Oceano Bistro - Clayton
44 N. Brentwood
Clayton, MO 63105Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Oceano Bistro - Clayton
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://oceanobistro.com/
- Phone: 3147219400x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 9:00pm; Weekend Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jon Lowe
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Oceano Bistro is also proud to offer a wide variety of catering options. Our expert chefs will prepare anything from a boxed lunch for 2 to a full service dinner complete with wait staff. You enjoy the party, we do the work. Please feel free to browse our extensive menus consisting of boxed lunches, themed buffet, and amazing plated dinners. More of our menus are available on our website, oceanobistro.com, and will be happy to make your next catered event an amazing success
A word from Oceano Bistro - Clayton
Welcome to Oceano Bistro, St. Louis premiere fresh fish bistro. Our chefs, in partnerships with fishermen, farmers, and food artisans have searched the world's seas to bring the St. Louis area what is enjoyed by those who are living on the coast. We then pair it innovative and exciting fresh local producers and flavor combinations certain to dazzle every discerning palate at prices that are a great value for a great catch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Oceano Bistro - Clayton - Best Restaurants in Clayton ›
Oceano Bistro - Clayton reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (71)fit for foodies (66)neighborhood gem (56)great for lunch (35)romantic (32)good for groups (24)notable wine list (22)great for brunch (19)great for outdoor dining (18)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (5)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Never disappointsiwaveatcowsVIPDined on 10/19/2014Our favorite dining spot on Sunday evenings!! Fabulous food as always along with great service. Big thanks go to Joshua for helping me with my iPhone/iTunes problems. I've probably used that title before ... we come back repeatedly because quite simply, we are never disappointed!Special Features:
- Always enjoyableJudeDined on 10/15/2014Choosing Oceano is always a good option. The food and presentation are always first rate. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood in ClaytonHappyHungerVIPDined on 10/11/2014Our group of four was greeted by the Manager/Owner. The service was very good. The only snag was that the mussels ordered were served empty. No mussels, only empty shells. When we informed our waiter of this, he apologized and deducted from the bill. The Owner came over and presented us with an even better Tuna sashimi roll (for all four of us !) at no charge. The entrees were excellent and I highly recommend Oceano to anyone in the Clayton area who wants a great experience and food.Special Features:
- Excellent service!MC84Dined on 10/10/2014Alex was a great waiter - excellent service! The happy hour specials were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just average!DateNightDined on 10/7/2014Had a business dinner for 4 and was unimpressed with the meals although they looked great on the plate. Service was so so. Not very busy. I had hear it was a great place, but maybe we just caught them on an off night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- KellybDined on 10/5/2014Absolutely delicious omelets, we both had the Oceana Seafood omelets and they were cooked to perfection, light and fluffly with delicious seafood and light seasoning, and just enough cheese - a totally wonderful breakfast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different twistMLBReviewDined on 10/3/2014The seafood dishes were unique, well presented and well served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top 10 Meal and great serviceRKFoodieDined on 10/3/2014The scallops on the portabella mushrooms were unbelievable, and the smoked salmon flatbread appetizer was amazing. Not to mention great service and made to feel welcome by both the manager and the "wine expert." Valet parking was great and we just opened the door to step outside the restaurant and the car had already been brought around. Fantastic experience would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Gluten Free BonanzacellistVIPDined on 9/26/2014If one is Gluten intolerant, this is the place for you. There are numerous menu options and they are delicious. The Fitness Menu is inspired.Special Features:
- Good timeMaggieDined on 9/24/2014We were at Oceana Bistro on the 24th of September with friends. We had requested a table by the window and got it! We also told them we were celebrating our 26 wedding anniversary on that day, but received no special acknowledgement. That was a bit disappointing. The food and atmosphere was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliciousiwaveatcowsVIPDined on 9/21/2014Another great dinner at Oceano -- never disappoints. Great service and great food! Was excellent to see Joshua back!!!Special Features:
- I really like this placeboobooDined on 9/15/2014Oceano is friendly, delicious and convenient. The service is very good. The wait staff is intelligent and efficient.Special Features:
- CLH80Dined on 9/14/2014Had a really nice brunch. We got there late so it was a bit quiet. Went there to meet friends and catch up Really appreciated the quiet atmosphere.
- A very nice dinnerluluDined on 9/13/2014Recent experiences at other restaurants almost made me forget how nice a restaurant experience can be with good wait staff. A chef who has a well thought out dish and a kitchen staff who knows how to time and deliver dishes all together. high end dining should always be this nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014I continue to be impressed by Oceano...great food and service.Special Features:
- Food good and different varieties.Luv2eatDined on 9/2/2014Excellent choices on the menu. All with good health in mind. Certainly not a run of the mill restaurant. Service great with the exception of clearing the table before all parties are finished.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Business Lunch spotSusanDined on 9/2/2014The food at Oceanos is consistently good - particularly the seafood. I had the salmon spinach salad and it was delicious - the salmon was rare and tasty and mixed beautifully with the spinach and the light vinagrette dressing. They have a great happy hour with some terrific prices on appetizers - sashimi, sliders, bbq shrimp. Yum! Good wine list, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good quality, great menu choicesChicagoFoodieDined on 8/31/2014We had a great Sunday brunch here. The choices were very good, and our entrees were delicious. I liked that they have a not-so-ordinary menu with more seafood choices than most places. I tried the crab eggs benedict, but even the hash brown potatoes were great! My friends all enjoyed their dishes as well. I would definitely go back. The bottomless mimosas were a great deal, too.Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014My wife and I enjoyed and excellent dinner at Oceano Bistro on a last minute reservation without any prior knowledge of the restaurant. Food was excellent and service was prompt and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EMREMRDined on 8/2/2014watermelon appetizer = watermelon was not ripe/sweet and fell flat. although, the sauce was tasty. waiter was clumsy and spilled twice - once on the table with water from a glass and once on a guest shirt and napkin with sauce from a dish. May have been a new waiter so we did decided not make a fuss with his manager and did not inquire as to whether there is a restaurant policy regarding such events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always A Great Experience!EnjoySTLfoodDined on 8/1/2014Whether for lunch, dinner, or happy hour, we always have a great experience at Oceano. The menu is consistently good, such as the civeche and frito misto. The specials highlight new ways to enjoy seafood, such as the ahi tuna salad and smoked salmon & chopped shrimp salad sandwich on a pretzel bun. The service is always exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb seafoodJBTRVIPDined on 7/26/2014Great preparation, exciting flavors, informed and attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Have seen occasional negative reviews regarding service and food. Those probably happened on weekends as we went mid-week and experienced none of that. Restaurant was busy, but not crowded, and were seated immediately. Service was prompt, courteous, and orders came out just as we asked. I had the grilled trout, 2 large fillets, and my wife the salmon. Both were well portioned , extremely tasty, and I considered the pricing equal to the dining experience. We will recommend others to try out, but with preference to weekday, as first time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodDenaliVIPDined on 7/21/2014Had a good business dinner at Oceano Bistro. The menu is seafood heavy and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really ExcellentABthreeDined on 7/19/2014Great dining experience with friends! Service was perfect! Food was fabulous! Very enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodCwoodDined on 7/19/2014First time at Oceano Bistro and very pleased. We will definitely be going back. The Crab Cakes were awesome...Special Features:
- Clayton Restaurant Week visitJoMagDined on 7/18/2014Visited for restaurant week, one of 4 restaurants in Clayton we visited. This restaurant was the only one to have ridiculously small sized servings for the price fixed menu. All 5 of us left hungry including 3 small woman! We ordered cocktails and 2 bottles of wine so they were certainly making money on our table, just don't understand why they felt the need to skimp so much on the food. Left us with the impression that making money was their only motive. Definitely lost the potential for a repeat customer by being so cheap, next time just don't participate in restaurant week!
- Great food, Great experienceSTLFoodieDined on 7/17/2014Made a reservation on open table, very easy as usual. Parking is a little difficult due to the location, but they have valet parking for $4 which is very reasonable. After a swing around the block looking for a parking spot, I opted for the valet. Was greeted promptly at the door and escorted to our table. The table was the only problem we encountered. We were seated at the worst table in the dining room, next to a pillar, out in the main walkway. We asked to be reseated and were without hesitation. Server was very attentive and friendly. The wine and drinks were great and the meal was delicious. My date had the crab cakes and I had the trout. Both were delicious! Overall a great experience and I would go back again!Special Features:
- Oceano, Clayton MOFoodLoverDined on 7/16/2014Nice restaurant for a family meal - just too noisy for a romantic meal though. Straining to hear our server and the noise level in the restaurant made it difficult to have a normal conversation. We ate at 7pm so maybe it was just busy? Mussels had grit in them and the scallops were over spiced. Wouldn't rush back.Special Features:
- salmon serving tinyclaytonrestweekDined on 7/16/2014My salmon was great but so tiny. It was seriously a 2 inch by 2 inch square. The potato pancake under it was twice as big. Other than portion size, the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem of a restaurantRIffileeVIPDined on 7/13/2014We've eaten at Oceano many times because the food is good consistently, and service is wonderful. Our favorite meals there are lunch and dinner, where we have not had one menu item that wasn't delicious.Special Features:
- Disappointing DinnerjunebugVIPDined on 7/9/2014We were excited to have dinner at Oceano Bistro after reading the reviews on Open Table but were very disappointed in our dinners. I ordered halibut that was quite expensive. My piece of fish was small and so dried out that it crumbled. The sauce on my husband's sea bass was so overpowering he could not taste the fish. The restaurant was very attractively decorated and the service was very good but the food was not worth the visit.Special Features:
- Oceano BistroKooterDined on 7/8/2014Sean, our server was friendly and suggested several items off the menu. The Manager (name not known) went out of his way to complete our drink order. The atmosphere was relaxing which made our dining experience more enjoyable. Our meals expertly prepares and very tasty. Our hats are off to Sean, the Manager and Chef. We would certainly visit again on our next trip to St. Louis Jane&PaulSpecial Features:
- NiceFirstvisitDined on 7/8/2014My husband and I received a gift certificate for oceano. The food was good (I don't like seafood so I really can't leave a fair comment). The cucumber martini was excellent and the service was great. The prices are high so we probably won't be back for dinner.Special Features:
- Superior Service with Great Food!trinitiVIPDined on 7/5/2014I asked the server about a dish they used to have on the menu, and after a quick chat with the chef, they said they could still make it for me. They said if there were other entrees I wanted but didn't see on the menu, just ask, and if they have the ingredients and can, they would do it. How nice of them! Every bite of my seafood alfredo pasta was delicious! Not to mention the bread and oil, the chowder, and the flourless chocolate torte! Oh! And my friend got the beef tenderloin, which you wouldn't usually consider at a seafood restaurant, but it made us all drool and want to order it on our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tough steakesSkipDined on 7/5/2014My wife and I ordered the 8oz. tenderloin steak as we had in the past. The steaks were ordered cooked medium as we had several times before. The steaks arrived cooked rare and very tough. I informed the waitress of this and she took the stakes back to cook more. They were still too tough to chew when they were returned. The waitress was informed of this, but she made no effort to replace the steaks.
- Exceptional dinnerloftdwellerDined on 7/5/2014We brought guest for dinner and the meal was exceptional. We started with salads and flatbread. I had the sea bass with spinach which was perfectly cooked. Overcooked fish can be so dry but this was moist and flavorful. The menu offered a variety of fish and sea food options. I appreciated that the menu indicated the gluten free items for one of our guest who must eat gluten free. The wait staff was attentive without being intrusive in our conversation.Special Features:
- Mixed opinionsJodiVIPDined on 7/3/2014Had sea bass with spinach, tomatoes and a broth from their lighter menu. This was preceded by spinach salad. Sea bass was cooked just to the flaky point and was perfect. I have no complaints about my food; however my dining companion had some issues with his clam chowder which he liked but thought was too small for $10. His pasta dish with shrimp was just warm and some of the strands of pasta were stuck together. However, the overall taste was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty AwfulBraseGigantiVIPDined on 7/3/2014We've enjoyed Oceano in the past, but on this occasion, everything was flat-out wrong. The main issue: the server had to return to our table twice, each time to tell us that 1-2 things we had ordered were no longer on the menu. This wasted almost an hour, since we were not notified until well after this or that course was served. Servers should ALWAYS know what is off menu and what is in short supply, but ours didn't seem very interested. What DID come out was badly prepared, particularly an overdone beef tenderloin (ordered medium rare) that simply looked slopped onto the plate. Adding insult to injury, both the server and the manager tried to convince us none of this was their fault. We won't be returning.
- Good as everldgaffVIPDined on 7/3/2014Great seafood, great service, reasonable prices will go againSpecial Features: