Oceanside at Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort
39 Beach Lagoon Road
Amelia Island, FL 32034Neighborhood:
CaribbeanPrice: $30 and under
Oceanside at Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.omnihotels.com/FindAHotel/AmeliaIsland/
- Phone: (904) 491-4113x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 6:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Oceanside at Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort
Offering views of the Atlantic Ocean and overlooking a multi-tiered poolscape, Oceanside is flip-flop friendly and known for its Floribbean cuisine, ice cold beer, and frozen tropical drinks. At night, the culinary team fires up the grill for a selection of fresh fish, steaks, and local specialties. Dine on scrumptious fish tacos or cut into a tender filet while enjoying the fresh ocean breeze on the open air deck. Designed to make the most of pool and beachside dining, Oceanside's menu focuses on fresh simplicity with a mix of Florida and Caribbean flavors. From ice cold draft beers and frozen tropical drinks to poolside snacks and grilled seafood delicacies, Oceanside has something for the entire family.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Oceanside at Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort - Best Restaurants in Fernandina Beach ›
Oceanside at Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (30)great for outdoor dining (23)kid-friendly (12)great for lunch (9)good for groups (8)special occasion (5)fit for foodies (5)romantic (4)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (2)neighborhood gem (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great service! Enjoyable dinner!MMM1972Dined on 9/8/2014The only thing I would have changed would be the weather! The meal was great! We had the roasted chicken and LOVED it! Portion sizes are very generous ... so I am glad we split the entre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food,cheerful staff,ocean viewrwryeFLDined on 8/30/2014We tried Oceanside for the first time this weekend for a special event, my wife's birthday. The restaurant is one of the new venues in the new Omni hotel at Amelia Island, of which we have heard great reviews. The restaurant was clean, although it had a bit of an echo/noise level mainly due to the doors being closed to keep in the A/C. Can't wait to go back when it cools off a little and the doors are open, letting in the sea breeze to match the ocean and beach views. The food was really good, and the staff was about the most cheerful I've encountered. We will be back!Special Features:
- Disappointing!SallyVIPDined on 8/11/2014The server was in attentive and forgot to order the calamari and shrimp appetizer. It finally arrived and it was served hot but it was overly battered and fried. We ordered the "Florida Swordfish" and the special which was fish also. The swordfish was not edible. It was a an odd shade of gray and although the plate was hot the fish was cool. It was almost as if it was cooked the day before! The special was better but not flavorful. The bread offered was stale and seemed to be reheated from an earlier meal. The check arrived and we had a difficult time getting the server to return to process our card. In addition, the hotel charges a ridiculous $10 for valet parking if you are not a guest at the Omni. The valet was not welcoming.Special Features:
- Good hotel restaurantSid44Dined on 8/8/2014Restaurant is located near the pool area and is OK if you don't want to leave the hotel area. Food is OK, not great. Service was very good. Basically what you expect at a hotel. There are so many good restaurants in the area no reason to eat here unless you just want to stay close to hotel.Special Features:
- Don't bother. Rude hostess.WheelchairDined on 8/1/2014Disappointed would not be seated by the windows because we were a mere party of two. The supposed reservations never showed while we were there! Rude hostess but good server.Special Features:
- Tasty food and a beautiful viewTracyVIPDined on 7/31/2014I was a little apprehensive about eating here because the restaurant is just off the pool but it was a delightful experience. The service was friendly and prompt and the menu was inventive. I had the crab cake appetizer and the tuna tartare appetizer, along with a caesar salad. The salad and the crab cakes were oustanding - very little filler in the crabcakes. The tuna tartare was good - it was full of red pepers, which just is not my thing, but the tuna itself had a great flavor, and the presentation of all of the food was nice. The restaurant has some cool cocktails, including some interesting mojitos, which were refreshing. The prices are a little high, being at a resort, but overall, a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Resort 2TravelerDined on 7/13/2014Food was good but service was amateur and slow. Adequate for a snack bar or family needing to feed the kids. Fun for lunch if not in a hurry. Not for a romantic seaside dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for couples!tommydjDined on 7/10/2014On the recommendation of the concierge, this was supposed to be the best place for an anniversary dinner (32 years). Made a reservation a month ahead - you'd think that would get you a decent table, but we ended up by the door, with those waiting for tables hovering over us. While perhaps the rain moved some parties indoors, it was disappointing to see the table by the window empty until one of their staffers showed up clearly making a sales pitch. It was our waiter's first night not training, and we waiting nearly 30 minutes before even seeing bread and the bottle of wine we had ordered upon being seated. Food was fine, but this was not the experience we'd intended.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2014Had reservation for 18 at 6:45. Table was ready when we arrived and the waitress did a great job in taking the order and serving the table. The order was late coming out after about a 1:30 minute or more wait. No one came over other than the waitress to explain to us the wait time. After the food finally came out several of the plates were not cooked properly. We ate and explained to the manager the issue and were told she would do something and nothing was done.Special Features:
- Cliff LCliffDined on 6/24/2014Food and view very good. Service was terrible. We were ignored as servers gave their attention to a large Conference group and a table of VIP's from the hotel organization. Kudo's to Robert who noticed our situation and went above & beyond to make us feel better.Special Features:
- AmazingMicheleTDined on 6/24/2014Beyond expectations. The Grouper Signature feature was amazing. I've never been a fish person, but it came so highly recommended that I had to try it. I was not disappointed. Even if we do not stay at the Omni next time, we will be dining at the Verandah!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just another pool resturant and barIslandResident1Dined on 6/5/2014Feel free to wear bathing suites and no shoes but don't dress as you would for another restaurant, you won't fit in. Be prepared for lots of loud children and crying baby's. That being said the food was actually very good but the shrimp on the egg app were over cooked. Not a special occasion place but good if you want a view.Special Features:
- Oceanside true to its nameEcclesiastes518Dined on 5/24/2014The best aspect of our dining experience was its proximity to the sea; the only thing that separated us from the beach was a small dune. We sat outside on the stone patio with a lovely view of the sea. My swordfish, a regular menu item, was very good, but the fish special that my wife ordered was disappointing; the fish was fresh and cooked nicely, but the combination of flavors (mango sauce, peppers, spice) did not work. The food is grossly over-priced which is to be expected at a resort location; my wife and I paid $93 just for salads and entrees (no wine).Special Features:
- The following 25 reviews are from the Oceanside at Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort reviews archive.
- Go for the view!spzaggerVIPDined on 5/18/2014One of the few restaurants on Amelia Island to offer a view of the ocean, Oceanside also overlooks the pool at the Omni. We sat outdoors, but there is also an indoor option. The menu includes both lite fare and ambitious pricey entrees. We sampled two of the lighter offerings. The tuna tartar included two large portions, one with pineapple, and the other with more heat and topped with corn. We did not care for the pineapple version. The burger arrived medium well done despite our request that it be served "as rare as possible." It was nevertheless very tasty. Valet parking $10; self-park free. Despite being underwhelmed by the food, the setting is so charming that we will definitely return in good weather to soak up the view and ambience.Special Features:
- Slow serviceunhappyDined on 5/13/2014The service was extremely slow and a steak dish was only warm and over cooked. For the price the overall experience was not worth it.Special Features:
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/11/2014Overpriced for value of food. While typical of a hotel restaurant still disappointing. Service ok. Great view and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Wonderful ambianceknitter45Dined on 5/11/2014How can you beat this location? Indoor/outdoor dining with a magnificent ocean view. A gentle sea breeze wafting gently through the room which is open on 2 sides. The service was impeccable. My husband brought me here for Mother's Day and I enjoyed every minute. My filet was to die for. His pork chop was very tender but lacked a little flavor and our Caprese salad was heavy on the tomatoes and light on the cheese. Chocolate cake to die for! All in all a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Weak ConceptMarkDined on 5/10/2014Don't think the split style works. There are guests there for fine dining with a view and couples with small kids and strollers. The view and ambiance is terrific yet you have servers in baseball hats with sunglasses and sneakers. It should be one concept or the other, both are fine, just not together.Special Features:
- Great for an OccasionkirkandjaneDined on 5/10/2014We celebrated my Dad's 90th Birthday here. The restaurant is located at the Omni Amelia Island Resort. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- disappointedSuebeeDined on 5/2/2014Was expecting better food. Service was ok, the variety of food offered was slim. Expensive for what you got. More like a chain restaurant. Staff was friendly but felt rushed to eat and leave so the next group could come in. There are much better restaurants at the resort.
- Good place for good foodRayernDined on 4/26/2014Good food, good service but we had 2 big groups and than it is VERY noisy and very difficult to have a conversationSpecial Features:
- Don't order a martiniLewistwinDined on 4/24/2014We all loved this place - I felt like I was in Bali or some other world . We are old people and can't really eat a large meal anymore and we were allowed to split the entree and the salad and it was perfect. One member of our party ordered a steak which Came over cooked- the chef came out the kitchen to apologize and offered to cook another one for Him. The One little aggravation was The Martines that my husband and the steak guy ordered . They were warm and slow to come. They had no Onions for My husband's Gibson. We live on The island and will return and continue To bring guestsSpecial Features:
- eileenhappyonlinDined on 4/20/2014It is a memorable location with all the right ingredients .ESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like being at Disney World.OpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 4/17/2014While the food was good-not amazing but good,the restaurant reminded us of being in Disney World. It is in the Amelia Island Plantation Resort which turned out to be way more kid oriented than I imagined. No matter that the restaurant touts itself as an upscale place by night, the service was intended to get people in and out as quick as possible.If you are with kids and you want better food than pizza and chicken tenders for them, eat here and it will be like you are dining at Disney. Cost and atmosphere are the same. So I don't recommend it for couples looking for a nice slow meal to enjoy.Special Features:
- Good FoodAisddsDined on 4/15/2014Food and service were great! Very loud and hectic. Lots of kids. Very good for families. Not for quiet dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food; mediocre serviceMedinaMom24Dined on 4/8/2014This hotel is part of the Omni resort at Amelia Island which is simply beautiful. I had a seafood special which was excellent although the portion was a little small. However the key lime pie was excellent and that slice was big enough for 2-3 people. Sitting outside with an ocean breeze facing the water was magnificent. The only downfall was my server. He was slow and not attentive. It took 10 minutes to be acknowledged then another 7 to receive my drink. Once my order was placed the food arrived promptly (delivered by someone else) but then my server dropped the ball again and took a long time to deliver my check. If you have a lot of time and patience and want a great meal with an excellent scene, this is the perfect place.Special Features:
- It was a very nice surprise…..ambieRanieVIPDined on 4/4/2014It was a very nice surprise…..ambience plus….food excellent and service very good. We will go back especially in the nice weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationFoxieDined on 3/31/2014It's a lovely restaurant, however, the noise factor was almost unbearable. There were 3 large groups and they were extremely noisy making for it almost impossible to carry on a conversation with our table. The service was outstanding and we were fortunate enough to get our order in before the large groups. The food was good but a bit pricey. The desserts were outstanding. It was a nice 18th birthday celebration in spite of the noise. We will try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Locationrjs7878Dined on 3/30/2014After dining at many venues on Amelia Island, we wished we had found this location earlier in our stay. The staff was super friendly and attentive, and the atmosphere and location were just what you expect/desire when at the beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service and food qualityRandofordDined on 3/21/2014The service and food quality and flavor was fantastic....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has potentialJByrdDined on 3/12/2014We were excited about eating here, but unfortunately the food and the drinks were not worth the price. We ordered the pork, filet mignon, and the flounder. Out of the three, the filet was the tastiest. The pork was cold and dry, and the flounder was bland. We ended up returning the pork. We also ordered some cocktails, which ended up being "unexciting." The Mai Tai, for instance, was served in a glass meant more for soda or water than a cocktail, and the mixture used was on the sour side.The meal was worth about a 1/3 of the piece we paid. In addition, it took close to an hour before we received all of our dishes once ordered. The waitstaff, on the other hand, was excellent. Our waitress in particular was friendly, patient, and dynamic.Special Features:
- OceansidejackDined on 3/9/2014Food was good, drinks were good, service was good. However, it was extremely loud, and impossible to carry on a conversation over dinner. It was too cool to sit outside - but that would have been a better option to be able to have conversation. Also, be aware that there is a charge for valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was Awesome!!! GreatLuv2sampleDined on 3/7/2014The food was Awesome!!! Great place to eat! Would go back in a heart beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very good.....champsDined on 3/1/2014The food was very good..... the chef is excellent .....keep up the good work I know its hard work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food needs improvement--great view!dineonameliaDined on 2/25/2014We went at lunchtime on a beautiful sunny day to take full advantage of the scenic view at Oceanside and discovered that the menu is very limited compared to their evening menu. Our group of 5 was able to try a wide variety of the offerings and rated most of them sub-par. The hamburger and crab cake sandwich were particularly disappointing. The exceptions were the she-crab soup and the fried calamari/shrimp/jalapeno appetizer which were both rated delicious by all of our diners. The parmesan french fries were also a big hit. For the money, you can find better food and equally gorgeous views at other locations.Special Features:
- Amelia Island new dining spot!AmeliaLocalDined on 2/24/2014Nice to know that the Omni has opened up their once "exclusive to hotel guests only" restaurants , to the public!!! I can't wait to go back and sit outside and enjoy the ocean breeze! The noise level inside was a bit loud. Our waiter, while a delightful young man, was not savy on wines available on the menu nor knowledgeable of how to serve the wine. We tried the deviled eggs as an appetizer and they were AWESOME! A MUST try for sure! Local shrimp and fishes we had for dinner were out of this world delicious! Pork chop was quite tasty as well. We were told by the valet when we arrived that they would charge us $20 if we extended our dinner past two hours???? What? Too bad Omni stopped us from after dinner drinks! Off to the Ritz!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't bother!Momof4VIPDined on 4/16/2013Really, really disappointed. We made a reservation on Open Table and arrived at the resort. We were told by the security guard we could not eat there unless we were guests of the resort. When he called over to the restaurant they said they had no reservation for us. Unbelievable. Why is this restaurant even on Open Table? Our party of 6 people then had to scramble to come up with another restaurant to eat at. Very, very disappointed in both the restaurant and Open Table.
- The redesign is beautiful,UpdateVIPDined on 4/14/2013The redesign is beautiful, but expect to overpay for hotel quality food.