2 Vendig Street
San Juan, PR 00907Neighborhood:
CaribbeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oceanopr.com/
- Phone: 7877246300
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: Tuesday - Wdnesday: 12:00pm - 12:00am, Thursday: 12:00pm - 2:00am, Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00am, Sunday: 12:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Global, International
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Oceano
OCEANO brings you flavors and aromas from around the world with a tropical flair. From ceviches to pizzettas to samurai bites, taste our world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Oceano - Best Restaurants in Condado ›
Oceano reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (94)great for outdoor dining (90)romantic (76)special occasion (73)hot spot (59)fit for foodies (50)vibrant bar scene (45)good for groups (36)neighborhood gem (29)late-night find (26)notable wine list (16)great for brunch (16)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Great scene, even better Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Oceano was a 10 on all levels. Great vibe and service. Food was outstanding. Party of 6 and everyone thought it was best meal in a long time. (And we live in NYC with great food)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014If you are looking for a unique romantic place overlooking the beach this is the place. Drinks are a little pricey but they are generous with the alcohol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view with excellent food!loafloverDined on 10/12/2014We loved our dinner at Oceano. We were well taken care of from the moment we entered the restaurant. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu and how the food was prepared and make some excellent recommendations. The ceviche and the pineapple salad were superb! We both had the pork for our entree and it was a wonderful blend of flavors cooked to perfection. We will definitely be going back to Oceano on our next trip to Puerto Rico!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and settingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014My family and I spent our last night on vacation going to Oceano based on the tripadvisor reviews. The setting on the beach was amazing and the food was the best we ever had. We would highly recommend Oceano to anyone.Special Features:
- A must !NickyPFlDined on 10/12/2014My second time at brunch, and it was simply delicious. Juan David (server) is a Gem! My only complaint; I went for the 'Jazz Brunch' (11-3) however the jazz didn't start till after 1 / at the end of my meal :( ... I still say, If you are in San Juan, go to oceano for brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchPikieatrDined on 10/12/2014Only went here for Sunday brunch, but it was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!ashconDined on 10/10/2014Fantastic drinks and even better food. A must visit restaurant in San Juan. Great atmosphere and superior service all overlooking the ocean.Special Features:
- excellent view with delicious foodlovefoodDined on 10/7/2014The place has an outstanding view with excellent seafood. I had the scallops and was very surprised how well they were cooked. I would recommend to a friend. However I was there to celebrate but found it was not as romantic as I would have hoped for. The noise level was so loud it was hard to hear myself think. Other than that I would go back but you need to realize you are paying a premium for the view. The service was outstanding. Our server fidal was probably the best server ive encountered while in Puerto Rico. I would recommend this place to anyone who loves seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food and Great ServicePauliusDined on 10/5/2014The food was fantastic and we got great recommendations from our waitress.Special Features:
- Jazz BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Attending this restaurant was an amazing experience. The food was absolutely delicious and the view was to die for.Special Features:
- Great ServiceJen04Dined on 10/4/2014Craig who served us was very friendly and helpful with his knowledge of the menu and wines. Only complaint would be that the place was a bit loud. Food was terrific, everyone in our group enjoyed their meals. And they sent out 2 deserts for our birthday girls, which was very generous. Wish we had gone during daylight to fully enjoy the view, would recommend planning for slightly before sunset to fully enjoy everything this restaurant has to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fairly nice timedrlalabDined on 10/3/2014A group of us went for my husband's birthday. The service was OK, but the server kept reaching over us refilling water, which was very rude to me. Some of the drinks were poorly made and the attempts to make better ones were failed. The food was phenomenal, especially the pork Anna octopus salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and ambience!Foodfan1965Dined on 10/2/2014Simply great food. Customer service was A1!!! Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014LUIS "FIRE" WAS AMAZING AND EXTREMELY NICE. HE MADE US FEEL SPECIAL ON OUR HONEYMOON AND IT WAS A BIG REASON WHY WE GAVE HIM A $50.00 TIP. WE WILL ABSOLUTELY BE BACK AND HOPE TO SEE HIM AGAIN. :-) COULDN'T HAVE HAD BETTER SERVICE WITH THE SERVICE WE WERE PROVIDED AT OCEANO. 50 THUMBS UP!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but disappointing eveningSveiks123Dined on 9/27/2014The food was good, atmosphere was similar to Miami/South Beach. Juan our waiter was fabulous - friendly and attentive. This was our first time in Puerto Rico and since we had heard so much about Oceano we made reservations almost 2 months before our vacation. Unfortunately, when we got there they would not give us a table outside overlooking the ocean, which was the entire reason for us going there. We were given a table upstairs (inside) and the hostess said we would have a fabulous view. Since it was dark and we were sitting in the middle of the room there was no view (I am sure it was very nice during the day). We had our dinner but were very disappointed about not being able to sit outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On my favorite restaurants list!howarc1Dined on 9/20/2014Every time we are in San Juan, Oceano is on the must - do list! Server, Monica, was just fabulous! Met the manager, George, and told him how pleased we are with the consistency of quality food and service. Can't go wrong with anything you order here, but the tostones, grilled mahi mahi, grilled grilled breast, and chick wrap were amazing! So much food...couldn't eat it all. Don't miss this gem in Condado!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelent restaurant, awsome viewrestaurantguruDined on 9/19/2014Excelent service. The food had a great taste and was served very fast. Very modern restaurant with a great ocen view. I'm definitely visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!torosDined on 9/19/2014Very welcoming staff, great interior design, awesome views, great attention to details like anniversary and very good food. I recommend this place for anyone that wants to have a great time without spending that much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with a view.FoodjunkiesVIPDined on 9/19/2014We had an excellent dinner, best octopus salad ever with great service and an outstanding view on the water. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall AMAZING experienceyumyumyumyumdeliciosoDined on 9/9/2014From the moment we walked into Oceano we were treated like family. They asked if we had any allergies or were celebrating a special occasion. We were there on our honeymoon and every staff member we can't across seemed genuinely happy that we were celebrating with them. Our waiter was friendly and funny but also incredibly prompt and courteous. The manager stopped by or table to check to be sure everything was wonderful (which, of course, it was) but even she went above and beyond by offering to take our picture on the patio in front of the full moon and ocean. The food was phenomenal! I had the pork and my husband had the snapper. Delicious. My pork was so tender it just fell apart when I cut into it. Seriously, perfect night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & service, high pricesMDTNealDined on 9/3/2014The food tasted great and the service was great, but the prices were too high for the amount of food you get. Also our drinks (Oceano blue) were very watered down. Don't go there with a big appetite and expect to pay a lot for very little.Special Features:
- This is a cool spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014This is a cool spot for happy hr on the beach or a romantic dinner. Service was great. We loved it. Will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerFoodieForeverDined on 8/31/2014Went to Oceano to celebrate my 21st birthday and the food and atmosphere did not disappoint! The staff was very friendly and engaged. We were seated on the upper level which had an amazing view overlooking the ocean. The appetizers were really tasty, I would recommend the churrasco egg rolls and the beef dumplings! It's a popular spot but not too noisy so you can fully enjoy a conversation without feeling like you have to yell.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romantic viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Ocean front restaurant is one of my favorite. Red snapper so tasteful and churassco steak so tender ... Nothing like drinking a glass of wine listening to ocean wavesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MonicaNeighborsDiningDined on 8/30/2014The service was awesome and the meal was even better! It was such a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for a date.BeauDined on 8/29/2014Got there early, so no crowd. Staff was attentive and courteous. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SweetGreatfallerDined on 8/26/2014Great view, food and service. Really beautiful. On the water. I want town this place as my private beach house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply OutstandingNportChrisDined on 8/26/2014Visited Oceano for lunch right before flight home. Next time it will be the first place we go. Food was creative and very well prepared. Marco, our server, was superb. Attentive, warm, funny, and he knows a heck of a lot about beer of all things. We will be back.Special Features:
- Love Oceano!!!!Jick1Dined on 8/23/2014My partner and I have been here 4 or 5 times! The food is excellent!! We recommend Oceano to anyone traveling to Peurto Rico.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!FoodieVIPDined on 8/21/2014Great food, amazing service, & beautiful decor. Staff was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedMyFriendsCallMeJackDined on 8/21/2014We were a party of 6. Our seating was on time. The service was good the menu offerings were explained very well. The flow of the appetizers thru to the ending drinks was very comfortable. The best part of the experience was the food. Both presentation and taste was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time to San JuanOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/19/2014Short walk from la concha resort. Great setting right on the beach. Great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but understaffJUanDined on 8/12/2014The food was excelent. I got the ceviche and the pork and both were great. I ate in the patio and it was dark to even see what I was eating. I waitrees was very good but I founded out she was the bar tender too. She did her best to take care of me but I lost her for a while.Special Features:
- Decadent Seafood & Classy AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014From the minute you walk up to the restaurant you treated with dignity and respect. Eye dropping background of the ocean with waves crashing across the shore sets the background for your evening. Seated at a table that overlooks the ocean while the sun is slowly fading away. Candles are lit and the pace of the evening is not rushed. Our servers and restaurant staff work in such synergy it makes you feel as though you and your significant other are the only ones at the table. The food is the freshest seafood I have ever tasted. The scallops were cooked to perfection and melted in your mouth. Overall, if you are looking for a romantic get-away dinner, this is the restaurant to go to. Figure about $60 per person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectJcamp10Dined on 8/10/2014We ate at Oceano twice. The ceviche, churrasco egg rolls, and the pork dish were all outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was just amazing!!!vjsierraDined on 8/9/2014The only problem was the seating waiting period, even with a reservation we had to waid more than an hour on the bar to get seated. But after that the service was great and the food was simply wonderful! If they fix the reservation problem it will be the perfect spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimeGeneDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary with dinner at Oceano, and we enjoyed ourselves tremendously. The food was fantastic, the service was great (great recommendations from our server), and our seat on the deck overlooking the beach and the water could not be outdone. Coincidentally, Oceano had a wedding reception going on upstairs (I appreciate the date that the couple chose), and they did a really nice job of making sure that the lively (and it definitely looked lively) party upstairs did not unnecessarily or inappropriately mix with the rest of the customers there for dunner. Also, it started raining toward the end of dinner, and they did a great job of making sure that we enjoyed the rest of our meal in a dry place :-).Special Features:
- OutstandingDarealbrooklynDined on 8/3/2014This is the ultimate brunch spot in Condado on Sunday. The food was great, the view was amazing and the live jazz set off the perfect ambience for the moment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceAkbkDined on 7/31/2014Service wasn't all the great. We waited almost 15 min for our check. Took them a few minutes to take our order and it wasn't even that packed. My husband ordered a jack on a rock and it tasted like water, when we told the waiter his was response was that she saw him measure it correctly. The food and atmosphere was great which made up for the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful 10th Anniversary DinnerMrsAjhumpDined on 7/31/2014The food was exceptional and service was great! My husband is still wanting more eggrolls!! 😃Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.