitchen and do hope they enjoyed them. (The menu features an option to buy $1 beers for the kitchen which I think is GREAT!) GO TO ODD DUCK IF YOU HAVE THE CHANCE!!!!!!Special Features:
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014Our server Stefan really added to the whole experience, he was just as excited for us to try the food as we were to eat it. Had a great evening, didn't break the bank and can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the food, cool ambianceCr3ativegirlVIPDined on 8/21/2014We went with our teenagers for my birthday. We loved Barley Swine, so we knew what we were getting with the small plates. The server had a long discussion about the beers with my husband. We attempted to order bread because I knew the kids were starving, but the server said that we had order everything at once (same speil at Barley Spine). The food was inventive and fresh. The pretzel sticks, lamb ribs and zucchini cake were great. My favorite was the foi gras, loaded with fresh figs and greens. They gave me a delicious fortune cookie for my birthday. I think the portions here are even smaller than Barley swine. So, leave them at home and go have a fine date night.Special Features:
- Treat for the tastebudsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Very much enjoyed our dinner visit here. The flavor combinations were excellent. There was not a dish or dessert we didn't like! Would recommend it and would return if ever in the area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOODCHARLESDined on 8/19/2014FOOD WAS GERERALY GOOD BUT LIMITED. SALTY SOW MUCH BETTER.
- Smart MenuCakeyDined on 8/18/2014The menu was stellar! The flavors in each dish were out of control good!!! The cocktail menu was fantastic also. I took my husband for his 31st birthday , we sat at the bar and enjoyed watching the cooks in front of us create each dish. Our server was so friendly and everyone that delivered our food was very knowledgeable of the dish. Would recommend !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turned my teens into foodies!momof3teenboysplus1Dined on 8/17/2014My children have adventurous palates. Exhibit A: my 17yr old chose Odd Duck for his family birthday dinner. Ages 10-17, my four ate every bite of every dish they brought out! As and adult, there were some dishes that just sang! Anytime they have pasta and a meat sauce (it was goat this time, beef last) order it. Have them "bring me food". And their imaginative yet familiar drinks, have at least one different one each time you go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverhypedAustinnativeDined on 8/17/2014This restaurant is good, but with all the hype surrounding it you may be expecting something spectacular in which case you'll be disappointed. If you keep your expectations in check, you will have a nice dinner at a fair price. Sunday is happy hour all day.Special Features:
- Real food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014What can you say about a place where you run in to the farmers who supply the food while dining? Real food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent!BeyondPicketFencesDined on 8/17/2014Odd Duck is superb. I have never had a bad meal here going back to their trailer days. My recent experience for brunch rank among the best meals I've eaten. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- mother - daughter dinnerjandbDined on 8/14/2014We arrived early and parked but found out that the whole parking lot was valet, even though there were only 4 cars in the lot. The attendant said it was complimentary and we asked him not to move it. Our waitress was friendly and helpful. She helped us decide what we wanted to order. Our food was delicious, especially the heirloom tomato salad and the tater tots. We'll be back and try more things next time!Special Features:
- Great Food Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014First time visiting Odd Duck and really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- That's no Odd DuckSjm112Dined on 8/13/2014It's a Killer Shark? Love this place. Great menu. Lots of small plates to try. High level execution.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerSlighguyDined on 8/13/2014We had a great meal here. Small plates are surprisingly filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bryce rocksPopsnanaDined on 8/12/2014The menu changes constantly, so your curiosity will bring you back almost most as often as the food. It is "contained creative". Not "over the top creative" for the sake of being creative, but they use the local items available and assemble them in luscious ways. The bartender served us and her advice helped us through the menu. Everything sounds delicious. Order any item that includes bread so you have something to sop up the sauces from each plate. Great selection of local brews and tempting cocktails as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.