2-27 Saddle River Road
Fair Lawn, NJ 07410Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oceanosrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (201) 796-0546
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00am; Sunday: 1:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Panagiotis Panteleakis
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We have facilities that can accommodate large parties up to 100 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Barbara 2017960546x
- Special Events: Special Occasions - Corporate Functions - Meetings
A word from Oceanos Restaurant
The philosophy at Oceanos Restaurant is based on always finding the best the world has to offer. From Oysters & Whole Fish to Prime Meats, we pride ourselves on superior quality. Our master chefs artistically create dishes which bring out the true Mediterranean appeal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Oceanos Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Fairlawn ›
Oceanos Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (61)fit for foodies (57)neighborhood gem (41)romantic (35)good for groups (29)notable wine list (23)great for outdoor dining (18)great for lunch (13)hot spot (12)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Great dinnerBergenCountryDinerDined on 5/10/2014Apps, entrees and dessert were all delicious. We would go back again.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysCrafty2121Dined on 5/10/2014Our go to for special occasions! Our food was delicious and service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsCaptMikeDined on 5/9/2014One of our favorite spots for a special occasion to linger over dinner and catch up.Special Features:
- Amazing ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2014We have been to Oceanos before and had a delicious meal. This time the food was again delicious, but our server was outstanding. We had some food allergies that we needed to address and he put our mind at ease. He was extremely understanding and just fantastic. I would highly recommend it to everyone!Special Features:
- good to splurgeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014The food at this place surpassed my expectaions. But i think the food was over priced for the presesentation that i was given.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/25/2014My wife and I enjoyed our recent dinner at Oceanos Restaurant in Fair Lawn, NJ. The food was fantastic, fresh, and the service was friendly.Special Features:
- LaLuchDined on 4/23/2014Food is great! Service superb! I definitely recommend dining at Oceanos to friends & colleagues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperFoodieVIPDined on 4/22/2014We have always been delighted with everything. Our reserved table is always ready, food is excellent and so are the martins. The oysters were terrific and the main course combinations are interesting and tasty. We are never rushed out. The grilled octopus is sublime.Special Features:
- OutstandingWALLYVIPDined on 4/20/2014We have been going to Oceanos for years and have never been disappointed. We recently took our son and his wife and 2 children (13 and 11) there for Easter Sunday dinner at 4:00. Oceanos is known for it's wonderful fresh fish but our son isn't a big fan of fish so he had steak. We were all pleasantly surprised with the size and the tenderness and flavor. We have always eaten fish when we went there in the past but will be trying the steak in the future. As usual the entire staff is efficient, friendly and right there when you need anything. Our grandchildren said it's now their new "favorite" place and that says a lot coming from them as they can be picky.Special Features:
- Never disappointsMimiDined on 4/20/2014Oceanos is our go-to place for special occasions. We bring family and friends as well. My brother comes all the way from Long Island for the fried calamari with Thai sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints.Notcooking2niteDined on 4/20/2014Love this place. Ambiance is clean, charming and warm, food is good to great and waitstaff incredibly personable and attentive. Have been here for special occasions or for a weekend dinner out and am always pleased. Enjoyed the Greek tradition of breaking the red eggs on Easter!Special Features:
- Great SeafoodluvcfoodDined on 4/19/2014Pay attention to their specials. My favorite is the line-up of grilled whole fishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't order the lobsterSeanVIPDined on 4/15/2014Except for the spoiled lobster it was great. They were nice about it. .I would recommend this to a friend.
- cinsistently excelsKaterinaDined on 4/10/2014Always ptepared..plated and served wonderfully. Expect only the freshest seafood...great wine list...tasty Greek appetizers...the best raw shellfish. Whoever we bring they always return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/9/2014The quality of food was excellent. I ordered Greek salad which was very fresh. My client ordered clam chowder. I ordered the herbed salmon dish and my client ordered another seafood. They are also well prepared. The portion size is not large, but it was good that I did not have to take the left over home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Home away from homeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/6/2014We have never had a bad meal at Oceano's. The food and service are excellent. It is a little on the pricy side, but always worth it. It's not just about good food or I could stay home. It is our favorite restaurant!Special Features:
- Enchanting, RomanticAK123Dined on 4/5/2014WE enjoyed our experience, the server had excellent recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth going visiting for seafoodpowderpuffVIPDined on 4/5/2014cozy, warm and inviting atmosphere yet with a clean and crisp modern and new york ish. located minutes from route 4 w, but not out of the way. service was good, food was very good yet I thought the main meat/fish I thought was a little bit small. All of the food was flavored to perfection(not overloaded with salt; bravo) I will definitely go back ; very good indeedSpecial Features:
- A delightful getawayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/4/2014Through the years Oceanos remains outstanding - I can always depend upon professional service, consistently excellent food Always my first choice environment for business meetings at lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceJJGGDined on 3/29/2014I've passed this restaurant numerous times and heard it was quite good. We were not disappointed and will surely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent and theMonipoohDined on 3/29/2014Food was excellent and the service outstanding... The raw seafood sampler was awesome. Great place. Will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinnerSueVDined on 3/29/2014Four of us had dinner at Oceanos on Saturday night and walked out feeling very satisfied. The staff was extremely professional and welcoming. You could tell this was a place that had many regulars yet we were not treated differently. Our food was delicious. We tried the sea bass, seared tuna ( 2 people had this) and the filet mignon. There were no complaints. We tried the apple truffle and ekmek for dessert. The apple truffle came out warm and paired with the vanilla ice cream it was a winner. The ekmek was another good choice, smooth custard over delicate filo. The prices are on the high end especially for a neighborhood restaurant in Fair Lawn and not NYC but overall, you get you get what you pay for. We left there with no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious mealJannieDined on 3/29/2014As always, Oceanos serves up delicious, fresh food. The salads were ample and very fresh. Our group had 4 different fish entrees, and each were delicious. This is one of our favorite restaurants.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal and servicejennyjennyDined on 3/29/20147 of us had girls' night dinner at Oceanos on a recent Saturday night. Our server was great--one friend has many food allergies, and he went out of his way to accommodate her and answer her many questions about the menu. Food was consistently good--appetizers were tasty and in reasonable portions for sharing, salads were fresh and generously sized, steaks were perfectly cooked (though the accompanying fries were bland and a bit soggy, though still tasty), fish was fresh, well-cooked and nicely presented. Some desserts (Vesuvius and apple crisp!) were excellent, others were ok, but just ok. Noise level was "energetic", but we expected that on a busy Saturday night. Overall, it was a great meal and will definitely be in our rotation.Special Features:
- Dynamic atmosphereRulesdocVIPDined on 3/21/2014The restaurant was hopping with patrons who were enthusiastic and well treated. Service was excellent in a packed restaurant. Easy to talk however. Food was quality. Expensive but gave a nice respit from the winter blahs. Spring had come and Oceanos did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yumo OceanosKayTVIPDined on 3/16/2014The service is always good, the seafood is always fresh and cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedLizzie71VIPDined on 3/16/2014I have been coming to Oceano's for several years and I am never disappointed. This place is appropriate for intimate dinners as well as group dining. The owner is always there, service is very good and the food is consistently amazing. I came here on a Sunday night with a group of friends and it was another fantastic experience. Everything from the grilled octopus to the Chilean sea bass along with several desserts including Ekmek were all superb. Great restaurant for any occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seafood heavendennyDined on 3/15/2014we have visited oceanos several times. each time is better than the lastSpecial Features:
- excellent!stefDined on 3/14/2014My husband and I had a delicious dinner during our first visit to Oceanos! The crab cakes and snapper were fantastic, as were the oysters Rockefeller. Our absolute favorite dish was the appetizer special - tuna tartare over avocado. I had three delicious martinis, too - pear, chocolate, and the Oceanos Martini - loved each one more than the next! The desserts were only ok. We had tartufo, which was good as expected, and the tiramisu, which was a bit overwhelmed by a huge amount of thick whipped cream. Our server was very attentive and professional. We would definitely go back!Special Features:
- The food is a little priceyNormTeriDined on 3/8/2014The food is a little pricey but extremely good. The place was pretty crowded & we were seated quite close to the door. It was uncomfortable, so I asked if I could get my jacket back from the coatcheck. The other host immediately found us a better table, without a fuss. The staff is very friendly and accommodating (although our original waitress was much more attentive than the waiter we ended up with). I highly recommend this restaurant. Dress ranged from sneakers and jeans to suits.Special Features:
- We love to eat at Oceanos.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014We love to eat at Oceanos. We go there for special occasions or just when we want a night out together. The fish is always good the beet salad is excellent and the drinks are even better. The waiters are very attentive. We have been going here for years either alone or with friends. We can't say enough of good things about Oceanos. They even have a fun New year's Eve!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood aplentyFoodsrusVIPDined on 3/7/2014No negatives come to mind. Just great food, fantastic serviceSpecial Features:
- Review2013-03-01HockeyGeekDined on 3/1/2014Although the food was outstanding and the service very good, I was disappointed in the overall noise in the restaurant. It was very difficult to hear a person sitting on the opposite side of the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- flawlessOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/24/2014Warm and attentive service, very comfortable ambiance and delicious food, especially the whole branzino and their specials. What more could you want from a night out?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for a small groupOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2014love this restaurant, will go back again & again with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We eat at Oceanos, twice aLobsterLoverDined on 2/22/2014We eat at Oceanos, twice a year to celebrate our anniversary and for Valentine's Day. Always superb service. Always superb food.Special Features:
- Excellent Menu, wine list & servicesmile0071Dined on 2/22/2014Every time we go to Oceanos we have a memorable experience, starting with the greeting at the door. Great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So perfect !OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2014This was our first diner together as a married couple. Gina was a sweetheart, absolutely guided us in the right direction, presented the features to perfection! We started with the amazing grilled octopus some crab cocktail and tuna tartar. Our entrees were our Favorite king crab legs. The food was perfect and the presentations were beautiful! We loved every second of our evening especially our special dessert that I can't recall the name of but would definitely have again! We will definitely be back for the excellent food and Ginas wonderful service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthday experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/17/2014The food was superb minus the spinach dip which left us wanting. The oysters were amazing. Everyone enjoyed their entree. Our server john was excellent. Definitely a great place to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood jewel on the UWSDrDavidVIPDined on 2/16/2014Scallops, octopus, calamari, swim fish; whatever you like is delicious here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.