234 North Ocean Blvd.
Deerfield Beach, FL 33441Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oceans234.com/
- Phone: (954) 428-2539
- Hours of Operation:
MONDAY-THURSDAY: 11:30 AM- 10:00 PM
FRIDAY AND SATURDAY: 11:30AM -11:00 PM
SUNDAY 11:00 AM- 10:00 PM
Brunch 11:00 Am- 2:00 PM SUNDAYS ONLY
BAR HOURS SUBJECT TO CHANGE-Please Call For More Details.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Victor Franco
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Relax in our comfortable setting and savor Chef Johnny’s inspired cuisine. The sights, aromas and tastes will awaken your senses with an unparalleled dining experience. OCEANS 234 has earned a reputation that goes well beyond its breathtaking setting...
- Private Party Contact: Kristin Pease 9544282539x2
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment Friday and Saturday evenings.
Entertainment beachside, Sunday afternoon.
Wild Wild West Country Night, Sunday evenings.
- Special Events: Your special occasion set with the most beautiful Oceanfront view in South Florida! Our Special Events Manager, Kristin Pease, will cater to your every need.
A word from Oceans 234
Relax in our comfortable setting and savor Chef Victor's inspired cuisine. The sights, aromas and tastes of OCEANS will awaken your senses with an unparalleled dining experience. OCEANS has earned a reputation that goes well beyond its breathtaking setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Oceans 234 - Best Restaurants in Deerfield Beach ›
Oceans 234 reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (78)scenic view (73)special occasion (34)good for groups (31)hot spot (30)fit for foodies (28)great for lunch (27)neighborhood gem (27)vibrant bar scene (25)romantic (25)great for brunch (15)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (10)notable wine list (7)Show More
- Food was good, not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/24/2010Food was good, not great. Calamari appetizer was fair, to much mustard taste. Entrees were good, snapper and mahi. Both prepared well and cooked right. Drinks were done properly. Overall, good food, about 20% to much. Skip the appetizer and drinks and then it is worth it. Great views of the beach.
- outstanding experience!! meOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/23/2010outstanding experience!! me and my girlfriend of 2 years felt like it was our first date all over again. great view amazing food.Special Features:
- unfortunately, two out ofJmsbocaVIPDined on 4/19/2010unfortunately, two out of five dinners had to be returned for being overcooked and then undercooked...we were not charged for the dinners which came out fine the second and third time. actually, better than fine. they were delicious. one of the other meals was served incorrectly, which was rectified immedialtely.Special Features:
- Weather played a role as itNewinRaleighDined on 4/18/2010Weather played a role as it was a stormy evening, so the expectations of a seaside experience evaporated. To compound the dreariness, the waitress didn't bother to give us all of the evening's specials and the food was mediocre, at best. I ordered "crispy fried calamari" that was anything but. And the sea trout was plain bland. I may try it again for the brunch, which friends tell me is worthwhile, but not again for dinner. My wife enjoyed the poached pear salad and she ordered ribs (not a lover of things from the ocean), which were "okay."
- Music came from both sides.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/11/2010Music came from both sides. Loud and different music. Annoying
- The food was wonderful andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/10/2010The food was wonderful and the waiter and staff were very attentive. The only negative was the the bar was very loud and we were seated nearby. Next time we would request a table at the opposite end.Special Features:
- Our experience at this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/10/2010Our experience at this restaurant was fair.The service was very good and the server was quite attendant.The food, however, was fair.The outside space is very noisy.We will not return.
- When we saw that "Happy HourOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/9/2010When we saw that "Happy Hour extended to 10pm"sign at the front door, we should have walked out. The indoor outdoor loud bar with loud canned music overflowed into the dining area. And then the same overly happy Happy Hour crowd was seated all around us, to the point it was impossible to speak to my partner at dinner or hear the gently lapping ocean waves just yards away. Our waiter tried his best to get us our 2nd drink before dinner but the bartenders were so over extended that the second round arrived with our entrees and barely 5 minutes after our table hors'doerve was served. Then he informed me that he "would have to eat the cocktail" if I did not take it. Although my fish entree was excellent, I could no longer enjoy it.Special Features:
- We went to Oceans on EasterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/4/2010We went to Oceans on Easter afternoon (5:30). They have a new menu which is reasonably priced but not so tasty. They need a better wine list and the mojitos were watery. Service was so so. Great location and great view. They should consider limiting valet parking to restaurant patrons bc the parkingSpecial Features:
- We were very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/4/2010We were very disappointed to find out that the Sunday/Easter Brunch was a breakfast menu & not an actual brunch. We had been there the previous year for the Easter Brunch & it was fabulous. For the money that it cost this time around, we would have been better off at the Casino buffet or the Holiday Inn on the beach buffet.Special Features:
- we went to Easter sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/4/2010we went to Easter sunday brunch and both the food and service were terrible. I don't know what their normal brunch is like, but they really botched this one. View was of course magnificent though.
- The actual dining experiencebarbaraDined on 4/4/2010The actual dining experience was great. Of course it was a busy spot because of Easter, but our overall experience was such that we would go again, even though I was served the wrong entree. The view was spectacular and our server was exceptional although he did not return once our food was served (by another employee) to see if everything was ok. In order to eat with my family, I just ate what was brought by mistake.Special Features:
- We had an 8 pm reservation,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/3/2010We had an 8 pm reservation, and arrived at 7:45, we weren't seated for at least an hour after we arrived. The food was good, we will definitely go back, but hope not to wait an hour again with a reservation.Special Features:
- Great restaurant for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/3/2010Great restaurant for lunch or dinner on the weekend. The place to be seen on the ocean in Deerfield Beach.Special Features:
- The food was wonderful. OurMarilynDined on 4/3/2010The food was wonderful. Our praises to the chef. We all had seafood and it was cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- We were there this past SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/2/2010We were there this past Saturday for my Grandfather's 95th birthday. We arranged to have the private room in the back. The room was beautiful. The service was impeccable - Sean our waiter was amazing. The restaurant lived up and exceeded our expectation's for our grandfather's party. Thank you so much.Special Features:
- although we've eaten thereJmsbocaVIPDined on 3/27/2010although we've eaten there many, many times before...saturday night was not the experience i was hoping for. we had out-of-towners with us and wanted the usual great service and excellent food. on saturday, even though our waiter was extrememly pleasant, he was not able to keep up with our service needs. he forgot to bring ice, water, and ordered beverages throughout our dinner. the food was cold (but we were eating outside and it was windy) and we had to send an apppetizer back for being undercooked. they did send another immediately.Special Features:
- Good food, good service, goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/27/2010Good food, good service, good view -- what's not to like? Party of 6 with parents, a friend, grandparent, two college students (one a vegetarian) and we all had a great time. (A few more veggie selections would be nice.)
- WEB SITE DOES NOT SHOW HOURSOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/27/2010WEB SITE DOES NOT SHOW HOURS OPENED MAPQUEST IS WRONG. SHOWS IT SOUTH OF HILLSBORO. IS NORTH. I GOT CAUGHT IN THE NORTHBOUND TRAFFIC ON A1A AT HIGHSBORO BRIDGE BECASUE I WENT SOUTH.Special Features:
- The food was excellent. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/24/2010The food was excellent. The service was excellent both at the table and in the bar. My only concern was that it was a little on the expensive side.Special Features:
- I am sorry to report thatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/24/2010I am sorry to report that our experience unfortunately was a bad one; too bad it was on our anniversary - from the time we parked with the valet, to the hostess, then waiter to the food, it was a disappointment - will not be returning any time soon - sorry!Special Features:
- Food was over-priced and lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/19/2010Food was over-priced and lacking in flavor. I don't like spicy food, but my fish and chips was completely bland - had to add lots of salt.Special Features:
- Oceans 234 is a fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/13/2010Oceans 234 is a fantastic restaurant. The food was as always fantastic. The ocean views are stunning. The service is 5 stars. The restaurant recently added a SUSHI BAR! I couldn’t have been happier with my experience with OpenTable.com. I ordered flowers from the link provided in the reservation. Added special notes and the arraignment was on the table when we walked up. Our 2nd wedding anniversary was perfect.Special Features:
- The ambience was great asOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/12/2010The ambience was great as well as the choice of seating. Good idea to make a reservation as by the time we finished dinner it was packed. Our waiter was great.Special Features:
- I enjoyed brunch by the ocean;LisaVIPDined on 3/7/2010I enjoyed brunch by the ocean; food and service were excellent.Special Features:
- We had sunday brunch to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/7/2010We had sunday brunch to celebrate our anniversary. Beautiful March morning. great service topped off with some nice mimosas.Special Features:
- Four of us went there forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/5/2010Four of us went there for dinner and each had a terrific meal. Good value too.Special Features:
- Lunch was great, service somewhatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/27/2010Lunch was great, service somewhat slow - not that big a deal; except maybe $12 bucks for a Sangria was a bit much.Special Features:
- We were looking forward toOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/24/2010We were looking forward to our anniversary dinner with another couple. We were seated outside and it was lovely. Then the music started, from 2 places: Oceans playing one soundtrack and the place next door another. We were in the middle and it was terrible. We moved inside where we could only hear one track. We had eaten calamari appetizer outside. It was tough. The main courses were tasty, tho the clams with liguini could have had more garlic. The waiter had to be reminded to bring us bread and a bowl for clam shells. He also took about 10 minutes to bring a glass of wine during dinner. Luckily we were with good company and laughed a lot and vowed not to return.Special Features:
- The food was over-cooked andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/21/2010The food was over-cooked and cold. The noise was extreme. Service was OK, not great. Complimentary Mimosas were al,ost all orange juice.Special Features:
- A great location overlookingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/20/2010A great location overlooking the pier. The menu is quite good but the service is very lax.Special Features:
- good food, not worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2010good food, not worth the price though unfortunately. The bread that they give you is cheap. Ceasar salad was not very good.Special Features:
- The waiter was amazing, theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2010The waiter was amazing, the filet came to the table slightly undercooked..no big deal at all. when we resent it to get done a bit more, the manager took it off our check. Wasnt expecting that at all.. amazing place.Special Features:
- Went there for Valentine'sIraBfromCSGVIPDined on 2/14/2010Went there for Valentine's Day and had a great time. Seafood was fresh and tasty. On a cool breezy winter night, they put down the wind barriers and had plenty of heat devices making the setting completely comfortable. The view as always is a beautiful beach setting. The solo musician made the night truly special.Special Features:
- The Restaurant should of honoredOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2010The Restaurant should of honored the reservations that we made. we had to wait 20 minutes for a table and they where sitting people who where there after us. There are alot of places to eat in the area that are better than oceans.
- The fact that we used OpenbarbaraDined on 2/14/2010The fact that we used Open Table did not seem to make a difference. We arrived and still had to wait one half hour. I might add that there were many tables empty as we walked through to walk on the boardwalk. Seems to be there was not enough service provided to be able to turn the tables.Special Features:
- Good experience!Have beenwurdzsmithDined on 2/14/2010Good experience!Have been there three times and haven't been disappointed.Special Features:
- Too noisy, but that improvedsmyoreVIPDined on 1/29/2010Too noisy, but that improved when a private party finished. Would go back, but not in a hurry to do so.Special Features:
- Found it by accident and remainsOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/29/2010Found it by accident and remains one of our favorite spots in South Florida.Special Features:
- This is a great outdoor restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/29/2010This is a great outdoor restaurant. DO NOT GO THERE IF YOU ONLY HAVE AN HOUR. Service getting food takes a while Too longSpecial Features: