Oceano Bistro - Chesterfield
16125 Chesterfield Parkway West
Chesterfield, MO 63017Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Oceano Bistro - Chesterfield
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oceanobistro.com/
- Phone: 6365369404
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 2:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jon Lowe
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Oceano Bistro - Chesterfield
We are St. Louis' premiere fresh seafood restaurant. Our chefs, in partnership with Fisherman, farmers and food artisan alike Have searched the worlds seas to bring St. Louis Whatbis enjoyed by those who live on the coast.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Oceano Bistro - Chesterfield reviews from OpenTable diners
- SkipzieDined on 5/3/2014We ate at the Clayton Restaruant. Great food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerKathleenDined on 4/24/2014Everything was very good. Food and service was excellent. Everyone attentive and responsive to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Lunchty50Dined on 4/24/2014We totally enjoyed our experience, we took our daughter out to lunch for her birthday. Each entree was presented beautifully and quite tasty. The dessert was a sponge cake berry delight with lemon sauce...My husband said, " BEST DESERT EVER." Jen, our server was very nice and made us feel special.....Special Features:
- Easter BrunchFoodieDined on 4/20/2014The food was good but they could have used more options. A dessert bar would have mad a difference. They had a tray of cookies on the bar, that's it for dessert.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceGreatExperienceDined on 4/19/2014My boyfriend and I went to Oceano for dinner and had a wonderful time. We were a little dissapointed that they were all out of the rack of lamb, but we understood. I ordered the samon and he ordered the scallops. Both dishes were excellent. Service was a little slow, but they only had two servers because it was Easter weekend and many servers had asked of, but our server still did a great job. Overall, we had a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CHANGING CHEFS AND OWNER/NAMEstlarryVIPDined on 4/12/2014Suprising that during transition to Bishops the service and dishes have not suffered. We were able to park our visiting feiends sixty five foot coach. Nearby snd have a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, but not worthkeithVIPDined on 4/11/2014Food was good, but not worth the money. Small martinis are also overpriced and not very good.
- The waitress did not knowBellVIPDined on 4/9/2014The waitress did not know what a kir was -- neither did the bartender! The sea bass was not at all good.
- Worth it.LUV2EATOUTDined on 4/5/2014Thoroughly enjoyed the restaurant. We both had the caesar salad and the dressing had a surprise kick to it with the grey poupon mustard. The Grilled Atlantic Salmon was done perfectly. The sides were different from what was on the web site menu which was fine because the fried potatoes and green beans were a better compliment to the dish. My husband had the scallops which he really enjoyed especially with the portabello mushroom. We would definitely go back again and recommend it to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good was is the best I could doGFKIDined on 4/5/2014Good food. Vodka with a splash of Cranberry was severed in very small on the rocks glass at 7 bucks it should of been bigger. Mussels were presented well but not tasty or succulent. Tuna was good, cooked to med rare but still dry. This place is good place, but not great. I guess living on the Midwest has it down side when it comes to seafood.
- I live in the neighborhoodglobalfoodieVIPDined on 4/4/2014I live in the neighborhood but usually default to the (farther away) Edgewild because the menu is more interesting and the vibe is always energetic. Historically, my concern with both Oceano locations was the static (read: unexciting) menu. Always very good, but not over-the-top wonderful you would expect given the prices. In our last 2 visits to Oceano in Chesterfield (last-minute, no tables available at Edge), we have been pleasantly surprised. I read recently that management changes and an eventual name change are in the works, but there is already change afoot on the menu. Broader variety and a more lively vibe have us reconsidering. The revamped Sea Bass dish was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice for anniversaryMike67Dined on 4/4/2014My wife and I chose Oceano for an anniversary dinner celebration. We wanted to go somewhere a little nicer and we weren't disappointed. The food was wonderful and the bottle of wine was also very nice. We don't normally order a bottle of wine but the server suggested it and it was a perfect idea. We had a nice time and had no complaints about the service or the food. We can see returning for dinner sometime soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceSargeDined on 3/29/2014Great food. Great service. A little pricy, but worth it every once in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs some workMaddysDadDined on 3/27/2014We had high hopes for this restaurant, but left very disappointed. The chef came out and talked to some friends at the table next to us for a long time. Their conversation was so loud that we had a hard time hearing each other. The starters, smoked trout and tuna tartar were ambitious, but the trout was overcooked and dry. The tartar was unique, but served with stale tortilla chips. The main courses were good, but not great. The hot rolls served with were the best part, but it would have been nice to have some butter. The desserts were disappoining too. The peanut butter bomb was a strange mess and we couldn't decide if it was supposed to be ice cream, mousse or just a scoop of Peter Pan. The Kuluah cake was thick and dry.
- DissapointingFoodieDined on 3/15/2014Sorry, not the overall experience I was looking for. First, we were seated next to a door that lead to outside - drafty and noisy when banged closed. Since the dinning room was half empty we moved ourselves to another table in that same room. Then sent my field greens salad back because I forgot to have them hold the blue cheese. My fault, my server did not mind at all taking the salad back but then she returned with a bowl of iceburg lettuce. It seemed to be tossed with the dressing and the cruncy topping all mixed in. Not the presentation or quality of the first salad. My entre, the sea bass was very good! But two screamming children seated at the next table had most of the dinners in that room annoyed.
- Perfect fish!GSA1Dined on 3/15/2014We both ordered fish dishes and both of them were prepared perfectly. The Ahi Tuna with Wasabi Mashed Potatoes was out of this world and the Atlantic Salmon was also terrific. The service was impeccable...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice outdoor searingkdoggoldVIPDined on 3/11/2014This was the best weather we'd had for a long time, so Oceano Chesterfield was our pick based on their beautiful 'backyard' seating. There's a little waterfall, and just a really nice and peaceful green setting... The food was good, service very good, outside seating great (although they could use another umbrella or two, to keep the sun from beating down on some of the tables that are out in the open). Very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and dinner were verydwillDined on 3/8/2014Service and dinner were very good, one entre came out colder than it should have, but that was fixed quickly by the staff, had an excellent wine recommendation for our server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall mediocracystlsnaabDined on 3/1/2014I thought the food was not bad, but it wasn't at the caliber of St. Louis' s other fine dining even though the price was on par. Our whole dining "experience" cost $100 and took 45 minutes, so I just felt it wasn't worth it.
- Birthday DinnersouthernbelleDined on 2/22/2014My husband took me for my birthday dinner and it was amazing! I had the scallops and enjoyed every bite. The waitress was very friendly and professional. I'm looking forward to returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Freezing cold no attention detailOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014We were sat on a patio for valentines day with a plastic screen around it that had a hole in it and the heater wasn't strong enough. I are with a coat on the entire time. We had to ask for bread, rarely had water refills, were given no steak knife for my rack of lamb that was over cooked. The entire time we were freezing cold. The ambience was terrible where we sat. Our table was an outdoor mesh table with a table cloth over it. My girlfriends fish was overlooked. We were just too polite to say anything at dinner. The rose they have us was nice though. It was valentines day and we both wished we skipped dinner. I've never wrote a review complaining nor do I complain at a restaurant but it was really a bad experience.
- Outstanding experiencejsimpusDined on 2/14/2014The food was excellent in both taste and presentation. We had steak and scallops. Both were prepared as requested and the sauces were very flavorful. Our server, Joshua, was fantastic. He was attentive, friendly and knowledgable. The pacing of the courses was a bit slow as there was quite a delay for the entrees. We heartily recommend the restaurant for a fine meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining!JustAGuyDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I went to Oceano Bistro for Valentine's Day. We found the service to be exceptional and the food was fantastic. I would encourage anyone trying the place out to get the 20oz. prime rib; it quite literally melts in your mouth. The outdoor porch comes complete with waterfall. Years ago when this place was called something else I actually performed a wedding on the porch and it was perfect for such an occasion and still appears to be. Great food, great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive for average qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Being Valentine's Day I expected larger crowds and tighter seating but I sat in a doorway leaving me little leg room. The waitress was good and talkative at first but then avoided us for about 10 minutes at which time my glass was empty. The food came and was served without the sides which I had to ask for. I expect for a $35 entree the meat to be choice. It was fatty, tough and not seasoned. There wasn't even salt and pepper at the table. Then the sides came. The potato cake tasted so much like oil it was unedible and it made my clothes stink. The vegetables were near raw and again not seasoned. This really was a bland overpriced meal.
- valentines at OceanoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014My wife and I had a very agreeable dinner at Oceanos for Valentine's day. It has a nice atmosphere and the food was excellent, and our server was great also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food - we all hadkathyVIPDined on 1/24/2014excellent food - we all had fish - and a wonderful birthday dessert too! Great waiter. Our app took awhile so they comped it, which was really nice!Special Features:
- Nothing specialNeeeceDined on 1/18/2014Our visit to Oceana wasn't bad but it wasn't anything special either. For the price, we have been to places that we have enjoyed our dishes a lot more than what we did here.
- A Wonderful Dining ExperienceFoodie1Dined on 1/18/2014As always, Oceano delivers what it promises-great ambience, service, food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oceano Delivers AgaincarolarmVIPDined on 1/18/2014My Mom and I stopped by Oceano for dinner and had a fantastic meal. The service was excellent and everything we ordered was wonderful.Special Features:
- We'll be back!OneThinMintDined on 1/17/2014Our food was very good, the server gets a B for being mostly attentive and the ambiance was OK. Loud table nearby and squeaky door to the kitchen were a little annoying, but we'll definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not goodahoffmanDined on 1/11/2014With all the reviews I was excited to go... The service dw horrible and the food was not good at all. I got the sea bass and the portion was very small and the sauce was watery.., I usually like most anything but this place was a thumbs down for sure!
- We liked the spread so muchJohnnyODined on 1/10/2014We liked the spread so much that 2 women from our group bought the olive oil/spice mix to bring home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Personal ServiceFoodieReviewerVIPDined on 1/9/2014Every visit is always a wonderful experience. I have taken groups here and the staff is more than happy to provide for our needs. From large groups, to a few friends or even when I dine alone, the staff has always made me feel like I was the most important person in their establishment. Not many resturants pay that kind of attention to detail of service. I will be a returning patron!Special Features:
- menu was new for new yearsTonyVIPDined on 12/31/2013menu was new for new years eve and had to ask about gluten free items which they are always accommodating Very good choices for entree's. Always good..I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs Up!dine4tayDined on 12/31/2013Warm and inviting ambiance; noise level was low, allowing for good conversation. The sea bass was wonderful, and prices reasonable. We'll definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good with a few nits to pickglobalfoodieVIPDined on 12/31/2013Vibe is always good at Oceano. The food, especially when they mix up the menu for special occasions (like New Years Eve. our most recent visit) is exciting. The regular menu at both Oceano locations hasn't change much in a long time.Special Features:
- Great Addition to ChesterfieldOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/22/2013Western St. Louis County is fortunate to have this upscale seafood restaurant. Nice menu, nice presentations and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experience Once AgaincarolarmVIPDined on 12/21/2013We have been to Oceano 5 or 6 times now and find they provide consistently excellent food and service. We love the place.Special Features:
- Dining with FriendsMemawDined on 12/19/2013We love Oceano, both locations, and try to eat there every few months.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The menu and food was notOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/1/2013The menu and food was not very good. Would never eat brunch there again. The service was just ok