2 Vendig Street
San Juan, PR 00907Neighborhood:
CaribbeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oceanopr.com/
- Phone: 7877246300
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: Tuesday - Wdnesday: 12:00pm - 12:00am, Thursday: 12:00pm - 2:00am, Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00am, Sunday: 12:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Global, International
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Oceano
OCEANO brings you flavors and aromas from around the world with a tropical flair. From ceviches to pizzettas to samurai bites, taste our world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Oceano - Best Restaurants in Condado ›
Oceano reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (104)great for outdoor dining (96)romantic (80)special occasion (75)hot spot (62)fit for foodies (55)vibrant bar scene (44)good for groups (38)neighborhood gem (34)late-night find (25)great for brunch (17)notable wine list (16)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Excellent DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014Our meal was awesome diver scallops and snapper. Juan David was our server and did an outstanding job. They seated us right on the water with a great view. It's on my list as a return resturant in San juanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beachside diningbellbiv13VIPDined on 10/24/2014This restaurant overlooks the beach and the Caribbean which would make for beautiful sunset dining. The food was good though not as great as advertised.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Wonderful food, great service but my desert, ice came to the table about 2/3 meltedSpecial Features:
- Food with a Viewems1225Dined on 10/24/2014My husband and I were visiting with another couple for a conference and wanted to take them out for a special celebratory dinner because they recently tied the knot. We researched and read reviews and determined that Oceano was the place to go. We enjoyed the spectacular service of Vladimir on Friday night 10/24/14 who took extraordinary care of us. He took photos of us, made great food and drink suggestions and made sure we were always happy and enjoying the night. Each of us felt that our meal was the one of the best meals we've ever had in a restaurant and the view and ambience spectacular.Special Features:
- South Beach meets Puerto RicoWunchmanVIPDined on 10/22/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Oceano! There were 6 of us in our party, and everyone was very well attended to. The view was AMAZING (though I'd recommend getting there before dark to really enjoy the ocean views!). The foods were fresh and worked for a mixed palate of needs (we had a "pescatarian" who only ate fish...great options for vegetarians as well!). Service was good - though our waiter was really slammed, he was still very friendly. The restaurant even called us a cab when we were ready to go, so our departure was extremely smooth! Owner stopped by the table and chatted for a few minutes - very nice touch. Oh - and the desserts were AWESOME!Special Features:
- Awesome ExperiencetfoodieDined on 10/21/2014I went to Puerto Rico to celebrate my birthday and stumbled upon Oceano by mistake. I must say it is the best mistake I've ever made....We had drinks at the bar while we waited for our table, 1800 Que w/ rum and the Blue Fire were delish.....Unfortunately, they were out of Snapper so we had the Churrasco and the Scallops, delish...For dessert, I was served the Cheesecake and something that resembled a Chocolate Hazelnut Flan with a sparkler on top and of course, like with everything else, delish...If I could, I would give 10 stars. Oh and btw the manager Mary and the Chef Cory were AWESOME!!!!! I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special experienceNvizbleVIPDined on 10/21/2014You certainly can't beat the view when you are seated beachfront. The service was friendly and efficient and the food was wonderful, although very expensive. We had the churassco and the diver scallops, both done perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little service would have helpedToddDined on 10/19/2014Deck seating overlooking the beach, cool blue mood lighting, intoxicating music. Awesome view. Ordered a nice bottle of wine from out waiter, who never introduced himself, and acted like he wanted to be far far away from there. Aloof, disinterested, our waiter really dampened our experience. My wife absolutely loved her Charrasco steak with the mojito chimichurri sauce. My mofongo had 3 large shrimp on top, but nothing stuffed inside. Without any sauce, it was dry. It looked good though. We ordered the quattro leches cake, but the waiter told us they were out of it. We read other reviews that echo the "we are out if that" theme.Special Features:
- Good food, better servicegbitDined on 10/19/2014Some of the food was great and some wasn't. The sweet corn soup and roasted pineapple salad were excellent. The apricot chicken was good, very sweet and a large portion. The shrimp in the entree were huge but not cooked enough and bland. Service was very good. Craig was very knowledgeable and helpful.Special Features:
- exelenteadalDined on 10/18/2014Un lugar increiblemente bueno,buenisima comida,vista al mar y la mesera kamila exelentemente amableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner, wonderful serviceDebNJDined on 10/18/2014Wonderful gem on the beach front. Dined with a friend but this restaurant would be perfect for a romantic dinner. In fact, a couple got engaged while we were there. Staff was very attentive without smothering us. I had the red snapper entree and it was fabulous. Was on a bed of root vegetables that were to die for. My friend the skirt steak which was great as well. Would definitely recommend and would definitely go back. Can't beat the ambiance of being beachfront either!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great scene, even better Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Oceano was a 10 on all levels. Great vibe and service. Food was outstanding. Party of 6 and everyone thought it was best meal in a long time. (And we live in NYC with great food)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just ok!overthenetDined on 10/16/2014We had a reservation but were seated upstairs. Not outside as asked and it was noisy. We ordered the scallops which were not that special and quite pricey. We asked for water and were charged for Evian water. We did not know it was Evian water because it did not have the label on the bottle anyway. We asked not to pay for it and they took it off the bill. It was $7 for a small bottle. Our waiter was nice but the overall experience was not as good as expected from reading the reviews.Special Features:
- Could have been betterangie1027Dined on 10/15/2014The appetizer was good but my steak lacked flavor. The side dish was delicious, though. It is very expensive, which I knew beforehand, and I feel like the food just didn't live up to the expense. The atmosphere was nice, but dark.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014If you are looking for a unique romantic place overlooking the beach this is the place. Drinks are a little pricey but they are generous with the alcohol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view with excellent food!loafloverDined on 10/12/2014We loved our dinner at Oceano. We were well taken care of from the moment we entered the restaurant. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu and how the food was prepared and make some excellent recommendations. The ceviche and the pineapple salad were superb! We both had the pork for our entree and it was a wonderful blend of flavors cooked to perfection. We will definitely be going back to Oceano on our next trip to Puerto Rico!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and settingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014My family and I spent our last night on vacation going to Oceano based on the tripadvisor reviews. The setting on the beach was amazing and the food was the best we ever had. We would highly recommend Oceano to anyone.Special Features:
- A must !NickyPFlDined on 10/12/2014My second time at brunch, and it was simply delicious. Juan David (server) is a Gem! My only complaint; I went for the 'Jazz Brunch' (11-3) however the jazz didn't start till after 1 / at the end of my meal :( ... I still say, If you are in San Juan, go to oceano for brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchPikieatrDined on 10/12/2014Only went here for Sunday brunch, but it was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!ashconDined on 10/10/2014Fantastic drinks and even better food. A must visit restaurant in San Juan. Great atmosphere and superior service all overlooking the ocean.Special Features:
- excellent view with delicious foodlovefoodDined on 10/7/2014The place has an outstanding view with excellent seafood. I had the scallops and was very surprised how well they were cooked. I would recommend to a friend. However I was there to celebrate but found it was not as romantic as I would have hoped for. The noise level was so loud it was hard to hear myself think. Other than that I would go back but you need to realize you are paying a premium for the view. The service was outstanding. Our server fidal was probably the best server ive encountered while in Puerto Rico. I would recommend this place to anyone who loves seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food and Great ServicePauliusDined on 10/5/2014The food was fantastic and we got great recommendations from our waitress.Special Features:
- Jazz BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Attending this restaurant was an amazing experience. The food was absolutely delicious and the view was to die for.Special Features:
- Great ServiceJen04Dined on 10/4/2014Craig who served us was very friendly and helpful with his knowledge of the menu and wines. Only complaint would be that the place was a bit loud. Food was terrific, everyone in our group enjoyed their meals. And they sent out 2 deserts for our birthday girls, which was very generous. Wish we had gone during daylight to fully enjoy the view, would recommend planning for slightly before sunset to fully enjoy everything this restaurant has to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fairly nice timedrlalabDined on 10/3/2014A group of us went for my husband's birthday. The service was OK, but the server kept reaching over us refilling water, which was very rude to me. Some of the drinks were poorly made and the attempts to make better ones were failed. The food was phenomenal, especially the pork Anna octopus salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and ambience!Foodfan1965Dined on 10/2/2014Simply great food. Customer service was A1!!! Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014LUIS "FIRE" WAS AMAZING AND EXTREMELY NICE. HE MADE US FEEL SPECIAL ON OUR HONEYMOON AND IT WAS A BIG REASON WHY WE GAVE HIM A $50.00 TIP. WE WILL ABSOLUTELY BE BACK AND HOPE TO SEE HIM AGAIN. :-) COULDN'T HAVE HAD BETTER SERVICE WITH THE SERVICE WE WERE PROVIDED AT OCEANO. 50 THUMBS UP!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but disappointing eveningSveiks123Dined on 9/27/2014The food was good, atmosphere was similar to Miami/South Beach. Juan our waiter was fabulous - friendly and attentive. This was our first time in Puerto Rico and since we had heard so much about Oceano we made reservations almost 2 months before our vacation. Unfortunately, when we got there they would not give us a table outside overlooking the ocean, which was the entire reason for us going there. We were given a table upstairs (inside) and the hostess said we would have a fabulous view. Since it was dark and we were sitting in the middle of the room there was no view (I am sure it was very nice during the day). We had our dinner but were very disappointed about not being able to sit outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On my favorite restaurants list!howarc1Dined on 9/20/2014Every time we are in San Juan, Oceano is on the must - do list! Server, Monica, was just fabulous! Met the manager, George, and told him how pleased we are with the consistency of quality food and service. Can't go wrong with anything you order here, but the tostones, grilled mahi mahi, grilled grilled breast, and chick wrap were amazing! So much food...couldn't eat it all. Don't miss this gem in Condado!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelent restaurant, awsome viewrestaurantguruDined on 9/19/2014Excelent service. The food had a great taste and was served very fast. Very modern restaurant with a great ocen view. I'm definitely visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!torosDined on 9/19/2014Very welcoming staff, great interior design, awesome views, great attention to details like anniversary and very good food. I recommend this place for anyone that wants to have a great time without spending that much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with a view.FoodjunkiesVIPDined on 9/19/2014We had an excellent dinner, best octopus salad ever with great service and an outstanding view on the water. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall AMAZING experienceyumyumyumyumdeliciosoDined on 9/9/2014From the moment we walked into Oceano we were treated like family. They asked if we had any allergies or were celebrating a special occasion. We were there on our honeymoon and every staff member we can't across seemed genuinely happy that we were celebrating with them. Our waiter was friendly and funny but also incredibly prompt and courteous. The manager stopped by or table to check to be sure everything was wonderful (which, of course, it was) but even she went above and beyond by offering to take our picture on the patio in front of the full moon and ocean. The food was phenomenal! I had the pork and my husband had the snapper. Delicious. My pork was so tender it just fell apart when I cut into it. Seriously, perfect night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & service, high pricesMDTNealDined on 9/3/2014The food tasted great and the service was great, but the prices were too high for the amount of food you get. Also our drinks (Oceano blue) were very watered down. Don't go there with a big appetite and expect to pay a lot for very little.Special Features:
- This is a cool spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014This is a cool spot for happy hr on the beach or a romantic dinner. Service was great. We loved it. Will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerFoodieForeverDined on 8/31/2014Went to Oceano to celebrate my 21st birthday and the food and atmosphere did not disappoint! The staff was very friendly and engaged. We were seated on the upper level which had an amazing view overlooking the ocean. The appetizers were really tasty, I would recommend the churrasco egg rolls and the beef dumplings! It's a popular spot but not too noisy so you can fully enjoy a conversation without feeling like you have to yell.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romantic viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Ocean front restaurant is one of my favorite. Red snapper so tasteful and churassco steak so tender ... Nothing like drinking a glass of wine listening to ocean wavesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MonicaNeighborsDiningDined on 8/30/2014The service was awesome and the meal was even better! It was such a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for a date.BeauDined on 8/29/2014Got there early, so no crowd. Staff was attentive and courteous. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SweetGreatfallerDined on 8/26/2014Great view, food and service. Really beautiful. On the water. I want town this place as my private beach house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.