234 North Ocean Blvd.
Deerfield Beach, FL 33441Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oceans234.com/
- Phone: 9544282539x
- Hours of Operation:
MONDAY-THURSDAY: 11:30 AM- 10:00 PM
FRIDAY AND SATURDAY: 11:30AM -11:00 PM
SUNDAY 11:00 AM- 10:00 PM
Brunch 11:00 Am- 2:00 PM SUNDAYS ONLY
BAR HOURS SUBJECT TO CHANGE-Please Call For More Details.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Victor Franco
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Relax in our comfortable setting and savor Chef Johnny’s inspired cuisine. The sights, aromas and tastes will awaken your senses with an unparalleled dining experience. OCEANS 234 has earned a reputation that goes well beyond its breathtaking setting...
- Private Party Contact: Kristin Pease 9544282539x2
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment Friday and Saturday evenings.
Entertainment beachside, Sunday afternoon.
Wild Wild West Country Night, Sunday evenings.
- Special Events: Your special occasion set with the most beautiful Oceanfront view in South Florida! Our Special Events Manager, Kristin Pease, will cater to your every need.
A word from Oceans 234
Relax in our comfortable setting and savor Chef Victor's inspired cuisine. The sights, aromas and tastes of OCEANS will awaken your senses with an unparalleled dining experience. OCEANS has earned a reputation that goes well beyond its breathtaking setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Oceans 234 - Best Restaurants in Deerfield Beach ›
Oceans 234 reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (85)great for outdoor dining (82)great for brunch (35)romantic (34)special occasion (34)great for lunch (33)fit for foodies (27)neighborhood gem (24)good for groups (22)vibrant bar scene (21)hot spot (19)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (9)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Great Spot on the OceanChermoDined on 9/16/2014Always enjoy coming here. We shared the steak and a poached pear salad and it was enough food for the two of us. The steak was especially good. We substituted the sweet potato mashed for the other potato dish and had asparagus instead of the veggie medley, (which is my least favorite tasteless vegetable.) Our waiter, McGee was excellent and very charming. The only negative was the annoying music from next door. A little romantic music playing softly would be a plus here.Special Features:
- Best seafood and ocean view!Noojin3Dined on 9/10/2014Literally the best ocean view on the Atlantic!!!! Try 5 feet from the beach! Great environment and fabulous seafood, chicken and steaks, with first class service! Guests will be amazed and overwhelmed by the breath taking views...it simply delights! Everyone walks away with wonderful and an unforgettable experience and special memories! Not to mention that Deerfield Beach is one of the most beautiful and scenic beaches on the Atlantic Coast and you are right there! 5 Star food, service, ambience and ocean views! AAA+. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location, good foodAndyDined on 9/7/2014The location is excellent, right on the beach. Outdoor dining here is great. Unfortunately the person i was with didnt want to eat outside as it was a hot day. Insider, there is absolutely NO VIEW! So the dining experience is very different outside vs. inside. The food is good and the service was excellent. The price is about what you would expect to pay for an upscale brunch. I will definitely go back only if I can eat outside......Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2014Great mohitos at the bar while we waited for our table. Parking was difficult but this was attributed to a holiday weekend. Valet was not available by 6:30 p.m. Bartenders were great! Sat outside, close to walk way with perfect view of the surf. Great breeze! Food did not disappoint - sushi was great and the Pastachio Mahi was fabulous! Will definitely dine again! Service was good too, which was impressive since the restaurant was at capacity on a holiday weekend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible waiterChuckDined on 8/30/2014Food was great but how many times do you have to tell your waiter that you are not ready to order while we are still having cocktails and apps. frank made our first time at Oceans very uncomfortable. After he asked is for the 5th time I finally told him to stop. When we did order the Grouper special was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstandig service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Great atmonphere and service. The manager Amanda welcomed us with a nice smile. We definitely will come back.Special Features:
- Happy BirthdaybirthdaygirlDined on 8/30/2014I had a wonderful birthday dinner, the food was the best, our server was attentive. The view was awesome, my only problem was the next table was smoking cigars we had to move inside could not take the smell with this wonderful meal.Special Features:
- The food wasn't that good.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014My husband ordered the Black Seabass and it was ok... need flavor.. I order the Ribeye steak it was a lot of fat.. I was expecting more than a piece of fat with a little of meat. The service was horrible, the girl never come to the table for nothing, she didn't ask how was the food .. nothing..Special Features:
- Oceans on a match date. :-)OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014The staff was overwhelmingly cooperative. The food was hot when served. We were nut rushed and allowed to take our time.Special Features:
- best place on the beachstesunDined on 8/29/20142nd time back and it was better than the first visit. Crab cake blt is my favorite now soon to be replaced by my next choice. Sit outside on the far left to hear live music from the next bar over or sit far right to just hear the ocean waves.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014This was a great experience. The food was great and the view was beautiful. Make sure to sit outside. So great for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable !Insgal13Dined on 8/28/2014Food was excellent but drink prices were obscene ! A normal seeing of mojito at a ridiculous price of $12! It wasn't any more enjoyable than the mojito at a local bar so why the high price? With 8 people, the bar Bill was higher than our food bill......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointeddisappointedDined on 8/23/2014We ate there on a late night 2 years ago on my first date with my now Wife we were very disappointed as we celebrated our anniversary At the restaurant. We made a reservation got right in and had a beautiful ocean front view table the rest was very disappointing, food selection was poor, quantity of hors d'oeuvres versus price. and then the final disappointment The food was terrible. the martinis We're average price and we expect it. a great place for drinks I wouldn't recommend eating here.Special Features:
- Great food & Location (2 issues)OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014To start with the positive, our waitress was very helpful and our entrees were delicious, especially the corn& shrimp crusted snapper.We were seated outside and had a great water view. Issues: Two of the three of us were seated immediately, but the third person in our party did not show up for 20 minutes.....a problem with limited valet parking assistance. After dinner, it took another 20 minutes for him to retrieve our car. Parking is definitely a problem on a busy night. . Also we were seated outside near the bar and at times, had trouble hearing each other. We have been here for Brunch and it is, of course, much quieter. We will return, but will choose our day and time with care.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful waitressfooddeeDined on 8/22/2014Wonderful waitress named Julie who made my dining experience unforgettable. The food was superb and the view magnificent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Quick service great food got great table with great view:) a little loud but not too bad.. Will definitely be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nicekrw57Dined on 8/8/2014We've been here quite a few times and have not been disappointed yet. That's rare for most restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ExperienceWVUGradDined on 8/3/2014While on a girls weekend, my three friends and I decided to eat at Oceans 234 on the last night of our trip. Everything was outstanding. Our waiter Michael was attentive and funny. We ordered a variety of different foods and everything was exceptional. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants a fun atmosphere, great service, and outstanding food. We will be back again next year!Special Features:
- DisappointingdiscerningdinerDined on 8/2/2014While the setting at Oceans 234 is idyllic, the seafood dishes and service are not. The main entrées, including specials, sound delectable but portions are inconsistent, sauces are heavy and/or over-sweet, and toppings like crabmeat, as described, are lightly sprinkled at best. We let the restaurant know, via email, that both couples were celebrating wedding anniversaries (38 and 16 years) that evening yet there was no recognition of that fact by the hostesses or server which was also disappointing. Highly doubtful that we would return.Special Features:
- Mid week dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/30/2014The service was good but it took long for our food to arrive. We sat 50 minutes with just sodas. Very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryPickyDined on 7/29/2014The main reason we went there was to celebrate our wedding anniversary. They sent us a voucher good for $34, the price of a bottle of wine. We had sauteed calamari, which was not on the menu and it was excellent. We also had Pistachio Mahi-Mahi and The Grouper special which both exceeded our expectations and were prepared excellent. The waiter was excellent and attentive.Special Features:
- eatingout7daysaweekDined on 7/27/2014VERY NOISY POOR SERVICE, WAIT OVER 1/2 HOUR. SITTING TOO CLOSE TO NEXT TABLE AND THEY KEPT BUMPING INTO US. USUALLYN MUCH BETTER.
- Great view, but it'll cost youflygirlDined on 7/22/2014This isn't the Oceans 234 I remember. I have been several times in the past two years and would have recommend it for a special gathering, annivesary,celebration etc. It is a lively place but this time it was way too loud, smokey and super casual. The food was also a little dissapointing, good but just not as top notch as I remember. You can't beat the view even onovercast, or windy evenings. Maybe this was just a fluke but the meal is getting a little pricey to take that kind of chance.Special Features:
- DinnerMikeDined on 7/20/2014Went here with my wife for dinner. This place has nice outdoor seating with a nice view of the ocean. Our server was not very good at all the food was mediocre at best. The drinks were watered down and tasted poor. The website said valet parking is 3 dollars when you get there you find out it is 5 dollars. The Valet people were not very friendly at all. I definitely wouldn't recommend this place just based on the service alone.Special Features:
- My go to restaurantMillieFromPhillyDined on 7/20/2014Oceans 234 is my go to restaurant when we have out of town visitors, special occasions, and a great spot for Sunday Brunch - with an awesome view!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alway goodrobmVIPDined on 7/20/2014Love to have brunch here on a nice Sunday! Nice to now have a VIP card! YEA! ):Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RosalieDined on 7/20/2014The service was excellent. Mike was our server and did all the right things to make our meal enjoyable. The food was great! I will return.Special Features:
- Good food and great viewYayaDined on 7/19/2014However, the waiter was inattentive and not very friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local FavoriteKennyNDined on 7/17/2014Since the opening of this restaurant about a decade ago, I've brought family and friends and have yet to be disappointed by any aspect of this restaurant. Outdoor dining and people watching on the beach is a plus. And now that I live directly across the street, I find myself fortunate enough to dine there more often!Special Features:
- badOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014Too noisy, crowded, and hot. Wanted to eat inside but there was no air conditioner inside. Service was very slow. Waiter had too many tables. I would not go back. Forced to enter a category for 'noise level'. 'Energetic" is not correct. Noise level was obnoxious. Tables were crowded too close together. Food was overpriced.
- Great View!LasVegasPZDined on 7/12/2014Met friends for an early dinner and drinks. Sat outside and had a beautiful view of the ocean. Ordered sushi and key lime pie for dessert. Awesome!Special Features:
- MareVIPDined on 7/11/2014LOVE, Love, Love this place. The best sushi ever! Oh and the view is absolutely awesome!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerRickalaDined on 7/9/2014I had a great birthday dinner the other night. I really enjoyed the food, and our waiter Tommy was terrific. The spicy firecracker shrimp was awesome, as well as the salmon that I had. A great place to go.Special Features:
- Awesome scenic brunchryanDined on 7/8/20143 dozen fresh oysters and sushi were enjoyed on this beach day, brunch time w/ kids and friends; perfect for casual lunch, atmosphere, and all things 'beach' - great 1st date spot and quick bite to eat! Ask for Mike Cap, Greg, Chip, Johnny or Donna for your servers.Special Features:
- NOISE LEVELbeachyDined on 7/6/2014Music was much too loud--hard to carry on conversationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The only problem was....Jd21299Dined on 7/5/2014The dirty bar smell when you walk in the front door. Don't know if it was the mats on he floor or just a dirty outside bar. Not sure exactly but it was noticeable. Good thing we ate outside. Food and service was great!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SnapperOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/5/2014We always come to your restaurant for the delicious snapper. It has always been pan sauteed, but on Saturday our waiter said that isn't how it is prepared any more. It was baked with some coating. Needless to say, there was no comparison. We were disappointed. Hopefully, you will go back to pan sauteed at some point.
- Perfect locationOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/4/2014Great location right on the beach. We were there for lunch, and the food and service were outstanding. Blackened dolphin sandwich, crab cake BLT, fried calamari, all great. And the service was really impressive. Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and deliciousFoodchickDined on 6/25/2014Food was amazing and unique. Atmosphere was beach chic and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect beach side but a bit noisyTheDudeDined on 6/22/2014The view is perfect. The food is excellent and the service is great. However, the Sunday brunch was almost unbearable due to the high sound volume from the music. We were expecting a cool relaxing brunch with some chill low background music but got energetic house music. Not cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.