Oceanaire Seafood Room - DC
1201 F Street, NW
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Oceanaire Seafood Room - DC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theoceanaire.com/
- Phone: 2023472277
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm Reservations Recommended
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Sean Sanders
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Oceanaire Seafood Room - DC
As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, including steak-cut Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or bluefin tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire. See you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Oceanaire Seafood Room - DC - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Oceanaire Seafood Room - DC reviews from OpenTable diners
345 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (229)fit for foodies (132)romantic (123)good for groups (108)notable wine list (89)great for lunch (71)hot spot (48)neighborhood gem (40)vibrant bar scene (33)late-night find (25)great for brunch (22)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Service is the charmCandylish5VIPDined on 8/24/2014I would definitely recommend Oceanaire Seafood Restaurant to those who want more than good food when they dine out. Yes, the food was good too. I had scallops that were succulent, fresh as could be, and grilled to perfection. My husband had the Chilean Sea Bass--scrumptious! But it was the A+ service that will bring us back again. Not just our server, but the entire staff understood how important friendliness and helpfulness are to the dining experience. Our server recommended a bottle of Cabernet that was not very expensive but still delivered the depth we were looking for. Oceanaire is located in Baltimore's hottest trendy new neighborhood, the East Harbor, not far from the new Four Seasons Hotel. The experience was pretty nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood at its' BestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014I've dined here in business settings but recently grabbed a late night 9:45pm seating and while the restaurant not that busy, the staff was outstanding and not in a hurry...and the food was exquisitely prepared. Raw oysters were perfect and the lump crab cocktail is well worth it. My waiter recommended another fish from the one on the menu (sea bass instead of tile) but with the same preparation, and I cleaned the plate. Oceanaire is definitely worth a revisit.Special Features:
- Must TryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014I visited this location on August 21, 2014 and the food and service was first class. I cannot think of one negative aspect of my visit. The waiter was knowledgeable, courteous and attentive. The food was absolutely WONDERFUL!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeffDined on 8/22/2014Oceanaire always delivers great food, great service .Special Features:
- Always greatSomeDudeDined on 8/21/2014Great food, fantastic service (Shadraq is a great waiter) super atmosphere. Quality of the seafood is always outstanding. I eat at Oceanaire every time I'm in DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect restaurant!TereDined on 8/20/2014The service and foods were fabulous. The restaurant clean and neat. It's wonderful place to try on..Special Features:
- Oceanaire is the Spot!VetManDined on 8/17/2014I really enjoyed my meal during the last night of D.C. Restaurant Week and felt that Oceanaire was the place to have a dinner that night. It is one of my favorite D.C. dinner spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome time!TamTamDined on 8/17/2014I always leave the Oceanaire feeling spoiled rotten! Love this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Number oneTheone1Dined on 8/16/2014This restaurant is a lovely place to dine at. It is one I would recommend to friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvtodineDined on 8/16/2014Four of us went to Oceanaire for restaurant week and we had an outstanding meal. We were impressed that the portion sizes did not seem scaled back because of the lower price, and the quality of the food was excellent. We did, of course, wind up ordering some extras--wine, a particular side dish that my husband loves-- but we were treated very well by our waiter, even before we did so. We all left raving about the food, and we felt it was a totally enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Old-timeyArlingtongalDined on 8/16/2014Seems like the kind of restaurant our parents went to, back in the Mad Men days.
- Great FoodloveitDined on 8/16/2014Had a wonderful time at Oceanaire for restaurant week. The staff was great, received food in a timely manner. the chop chieck , with mashed potatoes and mushrooms was over the top great !!!Special Features:
- foodcriticqueenDined on 8/15/2014Great service, great food! I would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointingFrequentDinerDCDined on 8/15/2014Went to Oceanaire with a party of 8. The salmon was not good. The swordfish was OK, but bland. They ran out of soft shell crabs, so instead of serving 2 per order, they served one and did not adjust the price. The restaurant was also extremely noisy -- couldn't hear anyone except the person next to you. It was an expensive night out and a little disappointing.
- KevinDined on 8/15/2014Food was very good but the fish dish portions were very small.Special Features:
- sbrennan64Dined on 8/15/2014This was my 4th time at Oceanaire -- my 2nd Restaurant Week (last year's options were better but the food was still very good). Always a favorite dining location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant weekTanyaDined on 8/15/2014The food was great. Would have liked more choices on the entree menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but service was okOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/14/2014The food was delicious and the portion size was good, but the service was fair. We didn't get served bread until our meals arrived and it took awhile to refill our water glasses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseDCFoodie2UDined on 8/14/2014I've been wanting to come to Oceanaire for quite sometime. Decided to surprise my husband, and I must say, he was pleasantly surprised. Our server Stephanie was fantastic, very personable and engaging. I will request her station on our next visit. Food was cooked to perfection and the cheesecake was delicious.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week Dinnersw511Dined on 8/14/2014The man at the host stand was rude. The host and hostess could not find our reservation and then insinuated we did not have one, but they would do us a favor and seat us anyway because it was "early enough." Despite the unpleasant welcome, the rest of the visit was quite good. The server was fantastic and the food was delicious!Special Features:
- not recommendedrsantaDined on 8/14/2014Food was mediocre. Very slow service in delivery of entre. Waiter had an attitude.Special Features:
- Great foodTeteDined on 8/13/2014My husband and I went for restaurant week. We had such a great time there. The food was amazing to us! A bit pricey but worth it. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining on the 1/2 shell...Dine2niteDined on 8/13/2014...and the pearl is the food! Dined with 5 friends and all agreed food was fabulous. As usual, Service was attentive , but not intrusive. Sat 3 in the shell booth and 3 across and it was a bit difficult to hear. Recommend one of the booths against the wall for a quieter dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was okCielbeeDined on 8/13/2014The food was ok, the service was ok, the dining room was full of people (no doubt due to Restaurant Week) so it was a bit noisy, but ok.
- DisappointingAnonymousDined on 8/13/2014The food was generally OK, but both of our andouille cornmeal stuffed trout entrees came out lukewarm with the stuffing at room temp; and with no andouille to be found. The black and bleu barramundi was tasty though. For appetizers, my tequila shrimp ceviche had more onion and cucumber than shrimp. More disappointing, however, was the service. Our server: 1) never mentioned the Restaurant Week menu even though that's why we came; 2) tried to up-sale us at every opportunity & was annoyed when we didn't bite; 3) put the wine next to the youngest member of our party (who didn't drink); 4) forgot to add wine to my glass after the initial tasting; 5) did not bring out bread; 6) handed items from across the table. He seemed quite untrained.
- Restaurant Week LunchTheOutofDowntownerDined on 8/13/2014Restaurant week lunch. Oceanaire's portions are ample. My fellow diner had a much better meal experience than I did and the service overall was lacking. We had finished our first course, clam chowder for my buddy and a Caesar for me and about to start our main course when the bread showed up. We declined--that bread would have been great with the soup and salad. At desert, the server never brought my buddy a fork, so he got one from another table. As for the food, the chowder was declared the "best ever," and my Caesar (w/anchovies) was very good. The fish tacos my buddy ate were declared excellent, while my mussels and fries were a real disappointment. The key lime pie and raspberry sorbet were both large portions and very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely DeliciousFreeash88Dined on 8/12/2014My boyfriend and I went to the Oceanaire Seafood Room for Restaurant Week. I actively participate twice a year but my bf was new to the party. So i wanted to pick a place that I thought he'd have a good first time experience. Oceanaire did not disappoint. We were brought a sample of the shrimp ceviche for being first timers. Yum! I followed that with the amazing Clam Chowder while he had the Caesar Salad. As an entree I had the Cornbread Stuffed Rainbow Trout with Spinach & Scallions. It was very good. He had the Swordfish with Sweet Potato Hash and Peaches. My boyfriend is a very picky eater and he absolutely loved his food. Had Key Lime Pie (heaven) and Cheesecake for dessert. Overall great dining experience. Will return!!!Special Features:
- Nice place, good food...NaomiDined on 8/12/2014They greeted and seated me as soon as I walked in (I was early for my reservation). The waiter was very pleasant and attentive. He brought a sample appetizer (tequila shrimp ceviche) as it was my first time dining here. Very good! I had the ceasar salad (delicious), the scottish salmon, and the pecan ball for dessert. The salmon was a little underdone for my taste and not well seasoned. I was a little bothered by my needing to add salt but it did help. The veggies under the salmon were very tasty and well seasoned and also provided a nice sauce to dip the salmon in. The pecan ball was different but still good, however, I would go for the key lime pie next time. I would visit this restaurant again just to try a different entree and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/12/2014Excellent service and outstanding food. It was a perfect date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical, as usualToolsmithDined on 8/12/2014Entering Oceanaire is like voyaging 60 or 70 years back in time - to a more leisurely time, where restaurateurs were infinitely solicitous. And as a bonus, the food is excellent. We try to visit at least once a year and every visit provides another reason to come back.Special Features:
- Thank you, Thank you, Thank youNenaDined on 8/11/2014An excellent food menu, and outstanding and professional customer service. Thank you NenaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- blc22Dined on 8/11/2014Every year during the " Restaurant Week", we choose an upscale restaurant to visit. All of those restaurants have been very considerate with the patrons in offering a good menu, even though during that week restaurants charge only $20.oo plus tax and gratuity for a fix menu. But I must say that your restaurant week menu was a disappointment . Tacos with a lot of salad in it and a sample of fish or a meat sandwich, accompanied by french fries. It reminded me of a fast food restaurant. Having a good menu should be a way of promoting the restaurant, like the Capital Grill restaurant for example, they really do know how to do business. Their menu for the restaurant week is excellent.
- Love coming back here everytimeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014This is my wife's favorite seafood restaurant in DC. We used to go to mccormick and schmick's but stopped because the service was so bad. The service at oceanair has always been the best. The food amazing. Definitely a great place to go for those special occasions (i.e. wife's birthday)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissatisfiedJimfcVIPDined on 8/9/2014My wife and Iooked forward to having dinner here on our last evening in Washington. We were greatly dissappointed by our experience. My salmon was over cooked and dry. My side dish of spinich was bland and tasetless. While our waiter was nice, service was slow and abrupt with food literally dropped on the table. Worse still, was that for all of this, the food and wine was greatly over priced. I would not go back and would not recommend this place to anyone else.
- Another Great DinnerSkipDined on 8/8/2014When visiting DC we try and have dinner there. The first time we didn't have a reservation and had dinner at the bar. Enjoyed that and subsequent trips we have made reservations well in advance. We have especially enjoyed the great selection of fish which is always prepared to our wishes. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but priceyaldente58VIPDined on 8/7/2014Oceanaire is the place to go for the widest variety of excellent seafood. But I still balked at a lunch menu with several fish offerings priced at $40 or more for a simply grilled fillet, no matter how fresh or excellent it may be. So I went with oysters rockefeller and an oyster po' boy, and both were fine -- expensive too, but they did not break the bank.Special Features:
- Great food - service needs workHaze5Dined on 8/6/2014I took our staff there for a dinner after a conference, the food was excellent. All the meals came out exactly as ordered and the desserts were divine. Our service staff however neglected us once the main course had arrived. We had to work hard to get her attention to order dessert and again to get the billSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business meetingsBillDined on 8/4/2014Great restaurant to bring colleagues or clients toSpecial Features:
- bradshaw123VIPDined on 8/3/2014My food was great. I think they have the best shrimp and grits in the city.Special Features:
- Birthday GirlMochaFoodieDined on 8/2/2014I had an awesome birthday celebration at Oceanaire Seafood Room in DC. The food was beyond my wildest expectations. I had great food and pretty drinks. What more can a girl ask?Special Features: