Oceanaire Seafood Room - DC
1201 F Street, NW
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Oceanaire Seafood Room - DC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theoceanaire.com/
- Phone: 2023472277
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm Reservations Recommended
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Sean Sanders
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Oceanaire Seafood Room - DC
As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, including steak-cut Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or bluefin tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire. See you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Oceanaire Seafood Room - DC - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Oceanaire Seafood Room - DC reviews from OpenTable diners
344 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (218)fit for foodies (136)good for groups (121)romantic (105)notable wine list (84)great for lunch (76)hot spot (41)neighborhood gem (40)vibrant bar scene (35)late-night find (29)great for brunch (17)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Attentive Service Makes ItOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/18/2014Oceanaire is one of two D.C. restaurants that consistently serves up the freshest seafood with a most attentive staff. I had a 8:30 seating on a recent Saturday night and the restaurant was almost full. Request a booth which provides some privacy for conversation. My guest and I decided to split the orders, from appetizers through the small filet entree, and Marco, the waiter was most accommodating throughout, setting a new plate before each serving and making sure the filet was sliced to make it easier to split. The seasoning on the steak was perfect and the mashed potatoes were perfectly whipped.Special Features:
- Great restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014This is a great special occasion spot. The food and service are excellent. The menu changes every time we come here due to the seasonal nature of fresh seafood.Special Features:
- Great !!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2014The best crabcake !! Great service. Great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationDiningDesDined on 10/14/2014Oceanaire went above and beyond, including a special gift and flaming dessert, to make my sister's 65th Birthday a wonderful occasion. The staff was excellent. Thank you Oceanaire!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as alwaysern3365Dined on 10/13/2014The big eye tuna Sahimi style with the best Wasabi I've ever had.Special Features:
- I ALWAYS GOOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/13/2014Whenever I'm in DC I always go to Oceanaire Seafood Room either for lunch or dinner . This time I have asked crab cakes with a side salad and I got one smal crab cake not well done on the salad . The service was down before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent servicePMCQVIPDined on 10/12/2014And thoroughly enjoyed our dinner; lobster tails were yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Seafood DiningHankVIPDined on 10/12/2014Been coming here for a long time. I really love Cceanaire!Special Features:
- Not as good as beforeMbiancabDined on 10/10/2014My boyfriend and I came here for his birthday several years ago and we decided to return for his birthday this year, but the food and service have gone down since then. The food was ok, but definitely not for the priceSpecial Features:
- Love this place, but....ChrissyVADined on 10/9/2014Have never had a bad meal here, except this time one entry -a special, was not good at all and had to be sent back. To their credit, they remade it to perfection the second time around.Special Features:
- Awesome seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/9/2014Never a disappointing meal. It's a pricey choice but the food is always delicious and fresh, service is excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodmeVIPDined on 10/8/2014I ordered the steak with chimichurri sauce for lunch -- I'd been to Oceanaire enough to know it has great seafood, and wanted to see if the steak was up to snuff. It came with five medallions that were just OK, along with a gigantic pile of fries. I think I'll have the fish next time.
- Excellent restaurantSHillDined on 10/7/2014Great for fine table and excellent table service. The ambiance is very nice for multiple occassions from birthdays, to a first date, to a group meeting.Special Features:
- Always consistantKBBX5Dined on 10/6/2014When we travel to a city that has an Oceanaire, we always enjoy a meal there. The food is fresh and delicious. The service is awesome. We love being members of the Landry's restaurant rewards too. It is easy to earn point for savings on the next meal.Special Features:
- Oceanaire reviewFoodie7839Dined on 10/3/2014Enjoyed the food. Servings were huge. Great date night with the boyfriend. A little disappointed with the service--- we are in our twenties with decent jobs and enjoy splurging on date nights at fancy restaurants, bc of our age we almost got written off and not taken seriously, not sure if this is because the server and staff thought we wouldn't tip or that we wouldn't order a lot of food. We tipped more then 20% and ordered two apps and two entrees so we weren't just in it for an entree to share. It kind of ruins the experience when you feel like you are eating to prove people wrong as supposed to eating to enjoy and try/experience the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding OceanairejameseatsDined on 10/3/2014The ambience was very fitting for a loving conversation with my wife. The menu had many choices and food was delicious. We were very impressed with the server and his knowledge of the menu.Special Features:
- Highly RecommendedEnjoyseafoodDined on 10/3/2014The restaurant came recommended to me and so I brought guests on that recommendation. We had a reservation for a table however we enjoyed the Raw Bar so much we decided to just eat there. Everything was excellent and the suggested wines were well received.Special Features:
- SuperbRobinGDined on 10/2/2014Brought a friend here for the first time because they wanted great wine and fresh seafood at reasonable prices. The Oceanaire both impressed them and made me the smartest cookie in town. Service was impeccable, staff was knowledgeable, attentive and friendly, the ambience was amazing, the wine and cocktail selection unique and the food amazing! And all without breaking the bank.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deeply DisappointingRickVIPDined on 10/1/2014Cold food, slow food and wrong food served to my business guest and me. Food had to be sent back to the kitchen, which took fifteen minutes or more to heat it up. It was embarrassing. They were very efficient in bringing the $400 check, though. Oceanaire used to be good, but no longer. If you have an important dinner, I strongly suggest you go elsewhere.
- FavsKFausVIPDined on 9/30/2014Food is always great, love the salads. The staff is always very friendly and helpful with making good decisions on the meal. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite lunch spots.Special Features:
- Nice Dinner With FriendsMrHungryDined on 9/27/2014Food was great! Service was a bit slow. When the valet pulled my car up though, it was making some kind of loud noise (loud enough for everyone on the sidewalk to hear). When I asked the valet what the sound was, his reply was "I don't know...bad transmission??) I got into my car and saw that he had my emergency parking brake on. I figured given the restaurant, he had driven a Maserati before. Or at leas knew to check for a parking brake. That made me feel very uncomfortable simply because I knew then that he had driven it all the way from the garage with the electronic parking brake on! Wasn't the worst that could happen but enough to end the night on a bit of a low point. Oceanaire is wonderful! Valet, not so much that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Seafood RestrauntUtahguy59Dined on 9/27/2014Made our reservation in the afternoon on Open Table app for 20:30. We arrived at 20:20 and were seated immediately. Our waitress took plenty of time to explain the night's specials, what was fresh, and how each dish was prepared. We don't drink wine but I noticed that she did the same with regard to the wine list for the party seated near us. She presented herself in a kind and patient manner. The food came promptly and everything was delicious. My wife and daughter were both very pleased, as was I. The prices reflect that you are in the nation's capitol, and in a very nice seafood establishment, meaning quite high. However, the atmosphere and most people's dress was casual. It was very nice overall. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- ExtraordinaryTomasVIPDined on 9/27/2014Just a delightful experience. If you want seafood, this is the place to go. My wife had the mixed seafood grill and I had the halibut. Just extraordinary. Wonderful food and service. Quality. Quality. Quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Dining PleasureKeithDined on 9/27/2014This is one of my favorite DC dining spots because of the excellent quality of the seafood, the ambiance, and the attention to detail you receive from the wait staff. I have always been please with there recommendations of side dishes and main courses and their suggestions on wine paring has always suited my taste. The portion sizes are more than ample and I always leave feeling quite satisfied with a full belly and a quality meal. I would recommend this restaurant for a date night, friends meeting, even a family event as I believe they have space for larger groups. The restaurant also offers valet parking and that is nice plus. You can't go wrong with them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a great place to dine!!AnniversaryOutingDined on 9/26/2014My husband and I hadn't dined at Oceanaire in several years. We celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary there. The food is still delicious and the atmosphere is romantic for couples. I'm glad to say we will be including Oceanaire in our rotation of restaurants again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neither Impressed nor DisappointedKennethDined on 9/25/2014For fine dining, Oceanaire is overall acceptable but not stellar. We ordered the following: Tuna Poke - 4 stars; Mussels - 2.5 stars (arrived lukewarm and overcooked); Crab cake - 3.5 stars; Lobster Mac & Cheese - 3 stars (not my choice as it is expensive ingredients wasted); Escargots in Puff Pastry - 2 stars (a novelty but bland); wine selection - 4 stars; waiter Pino - 3 stars (jovial but checked back in on us only when we were nearly finished); noise - 3 stars (fine in the evening when it's half-empty); decor (3 stars); lighting - 4 stars (one of few restaurants where it doesn't seem like they don't want me to see what I am eating); ambiance - 3 stars (would be nice to have votive candles on the table for evening dining).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice timepwashingtonDined on 9/23/2014The food was excellent, service good; the bar area was a bit noisy for a Tuesday night. But all in all a very nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2014The seafood was great quality and very fresh! The fish are caught daily, according to the waiter.Special Features:
- Oceanaire DCtommyvDined on 9/22/2014Very good seafood restaurant. Fresh fish daily with interesting specials. Great selection of shellfish. White table ambiance and elegant for couples or groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/22/2014The experience was great went for my wifes birthday and she had a wonderful time and enjoyed the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice findChrisDined on 9/20/2014Outstanding service. We were seated in a side room off the main dining room. Nice for conversation. One of the best margaritas I've had in a restaurant. Everyone was happy with their meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable meal, not stellarEllenPDined on 9/20/2014Some items were very good. The oyster selection was terrific, and we appreciated the waiter giving us a list of what we ordered and pointing out which variety was which--a nice touch. My roasted beet salad was delicious, as was my mojito. My husband enjoyed his halibut, but I found my rockfish a bit oversalted. Very good waiter--the only odd thing is that he convinced us to change our wine order to a cheaper bottle (!) which turned out to be pretty forgettable. If you choose carefully from the menu, you can have a great meal here; the service is quite good. I didn't care for some of the background music--seems to me the retro decor would be better suited to jazz instead of pop. My guess is they are trying to appeal to a younger crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overratedkeepingitrealDined on 9/20/2014I had early dinner reservations 6 pm so the restuarant was fairly empty at the time but still got sat in small seat near waiters work station. Ask to be moved was told these were seats for 2 while other couples were clearly sitting in booths.. Maybe they were regulars beats me.. that kinda killed my mood and probably should have left after that.. the food was good not great.. my wife order came out 10 min before mine so I ended up full off my side of mash potatoes before my porkchop came out. .I'll pass next time.Special Features:
- 73onarollDined on 9/20/2014As usual, everything was simply fantastic. You can search around if you like, but if you are looking for a great experience, look no further.Special Features:
- Went early on Friday eve. Great!GigiDined on 9/19/2014Had an early dinner before a meeting. Got our choice of table, service was quick and pleasant and no issues about splitting an entree. Great Sancerre. Chilean Sea Bass was good--shrimp ceviche delicious. Great choice!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Always great food, lively scene and impeccable service!!Special Features:
- Great fishAussieDined on 9/14/2014We always love the quality of the food at Oceanaire. It has become quite expensive so now we only go when it is a business dinner. Given the price factor, some of the dining tables are poorly located and you can feel underwhelmed by the overall experience. I don't want to pay top dollar and be seated literally next to a bus station. Our waiter on this occasion seemed new and had to ask fellow staff for answers to our questions. He failed to provide a pen to sign the credit card and it took 10 minutes to get someone's attention. For this reason we found it necessary to reflect the service with an appropriate tip.Special Features:
- Always a good choice.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014A little pricey, but definitely worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- BD dinnerDisappointedDined on 9/13/2014Don't know if it was that particular or not, as first time diner, however we all (4 people) were not happy with the service and especially the food. We found it mediocre or less: overcooked shrimp, nondescript sauces, etc. Very overrated in our opinions.
- Wonderful ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014I took my mom to celebrate her belated birthday at Oceanaire. We had a very enjoyable dinning experience. The service was superb and the food was delicious.Special Features: