Oceanaire Seafood Room - DC
1201 F Street, NW
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Oceanaire Seafood Room - DC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theoceanaire.com/
- Phone: (202) 347-2277
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm Reservations Recommended
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Sean Sanders
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Oceanaire Seafood Room - DC
As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, including steak-cut Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or bluefin tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire. See you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Oceanaire Seafood Room - DC - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Oceanaire Seafood Room - DC reviews from OpenTable diners
363 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (213)fit for foodies (149)good for groups (137)romantic (107)notable wine list (96)great for lunch (79)hot spot (48)vibrant bar scene (40)neighborhood gem (40)late-night find (24)great for brunch (14)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (6)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- Great food Great ServiceFanofOceanaire1Dined on 11/15/2014Great food nice ambiance great service, excellent selectionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional service. Wonderful presentation.JimboDined on 11/14/2014While rather noisy, the food was expertly prepared and presented. The wine list is extraordinary and the service was excellent. Everyone very welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and Service!JB112Dined on 11/13/2014The food at the Oceannaire is superb! The service is also excellent. The crowd was rather noisy. I was struggling to hear the server speak. Other than that, I liked everything else about the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Longtime Restaurant PatronOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/12/2014I have enjoyed Oceanaire Seafood Room since I getting my first Macy's paycheck as a teen. Translation - as a lover of DCs many overpriced venues, this restaurant was near the top of my list. I have always (and still do) enjoy this restaurant even when they fell off a few years back and began to look dated and low-rate. I took a good friend for a birthday lunch and we were a little pressed for time, after telling the server this a few times we still sat for almost 40 minutes before our entree order was taken. I was compelled to write this review because this may have been the worst service ever and I could count the amount of patrons in the entire restaurant on 1 hand. Great food, but the server was horrible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Shelf ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/11/2014The OceanAire was superb, beginning with the patience and thoughtfulness of our server, the consistent excellent quality of the food, and the quiet atmosphere. Although we were the last party to leave the restaurant after its closing hour, the entire staff was courteous, and responsive throughout our stay. The reasonable valet parking service out front was an added plus. Can't wait to return to OceanAire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before ConcertMarigavinDined on 11/9/2014Ate here before the Stevie Wonder concert on a Sunday, Nov. 9th. Location just 4 blocks from the Verizon Center. Ordered the Sea Bass which was tasty but could have been a bit more hot in the center for me. Could have asked to take back and reheat but we were on a time schedule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- heilbaumOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2014Great food and service. Our party of three was seated on time at a table for 6-8 - it was difficult to hear each other. The restaurant was busy and, at first, we thought we were forgotten. Once our order was taken, the service improved and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/8/2014I am never disappointed. We spend our anniversary here as a tradition. It's always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Seafood SpotpwashingtonDined on 11/7/2014I've been to these restaurant a number of times and the food is always very good, the service is top notch and the ambience is comfortable. Definitely a place were you can take a date and have a great time.Special Features:
- Repeat customerABerkeyDined on 11/7/2014I'm a big fan of this place. Excellent seafood and even the steaks are great for those who may not eat seafood. I have been here for a lunch of 3 and a party of 40. Service is great. It's also conveniently located with nearby parking garages as well as street parking out front.Special Features:
- TorontoCharTorontoCharDined on 11/4/2014I have visited The Oceanaire from San Diego to Washington DC and it never disappoints - the shrimp and grits is amazing and no matter what I order it always ends with the crabcakes and the key lime pie ( usually to take home since I'm stuffed with all the other goodies) - When I'm in DC - it is a must visit restaurant for me and my guest - at least one night of the week :-)Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014Went here for a lunch meeting a bit before noon to beat the lunch crowd. There was no one at the hostess desk when we arrived, but we found a wonderful server who stayed with us throughout lunch. His service was outstanding, the food was superior, and the noise level was never a problem. I will definitely take more lunch meetings here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT SERVICE FRIENDLYDennis6988HDined on 10/30/2014The service food and Waiter were all excellent , Only issue was the person I was with and she was a pain very demanding will not take her out with me againSpecial Features:
- classysusanDined on 10/28/2014Sure to make a good impression if you take someone here for a special occasion. The asparagus appetizer was delicious, as we're the scallops and sea bass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2014Came here last-minute for a business dinner. Everything was great, although prices are definitely expense-account level so be prepared.Special Features:
- Best Ever.pythonxxDined on 10/26/2014As always the food is great at Oceanaire. We go there from time to time and they never disappoint. The service and food are always A+. I would recommend then to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed ReviewsmacdinesDined on 10/25/2014As always the food was great but this was the worst service I have had at Oceanaire. My wife and I felt alternately a bit rushed and ignored by the wait/service staff. It made an other wise great meal a bit less enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2014Food was just ok....didn't find it to be great. Service started off good, but than my waiter got a party of 15 and was so consumed by them that I think he forgot about me. Scallops were a little burnt. Not sure if i'll be returning.Special Features:
- Tale of 2 LobstersGoldwire2VIPDined on 10/24/2014My hubby and I went for twin tail special and wasn't disappointed; in addition butternut squash soup was to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, noisy, pretentiousJerryVIPDined on 10/24/2014High quality food, fish can come in almost any cooking and style (hot, blue cheese, crab...) you like. Tastes are great. Servings are large. Place breathes high class: white linen, white clad waiters etc. but service, ambiance, noise levels, do not truly live up to its pretense. Service is quick, but hasty and rather impersonal. We had 6 servers on our table in first 10min. All for a different thing. Didn't give you a feeling of a relaxing quality night out. Surrounding tables extremely noisy. Pitty, because the food is up to it. So are the prices - a bit too pretentious for its overall quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BradDined on 10/24/2014Food selection and quality was outstanding, and the service was very good. Was a bit noisy for dinner (seemed to be combination of noise from the bar and in the restaurant).
- Still a hit!SwilliamsDined on 10/24/2014I always enjoyed dining at Oceannaire. We went for lunch at around 1:30 pm and the restaurant was absolutely quiet. Server was stellar and food was more than enough for two people. This is a one of my favorite restaurant for lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oceanaire doesnt disappointbchboyVIPDined on 10/23/2014Took my daughter to dinner for her birthday. Oysters were fresh and outstanding as was dinner itself. (Crab cakes and scallops.) Service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent on all countsChipper2VIPDined on 10/21/2014My wife and I had never been to Oceanaire, but we were blown away by the experience. The ambience was interesting yet allowed us privacy in our own booth. The menu was so loaded with appealing offerings that it was very difficult to choose from any of the categories. Our genial and laid back waiter provided helpful explanations and recommendations, was always there when needed, and not there when we wanted privacy. The prices were high, but the food was top notch. The chef seems to have a fondness for bacon, which found its way into many dishes, so his vice matched my own perfectly. The featured wine, a Chateau Montelena chard, was excellent. All in all, a very satisfying dining experience. We will certainly return.Special Features:
- Great findfoodiefromOHDined on 10/20/2014We took a chance after finding the restaurant on a website of eateries in D.C. It was fabulous food and a wonderful atmosphere. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive Service Makes ItOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/18/2014Oceanaire is one of two D.C. restaurants that consistently serves up the freshest seafood with a most attentive staff. I had a 8:30 seating on a recent Saturday night and the restaurant was almost full. Request a booth which provides some privacy for conversation. My guest and I decided to split the orders, from appetizers through the small filet entree, and Marco, the waiter was most accommodating throughout, setting a new plate before each serving and making sure the filet was sliced to make it easier to split. The seasoning on the steak was perfect and the mashed potatoes were perfectly whipped.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014Started out with friendly service but not really attentive service. When our meal was served it was luke warm at best. They microwaved the side of potatoes (which were really tasty) but I chose not to have my fish "heated" so overall it was a disappointment and I will not return or recommend. They gave us dessert to make up for the meal.
- Great restaurant.dcdocDined on 10/18/2014This is a great special occasion spot. The food and service are excellent. The menu changes every time we come here due to the seasonal nature of fresh seafood.Special Features:
- Almost perfectLunchDined on 10/17/2014Although there was plenty of staff in the restaurant, the service could have been better. We had a great time and the food was good but we had to ask for assistance more than someone checking on us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great !!PORTERHOUSEDined on 10/16/2014The best crabcake !! Great service. Great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Run of the mill seafoodAdequateVIPDined on 10/15/2014Run of the mill seafood at expense account prices.
- Birthday CelebrationDiningDesDined on 10/14/2014Oceanaire went above and beyond, including a special gift and flaming dessert, to make my sister's 65th Birthday a wonderful occasion. The staff was excellent. Thank you Oceanaire!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as alwaysern3365Dined on 10/13/2014The big eye tuna Sahimi style with the best Wasabi I've ever had.Special Features:
- I ALWAYS GOOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/13/2014Whenever I'm in DC I always go to Oceanaire Seafood Room either for lunch or dinner . This time I have asked crab cakes with a side salad and I got one smal crab cake not well done on the salad . The service was down before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent servicePMCQVIPDined on 10/12/2014And thoroughly enjoyed our dinner; lobster tails were yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Seafood DiningHankVIPDined on 10/12/2014Been coming here for a long time. I really love Cceanaire!Special Features:
- Not as good as beforeMbiancabDined on 10/10/2014My boyfriend and I came here for his birthday several years ago and we decided to return for his birthday this year, but the food and service have gone down since then. The food was ok, but definitely not for the priceSpecial Features:
- Love this place, but....ChrissyVADined on 10/9/2014Have never had a bad meal here, except this time one entry -a special, was not good at all and had to be sent back. To their credit, they remade it to perfection the second time around.Special Features:
- Awesome seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/9/2014Never a disappointing meal. It's a pricey choice but the food is always delicious and fresh, service is excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodmeVIPDined on 10/8/2014I ordered the steak with chimichurri sauce for lunch -- I'd been to Oceanaire enough to know it has great seafood, and wanted to see if the steak was up to snuff. It came with five medallions that were just OK, along with a gigantic pile of fries. I think I'll have the fish next time.