Oceanaire Seafood Room - DC
1201 F Street, NW
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Oceanaire Seafood Room - DC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theoceanaire.com/
- Phone: 2023472277
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm Reservations Recommended
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Sean Sanders
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Oceanaire Seafood Room - DC
As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, including steak-cut Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or bluefin tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire. See you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Oceanaire Seafood Room - DC - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Oceanaire Seafood Room - DC reviews from OpenTable diners
339 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (217)fit for foodies (128)romantic (112)good for groups (104)notable wine list (85)great for lunch (74)hot spot (45)neighborhood gem (42)vibrant bar scene (35)late-night find (25)great for brunch (18)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- overratedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2014I had early dinner reservations 6 pm so the restuarant was fairly empty at the time but still got sat in small seat near waiters work station. Ask to be moved was told these were seats for 2 while other couples were clearly sitting in booths.. Maybe they were regulars beats me.. that kinda killed my mood and probably should have left after that.. the food was good not great.. my wife order came out 10 min before mine so I ended up full off my side of mash potatoes before my porkchop came out. .I'll pass next time.Special Features:
- Went early on Friday eve. Great!GigiDined on 9/19/2014Had an early dinner before a meeting. Got our choice of table, service was quick and pleasant and no issues about splitting an entree. Great Sancerre. Chilean Sea Bass was good--shrimp ceviche delicious. Great choice!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Always great food, lively scene and impeccable service!!Special Features:
- Great fishAussieDined on 9/14/2014We always love the quality of the food at Oceanaire. It has become quite expensive so now we only go when it is a business dinner. Given the price factor, some of the dining tables are poorly located and you can feel underwhelmed by the overall experience. I don't want to pay top dollar and be seated literally next to a bus station. Our waiter on this occasion seemed new and had to ask fellow staff for answers to our questions. He failed to provide a pen to sign the credit card and it took 10 minutes to get someone's attention. For this reason we found it necessary to reflect the service with an appropriate tip.Special Features:
- Always a good choice.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014A little pricey, but definitely worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Wonderful ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014I took my mom to celebrate her belated birthday at Oceanaire. We had a very enjoyable dinning experience. The service was superb and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Good ChoiceCaptainKirkUKDined on 9/12/2014We chose to go to this restaurant to celebrate our wedding anniversary. It was a last minute booking but we were still given a nice table and then were surprised to be given a scroll menu as a momento and a free dessert - what a nice touch. Good wine list, pleasant service. The food was good not great and it is expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, expensive, poor servicemmmmDined on 9/12/2014The restaurant had a lively feel to it. The service was slow and disjointed. Our ice water took 15 minutes to come then our appetizers came almost immediately before the menus were cleared. I would have rated the experience as very good if the bill was 150-200 but it was closer to 300 with tip (no wine ordered just one beer and 3 sodas). The food was very good.Special Features:
- President & CEOVicBDined on 9/12/2014Great service and food - very pleased with my experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceKFBCIHDined on 9/10/2014Very nice and in walking distance to downtown hotels. I brought first timers and they had a wonderful dinner.Special Features:
- terrible experienceluv2dineDined on 9/9/2014I was celebrating my birthday and expected to be seated when I arrived because I made reservations. I was told that a reservation does not guarantee you a table by your selected time.
- Review of the StewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014I had the fish stew when I was there. The roux had very little taste. If I went back, i would try something else. My father had the mixed grill and liked it very much. I wish I had tried something different.Special Features:
- Absolutely delish!LivetoysdteDined on 9/8/2014From the simply made BLT salad to the baked stuff shrimp, the food is fantastic! A bit pricey but you pay for quality, a definite favorite place of mine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The food was good. It could have been hotter. It was luke warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChrisDined on 9/6/2014Excellent menu and attentive service combine for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Great FooddelightfulDined on 9/4/2014delightfulMixed Seafood. Scallops were delicious. Would definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dionbnesbitt2DCDined on 9/3/2014I took my wife there for her Birthday and we had a wonders time. This was not our first time and we have always enjoyed the food, service and drinks and wine We both had fish and two sides. Always cooked perfect and portion are great. The price is always right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NLizDined on 9/3/2014Has over time consistently been an excellent seafood restaurant. Service is excellent and wait staff is very knowledgeable and helpful.Special Features:
- Bar to Table service needs work.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/31/2014Food, from appetizers to all four main courses was totally delicious and flawlessly prepared. Drinks at the bar were perfect. Drinks, however, when ordered at the table were inconsistent in size and quality with one martini being totally wrong and undrinkable. We switched to a bottle of wine but never received the ice bucket. The superb food made it a good experience, but, at $14 a drink, they should also be correct.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way overpricedRespondrVIPDined on 8/30/2014Best dish was the relish tray and bread ( both excellent). The main course was pedestrian. Not bad; but not up to the exorbitant prices for what you get.
- zoddDined on 8/29/2014Not very impressed by the food compared to the price.Special Features:
- Excellent!YaniDined on 8/27/2014This was my first time dining at Oceanaire and it was AMAZING! The service, The food and the decor of the restaurant was great! It takes quite a bit to impress me and Oceanaire is the place that did it.Special Features:
- Just Nice4daluvofoodVIPDined on 8/26/2014The fried seafood platter was nice and so were the crab cakes. The oysters were delicious but overall the food was average.
- Service is the charmCandylish5VIPDined on 8/24/2014I would definitely recommend Oceanaire Seafood Restaurant to those who want more than good food when they dine out. Yes, the food was good too. I had scallops that were succulent, fresh as could be, and grilled to perfection. My husband had the Chilean Sea Bass--scrumptious! But it was the A+ service that will bring us back again. Not just our server, but the entire staff understood how important friendliness and helpfulness are to the dining experience. Our server recommended a bottle of Cabernet that was not very expensive but still delivered the depth we were looking for. Oceanaire is located in Baltimore's hottest trendy new neighborhood, the East Harbor, not far from the new Four Seasons Hotel. The experience was pretty nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood at its' BestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014I've dined here in business settings but recently grabbed a late night 9:45pm seating and while the restaurant not that busy, the staff was outstanding and not in a hurry...and the food was exquisitely prepared. Raw oysters were perfect and the lump crab cocktail is well worth it. My waiter recommended another fish from the one on the menu (sea bass instead of tile) but with the same preparation, and I cleaned the plate. Oceanaire is definitely worth a revisit.Special Features:
- Must Trydlm41Dined on 8/22/2014I visited this location on August 21, 2014 and the food and service was first class. I cannot think of one negative aspect of my visit. The waiter was knowledgeable, courteous and attentive. The food was absolutely WONDERFUL!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeffDined on 8/22/2014Oceanaire always delivers great food, great service .Special Features:
- Always greatSomeDudeDined on 8/21/2014Great food, fantastic service (Shadraq is a great waiter) super atmosphere. Quality of the seafood is always outstanding. I eat at Oceanaire every time I'm in DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect restaurant!TereDined on 8/20/2014The service and foods were fabulous. The restaurant clean and neat. It's wonderful place to try on..Special Features:
- Oceanaire is the Spot!VetManDined on 8/17/2014I really enjoyed my meal during the last night of D.C. Restaurant Week and felt that Oceanaire was the place to have a dinner that night. It is one of my favorite D.C. dinner spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome time!TamTamDined on 8/17/2014I always leave the Oceanaire feeling spoiled rotten! Love this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Number oneTheone1Dined on 8/16/2014This restaurant is a lovely place to dine at. It is one I would recommend to friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvtodineDined on 8/16/2014Four of us went to Oceanaire for restaurant week and we had an outstanding meal. We were impressed that the portion sizes did not seem scaled back because of the lower price, and the quality of the food was excellent. We did, of course, wind up ordering some extras--wine, a particular side dish that my husband loves-- but we were treated very well by our waiter, even before we did so. We all left raving about the food, and we felt it was a totally enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Old-timeyArlingtongalDined on 8/16/2014Seems like the kind of restaurant our parents went to, back in the Mad Men days.
- Great FoodloveitDined on 8/16/2014Had a wonderful time at Oceanaire for restaurant week. The staff was great, received food in a timely manner. the chop chieck , with mashed potatoes and mushrooms was over the top great !!!Special Features:
- foodcriticqueenDined on 8/15/2014Great service, great food! I would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointingFrequentDinerDCDined on 8/15/2014Went to Oceanaire with a party of 8. The salmon was not good. The swordfish was OK, but bland. They ran out of soft shell crabs, so instead of serving 2 per order, they served one and did not adjust the price. The restaurant was also extremely noisy -- couldn't hear anyone except the person next to you. It was an expensive night out and a little disappointing.
- KevinDined on 8/15/2014Food was very good but the fish dish portions were very small.Special Features:
- sbrennan64Dined on 8/15/2014This was my 4th time at Oceanaire -- my 2nd Restaurant Week (last year's options were better but the food was still very good). Always a favorite dining location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant weekTanyaDined on 8/15/2014The food was great. Would have liked more choices on the entree menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.