1325 Harbor Dr N
Oceanside, CA 92054Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oceanside-broiler.com/
- Phone: 7607223474
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Oceanside Broiler
Oceanside Broiler sits right on the beautiful Oceanside Harbor with a great view of the Pacific shore. Join us for the “longest happy hour in town” everyday of the week from 11:00am to 6:00pm while enjoying the harbor or watch your favorite sports event on one of the flat screens. The Broiler prides itself on the freshest seafood, prime steaks and a great sushi menu. Sunday brunch is a favorite with the locals.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Oceanside Broiler reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (54)great for outdoor dining (36)great for lunch (22)good for groups (20)neighborhood gem (18)special occasion (15)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (11)romantic (9)fit for foodies (9)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (5)notable wine list (5)Show More
- HappyDined on 8/28/2014Service was great, Fish was not fresh and lots of smoke from kitchen in the restaurant area. Would not go back.Special Features:
- First Time DinnersOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014This was my wife's and my first time to your restaurant, we had reservations and were promptly seated. our main compliant was her filet was not cooked as ordered (way over done), had to be sent back for another which took a long time. We were at our table for 1 1/2 hrs from start to finish. We will give it another try in the near future.Special Features:
- Good food, service, and ambienceNutrnlMtblcDined on 8/22/2014Dinner here made for a pleasant evening. Unusual decor. Friendly staff.Special Features:
- Wonderful little spotFamdining4VIPDined on 8/8/2014Outstanding service! I could go here for just the sourdough rolls, garlic olive butter and clam chowder and be happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outside DiningCbad123Dined on 8/8/2014We had a very relaxing dinner on the open deck toward the rear of the restaurant. We arrived before six, in time for happy hour, and our appetizers were quite tasty. Dinner was at a leisurely pace. Salads are large enough to share. Our dinners seemed to get overall rave reviews. I had the scallops and would have expected more than three at a dinner-priced menu. Yes, they were jumbo, and yes, the rice and asparagus served with the scallops were very good. Dessert was amazing. Our waitress, Courtney, was attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Excellent Dining Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014My wife and I had a relaxing and fun dinner overlooking the harbor just before sunset. The ambiance was great. Our server (Kelly) was very helpful and friendly - she made sure our dining experience went well. They offered a great wine selection. We had the Alaskan halibut (blackened and grilled) and it was superb!! I've had halibut at numerous restaurants throughout the country and this rates one of the best. The crab cakes were delicious, also! I grew-up in this area 30 years ago and it's nice to see the improvements and new establishments at the harbor. The Oceanside Broiler is highly recommended!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014We totally enjoyed everything about this place! The service was outstanding, and the food was fantastic.Special Features:
- good food will returnFlorenceDined on 7/26/2014Not the first time we've eaten here. Good menu! While it's a fish house, one of our group had the best burger ever. Love their slaw and bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveTheWaterDined on 7/23/2014I LOVE this place! The location is perfect, right on the water with lots of boats around and foot traffic. Friendly, happy people everywhere and the Manager, Syndy was just terrific! If you are looking for a romantic or just a laid back place on the water this is it!Special Features:
- Too long a waithopedformoreDined on 7/20/2014The restaurant is very attractive and the menu had great selection. We sat immediately with a reservation and then the wait began. The server was slow getting to our table, the cocktail order took for ever to make and serve and then our dinner was the same situation. We were a party of 4 and while the food was good once it arrived one out of the 4 entrees ordered was completely wrong. They need to take a serious look at their service and staffing to make it.
- FallbrookRNTennisNurseDined on 7/18/2014Met another couple for dinner and had a wonderful time. Each of us chose a different item, from "Scallops" to Seafood Pasta, Salmon, and even the Filet Mignon. Everyone was absolutely thrilled with our meals. We will certainly be back again. I'm so glad the "new/old owners" are back and have again reenergized this restaurant.. Give it a try..Special Features:
- Delicious food, but under staffed.kimmie1990Dined on 7/12/2014The food was very good, and the portions were just right. My only issue was with the service. Unfortunately, It seemed very understaffed. Each of us ordered wine and water for the kids. Our wine came within 10 minutes, but my kids didn't get their waters until their food came which was a whole hour later. That was annoying. Luckily, the staff was really friendly but I don't think I would go back with children ever again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Didn't know what to expect but we were pleasantly surprised with the food and outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi Fanjsimm00Dined on 7/8/2014We really enjoyed our sushi lunch and prices were not too bad at all!Special Features:
- Fantastic Sunday Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/6/2014My daughters and I had Sunday brunch here and it was the best experience. We sat outside where we had a beautiful view of the marina. The brunch had an overwhelming selection of breakfast and lunch items and all were beautifully presented. The food was fantastic and there was such a variety that both my girls found several things that they lvoed. We all wished we could have eaten more. The staff was extremely friendly, very helpful, and very attentive. We will definitely come back.Special Features:
- July 3rd dinnerEllie75Dined on 7/3/20143 of us. Granddaughter - vegetable plate (liked), lava drink so-so (one at Islands better). Friend - trout a little dry (better at King's Fish House), rice so-so, tarter sauce too spicy. (I liked it.) I had shrimp pasta dish - better with angel hair not penne, also sauce a little thin, could have had more flavor. Friend and I shared hot appetizer place -- wontons & shrimp excellent, calamari good (would've like tentacles and rings better); friend thought it too salty (but she can't tolerate salt - health problems) and she also tends to be very negative. Bread was excellent, also flavored butter. Didn't have dessert. Nice on patio, lovely view, attentive waitress, pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good restaurant + great viewJudgementalDined on 7/2/2014Very good, clean, & fresh restaurant with a great view. The best thing about this restaurant is the real estate. I love eating right by the water & the boats in Oceanside Harbor. We started off with clam chowder which I thought was good except that it tasted like it had a few sweet bits of something which I later decided were probably bacon bits. I like my clam chowder with clams rather than bacon. The salmon I had was very good but nothing outstanding. There were 2 or 3 pieces & I believe they were encrusted or breaded in some kind of very light almond breading. My Heiniken was just the right temperature - very cold but not icey. The waitress was excellent. I do plan on going back to try the iced oysters on the half shell.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food and ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/30/2014Food choices were nicely varied, avocado and crab wonton appetizer was excellent, calamari tacos very tasty just wish they weren't so heavily breaded, the Broiler hamburger was very tasty and the tuna melt sandwich was excellent. The fries with the entrees were thin, light and crispy and just the right amount. Will definitely go back to try other items.Special Features:
- Skip the Sundy BrunchFoodloverSDVIPDined on 6/29/2014The sunday brunch is not good. overpriced $24 for what they provide. For $24 I expect a top notch buffet; one that rivals Karl Strauss, Canyons, etc. The main problem is the food and plates are COLD! Mac and Cheese was made with processed cheese or was entirely pre-made or both. C'mon guys, make it fresh or leave it off the menu/buffet line. Skip the brunch. Dinner might be good haven't tried it but this place won't make it if they can't get their act together.
- First date in over 15 years!Luis14538Dined on 6/28/2014After a divorce I had to restart my life. I met someone and I was recommended the Oceanside Broiler because its in the marina and close to home. The service is outstanding and food is a must try! I felt like a teenager again on my first date. The staff is very nice and greeted me in less than 5 seconds when I arrived. They did not rush me and had a very special night with my date.Special Features:
- DisappointingAndyMannDined on 6/27/2014Went for lunch a week earlier, everything was good. Went for dinner with four friends based on lunch experience...not so good. Large dining room was cold, uninviting and without ambience. Service was prompt, waitress was very pleasant and accommodating. Food was tasteless, uninspiring, unimaginative, small portioned and on the expensive side. One meal had to be re-cooked, one was uneaten and taken home, one meal was dry (angel hair pasta with shrimp) and the others mediocre at best - for taste. Exception, fish and chips but the chips frozen. Very limited menu outside of fish dishes. Altogether...very disappointing and we are unlikely to return based on this experience. Strangely, clam chowder in a bread bowl is only on the lunch menuSpecial Features:
- WowKconawayDined on 6/18/2014Seven out of the nine of us that ate that night were completely and utterly disappointed with the food. Portions for the scallops were a joke. I had the surf and turf for roughly $60 and it was extremely lackluster. Ordered filet medium rare and it came out way overcooked and tasteless. Only one that liked the food was our our 15 year old that ordered a wedge salad, hard to mess up. Everything else was a joke for the price. Will never ever return and will dissuade anyone I know to do the same. $250 down the proverbial drain.
- Last time we will go here.DebiDined on 6/15/2014Buffet was not stocked or ready for our 1:30 reservation. We asked the waitress if could just order off the menu, we were told that we could not do that until 3 pm. This was our third visit in less than a week, the first one was for lunch, not bad, a John was great, food okay. We went for happy hour. Marci was a bit rude, our food was over cooked and portions not very satisfying. We miss the Cannery.
- Disappointing brunchFoodie5Dined on 6/15/2014We took my dad here for a Father's Day brunch ($24 each). I had made a reservation and requested a booth as we had our baby with us. When we arrived around 1:15pm, they tried to seat us outside, which I declined as it was too cold for the baby & not what we wanted. Brunch ended at 2pm & about 1/3 of the items there were already empty and when we asked about it, we were told they weren't putting anymore out as it was too close to the end of the brunch. So they wanted to charge full brunch price and not provide the full brunch items. Finally, they did bring out more salads, but that was it. We were given one of our 6 meals free as an apology, but still didn't leave me with a desire to come back. The busser & server were nice & efficient.Special Features:
- The prime top sirloin is the best!!SocalgalDined on 6/13/2014This is our third dinner visit since the opening and we were not disappointed. The prime top sirloin is the best we have had, the service is the best, we brought our friends because we enjoyed our previous dinners and we wanted them to try your place too. We will be coming back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wedding anniversarys dinnerluv2dineoutsidesdDined on 6/13/2014We celebrated my sisters 50th wedding anniversary and my brothers 33rd anniversary. Food was great, service was good and the outside dinning made it very special for the 2 couples as on couple came from Arizona and the other from Colorado.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!BroilerFanDined on 6/11/2014Our Administrative team (10 folks) goes out to dinner once every year. This is the second time we have been to this establishment - once before it changed hands. Everyone loved their selections, all cooked to order exactly as desired. The appetizers were great and the expanded menu (since the Canners) had something for everyone. The server was wonderful and very attentive as was the manager. I recommend the Cajun Seared Ahi...yum!Special Features:
- NoelDined on 6/7/2014The food was like the service awesome!! Had a wonderful time! Going back again.Special Features:
- 139cds.139cdsDined on 6/3/20141st time was for preopening. Restaurant was quite smoky and noisy. Second visit (for lunch) was much better. Food was excellent with superb FRESH fish!. Service was good and the filters/fans were working! Wines were affordable but limited. Will certainly be back and will recommend to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation lunchcheapdateDined on 5/31/2014Great service- the hostess was very accommodating in our seating request. She called to confirm our reservation and was able to give us exactly what we needed outside to celebrate my sons HS grad. Food was great, fish was extremely fresh and delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocre at besthaywood5150Dined on 5/30/2014Came here to have dinner with a friend. The service and staff were great and made out visit worth the tune. The good however was mediocre at best. My wife's ribeye was plain, didn't even taste like it had salt or pepper. Our friends halibut was dry, but the lemon caper sauce was the only thing that saved the fish. I had the blackened ahi which was delicious. All of our vegetables were undercooked and had very little flavor. Honestly, the best part odd or meal was the complimentary bread and herb butter. I probably won't return.Special Features:
- get it togetherOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014A great location, but poor service and terrible food. Seems like the owner is trying run it on the cheap. Will not go back.Special Features:
- working out the kinksOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/25/2014Slow service. Cold side dishes. Soup never came. No silverware or napkins until we asked. Fish was good though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2014Not worth the money. Ok to go for a drink but not dinnerSpecial Features:
- BrunchdjaysDined on 5/25/2014We have been eating brunch here for years and years when it was the Cannery. Tried Oceanside Broiler for our first time and we were not too impressed. The waitress took our omelet order which was not something we had encountered before. The omelet came and was not at all what I had ordered, kind of dry and not even warm. The rest of the buffet was just ok. I don't like paying 6.00 for a bottle of champagne, just include it in the overall price and make it unlimited. Also used to enjoy the bands on Sunday afternoons, we were told they probably wont be having bands at all. They have continued the happy hour specials that the Cannery had and that is probably what we will go back for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was skeptical due to reviews.HarborBroilerDined on 5/24/2014This place was good. Made reservations through OpenTable app and when we arrived we where immediately seated at our reserved table. The service was great. From the time we sat down until the time our food arrived was about 15 minutes. The service was good and friendly and the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, Inviting and Good Food!LocalFoodieDined on 5/21/2014We enjoyed our evening. Food was excellent and many choices. My Steak was WONDERFUL. Thank you. Service a tad confusing, however, everyone VERY pleasant and the confusion will work it's way out. We are happy to have restaurant open again and love the decor. Very inviting.Special Features:
- 7607223176GandalfDined on 5/20/2014My wife ordered a salad with olives, garbanzo beans and onions. It also came with feta cheese. She specifically told the waitress twice that she did not want the feta. When it came, it had feta cheese on it. The waiter politely apologized and took it back. The replacement had no feta cheese, but also no olives, beans or onions on it. Maybe the lack of communication was a result of the high noise level. We could not talk across the table in a normal voice and be heard. I can't guess what the problem was in the kitchen. We will give them a few months to get their act together and go back again to re-evaluate the situation. But the next experience better be flawless.Special Features:
- Not Good First ImpressionEmiller2311Dined on 5/18/2014Should have waited to visit this place Scallops not cooked thoroughly Three pieces of silverware had dried food left on them Wine glass also not properly clean- had to send it back A bit expensive for the quality of foodSpecial Features:
- A refreshing experience!DanaLucy1Dined on 5/17/2014Top not ambiance with beautiful decor. Food was fresh and served hot. The noise level was a little on the high side but probably due to a few over zealous diners and their libations. 😉Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.