76 Ave. B
New York, NY 10009Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://odahouse.com/
- Phone: 2123533838x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12:00 pm - 11:00 am
Saturday - Sunday: 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Maia Acquaviva
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Patio/Outdoor Dining
- Catering: Yes, we cater!
A word from Oda House
Georgian-Mediterranean Cuisine with Live Georgian Folk Music.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
Oda House - Best Restaurants in East Village ›
Oda House reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (44)neighborhood gem (40)good for groups (29)special occasion (16)great for lunch (16)great for brunch (14)notable wine list (14)romantic (12)great for outdoor dining (8)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (4)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Home-like vibe all aroundSpectacularVIPDined on 10/29/2014From the atmosphere to the warm cheesy bread this place is full of comfort!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and wineRachylizDined on 10/25/2014Loved this place! Food was absolutely delicious, wine was fantastic, service was great too. Cheap and cheerful decor, buzzy atmosphere. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is all in the education!CHawkDined on 10/13/2014The personal service and education provided by the waiter was terrific and much appreciated. I know so much more about Georgian food, correct pronunciations, and how to properly eat it, having had a great waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceAliciaDined on 10/12/2014The food is okay. Servant was really nice. A little bit far from the subway.Special Features:
- Cozy atmosphere, comforting foodCharnedVIPDined on 10/11/2014My only regret is not coming with a bigger group so I could try more things on the menu. My other "only" regret is not bringing two Lactaids instead of one. BEWARE LACTOSE INTOLERANT FOLK! While the dinner menu looks more diverse, the lunch menu consists mostly of cheese breads (delicious) and other cheese-covered things. And, as others have mentioned, the service is incredibly friendly. I will have to come back to try the dinner menu and the Georgian wines.Special Features:
- The food is so goodFrankieDined on 10/10/2014Get the bread with the cheese and the egg. I had dreams about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and authenticCajdinerDined on 10/1/2014Tops marks for this incredible Georgian restaurant. Sublime food, attentive service, calm and quiet spot---great for big groups. A must-try!Special Features:
- pleasant lunch with relativeslovetoeathomeDined on 9/28/2014we had a very nice lunch with a group of relatives. Two of us are Russians, so we were familiar with Georgian food. Unfortunately there was no satsivi available for lunch, which is my favorite Georgian meal. Khachapuri and the trio for appetizers were very good, but khinkali was disappointing - the dough was too thick and tough. Main courses were very satisfying and flavorful, we also enjoyed Georgian wine saperavi. Service was great, nice and frienly.Special Features:
- ScottishHippieVIPDined on 9/27/2014We came here as a group of 14 for my mom's birthday. They were kind enough to accommodate us on short notice, and were incredibly kind throughout the dinner. The birthday song was surprising at first, but wonderfully so. We had a great time and would come again in a much smaller group to try more of the food.Special Features:
- Best Georgian in America.JayEllarVIPDined on 9/24/2014Folks, You are pioneers in defining the cutting edge of culinary exploration in nyc. I am convinced that Georgia is the next aspirational cuisine the "foodies" will aspire to be comfortable with. In the meantime, we know there's a lot of work to be done, but your efforts at Oda House are a step in the right direction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Delightful food, attentive service, wonderful experience. Adjaruli khachapuri was salty, cheesy, crunch, and smooth all at once. It was our first time eating it but it felt as soothing and familiar as a favorite dish your grandmother would make. The khinkali soup dumplings were savory and fun to eat. I like the eggplant in the Pkhali trio and the spreads were great with the khachapuri. But I think my favorite was the dessert of pelamushi, a gelled grape flavored dome studded with walnuts. The dishes were all new to me, but instantly enjoyed in the lingua franca of comfort food.Special Features:
- what a nice surpriseDavidVIPDined on 9/19/2014Amazing food and amazing service; highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/16/2014Heard about the restaurant and cuisine on NPR. The food seems very authentic and beautifully prepared. I had a wonder time and if the idea of Georgian Cuisine interests you will not be disappointed. Fantastic breads and loved my lamb stew.Special Features:
- Amazing!smerzVIPDined on 8/30/2014Felt like we were back in Batumi or Tbilisi! great folks!!! amazing food!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Georgia on my mindOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014This place was awesome. I used to live in Georgia and it was on point with the food. Everyone was very nice just like in Georgia!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TravelersGalDined on 8/15/2014Brings the taste and favors of Georgian cooking to the city. The wine list has a lovely selection of Georgian wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Georgian restaurant in NYOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Cozy East Village restaurant, really a hidden gem of the neighborhood. Greeted, seated and served professionally. Great Georgian food and wine. Good for groups. Definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- alexVIPDined on 8/8/2014Excellent food. One of the best, if not the best, middle eastern food in townSpecial Features:
- Delicious authentic Georgian foodEbeeDined on 8/8/2014At last, authentic cuisine from the Republic of Georgia in Manhattan. Good wine selection and very good cheese bread (hatchapuri), which is hard to find outside Brooklyn. The slow-cooked eggplant lunch dish is delicious, with complex, savory notes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Georgian Find!JFJrVIPDined on 8/6/2014Not only Does Oda serve very tasty, interesting Georgian food, but the staff is very friendly and eager to talk about the food and their homeland. We enjoyed a terrific lunch of a cold vegetable dish and one of the Georgian cheese breads stuffed with two cheeses and an egg...more than enough for two hearty eaters!Special Features:
- amazing bread - adjaruliWinnieNYCDined on 8/3/2014I am not a big fan of bread, but the adjaruli is really tasty. Although it sounds a bit pricey for a piece of bread with butter, egg and cheese, but it definitely deserves a try. Everything there is made to order. Great place for a few friends to enjoy a long brunch on Sunday!!Special Features:
- Great Georgian food !DineloverDined on 8/1/2014The food is great especially the bread with the butter and egg. Wish that the place wasn't that noisy. Overall, it's a great Georgian food place to dine !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014For my first Georgian food experience the food and the staff were all incredible. My friend had just came back to the US from being in Georgia for 2 years and she made a point to say how authentic the food was and how friendly everyone was also! We will definitely be back! And HIGHLY recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite!KrisDined on 7/11/2014I've said it many times about Oda - it is a fantastic place for those who love Georgian food and for those who have yet to try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will go backNYCseniorDined on 7/11/2014It was the first time I ever had Georgian food. Everything my friend and I ordered was delicious. We especially like the salmon entrée. I look forward to going back and trying some other new food experiences.Special Features:
- Outstanding Georgian FoodJacqui999Dined on 7/5/2014Hidden Gem of the East Village. Authentic Georgian food can shape any foodies experiences, if you have not tried the Georgian kitchen, than this place is a must go. Great for vegetarians as well as for meat lovers. Dont forget a bottle of wine with your food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentabruzzoDined on 7/5/2014I ate here for lunch... and had the Imeruli Khachapuri and the Ajabsandali. I had had Khacapuri when I lived in Russia 20 years ago at a great Georgian restaurant so I was searching for a Georgian restaurant in New York. After some internet searches I came across Oda House. Both dishes were delicious and I will come back soon for dinner..The Saperm wine was also excellent. Dessert was the orange cake which was again excellent. The food is very unique and original. I would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Flavorful and abundantGeorgiaMonAmourDined on 7/4/2014Next time I go to Oda House (and I will!), I will stay with appetizers. There is a long list of them to choose from and they are unique, fresh and filling. Don't forget to order a khachapuri, cheese-filled bread, freshly baked and coming to your table piping hot. (It is also good to know that all cheeses are made on premises.) The chief Maia makes in-house whatever possible, the rest of the ingredients (veggies and meat) are locally farmed. Our entrees on a recent dinner were plain unnecessary, we were full on four appetizers that we shared. If you are too hungry to forego a main course, try chakapuli (lamb stewed in tarragon, mint and other herbs), or chanakhi (lamb baked in a clay pot with eggplants, tomatoes and other vegetable).Special Features:
- The following 61 reviews are from the Oda House reviews archive.
- AmazingDowntownFoodiesDined on 7/3/2014I was there with a friend ins it's authentic Georgian food. Highly recommended go check the spot!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good georgianOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/29/2014Authentic selection of georgian food and wine near LESSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014This is a most wonderful place with fantastic chef, even according to the connoisseurs of Georgian food, excellent Georgian wines, very knowledgeable, attentive, and friendly waiters, and a charming ambiance. I would highly recommend it for a wide array of occasions.Special Features:
- Great intro to Georgian FooddridrVIPDined on 6/21/2014Enjoyed dinner here as a party of 6. Table was waiting for us when we arrived a few minutes early. No one rushed us through the meal - quite the opposite - we were made to feel welcome and unhurried. Were not familiar with the Georgian wines and were offered samples of different wine types prior to purchasing bottle. The reds are great. Enjoyed several appetizers- the various breads and tomato salad were great. The appetizers are a little pricey, but the portions are large. For mains had various offerings. Portions were well sized. The Oda special liver was excellent. The meat in the kebabs were a little too well done for our taste. No one ever offered us coffee or desert. This is a great restaurant to explore and enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must-GoedeatsDined on 6/21/2014Go for the adjaruli and dumplings (they even offer a veg option, which is nice). If you want a main, though, go for one app at most, since they're quite filling. Next time I go I'll probably split three appetizers with whomever I'm dining with and try a dessert, which we were too stuffed to try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Georgian MealKK24VIPDined on 6/8/2014Having just returned from the republic of Georgia, I can verify that the food was authentic and delicious!Special Features:
- A must visit for all foodiesifoodieDined on 6/7/2014Each and every dish is amazing. Hachapuri (adjaruli) was perfect: the crispy dough boat with cheese and egg were done just right! This is a must if you dine there. Also try the trio and Georgian salad. We chatted with the owner and he explained the origins of the dishes and the difference between the food from eastern and western parts of Georgia. Great experience overall.Special Features:
- A rare treatgaflick57VIPDined on 5/27/2014Interesting exposure for me to a previously unknown, "crossroads" cuisine. I especially enjoyed Imeruli (a soft flatbread with cheese filling) and mushroom salad with mint garnished with pomegranate seeds. Their Georgian sparkling wine (Bagrationi) also was a refreshing aperitif similar to prosecco. The food is healthful and tasty, the dining room nicely decorated, and the staff very friendly. The portions are ample, so it would be best to go with a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good KhachapuriveggiefoodieDined on 5/23/2014Georgian food is not that common in Manhattan. This place has good Khachapuri. The bread is good. The dumplings are interesting. The veggie options are not that enticing. The staff are nice. The presentation is nice. The main dishes are ok. Not like in Tbilisi.Special Features:
- Haven't been there, done that!AnonymousDined on 5/9/2014A unique cuisine, fresh, high quality ingredients and a warm an welcoming staff make dining at Oda a wonderful experience. It's an extra pleasure to introduce "been-there done-that" New Yorkers to a place they've never been and something they've never tasted before.Special Features:
- Great find!m0zart1790Dined on 5/9/2014Oda House is an amazing gem, serving authentic Georgian fare and terrific wine. I went with a group of 4 people and we order a variety of entrees, appetizers, and sides just to try them. Overall, a great experience and an affordable and fun option for dinner.Special Features:
- I liked itIsaacBrowerDined on 5/7/2014Oda house was good and nice, and that is why I liked it.Special Features: