234 North Ocean Blvd.
Deerfield Beach, FL 33441Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oceans234.com/
- Phone: (954) 428-2539
- Hours of Operation:
MONDAY-THURSDAY: 11:30 AM- 10:00 PM
FRIDAY AND SATURDAY: 11:30AM -11:00 PM
SUNDAY 11:00 AM- 10:00 PM
Brunch 11:00 Am- 2:00 PM SUNDAYS ONLY
BAR HOURS SUBJECT TO CHANGE-Please Call For More Details.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Victor Franco
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Relax in our comfortable setting and savor Chef Johnny’s inspired cuisine. The sights, aromas and tastes will awaken your senses with an unparalleled dining experience. OCEANS 234 has earned a reputation that goes well beyond its breathtaking setting...
- Private Party Contact: Kristin Pease 9544282539x2
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment Friday and Saturday evenings.
Entertainment beachside, Sunday afternoon.
Wild Wild West Country Night, Sunday evenings.
- Special Events: Your special occasion set with the most beautiful Oceanfront view in South Florida! Our Special Events Manager, Kristin Pease, will cater to your every need.
A word from Oceans 234
Relax in our comfortable setting and savor Chef Victor's inspired cuisine. The sights, aromas and tastes of OCEANS will awaken your senses with an unparalleled dining experience. OCEANS has earned a reputation that goes well beyond its breathtaking setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Oceans 234 - Best Restaurants in Deerfield Beach ›
Oceans 234 reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (78)scenic view (73)special occasion (32)good for groups (31)hot spot (29)fit for foodies (28)great for lunch (27)neighborhood gem (26)vibrant bar scene (25)romantic (25)great for brunch (16)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (10)notable wine list (7)Show More
- Review of oceans 234OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Had a great experience but the server was horrible. Had to get our own drinks at the bar multiple times. Still gave 20% tip but I believe that server will hurt your business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in Deerfield BeachLivingOnTheBeachVIPDined on 11/13/2014My partner and I went to celebrate our friend's 93rd birthday with her daughter. Wanted a special dining experience for this special occasion. Our dining experience exceeded our expectations, which were high based on previous reviews. We sat outside in the corner, which was less noisy than the rest of the area as there was a vibrant crowd enjoying their meals. Michael B. was our waiter and he was extremely attentive and friendly, making our 93 year old friend feel it was truly a special evening. Beverages and food arrived with a minimal wait and perfectly prepared. Portions were large enough that we were able to share meals and appetizers. We started with the Edamame and Heaping Bowl of Clams, as well as the Pretzel Bread which was surprisingly delicious. Highly recommend them as they were wonderfully seasoned and fresh. Snapper and Bronzini dinners were delicious, tender and not overly prepared with sauces, so that we were able to enjoy the taste of the perfectly cooked fish. The wine list was varied, so there is a white or red wine by the glass for anyone's preference. We were all pleased with our choices (Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc, and Cabernet). Dinner concluded with expresso, coffee and a surprise ice cream and brownie dessert. Will definitely go back and ask for Michael B.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the beachBobTDined on 11/11/2014Nice view, good overall. Seafood is better than the steak. My ribeye was undercooked. My dining companions had good luck with the lobster tails and sea bass. A decent spot, if slightly overpriced.Special Features:
- Amazing experience!Frank2KatDined on 11/10/2014I had dinner with my wife on Monday night, one of thet best restaurants we've dined in ever, although is expensive though is amazing!!!! The place is beautiful and the location is just right for a romantic occasions. Food, hands down, we just asked for bunch of appetizers and couple drinks and it was great!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone more pricey $$$$$$PjmmVIPDined on 11/7/2014Food still good but gone very pricey. Double the price of cosmos at other high end restaurants. $12.00! Valet jams your car in still and scratches are just a matter of "if not this time next time. ". Once a year is enough. Waitress was good and upbeat. I think since Wyndham took over old Howard Johnson hotel they upped prices.Special Features:
- Will returnTashaVIPDined on 11/5/2014Enjoyed the outdoor dining and ocean views. Food was good ...ordered tuna and felt it was over cooked but still was tasty. Will definately return to try a few other dishes. Plus, I would go back for drinks to listen to the music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is specialMontrealGalDined on 11/3/2014The chefs really care about preparing food in a great way. The fish was grilled perfectly, veggies not overcooked, home fries were perfect, etc. Seafood done perfectly. A bit pricey so we only go for special occassions. Also great if it's a nice night & you can sit outside watching the ocean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's about the viewcarolesbirthdaybrunchDined on 11/2/2014On a beautiful, sunny day, with the temperature just right, a great place for brunch or lunch. Average prices for average food, but excellent, non-intrusive service. However, the outdoor setting is the best thing on the menu when it comes to brunch. The pounding surf, volleyball, sunbathers and people strolling the path before you. The most creative item for me was the lobster eggs benedict. So much lobster with a nicely light, tangy hollaindaise sauce! Recommend the home fries to accompany. Onions, peppers with chunks of righteously pan fried potatoes. Be prepared for valet parking with a required $5 fee, or good luck finding an alternative. All in all, worth any inconvience just for the ambience of the outdoor setting on a good daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Noisy and Service was okKristinDined on 11/1/2014Food was good. We sat outside and too noisy. Other diners were sitting in isles and my husband and I kept getting bumped from other diners trying to get through. Not relaxing at all. The waiter was so slow.
- Oceans 234OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/30/2014The food was delicious, the drinks were well made. The sushi we ordered was a little heavy in terms of the fried ingredients, but the rolls were unique. Amazing service from our waiter! All the cigarette smoke outside took away from the ambience though. Otherwise, this was a beautiful location, right on the beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oceans234 was a fantastic!!MebocatDined on 10/26/2014The service was wonderful. Great food and wine!! The beach view was wonderful! Our server was wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Known for the viewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014Excellent place for group outing. Good service and very accommodating. Beautiful view.Special Features:
- I would never recommend this resturantDeli11504VIPDined on 10/18/2014After making the reservation and calling the resturant they never informed me of a wedding rehearsal dinner they where holding and the outside was not available and they only have about 3 tables inside the resturant. Also had a plastic piece of something in my salad and manager realy did not care, however she did remove the price of the salad of my bill.Special Features:
- Fine Oceanside DiningOceanDinerGirlDined on 10/17/2014Great, fresh, well prepared seafood. Chef has real vision. Highly recommended. Outside dining the best, but can be extremely hot June-Sept. Must request table closest to ocean to get the best tables. If you just request outside dining, you aren't guaranteed the best view. I just moved to Boca Raton in June and have been twice already. Pretty much plan to take any visiting family and friends there for each of their first visits to the area.Special Features:
- beachgirlDined on 10/17/2014The last 2 times we have been to Ocean's the food has been great and the service is excellent. The wait staff really works as a team and seem to really enjoy their jobs.Special Features:
- Always a good timePamCVIPDined on 10/17/2014As always, the food, service and view is wonderful. They have one of the most friendly staff I have ever had in any restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ocean BreezeBocaBestVIPDined on 10/12/2014Great location.. right on the beach, you can feel the ocean breeze. Our server was great. We were celebrating our anniversary, and he was very accommodating. (I had called the hostess in advance to send over a special dessert, but she didn't relay it to the waiter. He fixed it though.) However, I found the food to be very expensive, and the bill can add up quickly. Also, it was a bit loud from the bass next door at JB's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/11/2014be aware - the prices have gone up dramatically. Still a great place to go to enjoy the evening breezes and great food and cocktails. Will become more of a special occasion place for us due to the price increases.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Perfect spot for a just because romantic evening or for impressing some guests. Great view, incredible food. Worth the price. Don't miss the snapper.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014nightclub next door was very loud, annoying bass. was told dress code was buisness casual, but any and all were welcomed from the beach. kids crying.... not what you want included in an expensive night out. Waitress said Sundays are the worst-go figure!Special Features:
- Our Fifth AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014We were able to get a great table by the ocean for our anniversary through Open Table reservations. The food was incredible and we had a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and one of a kind viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014The ambiance is one of a kind over looking the ocean. I defiantly recommend this location due to its service, great food and location. I ordered the grouper with crab meat which was outstanding. Their seafood food is amazing. I typically order what is on special as for it is always a good option and really fresh. I enjoy coming to this restaurant on a date night or with family and friends. I have also been here for business meeting where the atmosphere lends itself to a great experience.Special Features:
- Great Spot on the OceanChermoDined on 9/16/2014Always enjoy coming here. We shared the steak and a poached pear salad and it was enough food for the two of us. The steak was especially good. We substituted the sweet potato mashed for the other potato dish and had asparagus instead of the veggie medley, (which is my least favorite tasteless vegetable.) Our waiter, McGee was excellent and very charming. The only negative was the annoying music from next door. A little romantic music playing softly would be a plus here.Special Features:
- Best seafood and ocean view!Noojin3Dined on 9/10/2014Literally the best ocean view on the Atlantic!!!! Try 5 feet from the beach! Great environment and fabulous seafood, chicken and steaks, with first class service! Guests will be amazed and overwhelmed by the breath taking views...it simply delights! Everyone walks away with wonderful and an unforgettable experience and special memories! Not to mention that Deerfield Beach is one of the most beautiful and scenic beaches on the Atlantic Coast and you are right there! 5 Star food, service, ambience and ocean views! AAA+. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location, good foodAndyDined on 9/7/2014The location is excellent, right on the beach. Outdoor dining here is great. Unfortunately the person i was with didnt want to eat outside as it was a hot day. Insider, there is absolutely NO VIEW! So the dining experience is very different outside vs. inside. The food is good and the service was excellent. The price is about what you would expect to pay for an upscale brunch. I will definitely go back only if I can eat outside......Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2014Great mohitos at the bar while we waited for our table. Parking was difficult but this was attributed to a holiday weekend. Valet was not available by 6:30 p.m. Bartenders were great! Sat outside, close to walk way with perfect view of the surf. Great breeze! Food did not disappoint - sushi was great and the Pastachio Mahi was fabulous! Will definitely dine again! Service was good too, which was impressive since the restaurant was at capacity on a holiday weekend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible waiterChuckDined on 8/30/2014Food was great but how many times do you have to tell your waiter that you are not ready to order while we are still having cocktails and apps. frank made our first time at Oceans very uncomfortable. After he asked is for the 5th time I finally told him to stop. When we did order the Grouper special was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstandig service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Great atmonphere and service. The manager Amanda welcomed us with a nice smile. We definitely will come back.Special Features:
- Happy BirthdaybirthdaygirlDined on 8/30/2014I had a wonderful birthday dinner, the food was the best, our server was attentive. The view was awesome, my only problem was the next table was smoking cigars we had to move inside could not take the smell with this wonderful meal.Special Features:
- The food wasn't that good.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014My husband ordered the Black Seabass and it was ok... need flavor.. I order the Ribeye steak it was a lot of fat.. I was expecting more than a piece of fat with a little of meat. The service was horrible, the girl never come to the table for nothing, she didn't ask how was the food .. nothing..Special Features:
- Oceans on a match date. :-)OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014The staff was overwhelmingly cooperative. The food was hot when served. We were nut rushed and allowed to take our time.Special Features:
- best place on the beachstesunDined on 8/29/20142nd time back and it was better than the first visit. Crab cake blt is my favorite now soon to be replaced by my next choice. Sit outside on the far left to hear live music from the next bar over or sit far right to just hear the ocean waves.Special Features:
- DeliciousBillDined on 8/28/2014This was a great experience. The food was great and the view was beautiful. Make sure to sit outside. So great for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable !Insgal13Dined on 8/28/2014Food was excellent but drink prices were obscene ! A normal seeing of mojito at a ridiculous price of $12! It wasn't any more enjoyable than the mojito at a local bar so why the high price? With 8 people, the bar Bill was higher than our food bill......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointeddisappointedDined on 8/23/2014We ate there on a late night 2 years ago on my first date with my now Wife we were very disappointed as we celebrated our anniversary At the restaurant. We made a reservation got right in and had a beautiful ocean front view table the rest was very disappointing, food selection was poor, quantity of hors d'oeuvres versus price. and then the final disappointment The food was terrible. the martinis We're average price and we expect it. a great place for drinks I wouldn't recommend eating here.Special Features:
- Great food & Location (2 issues)OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014To start with the positive, our waitress was very helpful and our entrees were delicious, especially the corn& shrimp crusted snapper.We were seated outside and had a great water view. Issues: Two of the three of us were seated immediately, but the third person in our party did not show up for 20 minutes.....a problem with limited valet parking assistance. After dinner, it took another 20 minutes for him to retrieve our car. Parking is definitely a problem on a busy night. . Also we were seated outside near the bar and at times, had trouble hearing each other. We have been here for Brunch and it is, of course, much quieter. We will return, but will choose our day and time with care.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun placehockeyb11Dined on 8/22/2014Great place! Went with a party of 7 and had a great evening. Food and service were excellent. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful waitressfooddeeDined on 8/22/2014Wonderful waitress named Julie who made my dining experience unforgettable. The food was superb and the view magnificent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Quick service great food got great table with great view:) a little loud but not too bad.. Will definitely be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nicekrw57Dined on 8/8/2014We've been here quite a few times and have not been disappointed yet. That's rare for most restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.