2 Vendig Street
San Juan, PR 00907Neighborhood:
CaribbeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oceanopr.com/
- Phone: 7877246300
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: Tuesday - Wdnesday: 12:00pm - 12:00am, Thursday: 12:00pm - 2:00am, Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00am, Sunday: 12:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Global, International
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Oceano
OCEANO brings you flavors and aromas from around the world with a tropical flair. From ceviches to pizzettas to samurai bites, taste our world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Oceano - Best Restaurants in Condado ›
Oceano reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (93)great for outdoor dining (84)romantic (72)special occasion (63)hot spot (47)fit for foodies (44)vibrant bar scene (37)good for groups (32)late-night find (26)neighborhood gem (26)great for brunch (15)notable wine list (14)great for lunch (12)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- On my favorite restaurants list!howarc1Dined on 9/20/2014Every time we are in San Juan, Oceano is on the must - do list! Server, Monica, was just fabulous! Met the manager, George, and told him how pleased we are with the consistency of quality food and service. Can't go wrong with anything you order here, but the tostones, grilled mahi mahi, grilled grilled breast, and chick wrap were amazing! So much food...couldn't eat it all. Don't miss this gem in Condado!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelent restaurant, awsome viewrestaurantguruDined on 9/19/2014Excelent service. The food had a great taste and was served very fast. Very modern restaurant with a great ocen view. I'm definitely visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!torosDined on 9/19/2014Very welcoming staff, great interior design, awesome views, great attention to details like anniversary and very good food. I recommend this place for anyone that wants to have a great time without spending that much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with a view.FoodjunkiesVIPDined on 9/19/2014We had an excellent dinner, best octopus salad ever with great service and an outstanding view on the water. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall AMAZING experienceyumyumyumyumdeliciosoDined on 9/9/2014From the moment we walked into Oceano we were treated like family. They asked if we had any allergies or were celebrating a special occasion. We were there on our honeymoon and every staff member we can't across seemed genuinely happy that we were celebrating with them. Our waiter was friendly and funny but also incredibly prompt and courteous. The manager stopped by or table to check to be sure everything was wonderful (which, of course, it was) but even she went above and beyond by offering to take our picture on the patio in front of the full moon and ocean. The food was phenomenal! I had the pork and my husband had the snapper. Delicious. My pork was so tender it just fell apart when I cut into it. Seriously, perfect night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & service, high pricesMDTNealDined on 9/3/2014The food tasted great and the service was great, but the prices were too high for the amount of food you get. Also our drinks (Oceano blue) were very watered down. Don't go there with a big appetite and expect to pay a lot for very little.Special Features:
- This is a cool spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014This is a cool spot for happy hr on the beach or a romantic dinner. Service was great. We loved it. Will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerFoodieForeverDined on 8/31/2014Went to Oceano to celebrate my 21st birthday and the food and atmosphere did not disappoint! The staff was very friendly and engaged. We were seated on the upper level which had an amazing view overlooking the ocean. The appetizers were really tasty, I would recommend the churrasco egg rolls and the beef dumplings! It's a popular spot but not too noisy so you can fully enjoy a conversation without feeling like you have to yell.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romantic viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Ocean front restaurant is one of my favorite. Red snapper so tasteful and churassco steak so tender ... Nothing like drinking a glass of wine listening to ocean wavesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MonicaNeighborsDiningDined on 8/30/2014The service was awesome and the meal was even better! It was such a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for a date.BeauDined on 8/29/2014Got there early, so no crowd. Staff was attentive and courteous. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SweetGreatfallerDined on 8/26/2014Great view, food and service. Really beautiful. On the water. I want town this place as my private beach house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply OutstandingNportChrisDined on 8/26/2014Visited Oceano for lunch right before flight home. Next time it will be the first place we go. Food was creative and very well prepared. Marco, our server, was superb. Attentive, warm, funny, and he knows a heck of a lot about beer of all things. We will be back.Special Features:
- Love Oceano!!!!Jick1Dined on 8/23/2014My partner and I have been here 4 or 5 times! The food is excellent!! We recommend Oceano to anyone traveling to Peurto Rico.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!FoodieVIPDined on 8/21/2014Great food, amazing service, & beautiful decor. Staff was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedMyFriendsCallMeJackDined on 8/21/2014We were a party of 6. Our seating was on time. The service was good the menu offerings were explained very well. The flow of the appetizers thru to the ending drinks was very comfortable. The best part of the experience was the food. Both presentation and taste was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time to San JuanOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/19/2014Short walk from la concha resort. Great setting right on the beach. Great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but understaffJUanDined on 8/12/2014The food was excelent. I got the ceviche and the pork and both were great. I ate in the patio and it was dark to even see what I was eating. I waitrees was very good but I founded out she was the bar tender too. She did her best to take care of me but I lost her for a while.Special Features:
- PerfectJcamp10Dined on 8/10/2014We ate at Oceano twice. The ceviche, churrasco egg rolls, and the pork dish were all outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was just amazing!!!vjsierraDined on 8/9/2014The only problem was the seating waiting period, even with a reservation we had to waid more than an hour on the bar to get seated. But after that the service was great and the food was simply wonderful! If they fix the reservation problem it will be the perfect spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimeGeneDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary with dinner at Oceano, and we enjoyed ourselves tremendously. The food was fantastic, the service was great (great recommendations from our server), and our seat on the deck overlooking the beach and the water could not be outdone. Coincidentally, Oceano had a wedding reception going on upstairs (I appreciate the date that the couple chose), and they did a really nice job of making sure that the lively (and it definitely looked lively) party upstairs did not unnecessarily or inappropriately mix with the rest of the customers there for dunner. Also, it started raining toward the end of dinner, and they did a great job of making sure that we enjoyed the rest of our meal in a dry place :-).Special Features:
- OutstandingDarealbrooklynDined on 8/3/2014This is the ultimate brunch spot in Condado on Sunday. The food was great, the view was amazing and the live jazz set off the perfect ambience for the moment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceAkbkDined on 7/31/2014Service wasn't all the great. We waited almost 15 min for our check. Took them a few minutes to take our order and it wasn't even that packed. My husband ordered a jack on a rock and it tasted like water, when we told the waiter his was response was that she saw him measure it correctly. The food and atmosphere was great which made up for the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful 10th Anniversary DinnerMrsAjhumpDined on 7/31/2014The food was exceptional and service was great! My husband is still wanting more eggrolls!! 😃Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodiegirl13Dined on 7/31/2014Highly recommend Oceano for any and all occasions. I was in Puerto Rico for my bachelorette trip and a group of 5 of us thoroughly enjoyed the food, our server was attentive and timely, the drinks were delicious and the atmosphere was great for a beautiful night in PR!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeafoodieDined on 7/29/2014This place is amazing!!! Me and my husband love this place!! We visited for our 1 year anniversary and it was amazing the food was awesome and our server was awesome i think his name was Creig (I'm bad with names). The hostess made sure we had a amazing view of the ocean from our table and they also made sure to make a special dessert surprise for us for our anniversary. We were blown away and it made it hard for us to enjoy any other restaurant because EVERYTHING was GREAT!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unique oceanfront outdoor diningSteveVIPDined on 7/27/2014Great location outside overlooking the beach. Food was excellent, specialty drinks were very good and strong, service very good, hostesses were friendly, and view was unbeatable. A fun place...looked like the place to be in San Juan!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodZumbaDined on 7/22/2014There was a an approximate 4 inch piece of wood/bark in my salad that I almost broke my tooth on. I was offered another salad but I didn't trust it. Meals were just ok. I felt the food was overpriced for the portions we received. Manager gave me dessert to go home with but we had to pay for our cappuccinos.Special Features:
- DidodidoDined on 7/20/2014Fist time at Oceano. Great view and food. Started to sprinkle while eating outside - Never saw servers scramble so fast to get patrons to inside tables - never missed a beatSpecial Features:
- Date NighttornadoDined on 7/19/2014I would highly recommend this restaurant for a romantic dinner overlooking the water. The food was delicious, service was on point and the environment was exactly what I wanted for a romantic dinner with my husband. He loved it as well and he's a picky eaterSpecial Features:
- Sweet and SourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014First time at Oceano. Food, Service and ambience was Top-notch. But, at the end coffee were spill on me by waiter. I thought at least they will not charge me the coffee and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceteachermom1954VIPDined on 7/17/2014This surpassed my expectations. The food was amazing!! Our server, Christine, was fantastic. The view was unbelievable. We were right on the beach so the view was great. This is a place you want to make sure you visit while in Pietro Rick. You won't be sorry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot with exceptional viewpleasedDined on 7/13/2014We had a fantastic dinner at Oceano! This place has great outdoor seating with an exceptional view of the ocean, especially at sunset. Specialty cocktails were interesting, but a little sweet for our taste. The wine list has many good options. The food was good, and the service was excellent. Our waitress spoke perfect English and even offered us a few tips for nearby places to check out before we left. If you're staying in San Juan and looking for a place to enjoy a nice dinner, definitely make a reservation here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WineNDineDined on 7/13/2014The restaurant has a beautiful view of the ocean, which we could see at night thanks to the lighting. I had the scallops and my husband had steak. It was the most expensive meal we had during our 5 day stay in Puerto Rico but also the best. The food and the service were wonderful.Special Features:
- Not what I expectedKolalaDined on 7/13/2014I had hight expectations about this rest. My reservation was for Sunday Brunch at 11:30 am but I was not advised of a private event at the rest second floor. All of a sudden every single guest from the event upstairs came down to serve themself from the same brunch buffet. This created a 45 min wait in the buffet line. It was outrageous! No staff, supervisor or manager apologized to any of the tables for the inconvenience created. They just didn't care about creating repeat customers.
- Our first taste of Puerto Rico!DDT1Dined on 7/6/2014Oceano was our first dining experience after we arrived in San Juan. I contacted them ahead of time with a little information about our 1st anniversary get-away, and the staff at Oceano helped me score big points with my wife! They had a wonderful little table set up for us so we could spend a little quality time without any disturbance. The service was wonderful, thanks to "Norberto" who kept us laughing and the Cuba Libres coming! The food was extremely good, and it was an awesome evening for the two of us. Thanks Oceano for a great night! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to have a great dinerChrisQuebecDined on 7/5/2014Ocean front Excellent service Good price Good atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice meal, nicer viewKnightOfNiVIPDined on 7/3/2014Took forever to seat us. Very attractive outdoor setting and nice inside, too. Worth going for an upscale meal. Didn't think it was "all that", but it was good and we'd try it again. For my money, I'd go to the Condado Hilton and get the Chef's Tasting menu (Chef Wilo Benet from Top Chef Masters rules the roost there) OR to Marmalade in Old San Juan, but that'll set you back even more. Still, try Oceano and I think you'll like it. We'll go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breezy Beautiful BrunchjesschillynnDined on 6/29/2014This place has incredible views. We sat literally above the beach while the sea breeze was blowing and the ocean waves were crashing. Brunch buffet was extensive: includes hot breakfast items, fruits and salads, an omelet station, carving station, plus an array of deserts. Mimosas were half off (only 5 bucks!) and we treated ourselves to some additional drinks which were also amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingTrendymeDined on 6/28/2014I travel to San Juan monthly for business and Oceano is by far my favorite place in Condado. It is one of the trendiest places in the area, it is a little pricey but it is totally worth it. The service is a little slow but food comes out in a decent time. Make reservations! This is a very popular spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.