2-27 Saddle River Road
Fair Lawn, NJ 07410Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oceanosrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2017960546x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00am; Sunday: 1:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Panagiotis Panteleakis
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We have facilities that can accommodate large parties up to 100 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Barbara 2017960546x
- Special Events: Special Occasions - Corporate Functions - Meetings
A word from Oceanos Restaurant
The philosophy at Oceanos Restaurant is based on always finding the best the world has to offer. From Oysters & Whole Fish to Prime Meats, we pride ourselves on superior quality. Our master chefs artistically create dishes which bring out the true Mediterranean appeal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Oceanos Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Fairlawn ›
Oceanos Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (69)fit for foodies (50)romantic (50)neighborhood gem (46)great for outdoor dining (38)good for groups (22)notable wine list (19)great for lunch (11)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Simply OutstandingEaterDined on 8/27/2014We took my mother here for her 91st birthday and had a terrific meal and great service! All ate the pink snapper special with risotto and asparagus. Very fresh. The desserts were fantastic. Will recommend this restaurant to everyone I know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousFood4GuttDined on 8/26/2014Went to dinner wig friends at a spot midpoint where we both live. (1hour commute for each of us) Reviews were great, so we decided on this restaurant. It definitely lived up to the reviews. Great meal. Everyone loved their dishes.Special Features:
- Good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Good food but slightly overpriced! Outdoor dining was very nice with ambience lighting. Wait staff was very attentive to your needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2014Just perfect! The food was excellent and the service was just great. As always, the grilled octopus was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LobsterLoverDined on 8/16/2014Wonderful food, wonderful service - love this placeSpecial Features:
- Good, butJoyfulfoodieDined on 8/11/2014It was our first time at Oceanos for my husband's birthday. For us, it's a special occasion-type restaurant because of the price factor. I was impressed that having made the reservation using Open Table, where I indicated it was my husband's birthday, they served a little dessert with a candle with our coffee--nice. The food was heavenly but because they had a large party in the other room, we had to wait a VERY long time for our entre. They shoukd have put on more staff to avoid that. Despite that, we would go back if another special occasion arises.Special Features:
- Terrifc, as UsualMikeDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I are never disappointed. Prices are high, but so is the quality of the food and service. If you're looking for a top notch neighborhood restaurant and can afford to spend a little more, Oceanos is the place for you.Special Features:
- Could be Much BetterRestauranteurDined on 8/3/2014The outside of the restaurant is not as well maintained as the interior which is very elegant, seating, menus and cocktails all good. I asked if the waitress knew if the Alaskan King Crab Legs on the menu were of the RED Species, this is not a question re: the color of the legs but rather a specific species of King crab, the most desired and most costly , since the menu price was $54.00 I thought they could be and the waitress was told by the kitchen that they were red king crab, but they weren't, so either they intentionally deceived us or have no idea what red king crab is, either one, NG, I ordered sauted soft shell crabs, but they were smothered in butter, mind you I love butter, but this was just way too much spoiled the dish.Special Features:
- Well DoneHobokenmofoVIPDined on 8/2/2014The food is delicious and the atmosphere is really nice and classy. The service was excellent and the waiter I had was very knowledgeable with the food / specials but also with the wine list. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014always the best seafood. super duper service. cannot go wrong here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MetsDined on 7/31/2014Very disappointed. Portions were small for the price. Waiter do not ask if all was ok-not even once. Got stuck seated by bar when all other diners were seated in main dining room and restaurant was not crowded. Would not recommend and will not return. I entered energetic for noise level as there was no notation for too loud.
- Always a starNJTomVIPDined on 7/28/2014Grilled octopus appetizer is always tender & tasty. Had the special Halibut - wowSpecial Features:
- EXCELLENT | EXCELLENT | EXCELLENTgonefishingDined on 7/27/2014I came with with my family for a birthday dinner and it was excellent. We sat outside in the patio and enjoyed soft music and the sound of their outdoor waterfall and pond. It was so relaxing. We had a 4 hour feast! We ate 4 Oceanos Samplers which where so good, and then jumped into octopus, Greek Salad, grilled calamari, and a whole bunch of other appetizers which were awesome. I had the surf and turf which was gigantic and the lobster tail was amazing, so sweet. My brothers both had the rib-eye steaks, and my wife had the Fagri which was topped with crabmeat. Obviously, we had to wash all this good stuff with some great wine, Farniente Cabernet. Then they treated us to birthday dessert and we rolled out. Thank you Oceanos!!!!Special Features:
- Nice B-day dinnerbeejayareDined on 7/26/2014My husband took me here for my birthday because I love seafood. When asked if we wanted to sit inside or out, I said inside because it is on a street where I thought the environment would be unattractive. But as we went to a table indoors, I looked out the window and immediately changed my mind! They have created the cutest little al fresco dining space. It is closed off from the street and very comfortable. The service throughout was superb. The food was soooo good. I ordered the scallops and they were done perfectly. The only reason I only gave four stars overall was in case you have a spouse like mine who expects leftover-sized portions. You might get a grumble or two, even though I would call the portions perfectly normal. : )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looks great, tastes mehOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014If I was to eat only with my eyes I'd be very happy with the appetizer, main course, and dessert, but my tastebuds were also involved in the process and the flavors just weren't there. Not worth the cost...Special Features:
- ReviewerVIPDined on 7/25/2014Excellent seafood and service. Nice outdoor dining area. Unfortunately they recently increased all their prices significantly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- upscale sea food housefoodtravlerDined on 7/24/2014From top to bottom, first class. Good service, great food and comfortable ambiance. We shared oysters Rockefeller appetizer, classic Greek salad, which was served slightly chilled which brought out the freshness of the organic greens and herbs. My wife had swordfish and I had Chillean sea bass, both were light and delicate, cooked to perfection and served with fresh and crisp vegetables. Roasted potato for her, rice pilaf for me (rich and creamy). Dessert was EKMEK, toasted coconut and custard specialty of the house, delicious. Great place for a special occasion, prices were a bit higher then usual, but at the end of this meal, I was happy to have visited this fine restaurant, and will be back.Special Features:
- summer enchantmentalanDined on 7/20/2014Outside patio with a cool breeze, delicious and fresh dozen oysters, fresh fresh seafood, a wonderful french white, with lighter-than-air tiramisu for dessert! An evening of perfection with our wonderful waiter Milton to boot! Thanks, AlanSpecial Features:
- Always a good choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014Been here 5 or 6 times over the last few years and every experience has been great. Busy or slow, early or late, each time the service has been gracious and professional, and this last visit was no exception. Everywhere we've been seated, inside and out has been comfortable and felt like a "good table." The food has always been great. Great selections, everything cooked and presented very well, delicious and filling... With great wine to match... I have never left without feeling like I just made the right choice. You can't go wrong here.Special Features:
- What A Find!GeriDined on 7/18/2014This was our first time dining at this restauarant. We were actually given a wedding gift certificate to dine here by foodie cousins. The service, ambiance combined with food prepared and presented to perfection was simply wonderful. We had Copper River Salmon and Scallops; both dishes didn't disappoint. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2014The food, the ambience and the service are impeccable. I love their cocktail menu and their bar area while waiting to be seated. (Though I've never waited long for a table that's been reserved) Their apps, main menu and desserts are delicious- My only problem is trying to choose what to have - everything's fresh & delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeTheBigOneDined on 7/12/2014Staff was very professional, excellent food. Hidden oasis for you and you partner to eat and relax. It's a bit pricey but all worth the trip and timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for an AnniversaryBunnyDined on 7/12/2014Mentioned it was our anniversary, and from the moment we sat down, the night was very special. I would recommend this place for any occasion !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a disappointment!!!!JerseyGirl07407Dined on 7/12/2014The service is outstanding, only to be outdone by the food itself. Have been there a few times, with family, friends and even on a date. Each time the food was wonderful, it can be a bit pricey, and that's why I suggest it for special occasions, because you do feel special while you are there. The service knows how to keep their customers happy, water glasses filled, dishes removed promptly, and they don't interrupt the conversation, you don't realize they have even been by, but if you need something, they are right there for you. Food, well go hungry, enjoy the appetizers, and the meal, but leave room for the desserts. This last visit, we had lobster, scallops & salmon, after sharing a zucchini & eggplant chips. Wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love!LoveFoodnjDined on 6/30/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday and I couldn't have been happier! The food and service were excellent. Best grilled octopus and scallops I have had in a long time. Actually, the best grilled octopus I have ever had! We sat in a nice quiet booth in the bar room and it was perfect for us to enjoy our meal. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!!!gonefishingDined on 6/29/2014This place is Awesome! I just moved to Jersey from NYC and this place rocks any NYC restaurant . Food: Fresh and Delicious! Service: Professional and on point. Cocktails: Delicious! My Wife had the Pomtini, and I had a Craft Beer from their huge list. I live down the street in Glen Rock, there is no reason to cook at home. I am coming here everyday! Finally a great restaurant !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapointedRonni2060Dined on 6/28/2014We decided to try Oceanos after eating many times at their sister restaurant Taverna Mykonos. What a disappointment. The appetizers were ok. The main dishes took awhile to get to us but we understood that the restaurant was busy. Three of the four of us ordered specials. The Copper River Sockeye Salmon was so dried out, I couldn't even eat it. For $39 for an entree I expect a seafood restaurant to serve perfectly cooked fish. The 2 other people who had specials, felt the same way. This place is way too expensive for mediocre food. We won't be going back.
- Waste of moneyFoodDined on 6/28/2014Went on a Saturday night, place was decently busy,nothing crazy. Sat at a table for 30 minutes before getting menu's, went 45 minutes without getting asked if I wanted a drink, 2 hours before main courses came out. Food was good but the terrible service ruined the night. For 30-50$ entrees' there are many better places in the area to enjoy with impeccable service and more to offer.Special Features:
- A perennial favoriteAlexVIPDined on 6/28/2014Oceanos has been a destination restaurant for me for years, and my most recent visit proved that it just keeps getting better. Impeccable service, friendly and warm without being overbearing, combined with outstanding seafood makes this spot worth every dollar. The martini list is fun, not too focused on snobbery, and a great way to start before sitting down to dinner. Outstanding dishes include the octopus appetizer (tender, flavorful, perfectly cooked) and the seafood linguine. That linguine platter is MASSIVE and that adjective applies to the expertly cooked seafood components (mussels, giant diver scallops, tender shrimp, toothsome clams) and the flavor imparted in the al dente pasta, coated in a tomato-based sauce.Special Features:
- Amazing Cuisine and ServiceFoodieDanVIPDined on 6/27/2014I Love this place. The food is so good and every time I come, I feel like it is an extraordinary experience. For a special event, this is definitely my go-to romantic dinner spot.Special Features:
- Great FindmikepDined on 6/27/2014Tried this restaurant out for the first time.. WOW the food was amazing..the staff is so friendly! APPS were great..the menu is really good and the specials were even better... Little pricey I have to say but totally worth it. Definetly can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/25/2014First time at this restaurant, came to celebrate a birthday, very pleased, food was great, would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jkeatsDined on 6/20/2014We were celebrating a special birthday and looking for a place nearby. We hadn't been there in a while and someone mentioned it so last minute tried to get a reservation online. Very easy to do and confirmation received right away. The food was very good and the service was excellent. It was perfect for the occasion and menu options were plentiful with a great choice of fresh fish. We had the halibut and the soft-shell crabs and enjoyed them thoroughly. Would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Never disappoints.RK1949VIPDined on 6/20/2014Went early to avoid noise level and sat outside. Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MiloVIPDined on 6/16/2014We had a wonderful time as usual! We always go to Oceano's for our special occasions. Our server was wonderful and the food was amazing.Special Features:
- Great seafood menu and quality foodGDubVIPDined on 6/16/2014Had great business lunch here with local clients. Found on Open Table, very nice decor and great food and service with Angela our waitperson. Will be back agin for sure next time I am in the region.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your tired holiday mealJPBlocalsDined on 6/15/2014We had a wonderful dinner on the patio for Father's Day. Delicious grilled octopus. Baked halibut with minted orzo. And superb cheesecake for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- finest fish anywhereHungryhVIPDined on 6/14/2014peter and crew do an outstanding job of making you feel welcome and providing the highest quality meal..always a treat!Special Features:
- Outstanding but PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014Great Restaurant but very pricey. Food and Service was Super but very pricey. Great to Impress or for very special occasion's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/11/2014We were immediately given 2 glasses of champagne to celebrate our anniversary. The waiter was very attentive and knew the menu very well. Their grilled octopus was amazing. The big downfall was some bad crabmeat on one of the fish specials. As soon as I took a bite I got an ammonia taste. They did everything right in correcting the problem, but it is hard to get past spoiled seafood in a seafood restaurant. I thought there may have been a special anniversary dessert or a small sweet that would come with the cappuccino we ordered, but there was not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.