2-27 Saddle River Road
Fair Lawn, NJ 07410Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oceanosrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (201) 796-0546
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00am; Sunday: 1:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Panagiotis Panteleakis
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We have facilities that can accommodate large parties up to 100 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Barbara 2017960546x
- Special Events: Special Occasions - Corporate Functions - Meetings
A word from Oceanos Restaurant
The philosophy at Oceanos Restaurant is based on always finding the best the world has to offer. From Oysters & Whole Fish to Prime Meats, we pride ourselves on superior quality. Our master chefs artistically create dishes which bring out the true Mediterranean appeal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Oceanos Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Fairlawn ›
Oceanos Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (61)fit for foodies (57)neighborhood gem (41)romantic (35)good for groups (29)notable wine list (23)great for outdoor dining (18)great for lunch (13)hot spot (12)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Good food and service. A bit loud and darkLovetoeatDined on 11/22/2014From the appetizers to dessert, our meal was delicious. The risotto was a bit salty but otherwise, all else was good. Our dessert was the highlight but I do not remember what it was called. Nice crispy filo dough on top with a very light custard in the center. Will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My birthday dinner at OceanosDcazmanDined on 11/21/2014I found the entire time at Oceanos Restaurant very good. Starting with a valet as you drive in which took me by surprise for such a small lot. Then a coat check, I am glad to say I was wearing a colored shirt, slacks with shoes. When I go again I will wear a suit. The place was not stuff for people being in suits just classy. The bar was friendly and alive, the drinks were nice and everything was pleasant from inside and looking out. Oceanos Restaurant is set back from the street and designed so you’re not looking at cars; a person is looking at trees or the nice Patio. I found the decor soothing and when we sat for dinner the service was exceptional. I had Snapper with potato and green beans, for our appetizer we had the table bread, the 4 dip tray I forget what they called it but one of them was humus. The drinks were good with nice table service for our wine and sparkling water. Finally, the owner went around and checked on every table and every person. I found that very endearing. I did not pay since it was my birthday dinner but my girlfriend said the cost did not go over her budget and placed it around Morton's steak house area which is a high but not terrible. AKA most people cannot afford to go to Oceanos Restaurant everything but if you could you would, everything was that good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014Always fresh. Well prepared. Solid place. Parking can be toughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious seafoodlouiserfDined on 11/9/2014This is our third time visiting this restaurant and we particularly like it for lunch. The shrimp and scallop brochettes are not to be missed--perfectly grilled and oh, so tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Karin GoldsteinkalagldVIPDined on 11/8/2014Hi, I normally do not do these reviews but we were so very disappointed in our dining experience I had to let you know. We have been to Oceanos many many times and never had a bad meal so we thought it would be a great place to celebrate my mother in laws birthday. First, our round table I requested was right by the door and cold every time someone came into the restaurant. Our server was unprofessional and inefficient. It took a over a half hour just to get menus. The fried calamari appetizer was not crispy and was chewy. We kept getting food brought to our table that belonged somewhere else. Overall, very dissatisfied and the worst part was the owner admitted that he wanted to fire the waitress before she even started that night.
- Always a treatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Oceanos is our go to when we are in the mood a special night out. This weekend we brought some friends for their first time and as usual it did not disappoint! Everything start to finish was amazing as usual. Our friends have a new favorite restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014Consistently great food, wine & ambience! Service is prompt, courteous and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LadaDined on 11/7/2014Great food , great experience for Saturday night. Food was arriving on time ,very friendly stuff .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food-very darkRonsan1Dined on 11/6/2014I had a business dinner so I chose Oceanos. I have to say the over all experience was very good. If I were to go back I would make sure I do not want to be seated in the bar area. It was a little too loud and very dark. The waiter gave us a flashlight so we could read the menus. The food was very good. If you go there ask to be seated in the main dining area.Special Features:
- Consistantly GreatKaterinaDined on 11/1/2014Never fails, fresh and creative seafood entrees. Mussels appetizer a hit.Special Features:
- Good nightChucklesVIPDined on 10/31/2014Very good seafood. Service excellent. Good vibe in the room even though we sat for a later dinnerSpecial Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/2014The food was really good and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinnerJackieDined on 10/18/2014From our appetizer theough our meal everything was felicious and had its own distinct flavor. The fish was extrmely fresh.Each of us had a different main dish and each was flavored differently and delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, But Very PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/16/2014One of the best places in the area for fresh seafood. But very pricey. Especially annoying is when you ask for say aspargus as a side rather than their standard spinach side and are then told you must pay an additional 3$ for the upgrade. Sorry Oceanos, but at your prices vegetables better than mushy spinach should come standard. Please don't nickle and dime us.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday with my familyDrYJRDined on 10/5/2014My husband and I had the pleasure of dining this weekend at Oceano's. We had a great time. Service was excellent and food was absolutely delicious. Can't wait to go back, loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little expensive!BeverlyDined on 10/5/2014We dined at Oceanos with two of our friends. None of us had eaten there before but we have eaten at Mediterranean Seafood restaurants before. My husband ordered the fried zucchini and eggplant, tasty but a little soggy the accompanying dip was delicious, our friends ordered the calamari, she loved it, he hated it. I ordered the halibut with beet risotto, the skin on the halibut was not crisp but the halibut itself was good, my friend seemed to like the jumbo shrimp and my hubby was okay with the salmon. The desserts were much better, I enjoyed the apple dessert and my hubby had chocolate cake, both were delicious. I would go back but it is too expensive, there are other restaurants around that have just as good food and less expensive.Special Features:
- RecommendeastcoasterDined on 10/4/2014From greeting to leaving it was a very pleasant dining experience. Inspired menu, delectable desserts and attentive service. Extra points that they have someone wipe down the menus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeDined on 10/3/2014Great food and service. Best grilled octopus I've hadSpecial Features:
- Never disappoints!!XFM284Dined on 10/1/2014Peter and his team are expert at providing an exceptional dining experience. Lovely ambiance, attentive and knowledgeable servers, and impeccably fresh seafood are hallmarks of a dinner at Oceanos.Special Features:
- Fabulous SeafoodAXGT500Dined on 9/29/2014My wife and I decided to celebrate our wedding anniversary at Oceanos. We wanted to try something new since our regular spot was closed on Monday. I'm glad we did ! The food, service and ambiance were all excellent. We had the crab meat cocktail and calamari for appetizers. Both were very good although the calamari was a little chewy. For the main course, my wife had the chilean sea bass and I had the sockeye salmon special. Both dishes were superb. For dessert, we shared the apple truffle with vanilla ice cream. It was excellent. The staff and owners were friendly and welcoming. Our waiter was very helpful and made the night enjoyable.Special Features:
- GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/28/2014I was pleasantly surprised. The food was top class. The South African lobster tail was Divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In a word... wonderfulwmw322VIPDined on 9/26/2014Great wine selection. Greek salad huge and delicious.We had swordfish and salmon which were as good as any other high end restaurant. Service was impeccable. Water glasses always refilled. Nice atmosphere. Very welcoming and accommodating host. Baklava a bit too sweet for me but the cappuccino was a 10+. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/20/2014Excellent service and food that was just so enjoyable. It had been awhile since we were at Oceanos but we would go back again soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnerjhdinerDined on 9/20/2014Ordered the pink snapper with lump crab topping. Over sauced over spiced. Sauce was gloppy and tasted like thanksgiving stuffing. What a shame to ruin a beautiful piece of fish. Veggies we limp..over cooked and in the same sauce
- very good, but not greatLisaVIPDined on 9/20/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Oceanos. Been wanting to eat there since reading a very good review in the local paper. However, it did not quite live up to our expectations. The service was great. The atmosphere inside the restaurant was great. The food was good, not great. We had the zucchini & eggplant chips for appetizer, then steak, octopus, & swordfish for dinner. Batter was a bit heavy on the chips and they were so large that the centers got soggy. Swordfish was tasty, but not outstanding. Steak cut like butter, but the sides & sauce were not appealing. Octopus was a bit chewy, not delicate. The bread was OUTSTANDING!!!Special Features:
- Always a win at Oceanos3techDined on 9/19/2014Came here on a Friday evening with some friends that had not been here before. It was a really nice dinner, well paced, no hurries and the food and service was just great. Ours friends that had come for the first time are already asking when we're going back!Special Features:
- Food was very goodSgtpeperDined on 9/13/2014I had a great meal and the service was GREAT. I mean it was really fantastic. The only thing is that it is terribly expensive. I had a surf and turf dinner and it cost $72.00. The only other thing is, and this is being picky, it was very loud and the seating was very close. Too close to where people started bumping into each other as they were seated. I am certain I can find just as good a meal someplace else for a whole lot less.Special Features:
- Dover SoleDougDined on 9/12/2014This is one of the best seafood restaurants in the area and I have enjoyed dinning here many times in the past one of the most impressive things is the consistency of the food I have yet to have a disappointing meal. I must admit I always have the dover sole my favorite fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerLeopardchefDined on 9/11/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal & drinks. It was our 1st time & wanted to dine outside but the host stated the weather was unsure. It was a beautiful night to be outside. The weather passed. It was a pricey dinner for 4. My husband said it is a nice place for special occasions. I wish we could attend often but the prices need to be a little more affordable. Our servers were on top of their game. Dessert was absolutely incredible. Great drinks & wine list. Our son enjoyed his 26th Birthday dinner. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for lunch or dinnerMartysGirlDined on 9/2/2014Newly decorated. Nice daily specials. Food has been consistently good for both lunch and dinner. Staff is attentive to all needs. Desserts are a great treat. Pleased to say the Coffee is also very goodSpecial Features:
- Simply OutstandingEaterDined on 8/27/2014We took my mother here for her 91st birthday and had a terrific meal and great service! All ate the pink snapper special with risotto and asparagus. Very fresh. The desserts were fantastic. Will recommend this restaurant to everyone I know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousFood4GuttDined on 8/26/2014Went to dinner wig friends at a spot midpoint where we both live. (1hour commute for each of us) Reviews were great, so we decided on this restaurant. It definitely lived up to the reviews. Great meal. Everyone loved their dishes.Special Features:
- Good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Good food but slightly overpriced! Outdoor dining was very nice with ambience lighting. Wait staff was very attentive to your needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2014Just perfect! The food was excellent and the service was just great. As always, the grilled octopus was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LobsterLoverDined on 8/16/2014Wonderful food, wonderful service - love this placeSpecial Features:
- Good, butJoyfulfoodieDined on 8/11/2014It was our first time at Oceanos for my husband's birthday. For us, it's a special occasion-type restaurant because of the price factor. I was impressed that having made the reservation using Open Table, where I indicated it was my husband's birthday, they served a little dessert with a candle with our coffee--nice. The food was heavenly but because they had a large party in the other room, we had to wait a VERY long time for our entre. They shoukd have put on more staff to avoid that. Despite that, we would go back if another special occasion arises.Special Features:
- Terrifc, as UsualMikeDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I are never disappointed. Prices are high, but so is the quality of the food and service. If you're looking for a top notch neighborhood restaurant and can afford to spend a little more, Oceanos is the place for you.Special Features:
- Could be Much BetterRestauranteurDined on 8/3/2014The outside of the restaurant is not as well maintained as the interior which is very elegant, seating, menus and cocktails all good. I asked if the waitress knew if the Alaskan King Crab Legs on the menu were of the RED Species, this is not a question re: the color of the legs but rather a specific species of King crab, the most desired and most costly , since the menu price was $54.00 I thought they could be and the waitress was told by the kitchen that they were red king crab, but they weren't, so either they intentionally deceived us or have no idea what red king crab is, either one, NG, I ordered sauted soft shell crabs, but they were smothered in butter, mind you I love butter, but this was just way too much spoiled the dish.Special Features:
- Well DoneHobokenmofoVIPDined on 8/2/2014The food is delicious and the atmosphere is really nice and classy. The service was excellent and the waiter I had was very knowledgeable with the food / specials but also with the wine list. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014always the best seafood. super duper service. cannot go wrong here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.