2-27 Saddle River Road
Fair Lawn, NJ 07410Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oceanosrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2017960546x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00am; Sunday: 1:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Panagiotis Panteleakis
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We have facilities that can accommodate large parties up to 100 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Barbara 2017960546x
- Special Events: Special Occasions - Corporate Functions - Meetings
A word from Oceanos Restaurant
The philosophy at Oceanos Restaurant is based on always finding the best the world has to offer. From Oysters & Whole Fish to Prime Meats, we pride ourselves on superior quality. Our master chefs artistically create dishes which bring out the true Mediterranean appeal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Oceanos Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Fairlawn ›
Oceanos Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (65)fit for foodies (56)romantic (48)neighborhood gem (42)great for outdoor dining (37)good for groups (24)notable wine list (23)great for lunch (14)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (7)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Good, But Very PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/16/2014One of the best places in the area for fresh seafood. But very pricey. Especially annoying is when you ask for say aspargus as a side rather than their standard spinach side and are then told you must pay an additional 3$ for the upgrade. Sorry Oceanos, but at your prices vegetables better than mushy spinach should come standard. Please don't nickle and dime us.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday with my familyDrYJRDined on 10/5/2014My husband and I had the pleasure of dining this weekend at Oceano's. We had a great time. Service was excellent and food was absolutely delicious. Can't wait to go back, loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little expensive!BeverlyDined on 10/5/2014We dined at Oceanos with two of our friends. None of us had eaten there before but we have eaten at Mediterranean Seafood restaurants before. My husband ordered the fried zucchini and eggplant, tasty but a little soggy the accompanying dip was delicious, our friends ordered the calamari, she loved it, he hated it. I ordered the halibut with beet risotto, the skin on the halibut was not crisp but the halibut itself was good, my friend seemed to like the jumbo shrimp and my hubby was okay with the salmon. The desserts were much better, I enjoyed the apple dessert and my hubby had chocolate cake, both were delicious. I would go back but it is too expensive, there are other restaurants around that have just as good food and less expensive.Special Features:
- RecommendeastcoasterDined on 10/4/2014From greeting to leaving it was a very pleasant dining experience. Inspired menu, delectable desserts and attentive service. Extra points that they have someone wipe down the menus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeDined on 10/3/2014Great food and service. Best grilled octopus I've hadSpecial Features:
- Never disappoints!!XFM284Dined on 10/1/2014Peter and his team are expert at providing an exceptional dining experience. Lovely ambiance, attentive and knowledgeable servers, and impeccably fresh seafood are hallmarks of a dinner at Oceanos.Special Features:
- Fabulous SeafoodAXGT500Dined on 9/29/2014My wife and I decided to celebrate our wedding anniversary at Oceanos. We wanted to try something new since our regular spot was closed on Monday. I'm glad we did ! The food, service and ambiance were all excellent. We had the crab meat cocktail and calamari for appetizers. Both were very good although the calamari was a little chewy. For the main course, my wife had the chilean sea bass and I had the sockeye salmon special. Both dishes were superb. For dessert, we shared the apple truffle with vanilla ice cream. It was excellent. The staff and owners were friendly and welcoming. Our waiter was very helpful and made the night enjoyable.Special Features:
- GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/28/2014I was pleasantly surprised. The food was top class. The South African lobster tail was Divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In a word... wonderfulwmw322VIPDined on 9/26/2014Great wine selection. Greek salad huge and delicious.We had swordfish and salmon which were as good as any other high end restaurant. Service was impeccable. Water glasses always refilled. Nice atmosphere. Very welcoming and accommodating host. Baklava a bit too sweet for me but the cappuccino was a 10+. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/20/2014Excellent service and food that was just so enjoyable. It had been awhile since we were at Oceanos but we would go back again soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnerjhdinerDined on 9/20/2014Ordered the pink snapper with lump crab topping. Over sauced over spiced. Sauce was gloppy and tasted like thanksgiving stuffing. What a shame to ruin a beautiful piece of fish. Veggies we limp..over cooked and in the same sauce
- very good, but not greatLisaVIPDined on 9/20/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Oceanos. Been wanting to eat there since reading a very good review in the local paper. However, it did not quite live up to our expectations. The service was great. The atmosphere inside the restaurant was great. The food was good, not great. We had the zucchini & eggplant chips for appetizer, then steak, octopus, & swordfish for dinner. Batter was a bit heavy on the chips and they were so large that the centers got soggy. Swordfish was tasty, but not outstanding. Steak cut like butter, but the sides & sauce were not appealing. Octopus was a bit chewy, not delicate. The bread was OUTSTANDING!!!Special Features:
- Always a win at Oceanos3techDined on 9/19/2014Came here on a Friday evening with some friends that had not been here before. It was a really nice dinner, well paced, no hurries and the food and service was just great. Ours friends that had come for the first time are already asking when we're going back!Special Features:
- Food was very goodSgtpeperDined on 9/13/2014I had a great meal and the service was GREAT. I mean it was really fantastic. The only thing is that it is terribly expensive. I had a surf and turf dinner and it cost $72.00. The only other thing is, and this is being picky, it was very loud and the seating was very close. Too close to where people started bumping into each other as they were seated. I am certain I can find just as good a meal someplace else for a whole lot less.Special Features:
- Dover SoleDougDined on 9/12/2014This is one of the best seafood restaurants in the area and I have enjoyed dinning here many times in the past one of the most impressive things is the consistency of the food I have yet to have a disappointing meal. I must admit I always have the dover sole my favorite fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerLeopardchefDined on 9/11/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal & drinks. It was our 1st time & wanted to dine outside but the host stated the weather was unsure. It was a beautiful night to be outside. The weather passed. It was a pricey dinner for 4. My husband said it is a nice place for special occasions. I wish we could attend often but the prices need to be a little more affordable. Our servers were on top of their game. Dessert was absolutely incredible. Great drinks & wine list. Our son enjoyed his 26th Birthday dinner. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for lunch or dinnerMartysGirlDined on 9/2/2014Newly decorated. Nice daily specials. Food has been consistently good for both lunch and dinner. Staff is attentive to all needs. Desserts are a great treat. Pleased to say the Coffee is also very goodSpecial Features:
- Simply OutstandingEaterDined on 8/27/2014We took my mother here for her 91st birthday and had a terrific meal and great service! All ate the pink snapper special with risotto and asparagus. Very fresh. The desserts were fantastic. Will recommend this restaurant to everyone I know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousFood4GuttDined on 8/26/2014Went to dinner wig friends at a spot midpoint where we both live. (1hour commute for each of us) Reviews were great, so we decided on this restaurant. It definitely lived up to the reviews. Great meal. Everyone loved their dishes.Special Features:
- Good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Good food but slightly overpriced! Outdoor dining was very nice with ambience lighting. Wait staff was very attentive to your needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2014Just perfect! The food was excellent and the service was just great. As always, the grilled octopus was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LobsterLoverDined on 8/16/2014Wonderful food, wonderful service - love this placeSpecial Features:
- Good, butJoyfulfoodieDined on 8/11/2014It was our first time at Oceanos for my husband's birthday. For us, it's a special occasion-type restaurant because of the price factor. I was impressed that having made the reservation using Open Table, where I indicated it was my husband's birthday, they served a little dessert with a candle with our coffee--nice. The food was heavenly but because they had a large party in the other room, we had to wait a VERY long time for our entre. They shoukd have put on more staff to avoid that. Despite that, we would go back if another special occasion arises.Special Features:
- Terrifc, as UsualMikeDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I are never disappointed. Prices are high, but so is the quality of the food and service. If you're looking for a top notch neighborhood restaurant and can afford to spend a little more, Oceanos is the place for you.Special Features:
- Could be Much BetterRestauranteurDined on 8/3/2014The outside of the restaurant is not as well maintained as the interior which is very elegant, seating, menus and cocktails all good. I asked if the waitress knew if the Alaskan King Crab Legs on the menu were of the RED Species, this is not a question re: the color of the legs but rather a specific species of King crab, the most desired and most costly , since the menu price was $54.00 I thought they could be and the waitress was told by the kitchen that they were red king crab, but they weren't, so either they intentionally deceived us or have no idea what red king crab is, either one, NG, I ordered sauted soft shell crabs, but they were smothered in butter, mind you I love butter, but this was just way too much spoiled the dish.Special Features:
- Well DoneHobokenmofoVIPDined on 8/2/2014The food is delicious and the atmosphere is really nice and classy. The service was excellent and the waiter I had was very knowledgeable with the food / specials but also with the wine list. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014always the best seafood. super duper service. cannot go wrong here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MetsDined on 7/31/2014Very disappointed. Portions were small for the price. Waiter do not ask if all was ok-not even once. Got stuck seated by bar when all other diners were seated in main dining room and restaurant was not crowded. Would not recommend and will not return. I entered energetic for noise level as there was no notation for too loud.
- Always a starNJTomVIPDined on 7/28/2014Grilled octopus appetizer is always tender & tasty. Had the special Halibut - wowSpecial Features:
- EXCELLENT | EXCELLENT | EXCELLENTgonefishingDined on 7/27/2014I came with with my family for a birthday dinner and it was excellent. We sat outside in the patio and enjoyed soft music and the sound of their outdoor waterfall and pond. It was so relaxing. We had a 4 hour feast! We ate 4 Oceanos Samplers which where so good, and then jumped into octopus, Greek Salad, grilled calamari, and a whole bunch of other appetizers which were awesome. I had the surf and turf which was gigantic and the lobster tail was amazing, so sweet. My brothers both had the rib-eye steaks, and my wife had the Fagri which was topped with crabmeat. Obviously, we had to wash all this good stuff with some great wine, Farniente Cabernet. Then they treated us to birthday dessert and we rolled out. Thank you Oceanos!!!!Special Features:
- Nice B-day dinnerbeejayareDined on 7/26/2014My husband took me here for my birthday because I love seafood. When asked if we wanted to sit inside or out, I said inside because it is on a street where I thought the environment would be unattractive. But as we went to a table indoors, I looked out the window and immediately changed my mind! They have created the cutest little al fresco dining space. It is closed off from the street and very comfortable. The service throughout was superb. The food was soooo good. I ordered the scallops and they were done perfectly. The only reason I only gave four stars overall was in case you have a spouse like mine who expects leftover-sized portions. You might get a grumble or two, even though I would call the portions perfectly normal. : )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looks great, tastes mehOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014If I was to eat only with my eyes I'd be very happy with the appetizer, main course, and dessert, but my tastebuds were also involved in the process and the flavors just weren't there. Not worth the cost...Special Features:
- ReviewerVIPDined on 7/25/2014Excellent seafood and service. Nice outdoor dining area. Unfortunately they recently increased all their prices significantly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- upscale sea food housefoodtravlerDined on 7/24/2014From top to bottom, first class. Good service, great food and comfortable ambiance. We shared oysters Rockefeller appetizer, classic Greek salad, which was served slightly chilled which brought out the freshness of the organic greens and herbs. My wife had swordfish and I had Chillean sea bass, both were light and delicate, cooked to perfection and served with fresh and crisp vegetables. Roasted potato for her, rice pilaf for me (rich and creamy). Dessert was EKMEK, toasted coconut and custard specialty of the house, delicious. Great place for a special occasion, prices were a bit higher then usual, but at the end of this meal, I was happy to have visited this fine restaurant, and will be back.Special Features:
- summer enchantmentalanDined on 7/20/2014Outside patio with a cool breeze, delicious and fresh dozen oysters, fresh fresh seafood, a wonderful french white, with lighter-than-air tiramisu for dessert! An evening of perfection with our wonderful waiter Milton to boot! Thanks, AlanSpecial Features:
- Always a good choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014Been here 5 or 6 times over the last few years and every experience has been great. Busy or slow, early or late, each time the service has been gracious and professional, and this last visit was no exception. Everywhere we've been seated, inside and out has been comfortable and felt like a "good table." The food has always been great. Great selections, everything cooked and presented very well, delicious and filling... With great wine to match... I have never left without feeling like I just made the right choice. You can't go wrong here.Special Features:
- What A Find!GeriDined on 7/18/2014This was our first time dining at this restauarant. We were actually given a wedding gift certificate to dine here by foodie cousins. The service, ambiance combined with food prepared and presented to perfection was simply wonderful. We had Copper River Salmon and Scallops; both dishes didn't disappoint. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeHudsonboaterDined on 7/16/2014The food, the ambience and the service are impeccable. I love their cocktail menu and their bar area while waiting to be seated. (Though I've never waited long for a table that's been reserved) Their apps, main menu and desserts are delicious- My only problem is trying to choose what to have - everything's fresh & delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeTheBigOneDined on 7/12/2014Staff was very professional, excellent food. Hidden oasis for you and you partner to eat and relax. It's a bit pricey but all worth the trip and timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for an AnniversaryBunnyDined on 7/12/2014Mentioned it was our anniversary, and from the moment we sat down, the night was very special. I would recommend this place for any occasion !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.